PDA

View Full Version : Patch 2.0 on all formats ..... Whats the next Move ?

jason
07-07-2015, 02:08
Now that 2.0 has rolled out for pc and console as the title says what are we to expect next.

I assume work on the following patch started at the end of the pc patch........Graphics upgrades . e.g weather ? Tracks ? cars ? Pitcrew ? Flag system ? skid marks ? More damage ?

What would you like to see next?

loslogo
07-07-2015, 02:18
Still just want the game fixed.

Slowsley
07-07-2015, 02:25
Well, since you asked, I'm having great experiences with the sim and I'm hoping that some new features are close. Hopefully after 3 improvement patches people would be okay with a feature patch. With cars, a track, a livery pack, and hopefully some new customization features for races, I predict a good month here with pCARS.

CHEN255
07-07-2015, 03:57
I am ok with PCars features as they are, there are still plenty of glitchy things that the team can keep working on for future patches to keep making what is already a sublime game into something even better. i.e. I, along with many others, would love to see the replays optimised even more to get them looking really great. Because I don't use a wheel or go online I don't get to experience bugs with those features, but obviously there are loads of people that want those things sorted too.
SMS have done stellar work supporting this game, and have really delivered something quite special to us.
I also intend to keep purchasing every scrap of DLC that comes down the pipe to us, not only because I desire it, but to support SMS for their efforts.

Hodgy
07-07-2015, 04:20
Single screen rendering for triple screen setups would be lovely.

winet
07-07-2015, 04:21
I would like to have the ability to save multiple setups

FoxMulder
07-07-2015, 04:24
Online improvements (host kick, option to ghost (lapped) cars,etc), pit crew, penalty system overhaul (less slow down, more drivethrough), functioning flag system... plenty to do still

OperatorWay
07-07-2015, 04:28
I think the popularity & longevity of the Project CARS brand hinges on how easily & fairly people can play the game together (not just solo/offline) - so I think the very highest priority fixes & updates should be items that enable smoother multiplayer gaming for the kinds of fair competitions & club/league experiences that bring more people together in the game more frequently...

...Without more stable lobby conditions (connectivity, mystery penalties, pit stop bugs, crashing into invisible walls/bumps, being locked in bumper cam, etc.), a better penalty/flag system (including better track-cutting prevention), more lobby options/settings (especially the ability for hosts to kick troublesome players without a vote), and more club/league-related features, I think the entire online portion of the game may struggle to stay populated over the long-term.

Most individual parts of the game are incredible & demonstrate the outstanding work that the SMS team is capable of, but the glue that binds it all together often just doesn't seem to hold...

...The game looks amazing, sounds amazing, and once you get rolling, it usually drives amazing - but these brief stints of awesomeness are often interrupted by problems that can drag down the experience as a whole.

I didn't buy this game just to look at beautifully rendered cars & listen to high-fidelity engine sounds & marvel at expertly-modeled tire physics. I also bought this game to race, which can be difficult to do without encountering problems that interfere with racing.

I'm still very much looking forward to this game realizing its potential.

Brent G
07-07-2015, 04:37
As Chen says I'd just love to have the title tidied up, eradication of the career and mutiplayer problems would turn pCars into a total different game. A game free from frustration!

Cornflex
07-07-2015, 05:11
PCars is really amazing and the best racing simulator to date.

To make it even better I would love to see the following things in the game:

solo mode: please add an option to save between sessions
career mode: please add dynamic weather or at least randomize between seasons

Dutchmountains
07-07-2015, 06:01
Different weather in solo career.
Single player custom championship.

BCFCBristolRed
07-07-2015, 06:29
The weather system is a little annoying in career, I did the LMP1 championship for 4 seasons and ended up knowing exactly when the rain was coming at each specific race.

That being said though, for me at least, this is a very playable game, especially since 1.4. Only improvements maybe I'd like to see are a better weather and penalty system. The pit crew we know is coming anyway and anything else will be paid DLC which, yes, I will be buying! :)

EDIT: To explain, I mean how the weather is implemented, not the look or feel of it which I think is absolutely unreal!

