PDA

View Full Version : F1 2015 OUT ON 10TH JULY

Pages : [1] 2

little fella
07-07-2015, 05:07
Cant wait for this release this Friday.
Not bought one since f1 2012 on 360 so looking for major improvements.
Anyone else a day one buyer?

jason
07-07-2015, 05:09
I'm in , I also have not bought since 2012 .....

looking forward to it , I just hope the physics are better then previous irritations. I think the graphics engine will be very nice.

Neil Hopwood
07-07-2015, 05:14
Not I.

The series seems to have gotten progressively worse as its gone on. Which sucks cause I like F1.

jason
07-07-2015, 05:22
Not I.

The series seems to have gotten progressively worse as its gone on. Which sucks cause I like F1.

I completely agree with you ......... But I'm willing to give codies another shot as I think they are on the right path with Dirt Rally and maybe F1 .

Neil Hopwood
07-07-2015, 05:26
I completely agree with you ......... But I'm willing to give codies another shot as I think they are on the right path with Dirt Rally and maybe F1 .

I'd be more inclined if Dirt: Rally actually worked on my machine. Initially my G27 wouldn't work worth a damn. Constant cutting out and jittery steering animations. It was unplayable.

Last patch fixed that, but I can't get for than 10fps even on the absolute lowest settings.

jason
07-07-2015, 05:34
It will be fine when they bring it to my underrated PS4 :)

Olijke Poffer
07-07-2015, 05:43
For me it will be a no go. The looks are not very attractive to me. It is like a cartoon with flat dull colours. The game must be very good to make me buy it.

xautos
07-07-2015, 05:59
played 2010 a few years ago, played it a few times and not looked back since, a waste of money it was. so if f1 2015 is a similar thing, window dressing on a theme, i got no interest in buying it. and even if i were interested, i would rather wait for a few weeks and find out the reactions anyway.

ChrisK
07-07-2015, 06:43
I'm in fo shoooo

BuFuScott
07-07-2015, 08:09
Yep had it on pre-order for a while now and can't wait. :cool:

kilotango
07-07-2015, 08:40
ive actually pre-ordered the XBOX one version from the US store, so that only get released on the 21st of July :(

do post up your comments once you've had a go with the UK release!

Robbo-92
07-07-2015, 08:57
I've been a big fan of the F1 series over the years with my experiences of the games ranging quite a bit, from loving 2010 to despising 2014 (found 2011/13 ok and 2012 pretty poor) and this will mark the first time I'm not buying the latest F1 game at launch but instead I will await user reviews of the game and wait for it to decrease in price before buying.

The biggest negative about the 2015 game is just a lack of progression in the single player mode. Unlike some people on other forums playing as a current driver instead of myself doesn't bother me but the lack of progression does, I was hoping Codemasters would have implemented the tier system alongside numerous championship seasons so you could (if you wanted to) take McLaren from the back of the grid to the front over a few seasons. Instead we can just play the exact same season as different drivers in their respective cars.

So yes I will get it, just not at launch. Maybe a few weeks after if reviews are good :)

Rambo_Commando
07-07-2015, 09:36
I'll wait for the reviews to come out first

KK78
07-07-2015, 10:30
I'll wait for reviews but from what I've seen so far it's likely a no at this stage. The videos I have watched of gameplay have left me a bit 'meh', same bland and boring gameplay from Codies and the F1 licence- those I played on the 360 were just a pretty front end but no depth or immersion. I'd much sooner go for Dirt Rally if early views are anything to go by. I can play Formula a, B and C in the meantime on PCars!

TrevorAustin
07-07-2015, 11:35
My first game coming back to PC gaming a few months ago was F1 2014, what an awful game, felt like the cars were driving on top of the track on a trolley. So not even going to look at it.

Robbo-92
07-07-2015, 11:52
My first game coming back to PC gaming a few months ago was F1 2014, what an awful game, felt like the cars were driving on top of the track on a trolley. So not even going to look at it.

2014 was possibly the worst game they released, a shame that was your first foray into Codematsers F1 series. Oddly enough I still think 2010 was their best attempt.

EMW Grogan
07-07-2015, 12:36
I'll wait for the reviews to come out first

Thats good advice with any game these days.

Pre order should go away and die in a cold dark corner on its own.

cwinnbari
08-07-2015, 02:17
2014 was possibly the worst game they released, a shame that was your first foray into Codematsers F1 series. Oddly enough I still think 2010 was their best attempt.

I liked the idea of the career mode in 2010 but I felt 2012 drove a little more fair.

I'm going to wait for reviews or a big sale. I kinda bought PCars with the intent of not needed a specific F1 sim, but ya never know...

jason
08-07-2015, 02:35
Thats good advice with any game these days.

Pre order should go away and die in a cold dark corner on its own.

I agree to this after the last 2 driving games for my ps4 have turned out , one was driveclub and the other welllll.

yusupov
08-07-2015, 02:53
pretty sure it doesnt release in the US for another week or two so ill likely try it first, otherwise i would be. if i can unlock w/ vpn i might anyway.

not really ambivalent about the title, im more excited for it than anything since...witcher 3 probably, though no idea if itll be any good. just have a lot of expenses (want to fund reiza to a chunk a little more than i should, plus will prob go in on pcars2, plus w/e other games catch my attn this july) & no income at present so i may end up waiting till US release or later to buy.

i do def appreciate theyre doing preorder the right way (discount instead of exclusive content), would like to encourage that. i cant say my hopes are high but i do hope to be surprised, & i do at least expect something a LITTLE different than the samey mediocrity it has been.

OperatorWay
08-07-2015, 03:01
Might want to keep an eye on the CodeMasters F1 forum (http://forums.codemasters.com/categories/f1-games-general-discussion) for feedback from actual enthusiasts (not media reviewers who don't know much about motorsport games/sims).

Robbo-92
08-07-2015, 09:29
Might want to keep an eye on the CodeMasters F1 forum (http://forums.codemasters.com/categories/f1-games-general-discussion) for feedback from actual enthusiasts (not media reviewers who don't know much about motorsport games/sims).

I've been lurking over there plenty enough anyway! Can't believe some people have got the game already though but it's good for undecided people like me who are waiting on users opinions of the game before purchasing myself.

m355y
08-07-2015, 10:08
Getting a sinking feeling reading their forum, it doesn't sound like its up to much.

xautos
08-07-2015, 10:37

i got by steam if its there or amazon. but yes i always look around before i buy, research is important.

Machinist90
08-07-2015, 10:41
it's their first current gen title so fingers crossed but I'm probably getting it day one

ElectricBlues85
08-07-2015, 11:33
The forum doesn't make for great reading. I think I'll wait and see if it's improved with patches and/or DLC before I take the plunge.

girlracerTracey
08-07-2015, 12:45
The forum doesn't make for great reading..

Well F1 2015 together with motogp15 and Project CARS are my promised (to myself) titles of 2015. So for better or worse I will have my grubby mitts on a copy for the PS4 first thing tomorrow morning..a day before the official release date.

What I like about the F1 series is that whilst it may not have the most in depth simulation physics on the consoles (not compared to Project CARS) it does tend to provide close & competitive racing against real life human opponents online..which for me is what it is all about. All I really need personally in addition to that is the ability to "hot-lap" with a lap timer clock. So I am really hoping that the physics modelling in F1 2015 has been made slightly more challenging than previous iterations in the series. If Codemasters have achieved that goal in the physics engine of the game then I will be quite happy with it I think. I can understand why those who enjoy the single player career & championship modes are raising the alarm however..I think it will be thin on content in that respect from what I am reading on the Codemasters' forums.

What I am disappointed in however is that Codemasters are not returning to the classic F1 content that graced the F1 2013 game. That, for me, really is a shame. Some of my best races on the F1 series have been against talented and considerately minded friends (who do not ram you off the track in the heat of battle..) on the 1980s & 1990s F1 cars on the classic F1 tracks in the F1 2013 edition. I mean really captivating online battles through weather changes and on drying tracks. That aspect of F1 2013 was great fun I think and very engrossing. So yes for me the physics have always been a bit of a compromise but the online play at times has been excellent. I guess you throw a physics model at experienced online racers and they will take it to the "limit" in online competition no matter what. Stick one of these guys on Assetto Corsa or Rfactor and they will win on that also..just at a different level & depth of physics. That's my theory (to an extent) anyway. Racers are racers. This is my experience of racing against the "aliens" on motogp by Milestone also which in terms of the depth/authenticity of its physics has arguably a parallel of sorts to the Codemasters' F1 series i.e. these are not "sim" titles but make for extremely competitive online racing. That's my take anyway. But the Assetto Corsa pure racing "sim" brigade with their expensive peripherals complete with genuine leather trim will most likely turn their noses up at the F1 title..for arguably understandable reasons. Horses for courses and all that.

So anyway I do not expect F1 2015 to rival Project CARS but I do expect to have some fun online & time trialing on it.

But I want the classic F1 tracks in the game and they won't be there..

Turn all the assists of in F1 2013 though and with a decent game-pad (not the xbox 360 pad as it didn't mix very well for me with the modern F1 cars) and you can still have a lot of fun. I am hoping for the same with F1 2105 with more advanced physics. Fingers crossed. I'll find out tomorrow morning I guess..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs_NKyTusDI

Rfactor or Project CARS it is not though I strongly suspect.

grT

P.S. when I go for a curry at a new restaurant (for me) I base my decision on the recommendation of a few trusted fellow curry "nuts" not an online restaurant guide..so for me I will judge the game on its true merits and not the advanced opinion of ppl I do not know or trust on the Codemasters' forums. No disrespect intended to those posting there but I would rather judge this one for myself. If it's not up to standard I will simply sell it on via Ebay. I think it should for my requirements be o.k. though..

BulletEyeDK
08-07-2015, 13:46
Just a heads up for those still thinking about a F1 2015 purchase...

Some people have allready got the game early, and are reporting in on the F1 Forum @ codemasters

- No safety car
- Q1, Q2, and Q3 only possible when doing 100% races
- Now possible to follow other racers around track (confirmed for qual.)
- No career
- No co-op
- Pretty poor damage model
- AI better than in former F1 games from CM
- Several bugs (People talkning about a possible pacth on day1) - still Codemasters have a pretty blatent history of patching their games, so this is unsure.

3 options for racing:
- Short (15 min. practice, one shot qual., 25% race)
- Normal (30 min. practice, short qual., 50% race)
- Long (60 min practise, full qual., 100% race)

m355y
08-07-2015, 13:53
I really hope this is a step up on a par with F1 2001 - anyone remember that? The PS2 version was a horrible, glitchy, bugged piece of rubbish, but also happened to be about a million times better than any old gen F1 sim (possibly apart from F1 World GP 2 on the Dreamcast), so you could forgive it.

These days it seems so much easier to release patches, and hopefully Codemasters actually do this time.

If the core experience isn't massively better than the PS3 series though, they can do one, it sounds atrocious.

girlracerTracey
08-07-2015, 14:41
I've been reading through the threads on the Codemasters' forums and no one seems to be providing any feedback on the physics modelling of the cars..at least I can't find any posts talking about this from those who already have the game and are streaming the game. Isn't the physics modelling one of the most important aspects of the game? A little bit strange to me that no one is offering an opinion on this yet amongst those already playing the game..

I also share certain concerns over what I am reading on the forums. Lack of options etc. in offline/online game-play. Biggest challenge reading between the lines has been the transition to next generation consoles and optimising their new game engine. Quite a big jump for many developers I think particularly to xbox one for reasons widely acknowledged amongst us now.

I still play F1 2001 now & again on my father's old pc plus F1 2002 with modded physics and F1 Challenge 99-02. Still great games in my book. I enjoy retro gaming quite a lot. There are some brilliant aging simulation racing games out there that's for sure.

Will be interesting to take it (F1 2015) for a spin tomorrow having read all this stuff in the lead-up to official release date on Friday.

grT

chig88
08-07-2015, 15:05
I usually buy the game on release day & take the day off work to play it. Not going to be suckered in to that again this year.

The fact that I'm enjoying Project CARS so much, and the unreal amount of features Codemasters have stripped from their game, means I'll be waiting for the reviews or possibly not buying it at all.

I really hope someone else gets the F1 licence when Codemasters contract expires next year. They're going backwards so quickly it's like they're falling down a flight of stairs. Which sucks because I love F1 and the games showed real promise initially. :(

Robbo-92
08-07-2015, 15:36
When 2014 came out I was sat there thinking 2015 was really make or break for Codemasters keeping the F1 licence for future years and from the sounds of it 2015 isn't going to set the charts alight, saying that Codemasters don't help themselves, they always say "we are looking into that for next year" but they've been saying this most years and the games seem to have more features taken out. Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy the game and probably enjoy it but I'm waiting to hear what's going to be included in patches and for the price to drop a bit, £40 for this sounds a bit too much in my opinion.

MrFlibble81
08-07-2015, 16:21
When 2014 came out I was sat there thinking 2015 was really make or break for Codemasters keeping the F1 licence for future years and from the sounds of it 2015 isn't going to set the charts alight, saying that Codemasters don't help themselves, they always say "we are looking into that for next year" but they've been saying this most years and the games seem to have more features taken out. Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy the game and probably enjoy it but I'm waiting to hear what's going to be included in patches and for the price to drop a bit, £40 for this sounds a bit too much in my opinion.

They have no competition for that particular game and license so they don't really need to try. I mean if you want to race F1 and have an "authentic" F1 experience, what other choice do you have really?

I haven't bought an F1 game since F1 2012 which was epically crap. 2010 was the best one they did. I'm going to stick to Project CARS for my racing fix. And if I need to race F1 cars, I'll race Formula A.

Also, I'd love to pay 40 for a game. Over here they cost 60 plus tax! Ends up being a lot of money!

FoxMulder
08-07-2015, 16:27
£40 equals $62

Robbo-92
08-07-2015, 16:29
Depends how much tax you pay! £40 is $62 but that includes VAT in the UK, still a fair amount of money for a potentially poor game though.

I'd like the idea of two studios both having an official licence as this would lead to better quality games but I imagine FOM like to keep any official games down to a minimum so they can control what is in the games to a degree. Like yourself I found 2010 to be their best effort thus far as well.

