PDA

View Full Version : So anyone got any love for Shift 2

bodyshop
08-07-2015, 10:26
PCars has been out a few months now, but what of its older sister Shift 2.... It after all shares the same DNA.

Personally i think Shift 2 was the most underrated unappreciated racing game of pretty much ANY gen of console. Maybe because of the 'Need for speed' bit or because people hate EA or that set ups for cars were gash from stock, or because it was trying to do things differently from Forza and GT....

Works conversions of the cars, unrivaled car interiors that CHANGED as you upgraded!! Windscreen inner reflections off the dash BEFORE Turn 10 could manage it (took them till next gen Forza 5 and still not as well done).....

I've been on other forums and its almost a dirty word even to PCars fans... WHY?

Its awesome and i STILL play it now (not the drift bit though) Wonderful tracks and great racing....

So any love? Was Shift 2 thee reason you got PCars? Anyone still play it? Other games proudly have sections still for the former games... Shift 2 the lost unloved game... but not for me.

MysterG
08-07-2015, 10:28
Moved to Off Topic.

RTA nOsKiLlS
08-07-2015, 10:34
Tried the demo(may have been shift 1), hated the car handling. I couldn't move from the left of the track to the right of the track, on a straight, without loosing the backend. Gave up with it after 2 mins. Maybe it was controller settings, but I didn't get that far. It was a shame, as the pre-release vids really made it look awesome.

Machinist90
08-07-2015, 10:44
loved it to death,for me still the most convincing atmosphere simulator there is,I'm not talking about the handling but the sounds,the crashes and the cockpit helmet cam...the only game it almost felt like you were really driving a monster,driving the nurburg was scary as hell but I loved it and yeah..biggest reason for me getting Pcars was seeing it was the same studio,I like Pcars but if I'm honest I loved the driving in shift 2 better (again not talking about just handling)

KK78
08-07-2015, 10:49
I liked the Shift games a lot and 2 was the gem, really great visuals, immersion and handling.

LADY GEMMA JANE
08-07-2015, 10:52
I play shift 1 and 2

MysterG
08-07-2015, 10:57
loved it to death,for me still the most convincing atmosphere simulator there is,I'm not talking about the handling but the sounds,the crashes and the cockpit helmet cam...the only game it almost felt like you were really driving a monster,driving the nurburg was scary as hell but I loved it and yeah..biggest reason for me getting Pcars was seeing it was the same studio,I like Pcars but if I'm honest I loved the driving in shift 2 better (again not talking about just handling)

This.
Give me pCARS handling/physics and all the visceral elements of the Shift series and I'd be in 7th heaven. :triumphant:

Baron_Greenback
08-07-2015, 11:07
Many happy hours in both 1 and 2. I loved the Evo 9 on Nordschleife on shift 2. (I think it was a 9)
The graphics and the sounds were spot on, and perfectly matched. The handling characteristics were pretty decent for an arcade/console leaning racer. Very immersive, lots of fun. I'd always hoped it would get the sim treatment.
Prayers answered, Lo and behold. PCARS.:)

tankyx
08-07-2015, 11:08
Played both, horrible handling, maybe te worst and most frustrating ever made for a wannabe sim

Marrrfooo
08-07-2015, 11:10
This.
Give me pCARS handling/physics and all the visceral elements of the Shift series and I'd be in 7th heaven. :triumphant:

Yeah - I loved 2 but hated the twitchy handling (was a pad user then on XB360).

Second car I ever tried in that game was the Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster @ Monza - the NOISE of that thing was brilliant and staggeringly loud.

I loved the atmosphere of it all and it was extremely immersive - although I think I find the balance in PCARS overall to be better. And of course the handling isn't a twitchy dog in PCARS as it was in Shift 2 (again - only talking as a former pad user - ironically I use a wheel now on PS4)...

wraithsrike
08-07-2015, 12:38
The steering lag made this game unplayable for me, I completed Shift 1 and played Shift 2 for a few days left it a couple of months but the developers just left it to rot so got a little bit of money back on it and never looked back.

bodyshop
08-07-2015, 12:43
Played both, horrible handling, maybe te worst and most frustrating ever made for a wannabe sim

This is sort of my point though, how many people got PCars on XBOX one and said the same? Under that game (shift 2) is a stunning driving sim, Ian Bell and his team will know what i'm on about. What really killed Shift 2 was the snobbish "need for speed arcade" hate.... that name (NFS) on a sim driving game is a hindrance.