Sp4mD4gger
07-07-2015, 07:16
I like to see the monthly cars and paid for DLC added to career mode, as long as they are combatable with exhisting careers as the game shipped.
Is this as really as difficult as it has been hinted in another subject?

ONT
07-07-2015, 07:29
I would love to see a 5 $ DLC licence system for MP for people interested in cleaner racing :cool:

Rookie, D, C, B, A License with safety and clean racing as the driving force for upgrading, and demotion to
lower licence if You do much wrecking.

And a MP setting that only permits the hosts licence class setting and above.

I would also like to see "Fixed car setting" as option in MP, where driver skill is the only factor, not car setup.

But obviously bug fixing first.

Cornflex
07-07-2015, 07:29
I like to see the monthly cars and paid for DLC added to career mode, as long as they are combatable with exhisting careers as the game shipped.
Is this as really as difficult as it has been hinted in another subject?

Yes, I agree. I don't even know what to do with the new cars as I do not use multiplayer mode.
I want to play solo races but as we are not able to save during race this is no option for me either. I cannot afford the time it takes to complete a race weekend.

bigsilverhotdog
07-07-2015, 09:40
Fix broken pit stops, fix incorrect and often random penalties, revamp or redesign the horribly inaccurate cut detection (e.g. right now Laguna Seca will penalize you for cutting the corkscrew for several different legitimate lines, even if all 4 wheels are nowhere near off the track), multiplayer engine sounds especially in external views or race monitor (STU-STU-STU-STU-STU-STU-STUTTER), implement a working and comprehensive replay feature, add more host control options for multiplayer, make dedicated server do something useful, revamp garage setup saving so you can save more than 1 setup per track (there's more than 1 weather condition and 1 time of day, so why is there only one garage setup slot per track?), and add Multiview rendering since, you know, you promised massive support for Surround gaming and VR devices but the game currently only renders a single viewport with numerous mistakes and omissions (telemetry stretching, hud elements hidden by bezel correction, etc).

Sankyo
07-07-2015, 10:45
Patching and improving will not stop after 2.0, and what's coming up in the next patch partially depends on with comes up after 2.0. I haven't seen any plan for the next patch, in case you start asking ;) I do know that the pit stops issue is high on the list.

FA RACING 01
07-07-2015, 10:55
Besides setting the new track limits which I know SMS is already busy with, no further issues. :)

Raven403
07-07-2015, 10:55
Patching and improving will not stop after 2.0, and what's coming up in the next patch partially depends on with comes up after 2.0. I haven't seen any plan for the next patch, in case you start asking ;) I do know that the pit stops issue is high on the list.

Please please please fix pit stops and multiplayer!

Pink_650S
07-07-2015, 10:57
My most anticipated feature would be reliable and fast pitstops, that dont force us to re-fuel when there's already enough fuel in the tank.

Disposable_Hero
07-07-2015, 10:57
I vote for pit crew return and FFB.

Pink_650S
07-07-2015, 10:58
Besides setting the new track limits which I know SMS is already busy with, no further issues. :)

Arent they pretty good at the moment?

FA RACING 01
07-07-2015, 11:22
Arent they pretty good at the moment?

Not yet for TT / Community events mate. I know Doug [SMS] very recently worked [ and still does] a lot on feedback from the community to prevent the way outside track routes some followed on TT's and to bring track limits more in line with their new suggested rule of "two wheels on kurb" for TT's. Also a few instances where track penalties were awarded on the tarmac for exceeding the track limits. The track limits for races would be more relaxed though. These changes will take some time to identify and implement.

Daffers
07-07-2015, 11:27
Random weather, or weather you can chose in career would be a huge improvement. It's getting repetitive now!
Also the grip on the grass of the ai should have been fixed..