MrFlibble81
08-07-2015, 16:30
£40 equals $62

Yes if you're doing an exchange rate. But that's not how the value of money works. It's relative. Me taking $60 of my hard earned money and speding that on a game is just like you taking 60 of your hard earned pounds and spending it on a game.

A dollar is a dollar the same as a pound is a pound, it's just the pound to you is worth more dollars than a dollar.

John Hargreaves
08-07-2015, 16:47
I've bought the full set, F1 2010-15, and while they have never been great games, I've also not had any major regrets either. Here's hoping 2015 will be good, I'm an eternal optimist.

Robbo-92
08-07-2015, 17:00
Presume you will be getting F1 2015 on Friday then? If so let us know what it's like, I really want it to be good but I'm worried it'll turn out like the others, a decent yet underwhelming racing game. According to a poster on the Codemasters forums there is indeed a patch which has already gone live including the 2015 cars/liveries.

John Hargreaves
08-07-2015, 17:25
Presume you will be getting F1 2015 on Friday then? If so let us know what it's like, I really want it to be good but I'm worried it'll turn out like the others, a decent yet underwhelming racing game. According to a poster on the Codemasters forums there is indeed a patch which has already gone live including the 2015 cars/liveries.

Yeah, had it pre ordered for a while, on hols this week though, but I'll be happy to post thoughts as soon as I get chance

FoxMulder
08-07-2015, 17:29
Yeah, had it pre ordered for a while, on hols this week though, but I'll be happy to post thoughts as soon as I get chance

Please do. And could you upload a vid of a pit stop please? I'd love to see how that is implemented and looks. Cheers.

Robbo-92
08-07-2015, 17:36

I'm on holiday as well, main reason I haven't blindly pre ordered this year, gives me a good opertunity to actually read some proper thoughts on it before buying, look forward to what you make of this years game.

Steam
08-07-2015, 18:27
Is this game broken?

http://i.gyazo.com/41d6fc0222a339c8dadbb0b966f5d934.png

Voxen
08-07-2015, 20:29
I got it today for PS4. It's the first CM F1 game I purchase so I can't compare with previous ones.
First impression has been very bad, there is almost nothing you can tweak in this game. You can't even hide hud or drivers names, very bad immersion wise. The engine sounds are horrible but it's real F1 sounds so not Codemasters fault. The graphics are on par with pCars but a little bit more blurry. The driving experience is ok but I much prefer pCars Formula A. Physics seems pretty good and IA is much better than in pCars pre-patch 2.0. Now if you are a F1 fan the game is worth having but to me pCars is a much better simulation.

LADY GEMMA JANE
08-07-2015, 20:34
I will buy it

falm
08-07-2015, 21:55
Bought 2012 on PS3. As far as press coverage is going physics (car handling) has improved with 2015. Due to lack of time I have no plan to buy the new Version in the near future (next few month). There is still so much to do in PCars and gaming time is so limited...

Racer Pro
09-07-2015, 01:11
Project cars look way better than F1 2015

yusupov
09-07-2015, 01:18
i would love to see classic tracks + cars like in f1 2013 but since im an F1 head & its not happening, for 'only' $50 if they can get good ffb & believable physics ill likely be a day 1 customer...but tbh i dont trust them to do that. if its more just-enough-to-get-by everything, i may pass on buying it. shocked to hear myself saying that as i figured i wouldve preordered by now but like i said id rather crowdfund reiza & get in on pCARS2

girlracerTracey
09-07-2015, 04:52
Thought this might be of some interest to people..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tlhe5ZwVlY
(I think you can safely say that the graphics in Project CARS are superior to those in F1 2015..)

grT

jason
09-07-2015, 04:57
Graphics look nice to me .

ChrisK
09-07-2015, 07:30
It does look a little flat but certainly nothing to be shocked about. Im more keen on how it drives though. I'm happy to sacrifice a lot in prettiness to get a working game.

jgaganas
09-07-2015, 08:41
No career mode, is that true? My last F1 game was 2013, so I'm interested to give 2015 another shot.

girlracerTracey
09-07-2015, 08:42
Well F1 2015 dropped through my letterbox this morning..I am playing it on my PS4 as I type, just paused the game.

My initial first blush impression? Well to be brutal I actually prefer F1 2013 & F1 2014 in terms of the physics..I don't know if it is just me but the cars feel somewhat "lame" to me if I am honest. Sort of under-powered and a little uninspiring. Not the "handful" I was hoping for with all assists turned off. If anything they seem easier to drive than in F1 2014. So a little disappointed by the physics. Incidentally I deliberately played F1 2013 & F1 2014 last night to acclimatise to the F1 series, so it is not a case of me coming straight over from Project CARS and being used to the physics of Project CARS..

Graphics seem pretty second rate tbh and slightly bland and that's on PS4 not xbox one..

Initial verdict? I think the Formula A cars in Project CARS are infinitely more challenging and fun to drive. If this is the direction Codemasters are heading in I think a certain Mr Bell and his software development company should perhaps be awarded the F1 licence next year?

Just my opinion and I do plan to persevere with it this morning. Maybe it will grow on me?

It just sort of reminds me how fantastic Project CARS is to be open & honest about this.

grT
P.S. using my Thrustmaster GPX Lightback controller and do not feel particularly stretched in doing so..no desperate urge to plug my T80 wheel in to try to deal with the supposedly more challenging physics in the game this year.

girlracerTracey
09-07-2015, 08:49
..oh and the AI have shunted me up the rear a few times which was never a problem in F1 2010, F1 2012, F1 2013 or F1 2014. A bit unexpected and somewhat strange t.b.h. as I'm not loitering around going into corners.

Robbo-92
09-07-2015, 08:59
No career mode, is that true? My last F1 game was 2013, so I'm interested to give 2015 another shot.

Nope, no career in this years game :( instead we have a championship season mode where you select a current driver and complete the 2015 season as that driver, when you've finished you do the 2015 season again either as the same or different driver. There is a pro season mode which is essentially the same as the championship mode but the pro season locks you to cockpit view, with all aids off and 100% races (presume legend AI as well). This means no progression like in the games between 2010/12 where a team could change tiers depending on their finishing position in he WCC the previous season.

Thanks for your initial thoughts on the game as well grT, really doesn't sound overly promising. How's the AI? I've heard they have been improved quite a bit this year, how is it playing with a pad? If I get it I'll have to use a pad as I'm not planning on buying a new wheel any time soon. What modes have you sampled? Have you seen if there is a safety car yet?

Racer Pro
09-07-2015, 09:02
Thought this might be of some interest to people..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tlhe5ZwVlY
(I think you can safely say that the graphics in Project CARS are superior to those in F1 2015..)

grTproject cars look way better

RTA nOsKiLlS
09-07-2015, 09:07
LOL, Im so not surprised. Has you save game corrupted yet? It will do in about 3-4 days.

No career mode is great, most people buy for multiplayer anyway. (Apart from the 5 people in the world who play with a keyboard and don't play online....EVER)
Corner cutting should be very possible on certain sections, as its codemasters. Yas marina, there will be a big cut possible.

Dont waste your money people. Its a Codemasters game. Its broken!

girlracerTracey
09-07-2015, 09:20
Nope, no career in this years game :( instead we have a championship season mode where you select a current driver and complete the 2015 season as that driver, when you've finished you do the 2015 season again either as the same or different driver. There is a pro season mode which is essentially the same as the championship mode but the pro season locks you to cockpit view, with all aids off and 100% races (presume legend AI as well). This means no progression like in the games between 2010/12 where a team could change tiers depending on their finishing position in he WCC the previous season.

Thanks for your initial thoughts on the game as well grT, really doesn't sound overly promising. How's the AI? I've heard they have been improved quite a bit this year, how is it playing with a pad? If I get it I'll have to use a pad as I'm not planning on buying a new wheel any time soon. What modes have you sampled? Have you seen if there is a safety car yet?

All I've managed to do so far is three QUICK RACES at Silverstone, Hungaroring & Spa Francorchamps and a TIME TRIAL at Spa Francorchamps..all assists off and on cockpit view.

As I say to me it just feels a little bit lame..I enjoyed my races and TT on F1 2013 & F1 2014 last night but this is not really doing it for me. At least not yet anyway.. You will easily be able to drive this at full race speed with a controller in my estimation. Graphics look "cartoonish" to me even compared to F1 2013 etc. on last generation. Sound is a bit dull also. God I sound awful don't I? Just being honest though..

I won't say anything more as don't want to put a "downer" on this if it is just me being a bit weird and not gelling with it properly. I have to go out now anyway.

Feel someone else should also post their impressions of the game before I do it any further disservice perhaps?

grT

beezley
09-07-2015, 09:35
All I've managed to do so far is three QUICK RACES at Silverstone, Hungaroring & Spa Francorchamps and a TIME TRIAL at Spa Francorchamps..all assists off and on cockpit view.

As I say to me it just feels a little bit lame..I enjoyed my races and TT on F1 2013 & F1 2014 last night but this is not really doing it for me. At least not yet anyway.. You will easily be able to drive this at full race speed with a controller in my estimation. Graphics look "cartoonish" to me even compared to F1 2013 etc. on last generation. Sound is a bit dull also. God I sound awful don't I? Just being honest though..

I won't say anything more as don't want to put a "downer" on this if it is just me being a bit weird and not gelling with it properly. I have to go out now anyway.

Feel someone else should also post their impressions of the game before I do it any further disservice perhaps?

grT

everyone's entitled to their own opinion, just don't go over to the Codemasters forum saying those things as you might bump into another Ian Bell :p

Ian Bell
09-07-2015, 09:39
everyone's entitled to their own opinion, just don't go over to the Codemasters forum saying those things as you might bump into another Ian Bell :p

No one stating the above about our game, in that way, would have any problems here. In fact, there are threads here today saying negative things about our work.

I know this was probably a joke.

beezley
09-07-2015, 09:42
I know this was probably a joke.

correct :cool:

FMS
09-07-2015, 10:09
Yeah, I was going to puuurchase, but I don't reckon I'll bother after reading some stuff here; besides, I've only just scratched the surface with pCARS really.

birel
09-07-2015, 10:09
I won't be buying it. it looks washed out and bland, a few years ago it was a great game, like forza was a great game. don't no what happened after Forza 2 though!

Project cars is here, LONG LIVE PROJECT CARS!!!

This game is getting better and better now, its getting smoother and now the wreckers have mostly traded there game in, multiplayer is getting more and more enjoyable with quality racing. Just a shame on the lobbies for finding the races I want.

It seriously is becoming an awesome game!

girlracerTracey
09-07-2015, 10:12
It's better with a steering wheel & pedals plugged in..I am now getting some "feel" and reactions from the car. It's almost as though they've overdone the non-accessible gamepad "assist" in the game to me..

So slightly happier now but not running around in the street naked sort of "happy" if you get my meaning..?

grT :onthego:

Robbo-92
09-07-2015, 10:13
I welcome your opinion grT, the more the better in my opinion :) as for the AI rear ending you I found that to be a problem in 2014, the amount of times they went to overtake but instead lost their front wing even though I stuck to the racing line was shocking. Just put of interest has the patch gone live?

Edit to your post above grT, so the inbuilt assists were never sorted after 2014? No steering assist to turn off on the pad?

girlracerTracey
09-07-2015, 10:17
Just put of interest has the patch gone live?

Yes when I first started the game I was prompted to download and install the patch update. It wasn't very big though. Just 700 MB I think. So I think I am running the updated day 1 version.

grT

yusupov
09-07-2015, 10:21
thanks a bunch for the info grT, i really had been hoping this one would be different (and no, i dont do that every year, but w/ the supposed overhaul for next-gen systems...). will still give it a try for myself but youve definitely helped further discourage me from doing anything rash today :)

m355y
09-07-2015, 10:31
I tried F1 2014 again the other day and don't think it was THAT bad, it was just too easy to handle the cars and that took away a lot of the challenge. People tend to slate 2012 - but I quite liked the fact that one wrong move and you were sliding towards the barriers. I thought 2012 was pretty well tuned in terms of being difficult and quite stable in terms of bugs etc. I'd rank them:

2011 (too arcadey)
2014 (beige)

Um, but by the sound of it 2015 is going straight in at the bottom of the list. If its as poor as its sounding, I'm properly gutted. I couldn't wait for a new game, new engine on the new gen of consoles, couldn't wait. This sinking feeling about it reminds me of how I felt looking at the previews for f1'98, the gradual realisation that it WAS indeed as shite as it looked.

Machinist90
09-07-2015, 10:42
looks fine to me,if the handling is good I don't think I'll use formula A on project cars again,but that was never my priority anyway,pcars is for my endurance/multiclass hunger and old school F1 but for modern F1 I need the official cars and circuits

KkDrummer
09-07-2015, 10:46
after having played them all...no thanks...in fact, keep any CM racing games away from me....

ports
09-07-2015, 10:46
I follow F1 with a passion i've also brought every F1 game for console, i was looking forward to this game all year my cousin got the game yesterday so i went round to his this morning and played it for couple of hours with him day 1 patch installed all i can say is i will not be wasting my money it is sh!te , I'm so happy project cars is here its the only game i need to keep a racing smile on my face.

Marrrfooo
09-07-2015, 10:49
Agree with large parts of what you're saying - there are some caveats for me though. Lol. What a way to preload my post...! :P

Again this is my opinion - I'm not shouting anyone down or attempting to disprove - just trying to provide an additional opinion as my copy also landed early yesterday. I skipped the last iteration as I’d gone to PS4 already but prior to that was a serial player in the series.

GRAPHICS
Generally fine. A little washed out in distances but nothing you notice when doing 150mph+. The lighting isn’t as sharp as PCARS – but again that’s the way Codies roll. It’s not a problem or anything like that, but I doubt you’ll get the wonderful sunsets you get in PCARS (I’ve not done Abu Dhabi yet).

The wet weather, in some ways, actually outstrips PCARS. The clear dry line that the wet tyres leaves behind is quite visible and visible for a good period of time. Additionally the spray effects are much more sizable. This actually makes the wet racing really nice.

The full liveries are in and everything otherwise looks lovely and runs quite smoothly. I’ve done a run at Silverstone (dry) and the 60 fps was constant. I did a run at Canada and there were one or two moments where approaching the extremes of the circuit/walls the FPS dropped a little. This is in part due to the presence of the classic leaves that litter the extremes of the circuit there (a nice addition) but I think the animation of those being disturbed by cars is somewhat snagging the FPS a touch in one or two corners there. I don’t think it’s a widespread issue but need to try more circuits – but certainly Silverstone was fine.

