PDA

View Full Version : Lets get non-leaderboard cars into Top 100

ronajem
07-07-2015, 14:47
Hello Guys, I tend not to post anything. In this instance who would be up for trying to stick some non leaderboard cars into the top 100 especially in the GT Class. If you are add me tango_iced.

The aim is to try and tune together and attack the leaderboards. All clean stuff.

Very interesting challenge dont you think?

P.S Got the BMW Z4 GT3 to do a 1.31.7 at Oulton Park. I am sure we can get it higher up the leader boards.

FA RACING 01
07-07-2015, 15:26
Sounds like a challenge. Just for clarity, can you define non-leaderboard cars. Including all not in the top spots?

ronajem
07-07-2015, 15:38
Sounds like a challenge. Just for clarity, can you define non-leaderboard cars. Including all not in the top spots?

I would define a non leaderboard car as a car which isnt represented in the top 20 of times set on a specific track. Go for it. I feel very good having got that time in a BMW Z4. Give it ago.

EMW Simmo
07-07-2015, 17:15
Hello Guys, I tend not to post anything. In this instance who would be up for trying to stick some non leaderboard cars into the top 100 especially in the GT Class. If you are add me tango_iced.

The aim is to try and tune together and attack the leaderboards. All clean stuff.

Very interesting challenge dont you think?

P.S Got the BMW Z4 GT3 to do a 1.31.7 at Oulton Park. I am sure we can get it higher up the leader boards.
Hows about sms just seperate the classes on timetrial, or is that a crazy idea?...

FoxMulder
07-07-2015, 17:17
Hows about sms just seperate the classes on timetrial, or is that a crazy idea?...

You must be a madman.

Charles Gillen
07-07-2015, 17:33
Cool idea, but I dont see a GT3 car besting GT1 cars at all. Would be nice to have the LBs separated so you can set times in the lesser classes.

Charles

ronajem
07-07-2015, 18:42
Cool idea, but I dont see a GT3 car besting GT1 cars at all. Would be nice to have the LBs separated so you can set times in the lesser classes.

Charles
Yes YEs yes, sms havent sorted breakfast,lunch or dinner....I dont care. My suggestion is something we can all do now, its a little challenge....I have set a top 100 time using a non leaderboard car...I am happy...if you want to be happy set a top 100 time with a non leaderboard car. So far only one other guy has managed it with a 1.31.3...i am quiet sure He/she is very happy. Lol

FA RACING 01
07-07-2015, 18:45

Not crazy at all. That would be real great, each class his own.

choupolo
08-07-2015, 01:33
Gave it a try tonight - and am on 1:33.8 currently. More time to find! :D

OperatorWay
08-07-2015, 01:43
I don't know how the Time Trial leaderboards work on consoles, but the PC Time Trial leaderboards (http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard) are separated by each individual car for every track.

Deadzone
08-07-2015, 01:59
I don't know how the Time Trial leaderboards work on consoles, but the PC Time Trial leaderboards (http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard) are separated by each individual car for every track.

Ok, you can stop rubbing it in. :)

DUST2DEATH
08-07-2015, 03:32

They cant. MS and Sony dictate how the leaderboards work on consoles and that is per class/per track.

it isnt going to happen, sorry. If you really want the individual boards, you have one option. Move to PC.

ronajem
08-07-2015, 09:43

Thats the spirit....A bit more time to find keep going.

ports
08-07-2015, 10:36
They cant. MS and Sony dictate how the leaderboards work on consoles and that is per class/per track.

it isnt going to happen, sorry. If you really want the individual boards, you have one option. Move to PC.

So why has Driveclub got individual leaderboards for every car and track

Bealdor
08-07-2015, 10:38
So why has Driveclub got individual leaderboards for every car and track

I'm taking a keen guess but I'd say it's because they're a first party title.

ronajem
08-07-2015, 16:53

Also give Sakitto a go, I just run a top 100 time in the BMW Z4 GT3. Get at me later for the tune.

choupolo
08-07-2015, 17:06
I'm still not that confident during quick changes of direction in the chicanes at Oulton, and so I think I'm slowing down too much at Brittens and Hislops. So currently trying to stabilise the rear under deceleration and over bumps.