Pr3t3nd3r
07-07-2015, 13:49
I would like to see another stonker patch and according to some posts it's gonna be :)

Keep it up guys! :D

N0body Of The Goat
07-07-2015, 14:18
Knight C3. ;)

KK78
07-07-2015, 14:23
My most anticipated fix would be some level of certainty that if I dare to go back to the Endurance Championship or Le Mans 24hr that my game won't wait an inordinate amount of time (usually around 2-4 hours) before throwing up and giving me the dreaded PSN Error screen.

After that please fix the achievements or make them more achieveable ;)

Johnny_91
07-07-2015, 14:24
Manual Pit Control. :rolleyes:

TRC GeorgiaDawg
07-07-2015, 14:57
Friends list filters for the leaderboards

Pr3t3nd3r
07-07-2015, 15:18
Ok this thread is becoming another "suggestions&wishlist" :D

LordDRIFT
07-07-2015, 15:23
Priority - Sort major glitches. Replay intermittent stutter I can live with, resetting of my car setup and game hanging on end session I can not.
Upgrade - Would love an indicator on the race calendar (or even page) to show if I've previously won an event. Right now I have to switch to my accolades and play egg hunt to see.

LordDRIFT
07-07-2015, 15:24
My most anticipated feature would be reliable and fast pitstops, that dont force us to re-fuel when there's already enough fuel in the tank.

Do you mean when you get called in for gas? If so Why don't you just ignore it?

Lawndarts
07-07-2015, 15:25
Ok this thread is becoming another "suggestions&wishlist" :D

Yeah, but its a bit more focused so far and could influence priority with SMS. Far more useful than a massive laundry list... 2.0 is finally a strong foundation with 2-4 key items still needed addressed globally like FFB, MP stability, etc. Now that many can see past the remaining bugs the real diamond in the rough is emerging and there is a hope that some polish items or simpler backlog features can be pulled forward.

Wishlists need to be revised anyway, for instance look at the car and track wishlist thread... After a few weeks every single car and track in the world has been mentioned over and over... Its just a receptical to keep those simpler requests from becoming threads.

FStarred
07-07-2015, 15:58
More setup to save for each track,
the ability to set a setup for race and one for qualifying,
IA improvements and
bug fixes whenever reported.

Pr3t3nd3r
07-07-2015, 16:24
Yeah, but its a bit more focused so far and could influence priority with SMS. Far more useful than a massive laundry list... 2.0 is finally a strong foundation with 2-4 key items still needed addressed globally like FFB, MP stability, etc. Now that many can see past the remaining bugs the real diamond in the rough is emerging and there is a hope that some polish items or simpler backlog features can be pulled forward.

Wishlists need to be revised anyway, for instance look at the car and track wishlist thread... After a few weeks every single car and track in the world has been mentioned over and over... Its just a receptical to keep those simpler requests from becoming threads.

I believe they already have a plan and list of "what to do" and what to include :D

Cholton82
07-07-2015, 16:26
I would like to see the Ai make more unforced mistakes (spinning out / locking brakes and running wide ) maybe even random breakdowns .
Maybe on Ps4 at least I would see some yellow flags as I havnt seen one yet !

LordDRIFT
07-07-2015, 17:14
I ve seen yellows

Machinist90
07-07-2015, 17:36
no patch on xbox here...thx microsoft,again,kinda sick of this to be honest I'm spending my time with R3E now

Ramshackle
07-07-2015, 19:11
I think the popularity & longevity of the Project CARS brand hinges on how easily & fairly people can play the game together (not just solo/offline) - so I think the very highest priority fixes & updates should be items that enable smoother multiplayer gaming for the kinds of fair competitions & club/league experiences that bring more people together in the game more frequently...

...Without more stable lobby conditions (connectivity, mystery penalties, pit stop bugs, crashing into invisible walls/bumps, being locked in bumper cam, etc.), a better penalty/flag system (including better track-cutting prevention), more lobby options/settings (especially the ability for hosts to kick troublesome players without a vote), and more club/league-related features, I think the entire online portion of the game may struggle to stay populated over the long-term.