PHYSICS
These seem relatively fine. Although I will say that out of the box the FFB is set to 50% and that’s too weak – so you need to adjust that before you play and have a test with it. I’ve got mine around 80% and it’s pretty good. It’s very easy and almost resistance-free when turning the wheel any less than about 40 degrees at speed – which I think is somewhat reflective of F1 cars (i.e. being heavy handed at low speeds and when making full turns into corners but relatively light at other times). The sensation of grip loss isn’t as subtle/reliable as PCARS – I find myself largely living on sudden peaks in engine note to detect loss of traction under acceleration. I must caveat that this is the first time using a wheel on F1 games for me (as a recent T300RS purchase for PCARS alone proves).

Another thing for me that needed tweaking out of the box was the brakes. There are scales for linearity on both the accelerator and brake – but the brake definitely needs some adding (by default they are all zero). The problem out of the box is that the wheels lock up around 50% of brake travel – which makes sensitive braking remarkably difficult to do. Adding in around 50/100 linearity actually makes the brake much more progressive. I need to fine tune it a little but it’s much better than the default.

The throttle maybe could benefit with some adding as well. I am struggling to get the power down without loss of traction in anything less than 4th gear. However, I also think it’s somewhat reflective of the higher levels of torque that contemporary turbo F1 cars have – so I think I just need to re-learn how to drive the exits of turns. At the moment I’m rubbish at them. Hehehe.

AI
The AI seems better than before. Passing fear doesn’t grip the AI like it used to – especially when pulling off the racing line to let someone past, they just go beyond you without the bother that plagued it before. They do sometimes go for gaps that you are closing legitimately but the only collision I had was largely a racing incident/spin. I’ve not spent a huge amount of time with them but it’s clear there are some improvements over previous.

CAREER
As described the career modes are basically ‘pretend to be a current driver for a year’ and do as best as you can. The ‘zero to hero’ of before is gone and it’s not clear if the cars you choose in the career mode are all equally performing or if they reflect their performances relative to one another (i.e. McLaren being poor).

There is also a Pro Career – which enforces in-car, full session length and zero HUD. Now full session lengths is a bit of an ask over the course of a full season. However, they have at least made changes to the race engineer that make this mode much more interesting. However, you can always play a normal season and just enforce a lot of that sort of thing upon yourself. However, when setting the game to the hardest setting you still seem to get some HUD appearing (at least in the single races) and I cannot see much of a screen to add/remove HUD items so that might need to be patched in – but it’s hardly a game breaker.

RACE ENGINEER
This year this chap has a much greater potential use than before. There is an option to use the radio and make requests of the engineer for information. There are around a dozen or slightly fewer items you can raise with him. You don’t hear yourself when you talk to him – you just bring the list up with ‘O’ and then select using the d-pad and hit ‘X’ and he responds. For the Pro Career mode this relationship becomes essential for your racing. Your steering wheel only tells you your current/previous lap split, revs, gear and speed. But through the engineer things can become very immersive. You can hit the talk button and request info on the car in front; “Alonso is three seconds ahead, he’s running on the prime tyre”. You can request info on the car behind, the status of your car (damage etc.), fuel strategy (i.e. can I go mix 1 for a bit/do we have spare fuel/what percentage of fuel have I got through so far), weather forecast, pit strategy (when am I due to box again?), tyre status (hot/cold/wear level), brake status (hot/cold). You suddenly become very dependent upon your engineer and it’s a really impressive insight into how much team work truly goes into F1 racing. He even chimes in with useful information at quite appropriate times. “Hulkenberg (behind you) is three seconds behind you and four tenths a lap faster than you and closing – we need a response.” “Button is in front of you, he’s on the harder prime tyre, we should be looking to close and pass”. “Your pace is excellent, you’re a second a lap faster than the car in front, Raikkonen”. “It looks like the Force India’s are prepping for a pit stop – we think Hulkenberg is coming in”. It’s greatly improved from the last one I recall and I hope the PCARS guys use some of this for PCARS2 because it’s very immersive and quite helpful (I’ve made posts on the same in the Suggested Features thread).

MULTIPLAYER
This finally seems to allow you to have a Season with up to 16x humans participating in. Great news as I have a few friends who are interested in this. I haven’t given it a go yet but it all seems to be there. Confusingly it seems they randomise the track order when you select this mode, but you then have the option to add/remove/change what order of tracks you want. Even more bafflingly when you do this they actually list the races in their real life order – so what you will probably end up doing is removing all the tracks and then adding them one by one (quick left d-pad, X to add, repeat) and that will actually give you a list of tracks in their real life order. Why they seem to be shuffled by default is beyond me – but at least it’s easy to resolve.

AUDIO
The audio is perfectly fine in F1 2015 – but you have to accept that the cars are not as noisy as the Formula A’s are in PCARS and that’s a shame but a fact of the forumula. I think it somewhat harms the sense of speed too as the turbo cars change gear much faster than the non-turbos did you climb the gears quite fast and the revs limit on much lower notes than you’re used to. Plus the intrinsic thrill of F1 (or any motorsport) is the screaming report of the engine as you ascend through the gears to an irresponsibly rapid pace with an engine that is a series of massive explosions encased in high grade metal. But, once you get past the quieter noise and lower tone, it’s absolutely reflective of the sport.

In summary I think if you love F1 it’s absolutely worth getting. It’s taken steps forward in proper sporting immersion. It needs to add some clearer menu options for customising the HUD – but I think that’s quite easily patchable. I think not having the progressive seasons of the past is a mistake – but maybe that might come later – who knows. But you have the single player career there, all the cars and circuits (2014 and 2015). The multiplayer seems more expansive than it was – which is great – the multiplayer seasons is a much needed addition for me. The race engineer is the best yet by a country mile. The graphics are decent and the frame rate is solid for the significant majority of play. If you’re unsure, or not an F1 fan then the Formula A’s give plenty of the pre-turbo thrill and a deeper FFB model than F1 2015. But overall I would say things are in pretty good shape. I’m happy enough to throw some £ at Codies even if it means there’s a greater chance of Dirt Rally coming to consoles (unless I PC-up sometime soon) but I think there’s a good engine and basis for F1 on next-gen here. Some efficiency gains and patches will smooth stuff and there’s a good chance of increased functionality for next year or as DLC without the stress of building a new engine. But the solo seasons are there, the multiplayer and an honest and decent representation of the pinnacle of motorsport. It’s a presentation of quality with a heart that lacks a little something – but not for the want of trying – and I think that’s exactly what F1 is at the moment.

Robbo-92
09-07-2015, 11:09
Cheers for your in depth thoughts Marrrfooo, good to hear that it has taken some steps forward in some areas even if it has gone backwards in others (lack of career/progression and safety car to name a couple). I'll certainly keep my eye on reviews and it sounds like it'll be worth a purchase at some point in the future when it's dropped in price (or if I can find it cheaper anywhere) and been patched. I wouldn't get your hopes up about Codemasters patching in new features, doesn't seem to be their style.

Marrrfooo
09-07-2015, 11:15
Cheers for your in depth thoughts Marrrfooo, good to hear that it has taken some steps forward in some areas even if it has gone backwards in others (lack of career/progression and safety car to name a couple). I'll certainly keep my eye on reviews and it sounds like it'll be worth a purchase at some point in the future when it's dropped in price (or if I can find it cheaper anywhere) and been patched. I wouldn't get your hopes up about Codemasters patching in new features, doesn't seem to be their style.

Thanks mate - and you're (unfortunately) quite right with regards Codies and feature patching - certainly with F1.

As I was lucky enough to have my copy drop, like Tracy, I thought I'd get some feels down so people had a bit of an idea of what it was like.

We all want kick ass racing. We have that now with PCARS 2.0 - but F1 2015 is worth a look. The advantage of F1 is that the circuits are all pretty great and that really helps it (along, for me, with being able to do seasons with a few friends). Were it not for the latter I would probably do the same as you and keep some eyes peeled.

Pre-ordering is largely an unwise move in my opinion - it was a total gamble for me in this instance - but I don't regret it. But it's definitely not better than PCARS. ;)

chig88
09-07-2015, 11:16
you select a current driver and complete the 2015 season as that driver, when you've finished you do the 2015 season again either as the same or different driver.

Wow. So there's no progression or car development at all? You're supposed to just endlessly complete one season over and over until you pass out from boredom? And presumably the only way to actually win a race is to drive a Mercedes? Brilliant.

The physics would have to be pretty damn spectacular for me to buy this game now. And I can already tell without playing it that it won't feel anywhere near as real or as visceral as driving the Formula A in Project CARS. Driving the Formula A is the first time I've ever thought 'Wow, this is what I imagine it's actually like driving a Formula 1 car'.

I know it might be a long shot because it would probably cost a King's ransom, but is there any chance SMS would actually bid for the F1 licence when Codemasters contract is up, Ian?

Marrrfooo
09-07-2015, 11:21
Wow. So there's no progression or car development at all? You're supposed to just endlessly complete one season over and over until you pass out from boredom? And presumably the only way to actually win a race is to drive a Mercedes? Brilliant.

The physics would have to be pretty damn spectacular for me to buy this game now. And I can already tell without playing it that it won't feel anywhere near as real or as visceral as driving the Formula A in Project CARS. Driving the Formula A is the first time I've ever thought 'Wow, this is what I imagine it's actually like driving a Formula 1 car'.

I know it might be a long shot because it would probably cost a King's ransom, but is there any chance SMS would actually bid for the F1 licence when Codemasters contract is up, Ian?

In the career you can set the cars to be 'real' or 'equal' for pace - so you don't have to be a Mercedes to win with the latter. But I do think the progression process that it had a few games ago is a real miss. My primary focus is to play it with my friends so it's not such a bad thing but if you're a single player only for F1 2015 then unless doing the above is fun for you (it is for me - but I can understand why it would bore others) then I'd give it a while and pick it up another time...

F1Aussie
09-07-2015, 11:44
I usually only race open wheelers and as you can probably guess by my name here am an f1 nut. I have all f1 games released on whatever platform i had at the time and f1 2014 was the first codemasters one i did not get, i just found i lost interest in all their previous offerrings very quickly due to the arcadey, unimmersive experience and very limited game options. I was looking forward to f1 2015 because of the supposed changes that codies were spruiking but alas from the early previews and reviews i have read it just sounds like rehashed drivel that they sugar coat every year, don't think i will even bother now. Project cars gives me more than enough options, sugar and immersion to keep me as entertained as i want to be.

Keep up the good work Ian & Co, you even have me racing tin tops, which i never have done previously!!!

Cornflex
09-07-2015, 12:04
Two questions before I might buy it:
Is the weather dynamic or scripted during the season?
Is there a damage model and have mechanical failures been simulated as well?

Thanks.

Voxen
09-07-2015, 12:05
Ok I raced F1 2015 all night so I get a better feeling now. I think going straight from pCars Formula A to F1 2015 is confusing but after a few hours of playing F1 2015 you kinda forget your pCars habits and learn to tame the cars. My last race was in Spa with heavy rain and it was really fun and challenging. The real annoying thing about this game is the lack of settings (you can't hide the hud and you can't hide drivers names above cars, I can't believe they didn't take time to bind a key for this). But if you are a true F1 fan as I am this game is worth buying. pCars is far superior but pCars don't have all tracks, cars, F1 rules and real driver names.

Robbo-92
09-07-2015, 12:15
In the career you can set the cars to be 'real' or 'equal' for pace - so you don't have to be a Mercedes to win with the latter. But I do think the progression process that it had a few games ago is a real miss. My primary focus is to play it with my friends so it's not such a bad thing but if you're a single player only for F1 2015 then unless doing the above is fun for you (it is for me - but I can understand why it would bore others) then I'd give it a while and pick it up another time...

I suppose they have had to include such an option due to the lack of progression and potential of changing teams season to season seen in previous games so people don't feel forced into picking a Mercedes to win the WDC/WCC.

To be honest from watching stuff on youtube it does look ok, far from what I was hoping it'd be though but worth a purchase at some point.

Schadows
09-07-2015, 12:19
I must admit I tried and quit very quickly the F1 series by codemaster a couple of years back.

I think it was F1 2012, I bought it, disabled every assists, and started a championship with completed week-end, but after half an hour of free practice ... I ejected the game and sold it. After months of playing with the Formula A in pcars (which was not as finished/polished as in the retail version like now), I couldn't bear with such a car behavior, which was way too easy in My opinion. Don't know if it was because the game was meant to be played with a gamepad, or if the physics were simply to "safe" in order to reach a broader audience, but that was not what I expected/wanted.

As long as they won't release a demo for one of the sequel, I won't buy another of their F1 games
I also must admit I find it difficult now to be restricted to only one racing series. If only they (CM) could release a title gathering all their F1 licenses, like doing a career from 2009 to 2015, with teams, tracks and rules changing like IRL for each season, that would be way more appealing

Marrrfooo
09-07-2015, 12:30
Two questions before I might buy it:
Is the weather dynamic or scripted during the season?
Is there a damage model and have mechanical failures been simulated as well?

Thanks.

I think the weather is dynamic by default but I think you can change that to be a static weather type all season if you wish (i.e. a dry season).

There is a damage model. It is more subtle than previous where it was just minor front wing damage/no front wing/fine. It's not quite as fragile a real life - but that's largely a good thing - but it doesn't take much to damage the front wing much. If/when you do damage it, if it gets stuck under the car you know about it - the FFB gets very unpleasant (which is a nice touch).

Marrrfooo
09-07-2015, 12:31
Ok I raced F1 2015 all night so I get a better feeling now. I think going straight from pCars Formula A to F1 2015 is confusing but after a few hours of playing F1 2015 you kinda forget your pCars habits and learn to tame the cars. My last race was in Spa with heavy rain and it was really fun and challenging. The real annoying thing about this game is the lack of settings (you can't hide the hud and you can't hide drivers names above cars, I can't believe they didn't take time to bind a key for this). But if you are a true F1 fan as I am this game is worth buying. pCars is far superior but pCars don't have all tracks, cars, F1 rules and real driver names.