At the same time I'm trying to get a better turning arc through the fast corners eg. Old hall and Cascades, so I can carry more speed there. Mechanical balance vs aero balance I guess.

I'll give Sakitto a go too, not much of a multi-tasker though! :D

ronajem
08-07-2015, 21:53
I'm still not that confident during quick changes of direction in the chicanes at Oulton, and so I think I'm slowing down too much at Brittens and Hislops. So currently trying to stabilise the rear under deceleration and over bumps.

At the same time I'm trying to get a better turning arc through the fast corners eg. Old hall and Cascades, so I can carry more speed there. Mechanical balance vs aero balance I guess.

I'll give Sakitto a go too, not much of a multi-tasker though! :D

Next time your online give me a shout and I will give some pointers on the setup.

ronajem
09-07-2015, 09:36

I am not sure about this, maybe you can clarify since your on PC. It seems to me the times on the PS4 are faster than the equivalent PC time. I am not too fast but fast enough. The time I set in Oulton Park International will top your leaderboards. 1.31.725.
Have a little look and confirm if you can or anyone on the pc can kindly confirm this. I did it in the BMW Z4 GT3.

OperatorWay
09-07-2015, 09:57
I am not sure about this, maybe you can clarify since your on PC. It seems to me the times on the PS4 are faster than the equivalent PC time. I am not too fast but fast enough. The time I set in Oulton Park International will top your leaderboards. 1.31.725.
Have a little look and confirm if you can or anyone on the pc can kindly confirm this. I did it in the BMW Z4 GT3.

Many (maybe most) of the PC Time Trial leaderboards aren't very full yet, so it's not too difficult for semi-fast drivers to get top rankings.

Since the PC leaderboards are separate for each car model, it's not too hard to find obscure car + track combinations that almost nobody has run Time Trials for yet. Oulton Park International currently only has 82 total Time Trial leaderboard entries for the BMW Z4 GT3.

I'm guessing that much of the PC crowd mainly sticks to private league lobbies and isn't collectively as focused on Time Trials as many console racers are.

Plus, I think some folks on the PC side might be waiting for a possible leaderboard wipe after more track-cutting fixes are implemented before they attack the Time Trials.

ports
09-07-2015, 11:28
I'm taking a keen guess but I'd say it's because they're a first party title.

You might be right but the way they do it is there is only one leaderboard but there is a slider at the top that you can click to change to whatever car you want to check TT times / friends times works very well hope we get something similar we can only hope.

DUST2DEATH
10-07-2015, 02:05
Many (maybe most) of the PC Time Trial leaderboards aren't very full yet, so it's not too difficult for semi-fast drivers to get top rankings.

Since the PC leaderboards are separate for each car model, it's not too hard to find obscure car + track combinations that almost nobody has run Time Trials for yet. Oulton Park International currently only has 82 total Time Trial leaderboard entries for the BMW Z4 GT3.

I'm guessing that much of the PC crowd mainly sticks to private league lobbies and isn't collectively as focused on Time Trials as many console racers are.

Plus, I think some folks on the PC side might be waiting for a possible leaderboard wipe after more track-cutting fixes are implemented before they attack the Time Trials.

Seperate leaderboards per car/per track lead to 'less' entries as it takes longer to fill the boards.

Aside from that, we arent running the boards yet because of how badly cut detection is. pretty much that simple.

Another factor would be a lot of us are sick of waiting and have as such renewed iracing subs etc.

MikeyTT
13-07-2015, 14:52
Not entirely sure I understand what you're looking for, but I'll give the Z4 an outing next time I'm in pCars @ Oulton of course ;)

I tend to spend a fair bit of time in Time Trials, MP is just too hit and miss currently. I just dropped these into excel from the leaderboard times as of yesterday:

Still work to do, and I think there is plenty of time left in almost all of the P1 times; many are default setup and the custom ones I've not spent a lot of time on.

