PDA

View Full Version : pCARS Dash or similiar support?

TrueNOS2
06-07-2015, 19:49
The developer of this app is on your app link page and has a functioning version for the PC version of Project Cars and they posted this statement "Notice regarding pCars Dash and PS4 / XBox1 At the moment its not possible to use pCars Dash with the PS4 or XB1 version of Project Cars because the Project Cars interface which pCars Dash links to is only available on the PC. We have requested that Slightly Mad Studios (the makers of Project Cars) look at adding an interface that can allow this app (and other 3rd party apps) to work with the PS4 and XB1 versions. Hopefully this will happen in the near future so this app and others can be made available to all Project Cars players."
I always play "looking over the nose" view on my PC SIM rig and use a secondary small display for the gauges. It adds more realism to the experience. This would be a great interface/addition to the PS4 version and I truly hope that this comes about. BTW 2.0 patch :applause:

sbtm
06-07-2015, 19:51
+1 for this. Would be awesome!

yopp90
06-07-2015, 23:32
I hope after they get the main issues fixed and start adding features they add support for the app. I feel if enough people ask they will add support eventually (if it's possible), I'd pay for the opportunity to run a tach and speedometer on my phone

Pappa_Stig
06-07-2015, 23:46
I would also love this addition. Take your time SMS, you're doing a great job. The game is getting so much better for me with each patch that comes out and crushes a bunch of bugs. The rate you're killing the bugs they'll all be history soon, and then maybe we can get some of the more requested features.

jason
06-07-2015, 23:52
+ 1 we need this SMS to move forward for consoles in the sim racing market, I know sounds extreme but if that's what you want to push we need everything possible .

I now have keyboard support ( thank you SMS ) and what is missing is my ipad or iphone for telemetry on my rig.

spidey11
07-07-2015, 01:31
+1 for me. PS4 "bonnet cam" user who would love more options so I can keep that view.

Wheelzr
07-07-2015, 03:17
Hi, this has been requested frequently. The reason this isn't an app is because PS4 and XB1 don't have support for milisecond-updated data. Games can make calls to an online app (shadows of mordor did this very well) but it's not something that can be live like a tachometer. PC allows any file to be read by any devices, consoles do not allow this.

Ryzza5
07-07-2015, 03:23
I believe the issue is that the consoles do not permit game creators to output 'Shared Memory' which is what makes all of these PC community apps possible. So this request is unlikely to come to fruition.

jason
07-07-2015, 03:32
Is this correct ? What about battlefield map app , I'm not sure the finer details but it is a live map of the battlefield updating in real time as the game is running in real time .

I don't see the difference.

Fre.Mo
07-07-2015, 06:05
Yes but in battlefield, all your data are on EA server...

MULTIVITZ
07-07-2015, 06:09
Price is an object, I thought we were going to get support from the console companies, obviously not.

Voxen
07-07-2015, 07:17
I believe the issue is that the consoles do not permit game creators to output 'Shared Memory' which is what makes all of these PC community apps possible. So this request is unlikely to come to fruition.

If shared memory is not accessible there is still the possibility to use a LAN or Internet. The game could send data to a server (local or distant) where an external client (Dash app for example) can retrieve them. With computers nothing is impossible ;)

Katilla
07-07-2015, 11:36
+1 for this.
I would like to!

Synner40
07-07-2015, 11:50
how about adding a eng temp gauge to the hud? camera cycling can be a pain mid race.

jimmyb_84
07-07-2015, 13:53
how about adding a eng temp gauge to the hud? camera cycling can be a pain mid race.

Use MoTec display? Works for me.

I'd like live telemetry as currently have no idea about tyre wear, just how it feels.

tmitch45
07-07-2015, 15:07
I've said from the start that app like this will be great for pcars! Fingers crossed we get this functionality for ps4 and xbone

TrueNOS2
07-07-2015, 15:21
Voxen in post #12 would be correct as to one way this could work. I had been toying around with the Playstation Remote Play app which brings up a second screen to play games remotely which is handled in this manner. I was going to try to isolate/zoom in on the onscreen "dash" display in the game on the second device/screen for the time being but the problem is that the controls are taken over by the app's on-screen virtual controller and disables the local DS4 (or wheel). "With computers nothing is impossible" I think that this function would definitely boost console converts.

PureMalt77
07-07-2015, 15:25
I'm even ready to pay as extra DLC option for this feature!

Pirategenius
07-07-2015, 15:27
They could possibly utilise the ps vita for a telemetry screen, motec or rear view mirror display on ps4. As its already possible to do this on other games allegedly. Don't know if this is something SMS could implement.