Pink_650S
08-07-2015, 12:45
Besides GT5, Shift 2 has been my racing fix on PS3. Although the cars felt kind of floaty with a controller, the game was still one of the best of its genre.

And there's one particular thing about Shift 2 that really raised the bar for me - and thats the fantastic replays :)
Dear Team, what happened to these action packed angles? :frown-new: Gone for good?

Mascot
08-07-2015, 12:47
Shift 2 suffered a similar problem to pCARS: absolutely awful out-of-the-box joypad controls. It tainted Shift 2 for the whole of its life and has done a lot of damage to the perception of pCARS from first-time users. It's a shame. A real shame, and quite perplexing how SMS got it so badly wrong in both games.

bodyshop
08-07-2015, 13:45
Shift 2 suffered a similar problem to pCARS: absolutely awful out-of-the-box joypad controls. It tainted Shift 2 for the whole of its life and has done a lot of damage to the perception of pCARS from first-time users. It's a shame. A real shame, and quite perplexing how SMS got it so badly wrong in both games.

This is the thing, Shift 2 was ruined for many people due to out of box set ups and and only ever worked properly with a wheel, even now if i try to play shift 2 with a controller it sucks! There is no smooth modulation of the steering input via controller. Its like SMS make the best racing sims in the world...but YOU have to find it, like the craziest ever easter egg...

Which is why like no other games with both Shift 2 and PCars one person can be playing it and having the worst experience ever whilst someone else is saying its heaven...

m355y
08-07-2015, 13:49
I'll admit I totally missed Shift initially because of the NFS branding, I had no idea it was a serious sim. There I think is the first issue. As a standalone game away from the NFS umbrella it probably would have caught a few more eyes.

The other is that I never liked the handling at all. Everything else about it was pretty great really, but I couldn't control the cars and gave up on it very quickly as a result of that.

TheReaper GT
08-07-2015, 14:13
I love both shifts. When the first came out I had a pretty good PC and played the game with all graphical settings to the max. what a joy. It was the first game where I could hear the transmission and the secoundary sounds of the car interior. I trully loved it. Shift 2 was even better, my problem was the platform, I didn't have the mad ass pc anymore and the XBox 360 version had poor graphics and made me sick after few minutes playing.

I think the NFS badge hurt shift a bit, because some NFS fans didn't read the box before buy, they saw NFS and assume they could ride the walls in full nitro mode with all the underbody neon in the earth. :D

bodyshop
08-07-2015, 14:44
True, and visa versa the SIM snobs just saw NFS and thought 'arcade'. For me when i got Shift set up right and used a wheel its the closest i've come to that feeling i got with Toca 2 all those years ago.... i think after the polish of Forza games it just had a rawness and energy and a visceral gaming experience.
Just think SMS should be proud of that game as with work you can find the game they made under the dodgy set ups and naff controller settings.
I think also, so far, next gen after Xbox 360 has been a bit underwhelming. The step from Xbox to Xbox 360 was massive for me, the step from 360 to xbox one...so far, slightly meh.

Grijo
08-07-2015, 19:09
I really liked Shift 2. Ok, handling is a little tricky, but i like it anyway. Specially drifting. Its awesome to drift a Nissan 280SX and Silvia S-15 until rear tires explode!!! A nice thing about Shift 2 is start a carrer with any standard car and upgrade it until it turns into a race car. Even interiors changes in this upgrades. I also really enjoyed the game GRID (the first one). You can pick a design scheme for your car an aplly the colours you want. Sponsors offers come according to your performance in career. You can choose whos your main sponsor and the order of importance of others in choosing the space to be filled in your car. And the drifiting...oh my god, the drifting!!! I miss that kind of race.