I'm hoping that Codies will patch that in (options for no HUD etc). The only way to have it off (tehehe) is to go Pro Season I believe...

Marrrfooo
09-07-2015, 12:34
I must admit I tried and quit very quickly the F1 series by codemaster a couple of years back.

I think it was F1 2012, I bought it, disabled every assists, and started a championship with completed week-end, but after half an hour of free practice ... I ejected the game and sold it. After months of playing with the Formula A in pcars (which was not as finished/polished as in the retail version like now), I couldn't bear with such a car behavior, which was way too easy in My opinion. Don't know if it was because the game was meant to be played with a gamepad, or if the physics were simply to "safe" in order to reach a broader audience, but that was not what I expected/wanted.

As long as they won't release a demo for one of the sequel, I won't buy another of their F1 games
I also must admit I find it difficult now to be restricted to only one racing series. If only they (CM) could release a title gathering all their F1 licenses, like doing a career from 2009 to 2015, with teams, tracks and rules changing like IRL for each season, that would be way more appealing

I see what you mean about a compendium - but commercially it's simply impossible. Rights holders will veto so much. Drivers changing teams, sponsor changes, circuits coming in and out - there's a lot of potential stuff that has to be signed off. PCARS scratched the surface of that sort of stuff simply with McLaren vetoing one or two liveries for certain cars - that they were contemporaries!

The handling is simpler - but then the downforce levels are unbelievable as well and the cars are lighter - so things are quite different.

Raven403
09-07-2015, 12:47
You had me at 16 player online championship. If it works, it's worth price of admission for me

Marrrfooo
09-07-2015, 13:16
You had me at 16 player online championship. If it works, it's worth price of admission for me

Why the existence of it wasn't made clearer before release I don't know. I need to try it out and make sure - but that's absolutely what it seems to be suggesting it does. :)

Steam
09-07-2015, 13:33

Take notice SMS.

Ian Bell
09-07-2015, 13:33
Take notice SMS.

Take notice of most of what we've done :)

KK78
09-07-2015, 13:47

Even if it plays like crap?

Marrrfooo
09-07-2015, 14:03
Take notice of most of what we've done :)

Hehehe - valid point.

Although - small season-tracked series in multiplayer for PCA2S (see what I did there - the R is nearly a 2 - a logo concept for free!) would be pretty special. I expect someone has suggested it... Having said that, I'm looking to obtain a PC in the near future and am considering coming aboard for PCARS/PCA2S - having already got a wheel for PCARS on PS4!

You're costing me muchos dinero Señor Bell - I am impressed (my wallet hates you - FYI). Expect a ranting thread to emerge in the near future about how I sold off my loved ones for a PC (and a new haircut with a fringe!) and it's all your fault.

:D

Raven403
09-07-2015, 14:09
Why the existence of it wasn't made clearer before release I don't know. I need to try it out and make sure - but that's absolutely what it seems to be suggesting it does. :)

Please keep me posted on how it works how it's set up, could be huge for me, get my league in an online championship would be sick

Marrrfooo
09-07-2015, 14:10
Please keep me posted on how it works how it's set up, could be huge for me, get my league in an online championship would be sick

I likely won't get a chance to test it till this weekend - but as soon as I do I'll come back and advise. I'm hoping reviews on Friday will drop and clarify so you don't have to wait that long - but I'll check anyway and revert when I know.

Raven403
09-07-2015, 14:14
I likely won't get a chance to test it till this weekend - but as soon as I do I'll come back and advise. I'm hoping reviews on Friday will drop and clarify so you don't have to wait that long - but I'll check anyway and revert when I know.

I'm in the states, can't get it til the 21st so........I got time lol

Marrrfooo
09-07-2015, 14:16
I'm in the states, can't get it til the 21st so........I got time lol

Oh man - I forget it's a delayed launch there.

No worries - I'll let you know when I know. I appreciate being a league organiser that stuff is even more important! :)

Anything else you might wanna know, chuck a post in and I'll answer what I can whilst I'm checking it over...

Robbo-92
09-07-2015, 14:26
I've never understood why a game that is quite clearly translated and ready to be released simultaneously worldwide has a delayed launch, I can understand a big RPG game where there is loads of dialogue needing translating and it's better to launch the game as it becomes ready for the regions but for an F1 game it seems like a weird decision.

Have you tried the online yet? Is it stable and fairly lag free? Even with my decent internet connection I always seemd to get some lag when playing online, never did with other games such as Gran Turismo on the ps3 though so I'm wondering if the quality of online has been improved. Cheers for all your answers as well, you're making it sound not a terrible game!

Marrrfooo
09-07-2015, 14:45
I've never understood why a game that is quite clearly translated and ready to be released simultaneously worldwide has a delayed launch, I can understand a big RPG game where there is loads of dialogue needing translating and it's better to launch the game as it becomes ready for the regions but for an F1 game it seems like a weird decision.

Have you tried the online yet? Is it stable and fairly lag free? Even with my decent internet connection I always seemd to get some lag when playing online, never did with other games such as Gran Turismo on the ps3 though so I'm wondering if the quality of online has been improved. Cheers for all your answers as well, you're making it sound not a terrible game!

It's definitely not terrible. It is a little confusing coming from PCARS. So much more downforce, light cars, lower engine tones, different lighting system - it all conspires to make you feel odd at first. The few strange default settings further this end but once tweaked it's absolutely fine. The steering is lighter than the RUF GT3 that I've been most recently using in PCARS - but of course it is - it's a car that weighs half or even less and runs at 50% greater speed - so it takes time for your senses to stop complaining about it being different and weird. It will take more play tonight to crystallise the more prominent differences between the two (I think).

I will try the online on Friday or over the weekend with my friend - but I never had lag issues with it before (XB360) so I'm surprised you say that. I'll let you know what it's like.

As for the delayed launch - I think it really comes down to budget. What I mean by that is that Codies are not the developer of size that they were. They've cut a lot of staff. Their running costs are smaller but also this gives them limited room to manoeuvre to a degree. With this in mind it means the game is always going to be finished closer to launch time. Why does this have an impact? Simply because it takes time to get the physically printed discs shipped out. Again, assuming their lessened running costs these days they likely use someone in N. Europe if not the UK (I'm sure Ian would know more of course). But then once that's done you then have to get them out to the States - this via seafreight takes as much as 49 days (really - I work in shipping - that's not a guess). Most of the major shipping lines run to the west coast US (Los Angeles / California) or to Houston - depending on which side you can get a service to soonest after they are ready you then have to get them from those facilities out to stores etc. So you suddenly have 4-6x weeks lead time to get to marketplace. If there's delays, this is worsened etc.

Bigger devs/publishers have more money to spread their production costs or have a higher logistics budget. It's boring but it's a challenge. Can you imagine how much money will be saved when gaming gets more reasonably priced on digital platforms?

Robbo-92
09-07-2015, 14:52
I didn't have the worst lag, you only have to look on youtube for that! But it was noticeable enough to be annoying sometimes. Nice insight into the logistics of shipping games around the world as well!

Ian Bell
09-07-2015, 15:20
It's definitely not terrible. It is a little confusing coming from PCARS. So much more downforce, light cars, lower engine tones, different lighting system - it all conspires to make you feel odd at first. The few strange default settings further this end but once tweaked it's absolutely fine. The steering is lighter than the RUF GT3 that I've been most recently using in PCARS - but of course it is - it's a car that weighs half or even less and runs at 50% greater speed - so it takes time for your senses to stop complaining about it being different and weird. It will take more play tonight to crystallise the more prominent differences between the two (I think).

I will try the online on Friday or over the weekend with my friend - but I never had lag issues with it before (XB360) so I'm surprised you say that. I'll let you know what it's like.

As for the delayed launch - I think it really comes down to budget. What I mean by that is that Codies are not the developer of size that they were. They've cut a lot of staff. Their running costs are smaller but also this gives them limited room to manoeuvre to a degree. With this in mind it means the game is always going to be finished closer to launch time. Why does this have an impact? Simply because it takes time to get the physically printed discs shipped out. Again, assuming their lessened running costs these days they likely use someone in N. Europe if not the UK (I'm sure Ian would know more of course). But then once that's done you then have to get them out to the States - this via seafreight takes as much as 49 days (really - I work in shipping - that's not a guess). Most of the major shipping lines run to the west coast US (Los Angeles / California) or to Houston - depending on which side you can get a service to soonest after they are ready you then have to get them from those facilities out to stores etc. So you suddenly have 4-6x weeks lead time to get to marketplace. If there's delays, this is worsened etc.

Bigger devs/publishers have more money to spread their production costs or have a higher logistics budget. It's boring but it's a challenge. Can you imagine how much money will be saved when gaming gets more reasonably priced on digital platforms?

Remember guys that we're simulating a generic version of a 'fast formula car', nothing more. So don't use us as a barometer.

bc525
09-07-2015, 16:30
Good reviews of F1 2015 in this thread, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I want to pick up one more racing title, but I'm still debating between MotoGP 15 and F1 2015. Both are officially licensed and have all the real teams and tracks and riders/drivers. (Or I might just wait and see how FM6 looks when it gets released.)

For what it's worth I'm loving the Formula A and Formula B cars in PCARS. The FB cars are an absolute blast to drive and the audio for the FA cars is just freaking awesome. If I were to crank up my sound system while racing them I'd probably wake up all of my neighbors.

On a sidenote, any approximate year that the PCARS Formula A car would equate to in real F1 cars? The FA car sort of looks and sounds like about 2010 or 2011 in F1, but not quite exactly.

Robbo-92
09-07-2015, 17:14
If I had to guess I'd say the Formula A car is mainly modelled on the 2011/12 season F1 cars. Obviously without the stepped noses though!

Ian Bell
09-07-2015, 17:15
If I had to guess I'd say the Formula A car is mainly modelled on the 2011/12 season F1 cars. Obviously without the stepped noses though!

We haven't taken any inspiration form any F1 cars Bernie.

bc525
09-07-2015, 18:35
Isn't Bernie in jail for bribery?

Voxen
09-07-2015, 18:48
Ok guys please notice I was wrong: you can hide the hud and drivers names!! It can be done from a session (practice or racing) but you have to use the menus for that, there is no way to toggle this from a key. Well not a big deal.

I played more today and I have to say I'm enjoying it more and more. Not a bad game really.

Robbo-92
09-07-2015, 19:01

Nope, in a strange turn of events (but I think it's actually relativly common in German law/courts) Bernie was able to pay the courts off getting off any charges he was facing for bribery, doesn't make a load of sense really.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it Voxen :)

Schadows
09-07-2015, 19:38
I see what you mean about a compendium - but commercially it's simply impossible. Rights holders will veto so much. Drivers changing teams, sponsor changes, circuits coming in and out - there's a lot of potential stuff that has to be signed off. PCARS scratched the surface of that sort of stuff simply with McLaren vetoing one or two liveries for certain cars - that they were contemporaries!Not really impossible. For those who remember, F1 Challenge 99-02 (F1 Career Challenge on consoles) back in the days were the first F1 game to offer a career mode over several years (from 1999 to 2002 as the name suggests).

Even in the some of the latest Cody F1 game, you have cars and tracks from other seasons (be it 2014 or classic) but you can't have a full career with just that.

I'm guessing but I do think the FOM hold all the rights to the F1 license (and any team taking part in the championship has to agree to this), so I highly doubt one team can prevent something if it was "like that" at that time.
Pcars had to deal with each car manufacturer for the license, hence no real championship license (yet).

bc525
09-07-2015, 19:43
I loved the classic content in F1 2013, that was very cool. If they had brought the classic content (cars and tracks), career driver creation, and career progression to F1 2015 then it would have been an immediate purchase for me.

As it stands, I'm undecided.

chig88
09-07-2015, 20:42
Reading through the Codemasters forum and there are already a load of complaints from people who have the game early:

- Sounds like the damage is almost non-existent
- The options for race lengths etc are stupidly restrictive (25%, 50% or 100%)
- You only get all 3 qualifying sessions in the championship season mode if you do 100% races
- Bad lag online (despite the full release not being until tomorrow)
- Safety car no longer in the game
- Tuning changes make almost no difference to car performance
- Massive input lag with some wheels

I think there were literally more features in F1 Championship Edition on PS3. They seem to pinning everything on the fact that they've got motion-captured pit crews (hardly important when the rest of the game is dross), podium sequences (who cares?) and David Croft reading woodenly from a script before the race. Not to mention the fact that they've got a 'vastly improved' race engineer that sounds like he's never actually spoken to another human before.

To top it all off, their 'big reveal' today is the Principal Game Designer trotting out all of the information that's already on the back of the box.

Thank God for Project CARS!

Raven403
09-07-2015, 21:24
Reading through the Codemasters forum and there are already a load of complaints from people who have the game early:

- Sounds like the damage is almost non-existent
- The options for race lengths etc are stupidly restrictive (25%, 50% or 100%)
- You only get all 3 qualifying sessions in the championship season mode if you do 100% races
- Bad lag online (despite the full release not being until tomorrow)
- Safety car no longer in the game
- Tuning changes make almost no difference to car performance
- Massive input lag with some wheels

I think there were literally more features in F1 Championship Edition on PS3. They seem to pinning everything on the fact that they've got motion-captured pit crews (hardly important when the rest of the game is dross), podium sequences (who cares?) and David Croft reading woodenly from a script before the race. Not to mention the fact that they've got a 'vastly improved' race engineer that sounds like he's never actually spoken to another human before.

To top it all off, their 'big reveal' today is the Principal Game Designer trotting out all of the information that's already on the back of the box.

Thank God for Project CARS!

None of those things sound game breaking to me, and as far as complaints go it's a short list....

I'm sure if someone browsed THIS forum day 1 it wouldn't have painted a pretty picture either.

Bound to be people with complaints, can't please everyone. Only one way to find out if I'll like it or not so I'll just have to wait patiently til the 21st, maybe by then they will have addressed some things who knows

xautos
09-07-2015, 22:16
Not really impossible. For those who remember, F1 Challenge 99-02 (F1 Career Challenge on consoles) back in the days were the first F1 game to offer a career mode over several years (from 1999 to 2002 as the name suggests).

Even in the some of the latest Cody F1 game, you have cars and tracks from other seasons (be it 2014 or classic) but you can't have a full career with just that.