Most individual parts of the game are incredible & demonstrate the outstanding work that the SMS team is capable of, but the glue that binds it all together often just doesn't seem to hold...

...The game looks amazing, sounds amazing, and once you get rolling, it usually drives amazing - but these brief stints of awesomeness are often interrupted by problems that can drag down the experience as a whole.

I didn't buy this game just to look at beautifully rendered cars & listen to high-fidelity engine sounds & marvel at expertly-modeled tire physics. I also bought this game to race, which can be difficult to do without encountering problems that interfere with racing.

I'm still very much looking forward to this game realizing its potential.

Very well said. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that multiplayer is the main focus of attention next. It has such great potential, but it's borderline unplayable for me in its current form.

RIZzZ_5
07-07-2015, 19:50
Definitely online fixes. Stop false starts, track cutting needs to stop, collision penalties, and being able to vote people out of a room. I would also take new tracks over new cars.

OperatorWay
07-07-2015, 20:08
Free camera (http://twitter.com/bceccledrone) in photo mode FTW! :)

http://www.omgcoolgadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/flying-camera-drone.jpg

HILLBILLY GAMING
08-07-2015, 05:41
Multiplayer does still need some tweaking,but everything else is come a long way since the game originally came out.

icebear
08-07-2015, 06:44
sometimes, i imagine the budget/time allowed of this game like this
30% graphics, 30% physics, 30% cars &tracks, 5% for multiplayer and interface, 5% for everything else
i know nothing about about game dev, take it as a joke, especially you, watchdogs wmd members ;)

so i hope for a raise of the multiplayer and interface budget ;)

a better multiplayer experience with a better choice of races and a more fair driving (ramming especially should be a punishment for the rammer)

possibility of multi setups and taking into account than setups are nothing fun for some people (so, being able to use setups of people ok to give theirs, or good enough automatic setup for hot laping, endurance, etc).

and finally, a more logic and friendly interface, especially when trying to choose a car/livery or a better replay (raceroom replay seems a good example)

so as someone else said in another topic, the rough diamond could shine like it should ;)

Machinist90
08-07-2015, 07:51
sometimes, i imagine the budget/time allowed of this game like this
30% graphics, 30% physics, 30% cars &tracks, 5% for multiplayer and interface, 5% for everything else
i know nothing about about game dev, take it as a joke, especially you, watchdogs wmd members ;)

so i hope for a raise of the multiplayer and interface budget ;)

a better multiplayer experience with a better choice of races and a more fair driving (ramming especially should be a punishment for the rammer)

possibility of multi setups and taking into account than setups are nothing fun for some people (so, being able to use setups of people ok to give theirs, or good enough automatic setup for hot laping, endurance, etc).

and finally, a more logic and friendly interface, especially when trying to choose a car/livery or a better replay (raceroom replay seems a good example)

so as someone else said in another topic, the rough diamond could shine like it should ;)

raceroom replays have to be one of the best ones out there

hummock
08-07-2015, 14:38
Aside from the two most annoying bugs still present(Drive button grayed out and car sounds cutting in and out from other drivers), I would like to see a way to enter a lobby and then simply monitor the race with a multitude of camera angles. It would also be nice to see more lap time information for me and other drivers.

MABlosfeld
08-07-2015, 15:15
PIT STOP:
I have created multiple profiles changing tires for BMW Z4 and ZOLDER track
most of the time I want to use the current profile
enter the PIT STOP to change tires
select the current profile but difinições do not match
maybe I'm doing something wrong but I would like to use properly resource PIT STOP

IA:
I want to see IA missing and receiving punishments, reduce speed, skidding, suffering damages and penalties.
IA cuts way, walk off the track, bumps and nothing happens

MP:
ONLINE races have much confusion and no play
It is a social problem not the game
I do not know how to solve this issue
maybe create a HARDCORE FILTER is the solution, maybe.