Scuderia Paul
08-07-2015, 19:22
Tried the demo(may have been shift 1), hated the car handling. I couldn't move from the left of the track to the right of the track, on a straight, without loosing the backend. Gave up with it after 2 mins. Maybe it was controller settings, but I didn't get that far. It was a shame, as the pre-release vids really made it look awesome.

That is precisely my experience of the game.

I really wanted to like SHIFT but detested it. When I realised that I wouldn't be able to unlock the Maserati MC12 GT1 I bought the unlock from PS Store. Raced for 20mins and never put it on again. I was fearful that PCars would be SHIFT 3 so was very weary. Thankfully it is quite different.

bodyshop
09-07-2015, 07:58
That is precisely my experience of the game.

I really wanted to like SHIFT but detested it. When I realised that I wouldn't be able to unlock the Maserati MC12 GT1 I bought the unlock from PS Store. Raced for 20mins and never put it on again. I was fearful that PCars would be SHIFT 3 so was very weary. Thankfully it is quite different.

But your wrong, shift 2 is awesome and its dripping in PCars DNA. And clearly there are people who have done the same as you did with Shift 2 with PCars, i have mates who wont touch PCars again.

kilotango
09-07-2015, 08:28
shift 2 was pretty good... the night racing in that game was intense. i did find Vaughn Gittin and the other general dialogue in the game to be VERY annoying

bodyshop
09-07-2015, 11:24
shift 2 was pretty good... the night racing in that game was intense. i did find Vaughn Gittin and the other general dialogue in the game to be VERY annoying

Yes that weird phase gaming went through when every game had to be like this OTT American crap, "yo dawg! GO GO GO!!" ... "TOTALLY AWESOME DUDE!" "WAY TO GO".

Again i blame codemasters for this.....

MortICi
09-07-2015, 16:04
I still play it when I want to take cars around that are not in Project CARS. But my game is heavily modified to make it look less EA and more pro sim. I think I got my best combo of mods in that make the game as realistic as it can be by its limitations (old BTM tire model that has the low speed issues...) Either way I always thought it had great potential to be a sim for the NFS line of products... Shame it has no pitting, that would be the only feature I would request out of the game, if it had pitting it would be a complete game to me, sucks to get a puncture/blowout and have to start the race all over.... Project CARS overall feels much better as far as handling and the car physics are concerned, but I do believe that S2U is more polished and has a lot of little details I still miss in Project CARS. Both games are amazing in presentation in my opinion and kudos to the SMS team for all their titles.

These photos were taken with my 660Ti (MSI) at 4K DSR resolutions with the mods I have applied.

Some videos :D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHtY84yN56E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZlGIYVsSmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-35gn081zBg

Machinist90
10-07-2015, 08:53
god those screenshots make me wanna boot it up again and take the 911 around bathurst

bodyshop
10-07-2015, 12:11
See what i mean...PCars DNA.....take away the NFS EA element and i doubt so many would of been so keen to bin it and move on.... same as I'd wager were SMS still releasing PCars as a NFS game on next gen with EA backing half of the people who swear by it would of binned it off.... Need For Speed name killed Shift 2.

MortICi
10-07-2015, 13:37
god those screenshots make me wanna boot it up again and take the 911 around bathurst

Do it! I flip between S2U and Project CARS all the time :D

TheReaper GT
10-07-2015, 13:49
I love the gear change animations on Shift. Looks so real. I think it's because when the car is near optimal revs the driver puts the hand over the shiftter and waits for the player command.

MortICi
10-07-2015, 14:30
I love the gear change animations on Shift. Looks so real. I think it's because when the car is near optimal revs the driver puts the hand over the shiftter and waits for the player command.

I drive with no hud, so I shift by sound. AFAIK they had to "pre-shift" animation in place. The only time the shifting animation played was when you actually shifted the gears (paddles or hpattern/seq if you had a G25)

TheReaper GT
10-07-2015, 14:37
I drive with no hud, so I shift by sound. AFAIK they had to "pre-shift" animation in place. The only time the shifting animation played was when you actually shifted the gears (paddles or hpattern/seq if you had a G25)

Yeah, I'm talking about the model driver in the cockpit. I shift by sound too, bur I think it looks great.

