PDA

View Full Version : Finally nice strong FFB with no clipping (I think) G25 Wheels

Charger
08-07-2015, 16:50
Been tweaking my G25 and finally have come up with a nice set up with FFB 100 and TF 100, Deadzone removal 0.06 and fall off 0.01 using Jack Spades bumps xml, I messed with the full and half output but can't remember what it's at as I am not at my rig, I can post full settings later but what do you guys think, even with TF at 100 the wheel is not doing that nasty return spring thing and I am feeling everything on the graph.

Ignore the driving is was qualifying and I was running off track on purpose, although when the race starts I get battered around but it doesn't matter, the car feels alive!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfaDscRzJUk

bmanic
08-07-2015, 17:47
You do actually have clipping.. but it's not severe and it is not constant even while cornering. I do think you would get a bit better feeling still by lowering the TF a bit but that depends on your Soft Clip and/or Relative Adjust settings (both features are still bugged though, so keep that in mind).

Other than that.. looks good and very lively indeed! :)

Charger
08-07-2015, 18:00
I actually noticed it was flatlining on the right handers but as you say it's minimal, I will play with the TF a bit but I can live with it, one thing I did notice was I turned the deadzone fall off to 0 and it rattled in the centre but actually felt good on the track as I was getting feeling even on smooth tracks but the graph was showing a constant castle like effect and even just turning this to 0.01 took away quite a lot, I also turned smoothing to 0 in that video.

The RUF around the same track is even more lively!!

Neil Bateman
08-07-2015, 18:18
I actually noticed it was flatlining on the right handers but as you say it's minimal, I will play with the TF a bit but I can live with it, one thing I did notice was I turned the deadzone fall off to 0 and it rattled in the centre but actually felt good on the track as I was getting feeling even on smooth tracks but the graph was showing a constant castle like effect and even just turning this to 0.1 took away quite a lot, I also turned smoothing to 0 in that video.

The RUF around the same track is even more lively!!

Can you post all your settings including profiler please, i have just gone back to my G25 as i cant get the feel right on the G27.

Charger
08-07-2015, 18:31
No problem fellow midlander, if you can wait until later when I can get to my gaming rig I'll post up screenshots, I can tell you the controller settings in windows (not profiler) are set to 270degress, 100% overall, 0% on damper/spring, return spring unticked and on 0, allow game to adjust settings ticked.

When I went into the game I reset the controller and did NOT calibrate the wheel, just the pedals and played with the FFB calibration which is the settings I have now.

Art-J
08-07-2015, 20:17
Worth trying. I've been struggling with setting up my G25 as well. Jack's "bump" tweakers are good, but I can't get the wheel to be heavy enough without clipping. Looking forward to seeing Your full in-game settings.

Charger
08-07-2015, 22:15
Ok, for some reason I can't take a screenshot it's black so here they are manually, the ones that matter.

CONFIGURATION MENU

Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sensitivity 50
Speed Sensitivity 0
Controller Filtering 0
Controller Sensitivity 0
Damper 0
FFB 100
Controller input 3
Advanced off

FFB CALIBRATION MENU

Tyre Force 100
Per Wheel Movement 0
Per Wheel Squared 0
Wheel Position Smoothing 0
Deadzone Removal Range 0.06
Deadzone Removal Falloff 0.01 (0.00 gives more feeling but induces a bit of rattle if you take your hands off the wheel but gives good feeling on smooth surfaces)
Linkage Scale 0
Linkage Stiffness 1
Linkage Damping 1
Relative Adjust Gain 0.98
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp 1
Scoop Knee 0.70
Scoop Reduction 0.15
Soft Clipping Half 5 (that's a full 5)
Soft Clipping Full 5 "" "" ""

It may be a bit odd but it works well for me, a lot of the values are standard only a few are changed, if it's too light or heavy or it clips just raise or lower as required on the Tyre Force but you shouldn't need much, it retains the bump and grind but allows the wheel to feel more real, it does auto centre and gives good opposite lock feel but it is aiding you not fighting you if you know what I mean, feels a bit like an old BMW325i I drove years ago.

