PDA

View Full Version : FFB on my notebook

Karlchen
06-07-2015, 20:02
Hello,

like I posted on the introduction thread, I play Project Cars with a joystick and I want to buy a wheel.
I play on a notebook with a Intel Core i5-3210M CPU and a nvidia Geforce GT630m graphics card.
This GPU does not meet the minimum required stardards to play this game, but on car high and track medium settings I can play
this game very good with frame rates above 30.

Soon I want to buy a wheel with FFB. Should I expect dropping framerates because of FFB?

Paul Swanepoel
08-07-2015, 17:21
Hi Kerlchen, No, I do not believe that you should worry about this, your frame rate should remain the same as it is now, your frame rate will not drop.

In PCARS, ALL of the FFB is derived from calculations that are done for tire & road interaction. These calculations are always happening when in game (not menus),
and the processing overhead for the FFB system is most likely very small and probably present even when no wheel or controller is used.

What wheel are you considering ?

Karlchen
09-07-2015, 11:07
Thank you Paul for your answer.
I think of buying the Logitech Driving Force GT.

Paul Swanepoel
09-07-2015, 11:44
Logitech Driving Force GT is a very good wheel at its price point - very good value for money.

Only possible issue is there is no clutch pedal, only gas and brake, but you could use auto clutch on most sims / games.
I had a DFGT myself and felt it was a quality device. I have since upgraded to a G27, because I wanted a clutch pedal.