PDA

View Full Version : Bad performance

Ditendra
09-07-2015, 10:06
Hi guys,
I have quite powerful PC, but this game just kills it. It's the most demanding game from all my games I have. With i7, 16GB RAM & GTX 780TI SC, I'm barely getting stable 60fps on medium settings in rain on 1080p monitor, on high settings fps drops even to 45 & on Ultra settings my PC struggles with 20 fps, lol. Yeah, I know graphics is awesome of this game, but come on... with that setup & barely 60 fps on medium settings? This game needs better optimization. Hope it will be fixed with patches. Before someone suggests me to check if I have latest drivers, yes I have 353.30.

Blackvault
09-07-2015, 10:08
What kind of in game graphical settings have you got set?

Pete

Roger Prynne
09-07-2015, 10:15
Try turning off grass if you have it on, and there is no need to use ultra settings on a lot of things.

N0body Of The Goat
09-07-2015, 10:30
You need to be very specific about what conditions are giving what framerate, the devil is in the detail such as...

Your precise pc spec (in your forum signature, ideally, so it is not just tied to this thread)
What other apps are running besides pCARS when you run the sim?

What launch commands are you using for pCARS in Steam?

Track
Date/time
Weather preset
Number of AI
Which camera are you using
Are you running at 1080p, or some insanely high DSR level emulating something like 4k?

Apps like MSI Afterburner can be your friend here, to monitor CPU/GPU % usage and their relative temperatures.

In rainy conditions, some settings will affect the throughput of info between your cpu and gpu more than others at "high" and "ultra" levels,including...
Reflection detail (very demanding)
Particle level
Particle density
Detailed grass
Environment mapping
(the imposter{?} rain effect brake light reflection setting at the bottom of "performance")
(the raindrop effect on the camera lens in some view)
etc.

TrevorAustin
09-07-2015, 11:01
Hi guys,
I have quite powerful PC, but this game just kills it. It's the most demanding game from all my games I have. With i7, 16GB RAM & GTX 780TI SC, I'm barely getting stable 60fps on medium settings in rain on 1080p monitor, on high settings fps drops even to 45 & on Ultra settings my PC struggles with 20 fps, lol. Yeah, I know graphics is awesome of this game, but come on... with that setup & barely 60 fps on medium settings? This game needs better optimization. Hope it will be fixed with patches. Before someone suggests me to check if I have latest drivers, yes I have 353.00.

What's your gpu usage like?

Ditendra
09-07-2015, 21:51
Okay guys, I was afk, just saw these answers. Thx for replies, I'm gonna do what you all suggested & provide more info

Ditendra
09-07-2015, 22:07
You need to be very specific about what conditions are giving what framerate, the devil is in the detail such as...

Your precise pc spec (in your forum signature, ideally, so it is not just tied to this thread)
What other apps are running besides pCARS when you run the sim?

What launch commands are you using for pCARS in Steam?

Track
Date/time
Weather preset
Number of AI
Which camera are you using
Are you running at 1080p, or some insanely high DSR level emulating something like 4k?

Apps like MSI Afterburner can be your friend here, to monitor CPU/GPU % usage and their relative temperatures.

In rainy conditions, some settings will affect the throughput of info between your cpu and gpu more than others at "high" and "ultra" levels,including...
Reflection detail (very demanding)
Particle level
Particle density
Detailed grass
Environment mapping
(the imposter{?} rain effect brake light reflection setting at the bottom of "performance")
(the raindrop effect on the camera lens in some view)
etc.

Okay, just updated signature, but somehow it's not showing yet here.

TMoney
09-07-2015, 22:11
What AA setting are you using? On my 780 I have everything maxed including grass, motion blur off, and AA set to High. You can probably run even higher AA than me but MSAA or High for me gives very fluid gameplay in all conditions. I might be able to go higher but haven't tried lately.

Ditendra
09-07-2015, 22:34
Okay guys, I uploaded the screenshots which will give you information about all these things. I know, I understand 780TI is no longer that beast it was year ago, but my main goal is to play this game with constant 60fps in any conditions including rainy weather, we can lower settings, but I don't want to reduce graphics quality drastically bad. So, can you help me to configure settings with good (not ultra, but good) graphics/60 fps constant?