I'm guessing but I do think the FOM hold all the rights to the F1 license (and any team taking part in the championship has to agree to this), so I highly doubt one team can prevent something if it was "like that" at that time.
Pcars had to deal with each car manufacturer for the license, hence no real championship license (yet).

im an old school f1c99-02 driver myself, i remember those days fondly. the exe patch needed to overwrite that horrible player loading freezing. the mismatches from time to time. i used to spend hours driving the 2002 minardi and arrows around to victories. also had some cool tracks as well and the mod ability was really good as well. i once melded a 2002 arrows front wing on a 2001 minardi chassis, that was fun getting into the hdv settings and the other files to make sure everything worked fine. but i also remember the RH season mods.

most of the newer stuff has nothing on that old game!

girlracerTracey
09-07-2015, 23:09
Well despite my rather harsh comments "first blush" this morning my verdict this evening is that if you turn all assists off (no traction control, no ABS etc. etc.) then F1 2015 is actually quite an enjoyable racing game. The problem for me is that even with minimal assists turned on the handling feels a bit sanitised..but turn it all off and the game does become much more interesting. I will be keeping my copy of F1 2015 after all..

But no of course it isn't Project CARS. Project CARS for me was cheaper to buy brand new than F1 2015. Think of the difference in content..! Then think of the depth and challenge of the physics model in Project CARS..! Obviously no contest between the two titles.

Project CARS leaves F1 2015 trailing in its wake. But if you like F1 then F1 2015 might actually be worth a buy? I intend to enjoy my copy anyway. Project CARS rules though from quite a giddy height in my book.

I recorded a quick video of me wobbling round Spa Francorchamps on a gamepad with zero assists which might at least show you guys a bit more of the game before tomorrow's release. "Fireworks Simulator" in some ways..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWTrwCJIjQc&google_comment_id=z13eftupnw2xh5nyd04cilhjdtmohvnaydk&google_view_type#gpluscomments

grT

bporion
10-07-2015, 00:22
Well now i dont know what to do ! From what i can read so far its good but not great . I wanted to get it more for the new graphics engine but nobody seems to be saying its lots better now then it was before . Whit the mods i have on f1 2013 i think i will wait for a while longer . Is it true you cant take the driver names off the screen while playing ?

chig88
10-07-2015, 00:36
None of those things sound game breaking to me, and as far as complaints go it's a short list....

I'm sure if someone browsed THIS forum day 1 it wouldn't have painted a pretty picture either.

Bound to be people with complaints, can't please everyone. Only one way to find out if I'll like it or not so I'll just have to wait patiently til the 21st, maybe by then they will have addressed some things who knows

It's not the fact that these are game breaking, it's that there is very little game to break. The lack of features (career mode, online co-op etc) makes the game feel more like a demo to me.

If they're going to advertise this as a base to work from which will be expanded upon for 2016 then fine, but at least explain that clearly and release the game at a discount. The fact that F1 2015 and Project CARS will cost roughly the same amount is a bit of a joke when you compare the amount of content in the games.

Each to their own, but buying F1 2015 seems like 50% of the cost is purely for licensed cars etc. Style over substance.

jason
10-07-2015, 00:48
A little bit Excessive on the sparks , aside from that it looks good to me. AI seems pretty good .

Is it possible to show a video of the way damage is handled please !!!! Maybe some weather.

Ahhhhh , they can have my money anyway.

yusupov
10-07-2015, 00:53
It's not the fact that these are game breaking, it's that there is very little game to break. The lack of features (career mode, online co-op etc) makes the game feel more like a demo to me.

If they're going to advertise this as a base to work from which will be expanded upon for 2016 then fine, but at least explain that clearly and release the game at a discount. The fact that F1 2015 and Project CARS will cost roughly the same amount is a bit of a joke when you compare the amount of content in the games.

Each to their own, but buying F1 2015 seems like 50% of the cost is purely for licensed cars etc. Style over substance.

well i think the majority of buyers are suckers who just want an f1 licensed game. i may be projecting that but ive neither read or seen anything very positive about this game but im still barely resisting purchasing it. :/

Steam
10-07-2015, 00:58
No career mode.
No season challenge.
No rival system.
No online co-op.
No champions mode.
No classic content.
No split screen.
No functional safety car.
No motorhome.
No paddock.
No TV interviews...

Cornflex
10-07-2015, 06:20
well i think the majority of buyers are suckers who just want an f1 licensed game. i may be projecting that but ive neither read or seen anything very positive about this game but im still barely resisting purchasing it. :/

Well I think the majority of buyers are racing fans who just want a decent F1 racing game. And that is what F1 2015 is.

John Hargreaves
10-07-2015, 06:52
im an old school f1c99-02 driver myself, i remember those days fondly.
... but i also remember the RH season mods.

most of the newer stuff has nothing on that old game!

Yeah that was something of a classic. Btw, that would be the same RH (Ralph Hummerich) who did most of the texture work on the pCars models. Small world :cool:

bodyshop
10-07-2015, 06:58

lol...he paid 60 million to the Germans to stay out of prison......and no don't be silly..that's nothing like a bribe.... (whistles and walks off slowly...)

jgaganas
10-07-2015, 07:00
Steam reviews aren't really helping, so i took a bite.

Anyway it's win/win: if it isn't any good (or just good enough for 10-20 hours), play-time goes fully back on pCARS ;)

chig88
10-07-2015, 07:42
Well I think the majority of buyers are racing fans who just want a decent F1 racing game. And that is what F1 2015 is.

In your opinion.

LukeC
10-07-2015, 07:57
Curiosity got the better of me and I bought it today. In fact, I just spent close to 4 hours playing it and I must say I'm not impressed. The biggest disappointment for me is the force feedback, or to be more accurate, lack of it -- even with a Thrustmaster T300. All you really get is some resistance when turning and a rumble when you go over the kerbs. There is some "canned" bump/tarmac texture effect to be fair, but the forces are very weak in the first 12 to 15 degrees of steering input. Compared to PCars the difference is night and day. In PCars I feel as though I could probably do a lap blindfolded, so rich is the textural and topographical detail. In F1 2015 in contrast I find my eye-sight has to go into hyperactivity to make up for the lack of feedback through the wheel.

Graphics-wise it does look quite nice at times but I wouldn't call the visuals ground-breaking. I don't know whether it was just my PS4, but the frame rate seemed very inconsistent. A couple of times it looked as if the game had gone into slow motion. Even when the game does maintain 60fps it still doesn't look smooth because there a "canned" shaking effect throughout.

The AI seemed to be quite intelligent and the actual racing against them does get very intense and satisfying at times.

In conclusion if you're a hard-core F1 fan and you play with a controller, you will get a lot of enjoyment out of this. However, if you're into sims and you play with a steering wheel you are in for a very 2-dimensional driving experience, with little in the way of tarmac texture, topography, cambers etc.

Robbo-92
10-07-2015, 08:10
Nice video grT, pad handling seems to have been improved since we first saw footage of F1 2015 where it looked really bad. What assists are there to turn off? Obviously TC and ABS but is there a steering assist as well?

Has anyone (who has the game obviously) tried out the 2014 cars yet to see if they feel any different to the ones from F1 2014? Is online 2015 cars only? Sorry for all the questions! :)

Cornflex
10-07-2015, 08:16
In your opinion.

Sure it is my opinion.
I play F1 2015 on PC and I like it.
Yes, there could be some more game modes, but it is okay for me. The game delivers what the title says: F1 2015.

kilotango
10-07-2015, 08:20
from the comments off steam, and this thread... would i be correct in this assumption? f1 2014 was said to be a stop gap for the next gen 2015 game... and now it seems that 2015 is turning out to be a stop gap for 2016?

Marrrfooo
10-07-2015, 08:30
Curiosity got the better of me and I bought it today. In fact, I just spent close to 4 hours playing it and I must say I'm not impressed. The biggest disappointment for me is the force feedback, or to be more accurate, lack of it -- even with a Thrustmaster T300. All you really get is some resistance when turning and a rumble when you go over the kerbs. There is some "canned" bump/tarmac texture effect to be fair, but the forces are very weak in the first 12 to 15 degrees of steering input. Compared to PCars the difference is night and day. In PCars I feel as though I could probably do a lap blindfolded, so rich is the textural and topographical detail. In F1 2015 in contrast I find my eye-sight has to go into hyperactivity to make up for the lack of feedback through the wheel.

Graphics-wise it does look quite nice at times but I wouldn't call the visuals ground-breaking. I don't know whether it was just my PS4, but the frame rate seemed very inconsistent. A couple of times it looked as if the game had gone into slow motion. Even when the game does maintain 60fps it still doesn't look smooth because there a "canned" shaking effect throughout.

The AI seemed to be quite intelligent and the actual racing against them does get very intense and satisfying at times.

In conclusion if you're a hard-core F1 fan and you play with a controller, you will get a lot of enjoyment out of this. However, if you're into sims and you play with a steering wheel you are in for a very 2-dimensional driving experience, with little in the way of tarmac texture, topography, cambers etc.

You probably already spotted it - but the FFB is set to 50% out of the box and needs increasing. I actually found at 100% under full duress the FFB was almost too strong - I have mine around 80%. I would put more in the steering weight than the other two sliders to give yourself a better feel - but it's still not clear how they affect things properly - I'm going to spend some time with it this evening. In fairness F1 cars are quite light to steer *at speed* at minor angles of steering lock; it's when you make fuller turns and at slow speeds that the wheel is much harder to move - and the game does represent that effectively, if not entirely accurately. It certainly does not have the bump-response (in terms of circuit surface) that PCARS has - and that makes it odd to drive with at first but you get used to it. That said, in PCARS both Monza and Silverstone are quite smooth too in the same terms (I'm talking about driving a near-equivalent Formula A only car on those circuits). I should really try Monza and Spa on both games and familiarise again.

It's unavoidable that the FFB is inferior to PCARS. (Can you imagine how annoyed Ian would have been had that not been the case!!) That said I think it's a decent take on things as they stand currently. The features it lacks, such as progressive career, are a big loss - but at the end of the day you buy the game to race the cars and circuits. But I did love that mode and miss it. The expansion of multiplayer is great but I've not tried it yet and reports of lag issues are a shame. I recall previous F1 games having similar challenges at launch. Again though I never experienced them when I played with my friends. The engine is a good improvement over previous and the visuals are nice. The wet weather effects are overall excellent. There are some spots where FPS drops on certain parts of circuits - again this can be improved with patches.

It's a good start to next gen in terms of an engine to use going forward. It's had some stuff dropped that's a shame - but there is a decent F1 racer with challenging handling (all assists off) in here. It's easy to get spoilt by GTs and Forzas and their huge budgets and swathes of cars and a series with a single formula on is, by comparison, inferior in value when looked at like that. But there are a huge number of excellent tracks in this game and the license for F1 is not cheap nor simple to work with.

You know the Codies chaps will have been playing PCARS too - so they'll be learning stuff from SMS and I know SMS will glean some ideas from F1 too (the race engineer implementation is a standout, along with some minor wet weather effects like dry lining and spray - but the car models are simpler than PCARS to be fair).

If racing some of the best circuits in the world in F1 cars is of interest it's hard not to like the game. The racing against the AI is better than ever too - but don't expect PCARS-grade AI (which, for me, is market leading and has been since Shift 2) but it's better than most of the rest.

Marrrfooo
10-07-2015, 08:34
from the comments off steam, and this thread... would i be correct in this assumption? f1 2014 was said to be a stop gap for the next gen 2015 game... and now it seems that 2015 is turning out to be a stop gap for 2016?

Correct in the first part. But in reality the first engine instance of most games is a little creaky in places and considering what this represents, the speed it's come together (released in July not September/October as usual!) and the move to new hardware it's a very good start point from a relatively small developer compared to it's stable mates in such as Polygon, Turn 10 and even comparably SMS (although I expect studio numbers between SMS and Codies are similar - but I get the impression Codies is slightly smaller these days - anyone who knows better I hope corrects me).

The only thing I can say that F1 2015 lacks properly is a progressive multi-year career mode. That would make it a good deal more appealing. Additionally a slightly deeper FFB model would be helpful - but that's not to say that the FFB and handling in F1 2015 with assists all off is easy - it really isn't - corner exits are tough to nail without wheel spinning for example. As much as classic stuff is lovely to have, and I enjoyed it before, I'm in it for the contemporary stuff and I'm not sure the handling model would get the best out of the more challenging older cars - certainly not to PCARS standard, so I'm happy to get my older F1 fix from PCARS (as well as all my non-F1 racing).

kilotango
10-07-2015, 08:39
@Marrrfooo

Cheers, i've pre-ordered this game and still have a few weeks before it gets released on the US Xbox store.. so trying to decide if i should cancel it or not

N0body Of The Goat
10-07-2015, 08:41
Well despite my rather harsh comments "first blush" this morning my verdict this evening is that if you turn all assists off (no traction control, no ABS etc. etc.) then F1 2015 is actually quite an enjoyable racing game. The problem for me is that even with minimal assists turned on the handling feels a bit sanitised..but turn it all off and the game does become much more interesting. I will be keeping my copy of F1 2015 after all..

But no of course it isn't Project CARS. Project CARS for me was cheaper to buy brand new than F1 2015. Think of the difference in content..! Then think of the depth and challenge of the physics model in Project CARS..! Obviously no contest between the two titles.

Project CARS leaves F1 2015 trailing in its wake. But if you like F1 then F1 2015 might actually be worth a buy? I intend to enjoy my copy anyway. Project CARS rules though from quite a giddy height in my book.

I recorded a quick video of me wobbling round Spa Francorchamps on a gamepad with zero assists which might at least show you guys a bit more of the game before tomorrow's release. "Fireworks Simulator" in some ways..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWTrwCJIjQc&google_comment_id=z13eftupnw2xh5nyd04cilhjdtmohvnaydk&google_view_type#gpluscomments

grT

A few things that jump out at me from this clip (thanks btw for posting)...

Maybe the "safety hoop cam" does not help, but it looks like once again Codies have turned Spa into a "flat as a pancake" track, which it surely is not! Look at our (pCARS) or Asetto Corsa version, it has undulations, camber changes etc.
Does Grosjean have a license to fire a machine gun rearwards while driving? ;)
Where is the KERS? It is just not on the HUD?
Some of those touches would have at least knocked a few elements of the front wing in real life IMO.