MortICi
10-07-2015, 16:47
Yeah, I'm talking about the model driver in the cockpit. I shift by sound too, bur I think it looks great.

Agreed, its got the little details :D

madmax2069
10-07-2015, 17:29
The game had some weird delay when using a controller (on PS3) which killed shift 2 for me. I tried to like it but just couldn't get past the lagging input from a controller with the game. I tried every controller setting available on the console version, but was a issue with the game itself.

That was my huge fear with PCARs, hoping it wasn't going to have the same issue as shift 2 did with controllers, Luckily it does not (at least on PS4).

Dorny
10-07-2015, 17:41
Loved the game hated the physics and lag in control input, and seeing how physics and control input is vital for racing games, it killed it for me. I always got the feeling from the game that it wanted to be a racing simulator but had to be arcadey to fit the Need for Speed brand. So you had two different styles of games clashing with each other and not in a good way. For example it wanted you to race properly but also encouraged you to ram other drivers and the AI was MENTAL and far to aggressive

So when I saw the original design idea for Pcars which was basically "get the shift 2 engine, fix the input lag and gear it towards simulation" I was sold and backed it.

But I don't agree with the most underrated racing game of any gen of console, that for me would be Motorstorm

Some Pcars fans don't like the dirty word of Shift 2, because in the early days of Pcars and still today, people would see it as Shift 3 and ARCADE and call it shift or arcade and some people dont like it when simulators are called the dirty A word by other people.

Psychomatrix
10-07-2015, 17:42
I've got both shift games. The games has an great ai, the car selection was great too and tye feature that you can tune your car from amateur to works cars was so great. The body kits and cockpits are phantastic. But the game have one big issue the strange steering behaviour and the tiremodel. It's not sim and it's not arcade. Ive got the games here and when I try shift 2 I stopped after 20 minutes because steering and tiremodel are not comprehensible. some gt1 cars you can't drive on a straight line. So much great potential was given away with that steering and tiremodel.

MortICi
10-07-2015, 18:17
99% of the issue with the game was the soft setups for all the cars due to bump tracks, combine that with very negative caster defaults and you had super twitch cars. Once you tuned the car properly (in some cases you couldn't due to setups being messed up) the game behaved, but then the tires had just too much grip in my opinion. Either way with the right mods its a whole different game on PC. Consoles got screwed.... :(

bodyshop
10-07-2015, 19:27
99% of the issue with the game was the soft setups for all the cars due to bump tracks, combine that with very negative caster defaults and you had super twitch cars. Once you tuned the car properly (in some cases you couldn't due to setups being messed up) the game behaved, but then the tires had just too much grip in my opinion. Either way with the right mods its a whole different game on PC. Consoles got screwed.... :(

I pretty much sorted all cars even works converted FWD cars, once you could see how much they messed up the stock settings you could sort it and suddenly its awesome...thats the point really, only 20-30 percent of players ever bothered with it long enough to work out the bummed set ups and get it playing right. As someone finaly admitted few posts above...PCars is Shift 2 engine so is Shift 3 in effect. But to me Shift 2 isn't a dirty word....its why i looked foward to PCars... Now Mr Bell...about those works conversions in Shift 2.....any chance in PcARS?

MortICi
11-07-2015, 14:34
Just recorded this for fun, this time in actual 4K :) The 970 is an amazing card, I can only imagine a 980Ti :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSmSyLTmM-M

TheReaper GT
11-07-2015, 14:41
I Want those track day mx5 and such

MortICi
11-07-2015, 20:59
I Want those track day mx5 and such

I think they will come, but I think Project CARS should stick to getting as many real world tracks in the game rather than making original tracks (which can come later).

TheReaper GT
11-07-2015, 21:05
I think they will come, but I think Project CARS should stick to getting as many real world tracks in the game rather than making original tracks (which can come later).

