PDA

View Full Version : free practice with placeable cones?

CPU M Rossi
09-07-2015, 05:21
Ok I got this idea because I am decent at racing games but lack some race craft like for example getting a late apex right.
Then I noticed the track tend to have right many orange cones around most of the tracks and that's when I thought if they were removed and then I could place the cones where I wanted them they could be a visual training aid to work on late apexs, early apexs ect....
also would this even be possible to be put in Project Cars?

loslogo
09-07-2015, 07:11
No disrespect but why don't you just clip the apexes as your training aid

Mahjik
09-07-2015, 13:34
That's basically what the "Guiding Line" is for, to help you learn the line of the track.

CPU M Rossi
09-07-2015, 22:28
No disrespect but why don't you just clip the apexes as your training aid
while I do clip apexs, I feel I don't have the skills to properly do late or early apexs

That's basically what the "Guiding Line" is for, to help you learn the line of the track.
haven't turned on the guiding line as they tend to be a basic easy line

OperatorWay
09-07-2015, 23:01
I've long thought that this type of thing would be a great addition to many motorsport games.

I think it would be great to be able to place your own markers for brake points, turn-in points, apexes, & track-outs in a practice mode, and experiment with different placements to see how it affects lap times.

Of course it's better to learn to find existing reference points for these things (track-side objects, distance markers, tarmac markings, etc.), but customizable cone placements could be a valuable learning tool leading up to the more advanced stuff.

A lot of gamers don't know much about motorsport, and concepts like "the racing line" & "the apex" are unfamiliar to them. Many think that being "fast" is only about having a faster car or pressing the throttle harder. :)

Public multiplayer lobbies in authentic motorsport games/sims might offer better quality racing if they had even just some basic motorsport orientations/tutorials built-in. If a gamer's only exposure to the game's racing vibe comes from what they see the single-player AI opponents do, they might be misled into thinking that's how they're supposed to do it themselves. :eek:

Mahjik
10-07-2015, 03:11
haven't turned on the guiding line as they tend to be a basic easy line

In pCARS, they will be the racing line. Doesn't mean you can't make your own line, but the guiding line will be the racing line for each track.

Brooksmeister13
10-07-2015, 03:33
Would be cool if the racing line adjusted to your best lap for practice or something. What better way to study your braking and turning points then seeing them on track.

Ryzza5
10-07-2015, 04:10
Practice looking for the exit of the turn as soon as possible (i.e. before you start braking). Perfecting this will make finding any apex a much more consistent exercise.

yopp90
10-07-2015, 04:53
A skid pad would be awesome, maybe various licence test like gran turismo that really teach you the ins and outs of the game. They could even display your license next to your name onlillne possibyly hinting to the players skill level