Let me know how you get on or if you find any more little tweaks to make it better but I am happy with it for now, try it with the RUF or Ginetta on Brands Hatch.

This is also using Jacks Bump folder.

Charger
09-07-2015, 01:37
I have one observation, why does it clip with lateral force on a right handed corner but not the left? The graph shows left turns in the middle section with a good feedback but right turns are pushing the limit??

Charger
09-07-2015, 01:44
Ok I just answered my own question, bottom is left and top is right, so I am clipping left and right, more testing, I still like it though as it's not heavy clipping on either.

Charger
09-07-2015, 02:05
Right it seems the clipping setting doesn't allow the range, I am now on 200% Tyre Force and 7% Clipping half and full and it is not clipping, maybe the 10x issue means that you have to raise the clipping range instead of reducing tyre force which dumbs down the FFB, it is really alive now, I'll take another video.

Charger
09-07-2015, 02:25
Ok I have a good one here, 100 TF, 6% full clip, and 3% half clip, you will not need to go to the gym to pump the biceps, very reactive and min clip.

Charger
09-07-2015, 03:03
I have gone hardcore, Deadzone fall off 0, Clipping half 6, full 4, 100% TF, I'm sticking with it, arms pumping, so just mess with the clip and force.

Art-J
09-07-2015, 17:51
With Your last settings above I get a bit too much of clipping in heavy breaking turns at Oulton (testing road RUF and GT-40 as something much heavier) and I don't like the fact that fall-off switched to 0 turned all FFB spikes into rectangles (I can feel subtle surface effects becoming more crude). So I restored 0.01 fall-off and reduced Deadzone Removal Range to 0.02 (wheel-check app says my worn-out G25 should be set to 0.11, but I know I'll get massive clipping with such a value). Feels quite good (and looks quite good on the graph) so far. That, of course with Jack's "bump" files.

You should post Your findings in one of sticky threads, where more people can read about them (either the one about Jack's files, or the one about tweaking G25), because Your settings are a really good base for further tweaking and this thread is going to get lost amongst everyday forum trash.

Charger
09-07-2015, 18:15
Yeah the falloff at 0 is a bit too much, I was having a blast last night, I know what you mean about the rectangles, I have gone back to 0.01 but have the removal range at 0.06 as in wheelcheck, yours must be well worn at 0.11 I thought mine had seen some action lol.

The half and full clipping seems to be the one to play with, I think all the other settings are Ok, FFB at 100 and TF at 100, I like the amount of FFB you get without the wheel being dead or too heavy.

Judging by the fact I could run 200% TF with 7% half and full makes me think increasing the clipping range on both gives a wider margin for more TF, I think I'll try 3.5% on both later, just try to get the FFB to it's maximum range left and right to just touch the edges with minimal clipping.

Charger
09-07-2015, 18:27
With Your last settings above I get a bit too much of clipping in heavy breaking turns at Oulton (testing road RUF and GT-40 as something much heavier) and I don't like the fact that fall-off switched to 0 turned all FFB spikes into rectangles (I can feel subtle surface effects becoming more crude). So I restored 0.01 fall-off and reduced Deadzone Removal Range to 0.02 (wheel-check app says my worn-out G25 should be set to 0.11, but I know I'll get massive clipping with such a value). Feels quite good (and looks quite good on the graph) so far. That, of course with Jack's "bump" files.

You should post Your findings in one of sticky threads, where more people can read about them (either the one about Jack's files, or the one about tweaking G25), because Your settings are a really good base for further tweaking and this thread is going to get lost amongst everyday forum trash.

Posted it up in the G25/G27 set up guide cheers.

Charger
09-07-2015, 23:23
Picking up on something said on another thread the falloff increments are wrong, you can go 10 clicks before you reach 0.01 even though it say 0.00 it will go 0.001 up to 0.01 so infact 0.01 is 10, I have it now on what would be 0.005 so half of 0.01 and the rectangles are gone and the feedback is more precise still without clipping.

So still on TF100, FFB100, soft/half clip 5 and 0.005 deadzone fall off, may try and reduce the fall off until it clip or the rectangle appear but for the moment it's all good.