PDA

View Full Version : Feel the road and tires ... how?

DesmoPT
07-07-2015, 07:26
Hello!

First thing i have to say is that project Cars is awesome. Took me 40 years to actually play a game that delivers on all fronts - Congrats to everyone involved!
Now my question, i have a T300RS and after reading lots of info about it i am very confused. I need to feel the road and specially what the tires are doing, are they skidding? is there a bump on the road? am i losing the front or the rear? ... i canīt get that feeling thru the wheel.
Can anyone be kind enough to tell me which settings i must use to feel the tires more thru my wheel? i have set the force feedback 100% and road 100%.

Thanks guys

rams1de
07-07-2015, 07:33
Try the settings in the first post of the sticky at the top of this forum. Tyre Force is very strong through the T300, turn it down until the wheel feels good, anything from 30-70 depending on how much wrestling you enjoy.

ChrisK
07-07-2015, 07:38
Tyre force is overpowering everything. Turn it down and use Jack spades settings.

DesmoPT
07-07-2015, 07:49
Tyre force is overpowering everything. Turn it down and use Jack spades settings.

Jack spades? where can i find that mate? there is a huge post rearding wheel settings but it seems a bit confusing for me - probably language related issue :)

Ryzza5
07-07-2015, 07:54
https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=site%3Aforum.projectcarsgame.com%20jack%20spade&es_th=1

ChrisK
07-07-2015, 07:57
Jack spades? where can i find that mate? there is a huge post rearding wheel settings but it seems a bit confusing for me - probably language related issue :)

Link above. I use the sop lateral settings I think it's called.
Let me know if you need a hand with it, I have the same wheel. Just re,ember that the Jack spade settings are per car, not global. So you will need to enter them fir each car you use in your garage.

DesmoPT
07-07-2015, 08:08
Link above. I use the sop lateral settings I think it's called.
Let me know if you need a hand with it, I have the same wheel. Just re,ember that the Jack spade settings are per car, not global. So you will need to enter them fir each car you use in your garage.

Thanks Chris! i have downloaded that table but i have a question though, when you reset your wheel, everything goes to default right? so on the global settings (not per car) do i change anything or leave it as it is? you said tyre force is overpowering everything but if i recall the Jack Spade settings say to leave tyre force at 100%...

rams1de
07-07-2015, 08:38
Thanks Chris! i have downloaded that table but i have a question though, when you reset your wheel, everything goes to default right? so on the global settings (not per car) do i change anything or leave it as it is? you said tyre force is overpowering everything but if i recall the Jack Spade settings say to leave tyre force at 100%...

There should be a sheet with global settings. Relative Adjust and Scoop settings are very important for the rest to work as intended.

Set FFB to 100% but reduce Tyre Force, the amount to reduce is dependant on wheel and personal preference. Try the range I suggested earlier.

DesmoPT
07-07-2015, 10:07
There should be a sheet with global settings. Relative Adjust and Scoop settings are very important for the rest to work as intended.

Set FFB to 100% but reduce Tyre Force, the amount to reduce is dependant on wheel and personal preference. Try the range I suggested earlier.

Thanks Rams1de, will try later when i get home. Love the game but still have no experience proper feel for the car :)

Sankyo
07-07-2015, 10:43
Keep in mind though that the road surface in pCARS is basically smooth, i.e. it doesn't have the 'microstructure' of real asphalt that causes high-frequency rumble. Only when there are bumps or undulations in the track surface, you'll feel FFB in pCARS. There is no canned road surface effect in the game, so when driving over a flat piece of asphalt you'll get no FFB from the road.

DesmoPT
07-07-2015, 11:00
Keep in mind though that the road surface in pCARS is basically smooth, i.e. it doesn't have the 'microstructure' of real asphalt that causes high-frequency rumble. Only when there are bumps or undulations in the track surface, you'll feel FFB in pCARS. There is no canned road surface effect in the game, so when driving over a flat piece of asphalt you'll get no FFB from the road.

Ooops ... probably thatīs something iīm missing too. My racing background goes more into rally games, and usually on those you feel every inch of the track.
Will have that in mind.
Iīll be happy though if i can feel at least what the tires are doing.

grant575
07-07-2015, 13:39
Where is the FFB slider? I only see the tyre force slider(and the rest of them).

Sankyo
07-07-2015, 13:42
Where is the FFB slider? I only see the tyre force slider(and the rest of them).
The general FFB strength slider is in the Controls menu.

The car-specific FFB paramters that allow to customize the FFB in-depth are in the garage section for each car, Force feedback tab.

LordDRIFT
07-07-2015, 14:09
here is a layman cheat sheet that has worked for me:

Leave the calibration settings default. Take a FR road car on a dynamic track where you can start practice with warm tires.

master scale = volume control for:
Fx = Braking/acceleration forces - most felt while braking or accelerating with the wheel turned.
Fy = lateral feel . steering weight while turning
Fz = road feel , kerbs bumps , etc
Mz = front tire behavior. In simple terms how light the steering goes when grip is lost , cresting a hill , going airborn, skipping over bumps etc

If all these things are equal they can drown each other out. These are all front tire settings.

