PDA

View Full Version : My first race with patch 2.0

r1ck
08-07-2015, 22:33
Hi,

I was uber excited about this game coming out but keep getting disappointed and putting it to one side in the hope that the next patch will deliver the game that I was expecting. I've only logged 7 hours since release day.

I just downloaded patch 2.0 and did a single race (10 mins qualifying, 5 lap race, Oulton park international, Formula C).
I am running Project Cars on a PS4 with a T300RS wheel.

This is what I experienced in this short session (i have never experienced any of these before now):

1. Wheel starting moving side to side when I entered the pit box (i think that is the right terminology for the menu during qualifying). Wheel stopped doing this when I selected Drive
2. Wheel was very heavy during qualifying session (tyre force 100, force feedback 100, setup according to Jack Spade's settings). I was hoping the centre spring would have been reduced but my arms were aching after about 4 laps. Seem to be getting some side to side wobble on the straights.
3. Qualified 9th. Continued to race, suddenly I'm starting from 26th on the grid!
4. Force feedback during race much better - centre spring much less noticeable.
5. After 4 laps, suddenly I'm looking at the PS4 dashboard (race is continuing, force feedback still active). I managed to return to the race by pressing X on the Project Cars tile (I definitely did not hit the PS button, my hands & fingers were firmly gripping the wheel).

On a positive note I found the frame rate better on certain parts of Oulton park.

Anyone else noticed any of these issues?

Fanatest
08-07-2015, 22:45
Hi,

Most of those issues are reported and logged in the known issues thread, it's unfortunate you seem to have experienced them all in 1 sitting, where as most get 1 or 2.

I'd suggest enjoying quick races, hot lapping and online races until the bugs that cause you the most problems are resolved (which is what myself and others have done).

Now that patch 2.0 has resolved much of the FPS issues, I think we should see a lot more bugs being squashed at a faster rate than before (that's my thoughts/hope)

It's worth sticking with, it's very likely the best racing game around at the moment :)

Roger Prynne
08-07-2015, 22:46
If the wheel is too heavy for you just turn the TF down until you are happy with it.

GrimeyDog
08-07-2015, 23:25
Hi,

Most of those issues are reported and logged in the known issues thread, it's unfortunate you seem to have experienced them all in 1 sitting, where as most get 1 or 2.

I'd suggest enjoying quick races, hot lapping and online races until the bugs that cause you the most problems are resolved (which is what myself and others have done).

Now that patch 2.0 has resolved much of the FPS issues, I think we should see a lot more bugs being squashed at a faster rate than before (that's my thoughts/hope)

It's worth sticking with, it's very likely the best racing game around at the moment :)

Im getting Tiered of Hot Lapping!!! 2 weeks and there's a new kid on the Block to play with F1 2015!!!... 1 1/2 month later FM6 will be dropping... Next year Assetto Corsa...SMS needs to kick it in ultra High Gear because if Pcars is Not Right by the Time FM6 comes out its Gonna be a wrap for Pcars 2 when it finally comes out because its Gonna have to compete with FM6, F1 2015(2016maybe), and Assetto Corsa!!! if they don't do a great job Now their PCars fan base is Gonna Drop Like Flies in the winter. jmo Ooooh and dont forget GT7 is gonna Hit probably Sooner than we think... the holidays are coming.

Fanatest
08-07-2015, 23:53
Im getting Tiered of Hot Lapping!!! 2 weeks and there's a new kid on the Block to play with F1 2015!!!... 1 1/2 month later FM6 will be dropping... Next year Assetto Corsa...SMS needs to kick it in ultra High Gear because if Pcars is Not Right by the Time FM6 comes out its Gonna be a wrap for Pcars 2 when it finally comes out because its Gonna have to compete with FM6, F1 2015(2016maybe), and Assetto Corsa!!! if they don't do a great job Now their PCars fan base is Gonna Drop Like Flies in the winter. jmo Ooooh and dont forget GT7 is gonna Hit probably Sooner than we think... the holidays are coming.

Yea fixes are needed and I agree time is essential.

I noticed that currently (in the PS4 known issues thread) there are over 101 bugs listed, and 8 weeks in... only 2 of them are actually marked as fixed.

I installed patch 2.0, started the game, noticed the tyre bug was still present, reflection bug still present, new bugs introduced etc = game doesn't play the way I want to play it, therefore I am limited to hot lapping etc.

The way I play the game means these bugs affect me, but I can understand and appreciate how/why they don't affect others to the same degree. Some people play the game in a way that they never encounter these bugs, which is great.

The community has Aldo died down substantially too :(
I noticed the other day that over 1/3 of the current active users on the site were actually paid members or SMS staff. Additionally virtually every sim racing website/forum looks upon this site in a very negative light (the forum and the users are the butt of all the jokes at the moment) :(

I agree with you re: pcars 2.
I was very surprised to see that the uptake of PCars 2 members was incredibly low, less than 150,000 (away from the 250,000 SMS put in of an expected/estimated 7 million)

I sincerely hope they can fix the bugs in a timly fashion, as the game is good, it's just not working for those who choose to play the game in certain ways.