PDA

View Full Version : Force Feedback Setup G27

Trance
07-07-2015, 05:31
Hi guys!!
Could anyone please give me a nice setup on the ffb for my g27? Not the car setup, not the specific car ffb, just the overall ffb configuration.
I tried a lot of things and i am not confortable with nothing.

Thanks in advance!!
Regards!!

thepharcyde
07-07-2015, 11:00
Do a search, this has been covered time and time again :)

SpeedDog
07-07-2015, 11:11
With no real result that I can find. Tried them all none work as I expect FFB to work

burma243
07-07-2015, 11:50
hi speedog don't bother even looking they are only workarounds for the messed up patch 1.4 that messed up the g27 ffb believe me I've spent many hours trying all sorts of settings i have give up now, more hours trying to fix than playing it. good luck on you search

Lars Rosenquist
07-07-2015, 12:07
The settings in my signature (see below) work for me. :)

Kunal_Racedriver
07-07-2015, 12:39
I was running fine on defaults before 1.4. After 1.4 patch, I reset my controller settings leading to heavy centering force issue. For this you'll have to use a lower tire force and play with certain FFB parameters, which are not common among users.

As for me, Logitech Profiler's Overall strength is at 100%. Rotation 900 deg, Allow games to adjust is on, Rest all settings at 0 and disabled.
In game FFB is at 100 and tyre force is at 39.
After this the major change for me is made by Soft Clipping values. Half is set at 1.5 and Full is set at around 7.2 . From what I understood these values distribute the range of high to low forces. I thought of it being synonymous with Curves/ level adjustment of Black/White values on a historgram in an application like Photoshop:p. It is recommended to use Wheelcheck to put deadzone and fallof values as well. I tried the given value of .16 and .08 but to the contrary found the results better without it.

Current status of the game needs you to test and find a suitable value that suits to you personally. It may be frustrating but that good setting is there :eagerness:. Just keep testing one value at a time and see how it feels.

rocafella1978
22-07-2015, 00:31
The settings in my signature (see below) work for me. :)

@Lars, do you know, why we can't adjust value finer values on PS4? i wanted to try your settings, but can't get to the values...only higher or lower, due to the 0.04 or 0.06 increments only...and when i get close to your settings with G29 on my PS4, just driving out I get LEFT+RIGHT+LEFT+RIGHT every second or less, wheel jerking back and forth.

rocafella1978
22-07-2015, 00:32
I was running fine on defaults before 1.4. After 1.4 patch, I reset my controller settings leading to heavy centering force issue. For this you'll have to use a lower tire force and play with certain FFB parameters, which are not common among users.

As for me, Logitech Profiler's Overall strength is at 100%. Rotation 900 deg, Allow games to adjust is on, Rest all settings at 0 and disabled.
In game FFB is at 100 and tyre force is at 39.
After this the major change for me is made by Soft Clipping values. Half is set at 1.5 and Full is set at around 7.2 . From what I understood these values distribute the range of high to low forces. I thought of it being synonymous with Curves/ level adjustment of Black/White values on a historgram in an application like Photoshop:p. It is recommended to use Wheelcheck to put deadzone and fallof values as well. I tried the given value of .16 and .08 but to the contrary found the results better without it.

Current status of the game needs you to test and find a suitable value that suits to you personally. It may be frustrating but that good setting is there :eagerness:. Just keep testing one value at a time and see how it feels.

I am on a G29+PS4, but just a question, to understand FFB telemetry, when I drive, the YELLOW line is perfectly fine and when i hit curbs it is nicely going along as in the video below explained:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMXSNDwaWLg&app=desktop

but when I turn into a RIGHT HAND CORNER/ CURVE I get complete flat line on top of the FFB box, until i straighten or go left again. so only flat line when turning wheel to the right. what does that mean and how do I fix that?