Would be nice if someone from the Dev team could comment on this.

jimmyb_84
07-07-2015, 15:55
Voxen in post #12 would be correct as to one way this could work. I had been toying around with the Playstation Remote Play app which brings up a second screen to play games remotely which is handled in this manner. I was going to try to isolate/zoom in on the onscreen "dash" display in the game on the second device/screen for the time being but the problem is that the controls are taken over by the app's on-screen virtual controller and disables the local DS4 (or wheel). "With computers nothing is impossible" I think that this function would definitely boost console converts.

I use my remote play with a DS4 controller ;)

Synner40
07-07-2015, 16:15
I use the hood view. when I need to I change to in car to check water/oil temps. then I need to cycle though back to hood view. I want a water/oil temp gauge next to the rpm/speedo in hood view

Wheelzr
08-07-2015, 15:55
Once again, yes EA and others have had Apps for data reporting. Difference is that those Apps are not retrieving live-stream data....the latency and hops would be all over the place. Could be utilized (at a cost) for things not to-the-second critical.

Bluedice
13-07-2015, 09:25
Once again, yes EA and others have had Apps for data reporting. Difference is that those Apps are not retrieving live-stream data....the latency and hops would be all over the place. Could be utilized (at a cost) for things not to-the-second critical.

Something that if you stop to think isn't critical to the point of not allowing some milliseconds latency. After all it would be mostly for display/reference and would hardly pass the 500ms delay.

Slicker_VR
13-07-2015, 14:40
"I always play "looking over the nose" view on my PC SIM rig and use a secondary small display for the gauges. It adds more realism to the experience."
i have to query how looking over the nose adds more realism to the experience -do you see race drivers sitting on the roof of their cars??
go in-car and you can see the important gauges ;)

stevemontuno
13-07-2015, 15:09
would be cool if they implemented the ps vita into a second screen for either dash readings or maybe a touch screen button box of some sort.

McKiernan
13-07-2015, 18:10
Yes, IRL those race car drivers have a screen just behind their true wheels where you see a virtual wheel and hands moving it.. If there was a view where you could only see the dash, a lot of people would convert to that cockpit view. For me and a lot of other people on here, seeing your wheel and another wheel on the screen feels weird and unrealistic. So to me, a hood view is more "realistic" than a cockpit view, as weird as that sounds.

And I would love for PCARS to have customizable display. They do a limited version- you can hide/view and move things around. What if you could grab the brake and tire telemetry data, add in the speedometer and the race data which appears on the bottom left? That would be (almost) all I need in one display...

But you can turn off the wheel and driver's hands.

vince34750
23-11-2015, 12:27
+1 for this request as well.
Consoles need to be on-par with PC. On PC, telemetry often relies on third-party apps / modules / plugins. However, some editors do provide telemetry in an embedded and smart way: they send over network UDP data packets that can be read by telemetry apps (UDP is faster, not needing acknowledge). That's the case for Ubisoft/Ivory Tower "The Crew" on PC for example. All that is needed on the GUI is a checkbox to enable telemetry output, and eventually an @IP field (IP could be also gateway @IP -1 or PS4 @IP +1 , ....)
But this requires SMS to make it, not the community as this has to go through Sony's approval I guess.
We can start dreaming.....

inthebagbud
23-11-2015, 13:09
+1 for this request as well.
Consoles need to be on-par with PC. On PC, telemetry often relies on third-party apps / modules / plugins. However, some editors do provide telemetry in an embedded and smart way: they send over network UDP data packets that can be read by telemetry apps (UDP is faster, not needing acknowledge). That's the case for Ubisoft/Ivory Tower "The Crew" on PC for example. All that is needed on the GUI is a checkbox to enable telemetry output, and eventually an @IP field (IP could be also gateway @IP -1 or PS4 @IP +1 , ....)
But this requires SMS to make it, not the community as this has to go through Sony's approval I guess.
We can start dreaming.....

sometimes dreaming becomes reality :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-COMPLETE-Companion-app-UDP-streaming :yes: (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-COMPLETE-Companion-app-UDP-streaming)

vince34750
23-11-2015, 13:46
Amazing !!!!!
So if I got it correctly, it will be in patch 7 on PS4 ??
The specs are in the first post of the thread ? I'll check on my favorite XSIM board to see about the plugins development then

Many thanks for the link to the thread

jimmyb_84
23-11-2015, 18:39
sometimes dreaming becomes reality :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-COMPLETE-Companion-app-UDP-streaming :yes: (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-COMPLETE-Companion-app-UDP-streaming)

Your not wrong! I cannot wait for this to go live. We just need a definitive list of comparable apps. I keep checking API section but nothing really updated yet.

I'm going to have a go myself but don't hold your breath, I need to read loads and watch YouTube videos, I just want to extract strategy data, my current understanding is it involves witch-craft

ports
23-11-2015, 18:59
I know that 3 Apps so far are guaranteed to come to console they are VrHive and Pcars Dash and CrewChiefV3. And i can't wait for it to happen :)