I just don't know, should I buy and rely on the new Steam refund policy after playing for <2 hours? I signed up for Dirt Rally, but I've hardly touched it (rallying has never really grabbed me in the same way as track racing).
How does it play on a wheel?
Tyre wear?
Proper setup adjustments, or is it still like F1 2010 with "mini-tuning" of preset track specific setups?

Marrrfooo
10-07-2015, 09:04
@Marrrfooo

Cheers, i've pre-ordered this game and still have a few weeks before it gets released on the US Xbox store.. so trying to decide if i should cancel it or not

If you like F1 and racing I don't think you'll be disappointed. Are you on a wheel or pad?

Marrrfooo
10-07-2015, 09:11
A few things that jump out at me from this clip (thanks btw for posting)...

Maybe the "safety hoop cam" does not help, but it looks like once again Codies have turned Spa into a "flat as a pancake" track, which it surely is not! Look at our (pCARS) or Asetto Corsa version, it has undulations, camber changes etc.
Does Grosjean have a license to fire a machine gun rearwards while driving? ;)
Where is the KERS? It is just not on the HUD?
Some of those touches would have at least knocked a few elements of the front wing in real life IMO.

I just don't know, should I buy and rely on the new Steam refund policy after playing for <2 hours? I signed up for Dirt Rally, but I've hardly touched it (rallying has never really grabbed me in the same way as track racing).
How does it play on a wheel?
Tyre wear?
Proper setup adjustments, or is it still like F1 2010 with "mini-tuning" of preset track specific setups?

I've not had any problems with track topography - but I know what you mean about the camera angle that was used. KERS is not really on the HUG - although amusingly when you use the 'look back' button the game considers it an external view I think and throws up the digital speedo/rev counter in the bottom right and the KERS/DRS indicators are then visible - until you return to looking forward again. There is a 'look down' button in the cockpit but I've not used it yet - the default allocations for buttons on the T300RS are not brilliant but they can be entirely customised to whatever you want and saved - so I will have to take a look at that as I've not actually used KERS yet (only done a few time trials to get a feel).

It plays fine on the wheel. The FFB is light in minor degrees of turn at speed - which is very unlike most other formulas - but that's fine. The FFB is too weak out of the box but can be increased (it's 50% by default for some reason) and 100% is actually really too strong under full contact (in my opinion). There's fine resistance to turn in at other times - especially hairpins, the car becomes much tougher to turn which is again realistic. Decent feel off the curbs but not quite a deep as PCARS. Lockups are fine and feel as they should. If you break the front wing and get bits under the car you know about it - lol - the FFB is pretty impressive at making you feel that.

I've not done long enough runs to test tyre wear - but I have felt degradation kicking in towards the ends of my stints and I think the tyre modelling might be a good deal better this year than before.

There are proper setup adjustments you can make - but as standard you are offered a range of setups for high/low front/rear downforce and speed - but you can change what you like in good detail if you want to (I never really did myself).

kilotango
10-07-2015, 09:12
If you like F1 and racing I don't think you'll be disappointed. Are you on a wheel or pad?

im using a pad, so probably not ideal.....

i'm hoping that the actual racing is in order, then i'd still be keen. lack of career mode etc, is not really a deal breaker for me.

and as long as i can jump into a Honda, and drive the pants off it to try and beat Hamilton and his Merc... then its all good :D

LukeC
10-07-2015, 09:13
You probably already spotted it - but the FFB is set to 50% out of the box and needs increasing. I actually found at 100% under full duress the FFB was almost too strong - I have mine around 80%. I would put more in the steering weight than the other two sliders to give yourself a better feel - but it's still not clear how they affect things properly - I'm going to spend some time with it this evening. In fairness F1 cars are quite light to steer *at speed* at minor angles of steering lock; it's when you make fuller turns and at slow speeds that the wheel is much harder to move - and the game does represent that effectively, if not entirely accurately. It certainly does not have the bump-response (in terms of circuit surface) that PCARS has - and that makes it odd to drive with at first but you get used to it. That said, in PCARS both Monza and Silverstone are quite smooth too in the same terms (I'm talking about driving a near-equivalent Formula A only car on those circuits). I should really try Monza and Spa on both games and familiarise again.

It's unavoidable that the FFB is inferior to PCARS. (Can you imagine how annoyed Ian would have been had that not been the case!!) That said I think it's a decent take on things as they stand currently. The features it lacks, such as progressive career, are a big loss - but at the end of the day you buy the game to race the cars and circuits. But I did love that mode and miss it. The expansion of multiplayer is great but I've not tried it yet and reports of lag issues are a shame. I recall previous F1 games having similar challenges at launch. Again though I never experienced them when I played with my friends. The engine is a good improvement over previous and the visuals are nice. The wet weather effects are overall excellent. There are some spots where FPS drops on certain parts of circuits - again this can be improved with patches.

It's a good start to next gen in terms of an engine to use going forward. It's had some stuff dropped that's a shame - but there is a decent F1 racer with challenging handling (all assists off) in here. It's easy to get spoilt by GTs and Forzas and their huge budgets and swathes of cars and a series with a single formula on is, by comparison, inferior in value when looked at like that. But there are a huge number of excellent tracks in this game and the license for F1 is not cheap nor simple to work with.

You know the Codies chaps will have been playing PCARS too - so they'll be learning stuff from SMS and I know SMS will glean some ideas from F1 too (the race engineer implementation is a standout, along with some minor wet weather effects like dry lining and spray - but the car models are simpler than PCARS to be fair).

If racing some of the best circuits in the world in F1 cars is of interest it's hard not to like the game. The racing against the AI is better than ever too - but don't expect PCARS-grade AI (which, for me, is market leading and has been since Shift 2) but it's better than most of the rest.

I have tried quite a few force feedback/wheel weight combinations but I still feel as though the force feedback in the centre is too weak. With everything at 100 percent it does feel too heavy, as you say, but the heaviness really only comes on when turning the wheel beyond the initial 15 or so degrees. I think I currently have everything at 100 with the wheel weight at 75 and it feels quite good, but I really expected it to feel more like the formula a and formula b cars in PC.

This evening I will turn down the force feedback and up the wheel weight to see if it feels better to me. I think part of the problem is that PC has set the bar really high and my expectations for f1 were probably too high, if I'm honest. However, I'm sure I will still derive a lot of enjoyment from it, providing I don't get any more of those slow-mo effects.

Marrrfooo
10-07-2015, 09:18
im using a pad, so probably not ideal.....

i'm hoping that the actual racing is in order, then i'd still be keen. lack of career mode etc, is not really a deal breaker for me.

and as long as i can jump into a Honda, and drive the pants off it to try and beat Hamilton and his Merc... then its all good :D

Then I think you'll be absolutely fine mate. I haven't used the pad at all but Tracy certainly didn't report any issues in her previously posted vid. I think you'll be on to a winner.

Marrrfooo
10-07-2015, 09:54
I have tried quite a few force feedback/wheel weight combinations but I still feel as though the force feedback in the centre is too weak. With everything at 100 percent it does feel too heavy, as you say, but the heaviness really only comes on when turning the wheel beyond the initial 15 or so degrees. I think I currently have everything at 100 with the wheel weight at 75 and it feels quite good, but I really expected it to feel more like the formula a and formula b cars in PC.

This evening I will turn down the force feedback and up the wheel weight to see if it feels better to me. I think part of the problem is that PC has set the bar really high and my expectations for f1 were probably too high, if I'm honest. However, I'm sure I will still derive a lot of enjoyment from it, providing I don't get any more of those slow-mo effects.

I'm going to do the same this evening I think.

I think the issue is that the steering should be light in those ranges but F1 lacks the depth/subtlety to its FFB to articulate the minute feeling of the front wheels and surface grip and thus only gives you any real feeling beyond about 25/30 degrees of steer (when at speed). If it had that underlying subtlety then it would be better but it's okay as it is - but you're right, that difference between F1 and PCARS is most noticeable there...

bodyshop
10-07-2015, 10:01
The problem is F1 is boring as hell, has 2 cars only that can win races unless one or both of them have issues, all i'd ever want to do in this game is smash Lewis mardy bum off the track as he's a moanong little spoilt child in the best car who struggles to beat Nico Roseburg who is no Alonso or even as good as Button... so you play a boring series but with none of the rewards like traveling the world loads of money and loads of pit girls.... basically no thanks.
Add to that the codemaster forums will be full of children (and men) banging on about how they beat the lap record of real life on a game so we should assume were they to line up this year they would be F champion in real life....lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
Someone just make V8 supercars game or BTCC and be done with it....

tpw
10-07-2015, 10:21
I'm not really an F1 fan but I bought the game today more out of curiosity than anything. I've played a couple of hours doing quick races and I can't say that it's really grabbed me much. As a non F1 person I'm not going to speak to the authenticity of the racing experience, but just give some of my impressions:

Good:

Runs very well even on my mid range system
Top notch presentation
Extremely detailed tracks with well animated crowds etc
I'm sure all the livery and sponsorship stuff is down to the 10th decimal place
Animated pit crew
AI don't seem to be kamikazes
Rain FX are top notch, as are other things such as smoke, sparks, debris

Not so good:

Visuals are completely lacking in sharpness regardless of AA settings.
Textures seem pretty low res regardless of settings, and LOD switch to very blurry at quite short distances
Rather flat lighting
My G27 pedals were not detected using the G27 preset, I had to assign them with a custom controller setup
Force Feedback is pretty flat and uninformative, and very weak by default
The escape key doesn't work in-race, so once you start you're committed right through to the end. This is the only driving software I own that does this, and it's extremely annoying and makes setting tinkering an absolute chore.

Codemasters have managed to get a bit of a bad rep in the last few years but seemed to give the impression that they'd turned themselves around recently and decided to focus on delivering a purer driving experience. With Dirt Rally being such an amazing product even in early access I'd kind of hoped that F1 2015 would be too as a full release. Even though I assume they're running on a similar variety of EGO engine, Dirt Rally just looks, sounds and feels so much crisper. Perhaps the asset details have been compromised in order to ensure the 1080p 60fps they're touting across all platforms.

I've played lots of driving software and while none are perfect, each has some standout qualities whether it be the incredible immersive audiovisuals of pCARS, the awesome car details of AC, the physics/FFB of rFactor2 etc. Unfortunately F1 2015 doesn't have anything that really captures and holds the attention. Maybe it will improve with a patch or two, but I don't see myself spending much time with it.

yusupov
10-07-2015, 10:25
http://www.twitch.tv/gamermuscle

^^i love this guy, hes super enthusiastic and loves everything. totally slagging this game though. honestly first thing thats got me to stop craving buying it

kilotango
10-07-2015, 10:25
The problem is F1 is boring as hell, has 2 cars only that can win races unless one or both of them have issues, all i'd ever want to do in this game is smash Lewis mardy bum off the track................................................

Someone just make V8 supercars game or BTCC and be done with it....

haha, thats exactly what i plan to do in this game... in the cleanest way possible though :P

and yes... BTCC ftw...

Ian B, im done beating around the bush......... how much of a bribe will it take to make BTCC happen in Pcars 1? ;)

Marrrfooo
10-07-2015, 10:36
haha, thats exactly what i plan to do in this game... in the cleanest way possible though :P

and yes... BTCC ftw...

Ian B, im done beating around the bush......... how much of a bribe will it take to make BTCC happen in Pcars 1? ;)

+1 And the WTCC. There's a number of interesting tracks they're using that would be a boon to PCARS.

I think generally speaking were there to be some kind of special Touring Car-based DLC - the online stores might struggle to cope with demand. :))

m355y
10-07-2015, 11:28
I'm not too bothered about the WTCC. It's not grabbing me these days. Citroen are light years ahead, the rest of the field is very thin. Race07/Race Pro did a good job of simulating it in its 2007/2008 heyday, would far rather the BTCC because I think that's a much better championship plus most of the circuits are already in the game.

Steam
10-07-2015, 12:29
That physics...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swNtvcb-4ss

stephenb
10-07-2015, 12:50
For anyone who wants to make the PC visuals sharper - credit goes to a poster over at iracing

For those that want to get rid of the horrible blur effect that looks like vaseline has been smeared over the camera:

Go to Documents -> My Games -> F1 2015 -> hardwaresettings
Open hardware_settings_config.xml
Find Line 22, it should have 'postprocess' at the start of the line
Change motionblur="true" to motionblur="false"
Change depthOfField="true" to depthOfField="false"

And that should be it, on that same line you can change things such as God Rays and bloom to your personal preference.

beetes_juice
10-07-2015, 12:53
Anyone else have a go with F1?

I did last night with a few friends and wow, talk about another buggy game at launch. Need to wait for a few patches....hmmm where have I heard this before :)

Ended up having a blast but multiplayer is an issue. Group of about 5 of us doing a short season online. Seems if you have a bad connection to the other players or what not, everyone in the game turns to AI controlled cars. Ex. On my screen I was in first place while I was passing the other guys in the room (AI controlled cars on rookie level it seemed). While on their screens they were all in first having the same issue; happened to all of us. Once the race finished the finishing order seemed to even out has the game went by the race clock. You could come first on your screen but when the race finished it depended on your total time for what place you came in.

Anyway, give it some time and they will iron out the bugs. 2015 seems to be better then their previous attempts at F1 but may need some time.

PS: Someone do a few laps at Silverstone then jump over to laps around Singapore. Is it me or does Singapore's graphics/clarity seem to be 10x better then Silverstone?

resmania
10-07-2015, 13:16
My initial thoughts..

Console port crap

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 13:18
Honest question guys, I'm about to grab this. Is it worth it for me after playing pCARS to hell and back with the open wheelers?

EDIT - I should say I was planning on getting the PC version.

Cush
10-07-2015, 13:27
Well Im not sure what to say apart from Im glad I didnt pay full price for F1 2015. Its not as bad as I first thought after an hour or two of playing it but there are a certainly a few bugs to iron out so it maybe be better after a couple of patches !