Lawndarts
08-07-2015, 15:34
This kind of thread is a good oprotunity for SMS to talk more about the enhancements that are planned along side the remaining bugs. Previous to 2.0 there was a lot of flack, it was hard for many to see past the bugs, now after 2.0 the game is in much better shape and I'm curious what's coming on the feature front.

imz14u2nv
11-07-2015, 14:15
This kind of thread is a good oprotunity for SMS to talk more about the enhancements that are planned along side the remaining bugs. Previous to 2.0 there was a lot of flack, it was hard for many to see past the bugs, now after 2.0 the game is in much better shape and I'm curious what's coming on the feature front.

I have to assume you are speaking for PC users as I am on PS4 and I can say that there are lots of issues on consoles still after the 2.0 patch.
When I read your post it seems so misleading to me, there are still all kinds of really strange issues like invisible objects on the track, levitating cars and of course the Jittery/Jerky/Stuttering replays remain and I can say that there are lots of other issues still really broken.

Obviously SMS has lots of work to do still and this applies to both online and offline.

I will say that they covered a lot of things in patches 1.4 and 2.0, but there is so much that needs to be fixed that take away from the intended experience.

Rambo_Commando
11-07-2015, 16:34
I'm glad that SMS has the pit sequence as top priority. Fixing pit stops will add a new dimension to MP. Also I would like a corners only driving line.

seek
11-07-2015, 17:25
Well, I'm happy with 2.0... bumped up my FPS a little... Now on the 29th hoping Windows 10 will do the same... My lappy isn't so fast as you can see.

Machinist90
19-07-2015, 18:54
hoping to see pitcrew soon in upcoming patch

Brian Coombes
19-07-2015, 19:20
To be able to disable driving line and car reset in MP lobbies. As project cars is a sim so should have all options available.

Olijke Poffer
19-07-2015, 19:31
To be able to disable driving line and car reset in MP lobbies. As project cars is a sim so should have all options available.

I don't understand why people use a driving line in the first place. ;)

SphereOfChaos
19-07-2015, 19:36
PLEASE do not ask about more car damage guys/gals. This has been gone over many times: The damage model is a per-car issue where the manufacturer has the say in how much damage a car can receive. Would you want to see your car crushed like a soda can under-foot if you were a manufacturer wanting your car to be as safe as possible? Just buy Next Car Game: Wreckfest. That has plenty of damage. Do we want a driving simulator or a carnage simulator? ;)

Rofas
19-07-2015, 20:04
This has been gone over many times: The damage model is a per-car issue where the manufacturer has the say in how much damage a car can receive.

Formula B disapproves.

SphereOfChaos
19-07-2015, 21:38
Formula B disapproves.

Very true - Forgot about SMS-produced cars. My bad. :o

Rambo_Commando
19-07-2015, 22:28
I don't understand why people use a driving line in the first place. ;)

I can only speak for myself, but I use the driving line to get familiar with most of the tracks then turn it off. One of the things I like most about Pcars is all the tracks you can race on that you normally won't see here in a North American racing game. To be honest, aside from Silverstone, I would have never thought the UK would have such amazing and fun tracks to drive. PCars = Motorsport culture

flyoffacliff
19-07-2015, 22:40
See car and track details without selecting each.

Brian Coombes
19-07-2015, 23:20
I can only speak for myself, but I use the driving line to get familiar with most of the tracks then turn it off. One of the things I like most about Pcars is all the tracks you can race on that you normally won't see here in a North American racing game. To be honest, aside from Silverstone, I would have never thought the UK would have such amazing and fun tracks to drive. PCars = Motorsport culture

I personally never use the driving line even when learning a new track, but if someone feels more comfortable using the line thats fine with me, but if I make a lobby I like it to be a level playing field, as the line can give a slight advantage in heavy rain or night races, as they can see there braking points a lot better at the likes of the ring and le mans.

and yes mate we have many great tracks here in the uk