PDA

View Full Version : No smoke in mirrors.

fa-racing
07-07-2015, 12:57
I have noticed that there is no tire smoke in either the virtual mirror or the car mirror.

Diablo944
07-07-2015, 13:34
Have you noticed that the draw distance is really crap and that the mirror is nowhere near as polished as the rest of the game graphically? Adding tyre smoke to the mirror would likely make it worse, I would settle for less pop up (or whatever the reverse of pop up is called). Seeing large things like buildings or stands disappear like they were just teleported to another dimension is disconcerting enough for me to look at the mirror as little as possible. The reverse pop up ruins any illisions of reality.

fa-racing
07-07-2015, 15:56
Have you noticed that the draw distance is really crap and that the mirror is nowhere near as polished as the rest of the game graphically? Adding tyre smoke to the mirror would likely make it worse, I would settle for less pop up (or whatever the reverse of pop up is called). Seeing large things like buildings or stands disappear like they were just teleported to another dimension is disconcerting enough for me to look at the mirror as little as possible. The reverse pop up ruins any illisions of reality.

The smoke was there pre 1.4 though??

VBR
07-07-2015, 16:33
I would settle for less pop up (or whatever the reverse of pop up is called). Seeing large things like buildings or stands disappear like they were just teleported to another dimension is disconcerting enough for me to look at the mirror as little as possible. The reverse pop up ruins any illisions of reality.

I like to call it pop down.

;)

chase66down
07-07-2015, 17:08
Yep smoke present pre patch 2

madmax2069
07-07-2015, 17:15
Yep smoke present pre patch 2

The 1.4 update is when I noticed when smoke in the mirrors no longer appeared, as well as the reduced draw distance in the mirrors with cars and track alike. Ever since launch the mirrors havent showed headlights of cars behind you.

chase66down
07-07-2015, 18:50
Defo seen lots of times, mainly mine after a bit of a lock up, it hangs around abit then fades away. The smoke works.

madmax2069
07-07-2015, 19:00
Defo seen lots of times, mainly mine after a bit of a lock up, it hangs around abit then fades away. The smoke works.

The smoke works (only if you're using the behind the car view or look back manually, or view it from a car in front of you) but doesn't show up in the mirrors.

wyldanimal
07-07-2015, 19:43
Draw distance in the Mirrors is poor..
I wouldn't care so much about the scenery, as I do about the cars behind me...
check the Mirror, and all is clear, cut over and slow down for the corner.
then next thing you get rammed up from behind.

and when running a multi-class race, Different head lamp colors in the mirror so you can tell what class that car is..
sorry, slightly off topic..

madmax2069
07-07-2015, 20:00

and when running a multi-class race, Different head lamp colors in the mirror so you can tell what class that car is..
sorry, slightly off topic..

Thats not off topic really being that its all apart of the issues with the mirrors being they they are borderline useless unless the person behind you is already driving up your tailpipe or bumper.

Goresh
07-07-2015, 21:54

I experienced this just today. Could hear a car behind me but mirror showed nothing.

chase66down
07-07-2015, 23:28
The smoke works (only if you're using the behind the car view or look back manually, or view it from a car in front of you) but doesn't show up in the mirrors.

sorry seen lots of times, bumper cam in the virtual mirror and quite far back so draw distance good too. Not a fanboy if it works it works, dont know if dosnt in a different view not tried. Pre patch 2 mind!

Pyromaniak666
08-07-2015, 12:35
This video sums up all these small bits, that Orange Mclaren, can't see it anywhere near me but on the rear view mirror, the car that overtakes me, seems like a Z4 but it's actually an Aston or is it? When a replay shows something different from what you did, it calls for a bug that needs to be squashed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffS4zVIIHlM&feature=youtu.be

madmax2069
08-07-2015, 17:42
sorry seen lots of times, bumper cam in the virtual mirror and quite far back so draw distance good too. Not a fanboy if it works it works, dont know if dosnt in a different view not tried. Pre patch 2 mind!

What are you on about, Im on the same platform you're on. And it doesn't show up in the virtual mirror regardless what view mode im in

2stains
08-07-2015, 23:29
Atleast your mirrors are working, mine are just black.!!

Pyromaniak666
09-07-2015, 08:06
Atleast your mirrors are working, mine are just black.!!

Do you race often, perhaps we can have a session and make lots of smoke

Iamlegion
09-07-2015, 10:53
This video sums up all these small bits, that Orange Mclaren, can't see it anywhere near me but on the rear view mirror, the car that overtakes me, seems like a Z4 but it's actually an Aston or is it? When a replay shows something different from what you did, it calls for a bug that needs to be squashed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffS4zVIIHlM&feature=youtu.be

To me it looks like he's hiding in the right part of the rear view mirror, which is blocked by the FOV, no?
Frankly, I don't know what you're talking about..

Edit: oh, sorry, just saw the McLaren showing up in mirror and not in replay... lag maybe?