PDA

View Full Version : The 2.0 Patch

cujo1985
06-07-2015, 21:00
Computer A.I are STILL stupidly fast on dry tires in the wet............haha these idiots can't do anything right.Even their patches are useless.

Umer Ahmad
06-07-2015, 21:09
Computer A.I are STILL stupidly fast on dry tires in the wet............haha these idiots can't do anything right.Even their patches are useless.
Warning, next time your account will be removed from here

KK78
06-07-2015, 21:45

Or you are really slow.

Just a thought.

cujo1985
06-07-2015, 21:52
Nope I'm not slow.Drove sensibly considering I was in dry tires in the wet.....yet Lloyd Edris in his BAC Mono can go and do normal dry laps times in a total down pour.

ElectricBlues85
06-07-2015, 22:13
I've just done an LMP2 race with weather change half way through. I was queuing behind AI to get in the pits 2 minutes after it started to rain. On my out lap I found cones strewn all over the track (not my doing) and an AI car stuck in the gravel. I don't think he found the slicks to be that useful...

AngelBrow
06-07-2015, 23:13
I could match the AI on slicks in wet in FC championship. I stayed out til the first AI pitted. The ones that didnt pit were struggeling like hell. This was with 1.4 patch. Yet to try weather changing in 2.0.

Pappa_Stig
06-07-2015, 23:36
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the people complaining about AI being too fast on slicks when it starts raining are just unable to drive well in those conditions. I have yet to try 2.0, but on 1.4 I never had a problem keeping up with the AI in the wet before we all came in to change tyres. Actually only once have I noticed an AI car keeping up with me in those conditions, usually I'm a little quicker than them (depending on circuit, we all have circuits we aren't great at).

A good thing to remember is to keep one eye on your tyre temps in changing conditions. The track will cool very quickly when it rains, and usually you'll be on your softest slick compound, which won't like a cool track. You'll have little grip when your tyres get really cold. All I do is try to really lean hard on the tyres in the corners as soon as the conditions start to turn, so I really force as much heat into the tyres as possible. A few times I even kept the throttle on for a second while braking a little earlier into a tight corner, just to force brake temps up a bit to try transfer some of that heat into the tyres.

It's one of those things where if you try to drive carefully, you won't be going quickly enough to keep your tyres in their operating window, and will end up having a lot less grip as a result.