I have to agree about the FFB..... its a joke in comparison to Pcars although after a while you do get used to it. Im not over impressed with the graphics either. If this is supposed to be 'Next Gen' graphics then all I can say is we seem to have gone back in time. I guess Ive been spoilt by the visuals in Pcars but even so at times I thought I was playing a game from the 90's. At times the graphics stuttered slightly even after I dropped it down to 'HIGH' and thats on a GTX 970.

I particularly don't like the fact that you can't skip to the end of a session like in Pcars. It gives you a slightly accelerated mode but on a full race weekend I was able to go make a cuppa whilst it ran to the end of a practise session! Other gripes are ridiculous times et by other drivers. At Melbourne I was in in second place with 1.36 when out of nowhere Will Stevens posts 1:16, a complete 20 seconds faster than everyone else.

But despite these negatives I still found that it kept me occupied for half the day and I did enjoy it. So Im gonna give it a chance and like most games see whats its like when its fixed !

beetes_juice
10-07-2015, 13:32
Honest question guys, I'm about to grab this. Is it worth it for me after playing pCARS to hell and back with the open wheelers?

For me, its just nice to drive around the real cars for a change. I do love our FA's but its always nice to hop in a SF15-T or a FW37. Do give it a bump since it has the tracks tooo; always nice to rip around COTA.

steviraikkonen
10-07-2015, 13:44
"Out of nowhere Will Stevens posts a 1:16", what I'd pay to here the commentator say that in real life!

jgaganas
10-07-2015, 13:49
2 hours in, this isn't too shabby. FFB needs some work (road feel, overall effects), but other than that, it's a really nice F1 racing game.

Driving/physics feels a lot better than F1 2013 (was even able to catch a four wheel slide). Driven on Pro-Settings (TC only).

But I'm getting too old/slow for 8 gear shifting... unfortunately this is not the games fault! :P

Tips:

- just smaa, no taa (blurry like hell)
- max prerendered frames 1 (in nvidia profile) for better wheel response
- motionblur/dof off (see post #141)

Stocky
10-07-2015, 13:58
I purchased F1 2015. I figured a game dedicated to F1 only, should be better than a game dedicated to many different vehicles. I was wrong.

Project cars has more & better garage options.
Project Cars has more & better FFB options.
Project Cars has more tracks.
Project Cars has editable/movable HUD options.
Project Cars lets you navigate menus with a mouse.
Project Cars seems to have better handling.
Project Cars has more options & gameplay settings.
Project Cars is more polished, with a cleaner menu system.

I'm sure there's more that I'm missing, but you get my point.

Honestly, what pulled me in besides the hopes of a great game for F1 2015, was the way you can read the online opponent names (big & bold), from the previews I saw. It's been on my wish list, and that's the only thing I think F1 2015 did right compared to Project Cars. If they had that and maybe a ranking system, the game would be worth it for me. So I went for it. I'm not sure I even care if there is a ranking system or not anymore, because I'm not sure I'll even keep F1 2015 on my computer taking up precious SSD space.

Stocky

marcdxn
10-07-2015, 14:09
I'm expecting mine will have arrived when I get home... 27.99 on amazon for a PC version which gives you a box discs and steam key so at least when you are done with it you can be reminded of how bad it was each time you pass the box on your shelf.

Funny thing with F1 games I've really felt they have all been quite lacking in one way or another each year but I always buy them because I am huge motorsports and F1 fan.

I think when I try it out tonight I won't expect to be blown away and I'm already expecting ill be disappointed its a sad state of affairs when you have bought a game and you already know you will be disappointed but its that love for F1 that keeps me buying it, I just wish another studio would take over the license now I think its time someone else had a crack at an F1 game.

i think the only news that surprised me in this stripped down 2015 release is that they even removed the deployable safety car, that was something many people wanted for sometime when codemasters started the F1 games, its really odd to include it and then remove it from the next gen title.

In the way my friends buy and play every FIFA game every year and i always wonder why on earth they buy it im sure they think the same about me and F1 games but its one of those love hate relationships.. i love F1, i hate the game... i buy it anyway.

Stocky
10-07-2015, 14:17
The safety car would be a nice addition to Project Cars.

The other thing F1 2015 did well was, to remove cars that sit too long on the track, going backwards, etc. That system seems like it would remove some of the online problems.

blowfishrulez
10-07-2015, 14:20

Well, at Steam it sits at the lowest possible recommendation rate of 33%

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286570#app_reviews_hash

Its pretty bad and the CM Forums are on fire right now.

No judgement from my side here, i'm just looking at this as an outsider since i'm not interested in F1 Racing, be it RL or in a game.

kilotango
10-07-2015, 14:25
Well, at Steam it sits at the lowest possible recommendation rate of 33%

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286570#app_reviews_hash

Its pretty bad and the CM Forums are on fire right now.

No judgement from my side here, i'm just looking at this as an outsider since i'm not interested in F1 Racing, be it RL or in a game.

eeep.... 29% of 187 reviews are positive at the moment on steam...... thats hectic

beetes_juice
10-07-2015, 14:26
Yeah the codies forum reminds of this place a few weeks ago lol maybe the mods can go and give them some tips lol

Man I just took a look over there too. Its a storm.

blowfishrulez
10-07-2015, 14:27
Yeah the codies forum reminds of this place a few weeks ago lol maybe the mods can go and give them some tips lol

Yeah, i feel with CM. I wish every developer could avoid the shitstorm that has become sadly common these days.

Disposable_Hero
10-07-2015, 14:32
Maybe they loose the F1 license and it goes back to ISI;)

chig88
10-07-2015, 14:34

Yeah - get it as a 'what not to do'.

chig88
10-07-2015, 14:34
Double post

N0body Of The Goat
10-07-2015, 14:36
I love our Formula A and Formula B, but a little part of me is drawn to F1 2015 for the new rendering engine; the modern hybrid power cars; the full official calendar track list; the online "mini season" if it works.

But I have a ~15 year history of distrust in Codies releasing products, partly fixing them (excluding pretty critical bugs IMO), then they are abandoned.

... First world dilemma of the day!:bi_polo:

About the only thing slightly swaying me is to pay £40 on Steam and use the relatively new refund policy if it disappoints within 2 hours play.

kilotango
10-07-2015, 14:36
Man I just took a look over there too. Its a storm.

you know things are not well when the beginning of a review starts like this:

"Dear Codemasters,

What the hell? I have been a loyal fan of your racing games since 2007........"

miagi
10-07-2015, 14:44
Yeah, i feel with CM. I wish every developer could avoid the shitstorm that has become sadly common these days.
I think they are so common because ppl feel so powerless about unfinished games for years now. But actually things have changed, steam_refunds is a big game changer here. So powerful WB pulled Batman Arkham Knight from Steam. So hopefully in the future we will see less shitstorms and more finished games on release.

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 14:47
Well this is what I saw on my first post

hockeytown1926 Member New Car Smell
2:34PM
Why Project Cars is a broken mess and the developers are all pricks too the customers (check their forum and the head of the Project Cars programmer Ian Bell.........he's an asshole)
·

Seriously!!!!!!

Sounds like a well thought through analysis.

Steam
10-07-2015, 14:55
This guy makes the game look good

http://www.twitch.tv/cembolukbasi

AfterAll14
10-07-2015, 15:06
F1 series from codemasters is a disaster. Its a great example when people are not exited about what they do, they just want money. Unlike pCARS, which is filled with love to autosport in every detail.
pCARS - from car lovers to car lovers.
F1 - from money lovers to F1 fans.

Whisky
10-07-2015, 15:13
i purchased f1 2015 aswell, i played it 2 hours and i guess i will never touch it again.

ffb, graphics, physics, dmg model, Tuning Options, amount of tracks, no carrer mode, no safety car..... EVERYTHING is just horrible. the things i stated aren't nearly everything worse.
in every single aspect Project Cars is better. also there is no mod/dev answering to any complains in their Forum, here you can meet a mod nearly any time, also the "wookie" aswell.
if anyone thinks SMS woulden't care about their customers is wrong.

Project cars is made with love and you can see and feel it
f1 2015 is just a moneygrab....

Pink_650S
10-07-2015, 15:21

Dear SMS,
can we please have these nice spark particles as well? :)
I want them all over my helmet!

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 15:25
Oh my god!

I thought our forum was a challenge. I've just spent 20 minutes at the Codies F1 2015 forum... I honestly don't envy them right now.

Do the dev team post there at all or is it always the community guys?

EDIT - I don't want to go schadenfreude but we are getting a lot of very positive mentions there.

Raven403
10-07-2015, 15:27
Oh my god!

I thought our forum was a challenge. I've just spent 20 minutes at the Codies F1 2015 forum... I honestly don't envy them right now.

EDIT - I don't want to go schadenfreude but we are getting a lot of very positive mentions there.

Yeah, it's not pretty

jgaganas
10-07-2015, 15:31
First patch is out (fixes some CTDs, like the replay/benchmark crash):
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/7613/f1-2015-pc-patch-10-07-15

TheReaper GT
10-07-2015, 15:34
Your infamy is everywhere Ian lol

hauhauhauha, I was watching a mate racing on twitch, one guy starts to bash pcars to death, when some people start to reasoning with the guy he went into full "kill Ian Bell" mode. Boy we had a laugh with that sucker.

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 15:39
hauhauhauha, I was watching a mate racing on twitch, one guy starts to bash pcars to death, when some people start to reasoning with the guy he went into full "kill Ian Bell" mode. Boy we had a laugh with that sucker.

Tell him I said he's an idiot.

Umer Ahmad
10-07-2015, 15:39
How's the AI? Professional or Moldonado?

TheReaper GT
10-07-2015, 15:41
Tell him I said he's an idiot.

Consider done. It will be my pleasure. :D:D

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 15:42
Thanks guys but honestly, I've read two pages of their forums and I can't for the life of me believe it's as bad as the masses are accusing it of being. I know how that works.

I'll know myself in 2 hours (slow download as I'm watching the Ashes to the left of my screen)

Disposable_Hero
10-07-2015, 15:45
Thanks guys but honestly, I've read two pages of their forums and I can't for the life of me believe it's as bad as the masses are accusing it of being. I know how that works.

I'll know myself in 2 hours (slow download as I'm watching the Ashes to the left of my screen)
Will you post a short review here? Would be awesome because you should know a little bit about this stuff;)

Pink_650S
10-07-2015, 15:45
Oh my god!

Lol Schadenfreude! :congratulatory:
Might not be Schadenfreude, more like Stolz, that you guys have developed such an exceptional game, which is very rare nowadays, as we all know. Nothing wrong with being Stolz :)

Maybe its your developer heart speaking that feels the pain of Codemasters. I guess they shouldnt have aimed for July.
On the other hand, though, they mentioned that the game has been in development for 2 1/2 years.

chig88
10-07-2015, 15:46
Oh my god!

You're lucky if any member of Codmasters staff posts there. The new 'Community Manager' posted a few months ago & promised better engagement with fans and a more positive experience. Hasn't been seen or heard from since.

That's why I don't get people complaining about this forum - they don't know how good they've got it.

Roger Prynne
10-07-2015, 15:48
It doesn't really surprise me at all that a lot of peeps are unhappy with F1 2015

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 15:48
You're lucky if any member of Codmasters staff posts there. The new 'Community Manager' posted a few months ago & promised better engagement with fans and a more positive experience. Hasn't been seen or heard from since.

That's why I don't get people complaining about this forum - they don't know how good they've got it.

I'll be honest (as I mostly try to be), if I were a Codies dev I wouldn't go on that forum, at least for a while.

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 15:49
Will you post a short review here? Would be awesome because you should know a little bit about this stuff;)

Ha!, no sorry :) There's nothing but pain to be had there.

xautos
10-07-2015, 15:51
F1 series from codemasters is a disaster. Its a great example when people are not exited about what they do, they just want money. Unlike pCARS, which is filled with love to autosport in every detail.
pCARS - from car lovers to car lovers.
F1 - from money lovers to F1 fans.
which is why when i looked for info the other day i totally checked out, like usual from cm games these days in the racing scene.

Raven403
10-07-2015, 15:52
I'll be honest (as I mostly try to be), if I were a Codies dev I wouldn't go on that forum, at least for a while.

Are you holding CM "Community Manager" hostage? You can tell us, it's a safe place

Olijke Poffer
10-07-2015, 15:53
I did not bought F1 2015 because I have Pcars. Within Pcars we have F1 cars as well. They are amazing to drive with. For me there is no need to learn an other game engine.

Ian Bell
Are you holding CM "Community Manager" hostage? You can tell us, it's a safe place

I honestly feel for him/her.

TheReaper GT

Most important, we'll receive part of the ransom?

SpeedFreakDTM
10-07-2015, 15:56

It really will be that bad. Its codemasters. They never listen, and they certainly dont learn. Anyone's savegame corrupted yet?

I learnt my lesson with Grid 2 and then Autosport...................goodbye Codemasters................Hello SMS.

PeoplesChampion
10-07-2015, 15:56

You guys must get it early.. I don't think it is available here until the 21st. I could be wrong, though.

FA RACING 01
10-07-2015, 15:57
Sounds like the game is a true SIM then, Codies even simulate the crowd's decreasing interest in real life Formula 1. :cool:

TrevorAustin
10-07-2015, 15:58
Any rift DK2 support in there that anybody is aware of.

Looks like they are going to get at least the same level as grief as SMS. Don't envy them.

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 15:58
Sounds like the game is a true SIM then, Codies even simulate the crowd's decreasing interest in real life Formula 1. :cool:

Harsh but funny :)

Disposable_Hero
10-07-2015, 15:59
Sad but true.

girlracerTracey
10-07-2015, 16:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWTrwCJIjQc
Dear SMS,
can we please have these nice spark particles as well? :)
I want them all over my helmet!

You boys..what are you like?

Sounds like a recipe for a frantic trip to casualty to me. :unconscious:

I quite liked the "sparklies" though myself if I am honest..

grT

Pink_650S
10-07-2015, 16:00

Lmao! :glee:

TheReaper GT
10-07-2015, 16:01
I'll never buy a F1 exclusive title anymore, it's my taste and I'll not change it. I've tried F1 2015 on a buddy's PS4 last night, and I didn't like it. Not that is bad, is just not my cup of tea. But there's one ugly thing on the game, the sound. I know that with those eco crap engines they have today, the F1 sound is not what it used to be, but the game took it to a new level of uglyness.

mcbrew
10-07-2015, 16:04
I can`t imagine F1 2015 to be that bad to be honest, I liked the previous codemasters F1 games a lot actually. It`s not pure simulation but it gives you a pretty good feeliing of driving a F1 car imo. I havn`t played 2015 yet but I`ll probably give it a try later.