I'm talking about the car. I agree with you on tracks and I believe sms does too

bodyshop
12-07-2015, 07:06
Just recorded this for fun, this time in actual 4K :) The 970 is an amazing card, I can only imagine a 980Ti :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSmSyLTmM-M

I rest my case....the AI are a bit bashy at times but they do overtake each other much more than in PCars, you really feel your apart of a race with them. IMO.

MortICi
13-07-2015, 00:40
I rest my case....the AI are a bit bashy at times but they do overtake each other much more than in PCars, you really feel your apart of a race with them. IMO.

I dunno, I tend to think that Doug did a good job of coding the AI to act somewhat human. In a lot of the scenarios the AI present I ask myself if I would do that, or if another driver would do the same. I have yet to come to a "no" and always say, yeah I can see that happening, or I see why the AI did what it did.

I do agree though that the AI here are more than eager to overtake and don't chooo chooo, which poses some awesome races.

But meh, I do love both games, they have a special spot in my game pocket and I flip between the two. I might do another recording to showcase the mods I have installed.

Diablo944
13-07-2015, 00:42
Shift two with a wheel, awful. Hated it. Couldn't get anywhere close to it feeling like it was working right. Definitely a pad game

T0MMY
13-07-2015, 13:08
I enjoy SHIFT 2 a lot, probably one of my most played games and it is also the place where I learned to make liveries through Photoshop.

It plays poorly these days after playing a whole bunch of better racing games, SHIFT 2 handling felt weird.

MortICi
13-07-2015, 13:55
I enjoy SHIFT 2 a lot, probably one of my most played games and it is also the place where I learned to make liveries through Photoshop.

It plays poorly these days after playing a whole bunch of better racing games, SHIFT 2 handling felt weird.

CareerMod, its the only way. Either that or PTMu mod to improve handling.

bodyshop
13-07-2015, 13:57
Shift two with a wheel, awful. Hated it. Couldn't get anywhere close to it feeling like it was working right. Definitely a pad game

Wrong way round , its same as PCars, made for wheel not controller... i dont think you've played it.

bodyshop
13-07-2015, 14:07
What i dont understand is that Shift 2 was made by SMS, they used Shift 2 as engine for PCars, people slag off Shift 2 handling and bugs and say they gave up on it....... but yet theres loads of stuff over the internet about PCars bugs and handling model.... yet people can slag off Shift 2 but make no link to PCars.....

Shift 2 is the SAME, its better on a wheel and you need to spend time fiddling with settings and car set ups....... difference is Shift 2 cost me 5 off ebay 3 years ago and i still love to play it... PCars cost me 40 and i play it but wish i'd waited 3 months in and picked it up cheaper.

Bealdor
13-07-2015, 14:10
What i dont understand is that Shift 2 was made by SMS, they used Shift 2 as engine for PCars, people slag off Shift 2 handling and bugs and say they gave up on it....... but yet theres loads of stuff over the internet about PCars bugs and handling model.... yet people can slag off Shift 2 but make no link to PCars.....

Shift 2 is the SAME, its better on a wheel and you need to spend time fiddling with settings and car set ups....... difference is Shift 2 cost me 5 off ebay 3 years ago and i still love to play it... PCars cost me 40 and i play it but wish i'd waited 3 months in and picked it up cheaper.

The physics (especially the tire model) is completely different to Shift 2. They're totally different games, driven by the same graphics engine.

Diablo944
13-07-2015, 14:22
Want a picture of the box? Stupid comment, dont think youve played it. Have played it, hated it, moved on. Didnt try with a pad though, so partly right, havent played it-with a pad

Better?

MortICi
13-07-2015, 16:36
Finally the 4K version is available... that took a while...

Here is a replay video (the choppiness in certain sections is only in the video for some reason):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjgWzdDCb5M

Dunno if this one is available in 4K yet, but appears not...