*Edit: Hmmm, so I got about 30-40 mins in last night and didn't really string together a proper decent lap. Not happy I'm sat at a 1:34 though. Reckon that would drop to a high 1:32 with a clean lap, then it's just lappage and trying different lines to get it lower, or setup tweaks obviously. The 1:31.xxx is a pretty quick lap. I really don't like the Z4, never really got on with it in development for some reason. Might just switch to the Bentley and see if I can get into the 1:31s with that instead.

ronajem
14-07-2015, 23:03
Not entirely sure I understand what you're looking for, but I'll give the Z4 an outing next time I'm in pCars @ Oulton of course ;)

I tend to spend a fair bit of time in Time Trials, MP is just too hit and miss currently. I just dropped these into excel from the leaderboard times as of yesterday:

Still work to do, and I think there is plenty of time left in almost all of the P1 times; many are default setup and the custom ones I've not spent a lot of time on.

*Edit: Hmmm, so I got about 30-40 mins in last night and didn't really string together a proper decent lap. Not happy I'm sat at a 1:34 though. Reckon that would drop to a high 1:32 with a clean lap, then it's just lappage and trying different lines to get it lower, or setup tweaks obviously. The 1:31.xxx is a pretty quick lap. I really don't like the Z4, never really got on with it in development for some reason. Might just switch to the Bentley and see if I can get into the 1:31s with that instead.

Hey MikeyTT, I doubt the Bentley would be able to touch the times of the Z4. The idea was to get unusual cars in the top100. I now realise the PC version of the game has different leaderboard settings. You pretty much have a leaderboard for each car and track combo.

So yeah go for the time, have some fun doing it. 31.5 is the max i think, do your best.

choupolo
15-07-2015, 14:02
Had an epiphany and managed to hit a 1:32.2. Just had to stabilise the rear a little bit so I had confidence to enter the chicanes with some speed without compromising the exit or losing the back end.

I only reduced rear tyre pressures by 0.5 and increased rear toe by 0.1 - just to get rid of that slight turn in oversteer when still decelerating.

I'm often 2 or 3 tenths up but can just never string the lap together. But I'm happy with that for now! :D

I'm sure there are more setup tweaks that would help carry speed through the faster corners, and get rid of some of the bounce when coming off the brakes and turning in. At the moment I have to be very gradual with all the controls to avoid this and I get over cautious.

I think I have to stiffen some slow bump and rebound but when I start messing with suspension I always seem to make things worse!

EDIT: 1:31.978. :D After increased front wing, reduced camber, stiffened slow bump and rebound, increased LSD decel, stiffened front sway.

ronajem
16-07-2015, 12:37
EDIT: 1:31.978. :D After increased front wing, reduced camber, stiffened slow bump and rebound, increased LSD decel, stiffened front sway.[/QUOTE]

That is excellent..well done. Not easy to get into the 1.31.xxx but well done for that time. I will tweak my settings and see if i can improve on my time.

MikeyTT
20-07-2015, 10:13
Hey MikeyTT, I doubt the Bentley would be able to touch the times of the Z4. The idea was to get unusual cars in the top100. I now realise the PC version of the game has different leaderboard settings. You pretty much have a leaderboard for each car and track combo.

So yeah go for the time, have some fun doing it. 31.5 is the max i think, do your best.

For some reason I never liked the Z4 in development and I just don't get along with it now. Normally I can get within a sec or two quite quickly and start to eat into any time difference. But I'm really struggling with this.

So far I've only increased the front wing and tweaked the tyre pressures (probably too much), but a lap that's on the ragged edge is only getting me a 1:33:2, and more consistently a 1:34 flat. I have no idea how "sus" managed a 1:31.8 with a default setup, even tho there were assists in the mix.

I won't be beat yet, but it may take a little to drop into the 1:31's, ok, maybe a lot.