PDA

View Full Version : I'm off...

pethu
08-07-2015, 11:52
...to get a clutch pedal for my sim rig so I can fail even more utterly! ;)

Spazzmavrik
08-07-2015, 17:46
I see what you did there.

falm
08-07-2015, 20:45
Keep us updated on your opinion / progress on driving with clutch - still unclear if I should get one myself.

Fanapryde
08-07-2015, 20:49
Keep us updated on your opinion / progress on driving with clutch - still unclear if I should get one myself.
You should, much more real, much more immersive.
Certainly slower in the beginning, but driving the old BMW or Zakspeed Capri or... is so much more fun with clutch and H-shifter...

d4m1an
08-07-2015, 21:04
I got myself the Thrustmaster pro set and it makes all the difference! Totally worth it!

Spazzmavrik
08-07-2015, 21:09
I agree with both^^ You want it.

thegt500
08-07-2015, 21:36
Certainly slower in the beginning

Yep, I found that too. However, now I've found it much quicker on up changes when you get used to it. Also, its great to be able to heel & toe brake and drop down two gears at once when you're going in a little too hot ;)

Fanapryde
08-07-2015, 21:48
Yep, I found that too. However, now I've found it much quicker on up changes when you get used to it. Also, its great to be able to heel & toe brake and drop down two gears at once when you're going in a little too hot ;)Correct, that is why I wrote "in the beginning"
Some cars need the heel & toe to prevent them from spinning...

Sasquatch
09-07-2015, 05:20
You should, much more real, much more immersive.
Certainly slower in the beginning, but driving the old BMW or Zakspeed Capri or... is so much more fun with clutch and H-shifter...
I've always wondered something, when you're driving... say the McLaren GT3 with the clutch+H-shifter... does the game standardize across the car list like you're using such?

I hope that makes sense.

pethu
09-07-2015, 06:32
Only cars that have stick shifts in real life will work properly with the H-shifter controller. (Which is perfectly OK by me.)

Not being a car historian with intimate knowledge of each and every car, i WOULD like just a bit more info in the garage screen about each car's equipment, though! Gearbox type, power steering... that sort of stuff.

(A full report on the sim clutch driving experience from a completely mediocre driver will follow later!)

stella-stig
09-07-2015, 06:36
Go get a bath I can smell you from here