Besides this game there are opened following apps: http://i.imgur.com/zZBPDYn.png
I haven't set any launch commands in steam for PC.
I'm playing on 1080p.
Using cockpit view.

Screenshots with all that info: http://imgur.com/a/pAgmm

Roger Prynne
09-07-2015, 22:44
Do you really want Motion Blur on?
And SMAA on Ultra I would think too much.

zegerman83
09-07-2015, 23:13
Okay guys, I uploaded the screenshots which will give you information about all these things. I know, I understand 780TI is no longer that beast it was year ago, but my main goal is to play this game with constant 60fps in any conditions including rainy weather, we can lower settings, but I don't want to reduce graphics quality drastically bad. So, can you help me to configure settings with good (not ultra, but good) graphics/60 fps constant?

Besides this game there are opened following apps: http://i.imgur.com/zZBPDYn.png
I haven't set any launch commands in steam for PC.
I'm playing on 1080p.
Using cockpit view.

Screenshots with all that info: http://imgur.com/a/pAgmm

1. You can have everything on ultra besides AA... I suggest you try MSAA & FXAA = High...
2. In the steam game application proprieties add in launch options "-dx11mt" without the quotes...
4. Be sure to check in the Nvidia Control Panel if under the 3D settings "Ambient Occlusion" it's set to OFF (no visual difference there), this will give you like 5fps boost to the minimum fps.

Ditendra
09-07-2015, 23:24
Do you really want Motion Blur on?
And SMAA on Ultra I would think too much.

Yes, I like Motion Blur & has turned it on in every game. Besides I think it's not effecting on performance. I can lower SMAA to medium, but those jaggies appear badly. Do you suggest something different AA?

I changed SMAA Ultra to Medium & tested in the same track & conditions. I still have 46 fps.

Ditendra
09-07-2015, 23:25
1. You can have everything on ultra besides AA... I suggest you try MSAA & FXAA = High...
2. In the steam game application proprieties add in launch options "-dx11mt" without the quotes...
4. Be sure to check in the Nvidia Control Panel if under the 3D settings "Ambient Occlusion" it's set to OFF (no visual difference there), this will give you like 5fps boost to the minimum fps.

Will try now.
FXAA is terrible, it's better not to use AA at all then use FXAA. I'll try MSAA high.
Ambient Occlusion is Off by default.

Edit: No luck, still 45 fps, on High settings, I don't even want to try Ultra.

P.S. Also I experienced one bug today, where can I report it?

bporion
09-07-2015, 23:45
Sorry to barge in but in the launch options i have " -gold " should i change for "-dx11mt"

Roger Prynne
09-07-2015, 23:52
You don't need -gold as that was only needed during testing and I think -dx11mt is default anyway.

Ditendra
10-07-2015, 00:22
Just help me for optimal setup to run game with smooth 60fps in any condition with my system. Or at least, tell me you're working on a patch to fix those performance issues.

bporion
10-07-2015, 00:25
You don't need -gold as that was only needed during testing and I think -dx11mt is default anyway.

Thanks , ya i have had gold there for a while but will change it to dx11mt anyway .

Charger
10-07-2015, 03:15
You have Grass on High, turn it off, you won't notice a difference graphically but you will gain fps.

Ditendra
10-07-2015, 03:33
You have Grass on High, turn it off, you won't notice a difference graphically but you will gain fps.

Already did, but still had bad fps.

zegerman83
10-07-2015, 08:15
Already did, but still had bad fps.

Then you should wait for until the end of July for Windows 10 that comes with DX12 that shoud give you from 20% up to 25% performance increase...

Roger Prynne
10-07-2015, 10:14
But pCARS does not use DX12.... but it does run better in W10.

Mad Al
10-07-2015, 10:32
lower reflections before doing anything else, lowering the particle settings will help in the rain.. you could also go to high on vehicle detail

poirqc
10-07-2015, 11:03
Do a race, record the replay.

From there, you can try to run the lowest setting you can in 1080p. Watch the replay and note FPS. Increase the graphic settings one at a time, you should be able to find what makes you take a hit.

You could use MSI after burner to record the FPS you're getting. It can give you CPU/GPU usage graph.

Flihp
10-07-2015, 11:37
im on a GTX760 and the biggest killer is shadows, put that to off or low.,

Phil