PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster shutting off.

Crazy Stiggy
07-07-2015, 10:33
Last night I am doing a 10 lap race online and leading from the half way mark when the second player guy hits me on the last lap but waits to give me the position back, I get back onto the track and accidently lose it on the following corner and hit the wall. This is when my Thrustmaster TX shuts off completely. I had to unplug the USB to get it to switch back on. Is this a Xbox One, Pcars or a Thrustmaster problem. I heard this has happened to others too while playing PCars. I had to rage quit after that so frustrating to have such an awesome race only to have your car lose power:p I expect this from F1 2015 but not Pcars;)
I couldn't find any other threads about it. Hopefully this wont happen again and a patch is on the way for this as well as the losing FFB when inviting friends.

Sankyo
07-07-2015, 10:46
So did the hit against the wall give a large FFB jolt?

FA RACING 01
07-07-2015, 11:09

For what it's worth, same happened to me twice before at Oultan Park in the Clio, but only pre patch 1.4. The wheel turns violently to the left and then don't respond to any buttons for about 20 to 30 seconds. If you then [after 30 seconds] pause the game, the wheel centres again, but shows no response when you try to resume the race. Exit and restart is the only option. As mentioned, it didn't happen again post 1.4, although I have hit a few walls again. ;)

Crazy Stiggy
07-07-2015, 11:15

Can't remember but I know it wasn't a hard hit.

Dynomight Motorsports
07-07-2015, 17:54
I don't know if this is related but I've had issues with the break-away ( barrel) connector causing loss of power, ie lights go out. I thought my USBs were bad but that connection is the issue. It's since been fixed, but it never effected me in game, only on XB start up! However, the wheel will shut down during use if it overheats. Make sure your firmware is up to date.

I4G0tMyGamertag
08-07-2015, 20:34
I had a similar issue recently and have been going back and forth with Thrustmaster to get the resolution finalized.

What I found was happening, was that anytime you went past the "virtual stopper", it triggered the wheel to reset and/or turn off. Ie.: If you have your wheel set to a 360 degree rotation (180 each way), if you go say 200-210 degrees (20-30 over the "virtual stopper"), this can trigger a reset. What else I found was that if you are say at 170 of the 180 "virtual stopper" mark, and you trigger a force feedback reaction that could itself take the wheel past the "virtual stopper", it will trigger the same reset/power off.

My final resolution from Thrustmaster was to cut the USB cable off the back to make my wheel inoperable, and they're sending me a new one. This was after we went through the entire troubleshooting process. DO NOT CUT YOUR USB CORD UNLESS THEY TELL YOU TO!

I have asked them if there is anything I can do in the future to prevent this from happening or if this was just a defective wheel or something else that happened. I have not got a response back on that yet.

I'm curious if this is the issue you're experiencing?

Dynomight Motorsports
09-07-2015, 00:09
Can I have your USB cable?

TommyGamerV12
03-07-2016, 19:23
I had a similar issue recently and have been going back and forth with Thrustmaster to get the resolution finalized.

What I found was happening, was that anytime you went past the "virtual stopper", it triggered the wheel to reset and/or turn off. Ie.: If you have your wheel set to a 360 degree rotation (180 each way), if you go say 200-210 degrees (20-30 over the "virtual stopper"), this can trigger a reset. What else I found was that if you are say at 170 of the 180 "virtual stopper" mark, and you trigger a force feedback reaction that could itself take the wheel past the "virtual stopper", it will trigger the same reset/power off.

My final resolution from Thrustmaster was to cut the USB cable off the back to make my wheel inoperable, and they're sending me a new one. This was after we went through the entire troubleshooting process. DO NOT CUT YOUR USB CORD UNLESS THEY TELL YOU TO!

I have asked them if there is anything I can do in the future to prevent this from happening or if this was just a defective wheel or something else that happened. I have not got a response back on that yet.

I'm curious if this is the issue you're experiencing?

Is there anyway i could get this USB replacement without needing to contact Thrustmaster?? I have tried to make my wheel work properly and i found out it shuts off because of a problem with my USB connector, it worked from some time once but then suddenly it shut off... Thanks for the help! ;)

Schnizz58
05-07-2016, 19:45
Is there anyway i could get this USB replacement without needing to contact Thrustmaster?? I have tried to make my wheel work properly and i found out it shuts off because of a problem with my USB connector, it worked from some time once but then suddenly it shut off... Thanks for the help! ;)

Yes (https://www.amazon.com/Trenro-Wired-Controller-Breakaway-Xbox-360/dp/B0055464UQ)

RoccoTTS
06-07-2016, 13:04
Yes (https://www.amazon.com/Trenro-Wired-Controller-Breakaway-Xbox-360/dp/B0055464UQ)

A few months ago i had the same problem and i bought this cable and the problem was solved.