Diablo944
13-07-2015, 17:57
25 seconds in i gave up as choppiness was ridiculously bad. Whoever uploaded that needs to pull it and redo it. More likely to give bad press than good

MortICi
13-07-2015, 18:04
25 seconds in i gave up as choppiness was ridiculously bad. Whoever uploaded that needs to pull it and redo it. More likely to give bad press than good

Yeah I didn't notice before I uploaded (didn't review) for some reason it super choppy for the first lap. Dunno if it was the game, the vid card or my CPU causing it. It just stuttered the video (shadowplay 4K recording)

I will re-record the replay tonight.

The other video you can finally watch in 4K so that's nice at least :P That one maintained 60FPS at 4K DSR :)

I will also be recording a Project Cars video tonight hopefully :)

bodyshop
14-07-2015, 07:03
Want a picture of the box? Stupid comment, dont think youve played it. Have played it, hated it, moved on. Didnt try with a pad though, so partly right, havent played it-with a pad

Better?

It played better with a wheel than a pad thats a fact, same as PCars. You just think your being all 'i'm a sim player'...you play computer games...we all do.

bodyshop
14-07-2015, 07:07

Your talking rubbish, its not that bad and clears up. Your just one of lifes neg heads.

MortICi
14-07-2015, 21:03
Only thing I wish for is for a few more GT3 cars in the game, it already has a great roster but the ginetta, sls, mp4, and bently would be a great addition.

Awong124
14-07-2015, 21:51
I preferred Shift 1 over Shift 2. Though the handling was very floaty in both games. I liked the livery editor, but there was this bug where some of the decals would shift from where you originally placed it after saving and that caused me a lot of frustration. I also wasn't a big fan of the videos of the pro drivers in Shift 2, especially Vaughn Gittin Jr. I played the shit out of Shift 1. I think I got every star except the drift ones that I didn't bother with. I played Shift 2 for a while, but I think I lost interested about maybe 25% through the game.

MortICi
20-07-2015, 13:36
Here are two more glamour shots :P

Awong124
20-07-2015, 14:56
Me taking the lead in the very last race in Shift 1.

FS7
20-07-2015, 21:20
Shift 2 had potential to be a great game, but unfortunately it was published by EA.
The game is playable after adjusting controller settings but it never felt as good as I wanted, it feels like there's lag in the steering. Shift 2 has good graphics, good engine sounds, good career mode, good car selection, best track selection on console at the time, nice performance customization (especially works mods), decent visual customization. I still go back to Shift 2 every now and then for stuff that isn't available in PCars such as Autopolis, Suzuka, Lotus 111R, Acura NSX, Audi TT, and some of the GT3/GT1 cars. If SMS adds those tracks/cars into PCars I'd be really glad and never have to go back to Shift 2 again.

MortICi
21-07-2015, 13:28
Shift 2 had potential to be a great game, but unfortunately it was published by EA.
The game is playable after adjusting controller settings but it never felt as good as I wanted, it feels like there's lag in the steering. Shift 2 has good graphics, good engine sounds, good career mode, good car selection, best track selection on console at the time, nice performance customization (especially works mods), decent visual customization. I still go back to Shift 2 every now and then for stuff that isn't available in PCars such as Autopolis, Suzuka, Lotus 111R, Acura NSX, Audi TT, and some of the GT3/GT1 cars. If SMS adds those tracks/cars into PCars I'd be really glad and never have to go back to Shift 2 again.

Its the resounding complaint. The PC version was much more playable due to the modding community, and I think the console community was way more vocal in the "it sucks" outcry. I had it for PS3 and PC, and pretty much played maybe 1 or 2 hours on PS3 before sticking with PC only once the mods started to come out that improved and fixed some of the issues.

The presentation of the game visually is what attracted me the most, it wasn't static like other racing games (GT/Forza) that seemed very plain and not exciting.

Diablo944
21-07-2015, 13:35
Its the resounding complaint. The PC version was much more playable due to the modding community, and I think the console community was way more vocal in the "it sucks" outcry. I had it for PS3 and PC, and pretty much played maybe 1 or 2 hours on PS3 before sticking with PC only once the mods started to come out that improved and fixed some of the issues.