Turn all of these to zero
Turn mz to max
Drive the car - note the effect
turn mz to min
drive the car - note the effect
turn mz to mid
drive the car - note the effect
Then increase mz , decrease or leave alone based on what you have learned until YOU LIKE THE EFFECT.

Leave mz to where you like it . Repeat above in this order : fy, fz, fx
As you adjust the forces will try to work against each other, but now you know what they do so you can compensate to bring out the effects that YOU WOULD PREFER TO BRING OUT.
These same setting you have arrived at can be applied to every car. Adjust fy based on the specific car's steering weight (you may find the need to adjust based on tires as well). Adjust master scale to raise lower intensity of all combined effects (I don't recommend this)

For more rear feel move to the body /sop settings
Only adjust the SOP settings . Perform the same exercise as above.

Most of my cars end up looking like this for my taste:

master scale = 26
Fx = 70
Fy = 28
Fz = 120
Mz = 100

sop scale = 26
sop lat = 70
sop diff = 120

Just to give an idea how settings can vary by wheel im on my second t300, my first one had these same settings with master scales set at 34 and were probably still a bit weaker

DesmoPT
07-07-2015, 16:06
Interesting information LordDrift... will test it and hope to get better results of what iīve been getting. Thanks again.

centurian
07-07-2015, 16:11
Here's a good video that may help to get that feeling you're looking for :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjI3rXHOR4

DesmoPT
07-07-2015, 18:09
Thatīs a nice video, thatīs exactly my grips with this game is getting exactly what the car is doing out of the wheel, that help me act and react accordingly.
Will do some testing ina couple of hours and i hope to get there :)

DesmoPT
08-07-2015, 07:32
Not trying to keep this post alive ... just to thank the people that posted here trying to help.

After tweaking lots of stuff last night my conclusion is that setting the force feedback to 100% and tyre force to 75% with the Jack Spade SoP settings the car felt amazing. Weird not having any feeling from the wheel on a straight line but everything else felt so much better than before.
I have one question though, with all these changes i can feel/hear the wheel fan working most of the time - does this happens to everyone else? will it shorten the wheel lifetime?
Thanks!!

JohnSchoonsBeard
08-07-2015, 12:26
Not trying to keep this post alive ... just to thank the people that posted here trying to help.

After tweaking lots of stuff last night my conclusion is that setting the force feedback to 100% and tyre force to 75% with the Jack Spade SoP settings the car felt amazing. Weird not having any feeling from the wheel on a straight line but everything else felt so much better than before.
I have one question though, with all these changes i can feel/hear the wheel fan working most of the time - does this happens to everyone else? will it shorten the wheel lifetime?
Thanks!!

There is an update to the firmware for the T300 wheels which I believe changes fan use. If that's the wheel you're using connect it to a PC and update from there.

I had tyre force reduced to 80 for v1.4. However from what I've read for v2.0 lowering the tyre force even more may improve the central spring power. On PC (not necessarily relevant for PS4) many are setting tyre force as low as 10 for the wheel. There do seem to be conflicting recommendations from various people.

I have the Jack Spade SOP settings selected for most cars. However I believe he has updated his settings a few times since I entered those. I don't have much time for testing FFB settings so tend to prefer using someone elses work. I do have a couple of cars using his 66% setting and will try that on a few other cars.

I'm also looking forward to the presets that are coming in a future update.

wyldanimal
08-07-2015, 15:58
Hello!

First thing i have to say is that project Cars is awesome. Took me 40 years to actually play a game that delivers on all fronts - Congrats to everyone involved!
Now my question, i have a T300RS and after reading lots of info about it i am very confused. I need to feel the road and specially what the tires are doing, are they skidding? is there a bump on the road? am i losing the front or the rear? ... i canīt get that feeling thru the wheel.
Can anyone be kind enough to tell me which settings i must use to feel the tires more thru my wheel? i have set the force feedback 100% and road 100%.

Thanks guys

another set of examples..
See my Post here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post994281

I show 5 different video setups,
from Light Wheel Weight with full feeling, to Very Heavy wheel weight with limited feeling.

I prefer a medium weight with full feeling.
also - re-posted in this thread.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34129-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-2-0-Release-notes&p=1035741&viewfull=1#post1035741

a quote from someone who tried them:

Tried these settings as well....
It was ...different. I felt the wheel was way too light for me (used the suggested last setting), but on the other hand, it emphasized so many little things like a magnifying glass .
Bumps, brakes, locked wheels, curves, accelerations. For me personally, too much "noise" on FFB and less road feel. Not that its not there, there is just a lot of things happening at once.

LordDRIFT
08-07-2015, 16:15
Funny after 2.0 I'm back to the drawing board. My settings above were derived from TF 100 and FFB 80 . After 2.0 the centering spring is unbearable through turns. Ill try 100 ffb and lower TF tonight to see how it works. I'm pretty bummed :(

delahosh
08-07-2015, 19:16
My Settings for the T500RS:

FFB : 100
TF : 40

IMPORTANT:
Skoop Knee : 0
Skoop Reduction : 0

Have Fun @all