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 16:05
You guys must get it early.. I don't think it is available here until the 21st. I could be wrong, though.

Yup, shipping today here.

Pink_650S
10-07-2015, 16:07
You must admit, though, the presentation of a Grand Prix is very well done :)
Just saw it on YouTube and l'm actually impressed.

beetes_juice
10-07-2015, 16:10
You must admit, though, the presentation of a Grand Prix is very well done :)
Just saw it on YouTube and l'm actually impressed.

Will give them a plus on the presentation. Just hope it doesn't get stale.

Pink_650S
10-07-2015, 16:12
Will give them a plus on the presentation. Just hope it doesn't get stale.

It will, l'm afraid. Like all things do eventually. :(
But hey, at least they listened to their fans :)

FA RACING 01
10-07-2015, 16:12
Sad but true.

Very very sad yes and it looks like the real life F1 guys cant get a proper patch for the declining interest either. :(

TheReaper GT
10-07-2015, 16:14
Very very sad yes and it looks like the real life F1 guys cant get a proper patch for it either. :(

Yeah, that Mercedes Ai is killing out there.

yusupov
10-07-2015, 16:15
i sure dont recall sparks like that at spa last year...seems really overdone to me. i know one of the races early in the year had quite a bit but cant remember which circuit.

anyway that vid actually manages to make it look fairly appealing for what i'd like it to be, which is just a decent F1 emulator (not sure the right word, i dont expect a sim obv, but something that can make me feel like im actually driving an f1 car without too much suspension of disbelief).

still gonna try to resolve to wait till the first patch & see what its like then. hungary's not for a couple weeks so my patience shouldnt be stretched past the limit there. :)

Umer Ahmad
10-07-2015, 16:16
moved all posts from the other thread to this one. Lets continue to discuss the new Codies F1 game here.

Pink_650S
10-07-2015, 16:17
Very very sad yes and it looks like the real life F1 guys cant get a proper patch for the declining interest either. :(

Well, they asked the real fans for a 'patch'.
It'll be very interesting to see if that survey actually changes anything in the future.

FA RACING 01
10-07-2015, 16:18
Yeah, that Mercedes Ai is killing out there.

Yep. That's why I say PCars is a proper true SIM. The Mercedes A1 in real life do just as good in the rain. Can't do better than that. ;)

TheReaper GT
10-07-2015, 16:20
One question about F1. In real life is pretty clear that mercedes is way better than the other teams/cars. There's no Senna or Schumacher in the world that can bring the other cars to Mercedes level. That been said, the game have to mirror that gap or they have to balance things even if it's not real, hurting the simulation side of it?

yusupov
10-07-2015, 16:22
codemasters do as they should & try to make the cars equivalent to their real life counterparts. not sure how the MP works but that gives both a richer & more immersive single player experience.

beetes_juice
10-07-2015, 16:25
One question about F1. In real life is pretty clear that mercedes is way better than the other teams/cars. There's no Senna or Schumacher in the world that can bring the other cars to Mercedes level. That been said, the game have to mirror that gap or they have to balance things even if it's not real, hurting the simulation side of it?

There is an option in lobby setup (for online, dk about single player) to have all cars with the same performance. Does take the sim factor out of it though.

FA RACING 01
10-07-2015, 16:28

Good question. Think Codies will be better off making them more equal as they should be (in real life) and how people will enjoy them and keep interest.

TheReaper GT
10-07-2015, 16:28
There is an option in lobby setup (for online, dk about single player) to have all cars with the same performance. Does take the sim factor out of it though.

Yeah, I thought so. My point is, if trully simulating 2015 season, makes no sense to play with other cars.

AfterAll14
10-07-2015, 16:33
This is hilarious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75u4TM0ZIU0

beetes_juice
10-07-2015, 16:37
Yeah, I thought so. My point is, if trully simulating 2015 season, makes no sense to play with other cars.

Jumped the gun on my post. Does make sense. I started my career with Honda. Should be interesting how the season pans out.:)

Raven403
10-07-2015, 16:42
Jumped the gun on my post. Does make sense. I started my career with Honda. Should be interesting how the season pans out.:)

Well it's already over I would imagine isn't it?

;)

Pink_650S
10-07-2015, 16:43
http://youtu.be/75u4TM0ZIU0

http://youtu.be/S3XpEYNwXFI

2:05, my thoughts about Tilkedromes exactly ;)

beetes_juice
10-07-2015, 16:44
Well it's already over I would imagine isn't it?

;)

Button will pull through!!!!!! Hahah sitting P12 in FP1 at Melbourne right now. I will give codies credit though....mid session/mid race save feature is nice when you gotta work in the morning.:D

Raven403
10-07-2015, 16:50
Button will pull through!!!!!! Hahah sitting P12 in FP1 at Melbourne right now. I will give codies credit though....mid session/mid race save feature is nice when you gotta work in the morning.:D

Oh that is pretty cool

jgaganas
10-07-2015, 16:51
How's the AI? Professional or Moldonado?

Both.

And AI is too fast in the wet (not joking)! :D

FA RACING 01
10-07-2015, 16:52
That last clip of Pink shows Alonso on the podium. :cool: Really, it's a sign.;)

AfterAll14
10-07-2015, 16:58
Pirelli crap tyres, codies crap game... its definitely a pattern here.

Robbo-92
10-07-2015, 17:44
I'm actually tempted to order myself a copy of F1 2015 for the PS4 for when I get back of holiday, that gives me a little more time to mull it over (and read/watch plenty more stuff about it) before ordering a copy, but from what I've read/seen so far I think (even on a DS4 pad) enjoying the game enough to warrant a purchase.

I'm hoping 2015 really is a turning point for Codemasters, I doubt the game is anywhere near as bad as some people make out on the Codemasters forums (hence why I'm only browsing them, wouldn't dream of posting!) and from some reviews I've read it sounds like they have actually gotten the basics right in the 2015 game which has to be a positive? I'll watch some more footage before committing myself but I think it's going to be a yes at this point.

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 17:45
I'll refrain from reporting back on my opinions.

3800racingfool
10-07-2015, 17:48
I imagine the majority of the complaints and "hate" are just similar to what happened in these forums on pCars release. People buy shiny new thing, thing doesn't do everything and more or has a small nick in it, people go batshit crazy because it's not 100% perfect.

That said, I spent about 5 minutes in the CM forums and had to leave. Not because of the people or what they were saying. But because those forums are HORRIBLE to look at. Thank god for vbulletin.

Bealdor
10-07-2015, 17:49
I'll refrain from reporting back on my opinions.

So the Wookie does not approve? :eek:

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 17:50
So the Wookie odes not approve? :eek:

Honestly, I'm really holding myself, but anyone giving us stick needs a rethink, that's all I'm saying.

yusupov
10-07-2015, 18:03
i ended up picking it up, shoot me. just done a time trial and thats it. by default its practically unplayable bc of the severe chromatic aberration layer; i assume thats post processing but im going to check steam to see if they have more precise tweaks yet. its literally like what being (fairly badly) vision impaired must be like...and maybe the worst aesthetic decision ive ever seen in my gaming life.

other than that...already feels like the same old...but maybe thats not so bad? i think singleplayer races have potential. i got it for $30 and will probably get my moneys worth due to codemasters GOOD decision to release mid-season.

now to wipe the layer of vaseline off my screen...

sergiumtz
10-07-2015, 18:04
I probably speak for everyone when I say this is a shit game. Gave it a try, physics meh, graphics really meh, AI boring but not exactly dumb, but it feels so so sooooooooooooooo arcadey.

I mean, I will 100% buy the new NFS because they don't talk crap like it's a sim and it ends up being a wanna be sim, they go for the fun factor and that's that. Codie to come out and say it's a sim when it's crap it's just too much. Thank god i didn't buy the game.

RoccoTTS
10-07-2015, 18:04
I imagine the majority of the complaints and "hate" are just similar to what happened in these forums on pCars release. People buy shiny new thing, thing doesn't do everything and more or has a small nick in it, people go batshit crazy because it's not 100% perfect.

That's how every racing game forum has been for the last 10 years ;)

chig88
10-07-2015, 18:07
Honestly, I'm really holding myself, but anyone giving us stick needs a rethink, that's all I'm saying.

So any chance of that F1 licence bid? ;)

Robbo-92
10-07-2015, 18:08

But is it as bad as some people would lead others to believe?

chig88
10-07-2015, 18:13
http://youtu.be/75u4TM0ZIU0

http://youtu.be/S3XpEYNwXFI

2:05, my thoughts about Tilkedromes exactly ;)

Haha that 1st video is brilliant. What an absolute crock.

bodyshop
10-07-2015, 18:14

Maybe its about time developers like codemasters stopped releasing poor bugged games and dont even start me on milestone and RIDE and the Moto GP games, they just stick their heads in the sand............... developers are taking the rip right now, codemasters are one of the worst.

Racer Pro
10-07-2015, 18:27
why project cars not have animation in the pit like F1 2015 :(

bodyshop
10-07-2015, 18:32
There seems to be a theme forming this Gen.... wait for game to be released, get hyped, forums get hyped, game gets released........ then wait for patches.... patches get hyped, forums get hyped for patches.......patches get released........wait for next patch......get hyped, forums get hyped.......get patch.....wait for next patch...... Then get told "this will be in 'X' game 2, or 2016"... wait for next game...get hyped, forums get hyped............ yes its THAT DULL NOW ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!

AfterAll14
10-07-2015, 18:34
why project cars not have animation in the pit like F1 2015 :(
Like this one? No thanks.

https://youtu.be/75u4TM0ZIU0?t=1m29s

Raven403
10-07-2015, 18:35
Like this one? No thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75u4TM0ZIU0?t=1m29s

When they WORK they look nice, I'm interested and excited to see the crews in Pcars when they get here

Proteus Maximus
10-07-2015, 18:50

Is it that bad in your honest opinion?

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 18:54
Is it that bad in your honest opinion?

I didn't say that. I'm just saying that those abusing us for what we delivered need to rethink that abuse :)

Proteus Maximus
10-07-2015, 18:57
I didn't say that. I'm just saying that those abusing us for what we delivered need to rethink that abuse :)

For what it's worth I'm enjoying PCars. Put in over 70 hours so far.

bodyshop
10-07-2015, 19:06
Sadly this is the way its going, it can only get worse. Developers paying reviewers and even whole forums which are meant to be impartial and unofficial... its harder to get the truth before you shell out the cash, that fuels the anger even more, then getting silenced on forums etc for raising issues. Codemasters deserve this pain as they are just a money grabbing bunch now days, its a long long way removed form the 2 brothers who started it all those years ago, its now a festering shareholder driven shambles...IMO....

ibby
10-07-2015, 19:07
Just put in my first refund at Steam.

I really love Codies slick UI. That it has Pro-Mode ( a little bit of length adjustment would've been nice though ). That there's lots of comments by commentators+Pit Engineer etc.
The selectable tyre sets are also nice with laps left in them etc.

Main thing for me was camera shake non adjustable = headache
FFB = nothing but a centering spring and canned kerb effect.. zero feel for what the car does. The centering spring just reacts a bit slower in the wet so the cars feel like boats.
Delay betwee wheel and onscreen wheel is too huge. Looks almost like you're remote controlling the car with big delay instead of sitting in it

Umer Ahmad
10-07-2015, 19:16
I do like their theatrics, podium celebration etc.

"That there's lots of comments by commentators+Pit Engineer etc."

Schadows
10-07-2015, 19:32
Well that won't be the game that will make me come back to Codies' F1 games apparently.

Seems they opted for cinematic/TV rendering for the visuals (artistic but not very immersive).
The game has game breaking issue for the moment (input lag with some wheels or simply online lag) but that will probably be resolved in a few weeks ... at least I hope so, for the fans who bought it.

How hard it is to damaged the car (or at least wings and tires) is almost game breaking in my eyes too (because otherwise you don't drive the same way taking the same risks), but pcars is in the same boat, and those 2 games have probably the most easy way to damage cars (that says it all on the competition).

I'm sure people are focusing too much on bugs right now (like it was with pcars) especially the people who never encounter them, or don't own the game.
But the driving feels I get from the videos tells me to stay away from it.

After taking part in the WMD adventure, I can only have a thought for the devs who will be hated by lots of fans, while it probably isn't their fault (at least not completely).

kostek
10-07-2015, 19:54
Can someone please explain me how to get info from engineer on PC?

I press the voice button, then list comes out, then i navigate, and then... should i press something or leave it with just marked question?

marcdxn
10-07-2015, 19:58

My game is seriously broken.
Controllers don't work, i get full on acceleration all the time, apparently this is all platforms that are affected - no one is saying anything yet on the codemasters forum.

jgaganas
10-07-2015, 19:59
Thats a good one: as soon as you hit "Restart Lap" in time-trial, your complete FFB is gone (fanatec csw).

Hotlappers nightmare.

Robbo-92
10-07-2015, 20:03
Thats a good one: as soon as you hit "Restart Lap" in time-trial, your complete FFB is gone (fanatec csw).

Hotlappers nightmare.

Nah, they just want to recreate the pressure of a driver having to nail a single lap :p

Joni Varis
10-07-2015, 20:42
TT lap @ Melbourne with Ferrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkC2-zxTjDg

If they just would ge the awful ffb and the numerous bugs sorted this could actually be nice game to play occasionally.

John Hargreaves
10-07-2015, 21:01
Omg wtf apparently they are already working on the NEXT game and they haven't even fixed this one yet. This is proof that they are pure evil and are cruel to kittens.:rolleyes:

bporion
10-07-2015, 21:17
well thanks to the steam refund policy I just got it , its frigen brutal in the steam forum for the game but i had to give it a try . if its actually that bad its a real shame and will spell the end for their F1 games . but im betting that most of those people just were expecting a perfect game , hell those are the same guys that hated Pcars when it came out so here goes nothing !

Robbo-92
10-07-2015, 21:22
Be sure to let us know how it is! I'm sure it can't be that bad...... Right?