The presentation of the game visually is what attracted me the most, it wasn't static like other racing games (GT/Forza) that seemed very plain and not exciting.

That might explain a lot. I only had the ps3 version. Hated the handling.

FS7
21-07-2015, 16:39
I have the PS3 & Xbox360 versions of Shift 2. I prefer the X360 version, I like the X360 controller better for racing games, X360 version has better graphics & better loading times than the PS3 version.

m355y
21-07-2015, 17:32
I think Xbox360 versions of multi-platform titles always tended to look better. You're right, the PS3 version looked a bit grainy in comparison. I loved the 360, shame they ****ing broke all the time.

Pants McGinty
21-07-2015, 19:02
I loved Shift 2, It's one of the reasons that I got Pcars.
The handling was a bit rough but I persevered and managed quite well. I always thought that it would have been better with a wheel (I had the MS wheel but no table to clamp it to). I thought the same about Pcars, and I was right. A wheel makes a helluva lot of difference.

FS7
21-07-2015, 20:47
I think Xbox360 versions of multi-platform titles always tended to look better.
There's a number of games that are 720p on PS3 and 1080p on Xbox360: Shift 1 & 2, all F1 games, all Grid games, all Dirt games, MotoGP 14, Fifa, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Unreal Tournament 3.

MortICi
23-07-2015, 14:53
Its even better now on PC since you can 4K DSR the game + SweetFX SMAA (and some HDR :P) injection and you have 60FPS of jaggie free super awesome visuals :D

I can't stop hopping into the game to play some of the general road cars, just got a mod by Yuki for the Spirit R RX7 (base model is the S2 RX7, just body mods to match the Spirit) and its a blast driving it around Tokyo! :D

However, I did have an awesome race in Project CARS @ Road America, ClanAOD seems to be setting up some nice lobby races recently and has had nothing but good drivers join in. I would of had P2 if I hadn't spun it on the stupid kerb which I knew I was going too hot into! :P

vexa
04-12-2015, 18:40
I played it for like hundreds of hours and modded the hell out of it because of the handling issue. :p
It was fun, kinda like sim racing for beginner, perfect for those who wants to try a sim racing for the first time.
That game is my reason to try pCARS.

Now I believe SMS still has those japanese cars they made in shift 2, I wish they would add them to pCARS someday.

RomKnight
05-12-2015, 19:29
Those GT1 cars...

wicker man
06-12-2015, 23:06
i had both 1 & 2 on my ps3 & really enjoyed them (enjoyed them alot more than gt 5 & 6)

No2 had my favorite car ever in it a 1970 dodge challenger

i had a stock one in white for hot lapping & a racing one for well racing

MortICi
22-01-2016, 21:20
i had both 1 & 2 on my ps3 & really enjoyed them (enjoyed them alot more than gt 5 & 6)

No2 had my favorite car ever in it a 1970 dodge challenger

i had a stock one in white for hot lapping & a racing one for well racing

I love the old muscle cars in it. They drove like boats and it was glorious, I think they felt the most accurate :)

wicker man
25-01-2016, 23:24
I love the old muscle cars in it. They drove like boats and it was glorious, I think they felt the most accurate :)

its the one thing that always keeps me buying a xbox/forza is old muscle cars

ive owned a 360 & now a one & forza is the only games i buy for them everything else i get on the playstation

AveryS_24
24-11-2018, 17:49
Does anyone have shift 2 for ps3 because Im looking for people to play online with and if you have it send me a psn friend request saying you have shift 2 and you want to play

kamau
30-11-2018, 18:16
I have good memories of Shift 2 when I had the ps3, the graphics were very realistic and the car and the soundtrack was so good. There was a multitude of car choices and a lot of circuits. A game worthy of a car simulation

________________________________________________________________________________
Mini Militia (https://www.minimilitia.mobi/) App Lock (https://www.applock.ooo/) 7Zip (https://www.7zip.vip/)

FS7
30-11-2018, 22:07
I thought about getting Shift 2 in the latest Steam sale, but Tages-DRM thingy that can potentially make the game unplayable is a huge turn-off.