PDA

View Full Version : Kill the pits in practice mode for wheel users

Diablo944
09-07-2015, 02:31
I am genuinely sick to death of that 15 second drive in practice mode.
Trying to get the wheel set up right has made that 15 seconds of downtime a noticeable irritation.
Tweak wheel in main menu, go to free practice, wait for it to load up, 15 seconds or so of trundling up pitlane, get control, not happy, reset to start of session and tweak in the car settings, still not happy as it feels like its a main setting issue, quit session, wait for main menu to load, go to force feedback settings, tweak one setting, reload free practice, 15 second trundle down the pit lane, get control of the car, instantly not happy with the setting, quit session, wait for main menu to load, change setting back and tweak something else, load free practice, 15 second trundle down pit lane. Aaaarhhh, seriously aaaaaarrrgghhhhhh!

The downtime between changing a setting and getting back to being able to test the change is starting to feel interminably long. Its a shame the global settings are so far removed from the act of testing them out. I feel my wheel would be set up so much better if it wasnt for the time spent waiting for things to load.

Deadzone
09-07-2015, 02:34
Try a track like Watkins glen short for making adjustments like this, it has a much shorter pit lane exit (2 secs)

stangnutlx
09-07-2015, 03:09
I think the whole auto pit crap needs to go. feels like an EA game when it takes over.

ONT
09-07-2015, 03:52
I think the whole auto pit crap needs to go. feels like an EA game when it takes over.