PDA

View Full Version : I feel scared to drive through the porche curves now.

jackd94
07-07-2015, 05:15
Honestly I think the invalidation of the next lap is set way too far back on lemans. I'm no race car driver or anything of the sort, but I can tell you right now, that unless you fuck up on the last corner or come in too slow there is absolutely no way it will affect your next lap time. So why is the start of the porche curves like that?

xautos
07-07-2015, 05:18
which track is this?

sniper8871
07-07-2015, 05:21
which track is this?

24h of le mans

madmax2069
07-07-2015, 05:25
I think it should be done on the final two turns, as there is really no way to effect your next lap time before those turns.

xautos
07-07-2015, 05:31
okay, well im usually coming up about half speed in 4th gear by the time i enter that general area from that short straight past arnage, but im usually flat out through that section before slowing without braking into the next section into maison. some cars are very nervious through that section on default and so its just managing the throttle and your position on the track at that moment. the important thing is to not carry too much speed through some of the sweeping turns otherwise you will overrun the track limits on the small run off on the way out of maison.

OperatorWay
07-07-2015, 05:34
Honestly I think the invalidation of the next lap is set way too far back on lemans...

+1.

wedge_a
07-07-2015, 07:57
I find that on Bathurst too. The Chase can be a very trick section, very easy to get onto the grass, and it invalidates the next lap, despite having zero impact.

milliotseb
07-07-2015, 08:39
Agreed for porsche curves out of track being too sensible. It surprised me the first time I qualified in Le Mans

Sankyo
07-07-2015, 08:46
It's a known thing and was on the list when discussed on WMD. Basically the Invalidate Next Lap trigger is set for the whole third sector for these tracks, while it should only for the last corner.

TrevorAustin
07-07-2015, 09:05
It's a known thing and was on the list when discussed on WMD. Basically the Invalidate Next Lap trigger is set for the whole third section for these tracks, while it should only for the last corner.

That's good news, it's pretty depressing doing 6.5 miles, making a minor mistake and knowing the next 10 miles are a waste of time:)

Marrrfooo
07-07-2015, 09:14
It's a known thing and was on the list when discussed on WMD. Basically the Invalidate Next Lap trigger is set for the whole third section for these tracks, while it should only for the last corner.

Does that mean it's going to be set to last turn for all circuits, certain circuits or...?

Also - does anyone else notice that at least with online practice sessions for a race (Silverstone in this example) a lot of times where you run wide you should get your lap invalidated instead seem to now give you 5 second power cuts instead? Seems a bit odd for me - surely a practice/quali punishment should be lap invalidation? Going wide largely loses you time anyway so I'm not sure I like what appears to be a new policy of applying 5 sec penalties for running half a single cars width wide...

Anyone else?

NemethR
07-07-2015, 09:45
This is a very nice system, I really like it, this rewards the drivers, who stay on the racetrack.
Thumbs up! :yes:

xautos
07-07-2015, 09:58

ive been campaigning for the track limits issues to get a look into, specifically the next lap invalidation before the final turn. its good its getting noticed. because i have a few other suggestions on penalties and other track limit things that could be added.

sVig
07-07-2015, 11:21
I do agree that the next lap being invalidated for going off at the Porsche curves is far too early. Especially considering the speed you go through them in prototypes.

ARNAGEist
07-07-2015, 13:18
I'm with you on the Porsche curves as it's happened to me several times, on occasion it has been a genuine mistake and the back end gets a bit wild, even if you save it you can get stung with 2 invalidated laps for the privilege of not doing a Loic Duval (Youtube it Le Mans 2014) but what about situations like I've had when you're on a hot lap with 5 minutes to go in qualifying & someone spins in front of you or takes you out, you then have no choice but to run wide and loose a good position and end up with the numpties who want to play bumper cars (through no fault of your own, I have been to Le Mans enough times to know about racing there & know what can happen) but to loose the next lap is just plain ridiculous.
Because of the multiple way's a penalty can be given out wrongly-harshly I would propose a better way is to determine if an advantage has been gained (time or position) and then choose to penalize.
Not everyone cuts the track or runs wide deliberately :mad:

LordDRIFT
07-07-2015, 13:37
This is a very nice system, I really like it, this rewards the drivers, who stay on the racetrack.
Thumbs up! :yes:

Pat yourself on the back all you like. Its flawed. it should be at the last corner for all tracks (or predetermined that an advantage can be gain by cutting prior to the last corner - most likely if the last corner can be taken flat out). Haven't driven lemans yet but Bathurst is beyond ridiculous. Leaving the track punishes you for that lap; for an incident that does not affect the next lap why should you be penalized? It only serves to raise the frustration level by wasting your time with a redundant lap. Only good to come from the redundant lap is that I can test the limits without repercussion.

yusupov
07-07-2015, 13:40
of course its flawed but its a big step in the right direction. in my eyes its basically a fix, but still needs to be refined.

LordDRIFT
07-07-2015, 14:17
of course its flawed but its a big step in the right direction. in my eyes its basically a fix, but still needs to be refined.

I've learned to live with it like many things in the game. There are worse things to worry about.

sVig
07-07-2015, 17:38
The thing is you don't gain anytime trying to cut the Porsche curves.

AngelBrow
07-07-2015, 17:51
Wants the limit of getting "cut track /invalidated lap time" during the 24h of le mans? Ive done it twice (only 2h 1%) and after 1.30h i get Disq. for it. And its not like im driving straight over chicanes. I had a few late brakings, i had too high tyre pressure during the night and wasnt getting any heat in them and was sliding around a bit. But from my perspectiv i havent done any gains...

Next time it will be with penalties off. Then im in the same league as the AI ;)