PDA

View Full Version : it didn't (set-up saving issue not solved)

Slicker_VR
08-07-2015, 23:49
i see in a closed thread ( http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34179-Path-2-0-did-not-solve-the-worst-problems!&highlight=career+mode+setup+reset ) that someone has said that the career mode bug where every time you return to the garage your setup reverts to what you started the session with isn't fixed.
ian bell says it is, but i'm afraid you're wrong, ian - it really isn't fixed, mate.
i tried the m1 procar at bathurst (invitational) earlier tonight and it happened to me. i was gutted as i was really looking forward to getting further into career mode, which i gave up on because of this bug.
could you please acknowledge that this bug does actually still happen in exactly the same way as before the patch?

Sasquatch
09-07-2015, 05:11
Maybe that's a scenario to be tested? My set ups haven't done a rouge change since 2.0 to be very honest.

Sebstinator
09-07-2015, 12:01
Yeah, still got the bug...
I'm driving Clio cup atm. Maybe we have to start a new career...

I left career, choose free practice, select car and track and do my setup and save it. Than going back into career, skip practice and start qualifying. Setup will be applied as long as you don't open the setup screen. This also works for the race.

jhonatas
09-07-2015, 15:12
same thing in PS4 was not really fixed.

Ian Bell
09-07-2015, 15:18
i see in a closed thread ( http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34179-Path-2-0-did-not-solve-the-worst-problems!&highlight=career+mode+setup+reset ) that someone has said that the career mode bug where every time you return to the garage your setup reverts to what you started the session with isn't fixed.
ian bell says it is, but i'm afraid you're wrong, ian - it really isn't fixed, mate.
i tried the m1 procar at bathurst (invitational) earlier tonight and it happened to me. i was gutted as i was really looking forward to getting further into career mode, which i gave up on because of this bug.
could you please acknowledge that this bug does actually still happen in exactly the same way as before the patch?

Well, the title was 'worst problems' and you chose a few select ones.

Regardless, make the outstanding issues clearer please and we'll get on them.

Slicker_VR
09-07-2015, 16:58
okay, the problem goes something like this:-
enter a career event, for example the bathurst m1 invitational. at the start of the practice session your setup will be whatever it was in the previous event in that series. so far, so good, but then over the 30 min session you'll want to change setup for the new circuit. change it, go back to track, run a few laps and return to pits. at this point your setup reverts to what it was at the beginning of the session (you can often see the tyre pressures changing as you watch). this continues to happen making it impossible to set the car up properly, although sometimes the setup will stay as you left it. on these lucky occasions (if you get to the end of the session with a setup) the chances are it will reset itself again when you move on to qualifying, and again when you go to race.

hope this is a clear enough description, and the reason i quoted that thread was simply that it came up when i searched 'career mode setup reset' as i came to the forum with the intention of reporting this issue and wanted to avoid opening a new thread on a subject already covered elsewhere ;)

Slicker_VR
09-07-2015, 17:00
Yeah, still got the bug...
I'm driving Clio cup atm. Maybe we have to start a new career...

I left career, choose free practice, select car and track and do my setup and save it. Than going back into career, skip practice and start qualifying. Setup will be applied as long as you don't open the setup screen. This also works for the race.

thanks for that, mate - sounds like a useable workaround :)

Slicker_VR
10-07-2015, 11:37
doesn't actually solve the problem, though - call me anal if you like, but i want to be able to do events 'properly' ie. practice session, qualifying and race. i don't think i'm alone in feeling the loss of 'immersion' in this case.
ian, if you're reading this, a simple 'noted' would put my mind at rest :)

Slicker_VR
11-07-2015, 11:55
guess not, then :D

Ian Bell
11-07-2015, 12:05
thanks for that, mate - sounds like a useable workaround :)

It's noted.

Slicker_VR
11-07-2015, 13:46
thank you :)