PDA

View Full Version : PCARS FOV/Cameras

Victima
09-07-2015, 11:49
I wonder if posible to get information about:

PCARS FOV/Camera value corresponding to normal human visión.
Or, PCARS FOV/Camera value corresponding to FOV value of a lens of 50mm in 35mm format.
How to reset PCARS FOV/Camera values to default.
How to save FOV/Camera changes
Tanks for any help.

Victima
12-07-2015, 10:41
My post PCARS/Camera, 9-7-15, 11:49 has 0 replies, this fact is a record in the fórum and I´m very proud to get a record no mind of the kind of record if legal.

hoodi4cars
12-07-2015, 10:45
wh..what. :D

Victima
12-07-2015, 13:11
I explain... I´ve driven along Nordshleife and so I did along Catalunya real tracks, A value of 65 at Camera PCARS in cockpit remember me the real view of that traks, but not the view of the cockpit itself, I was triyng to discuss about this point because many camera values give a false perspective of real tracks and for instance straights look longer and turns far then reality, all because I try to play PCARS as a simulator as far as it is possible

Mahjik
12-07-2015, 15:46

If you move the camera while driving, it doesn't save currently. You have to change it each time. FOV stores automatically.

Andrew_WOT
12-07-2015, 18:56
I wonder if posible to get information about:

PCARS FOV/Camera value corresponding to normal human visión.
Or, PCARS FOV/Camera value corresponding to FOV value of a lens of 50mm in 35mm format.
How to reset PCARS FOV/Camera values to default.
Tanks for any help.

FOV calculator http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/index.php?m=1

N0body Of The Goat
13-07-2015, 06:23
I plugged my figures into the above FOV calculator (24" monitor, ~40" from screen) and it tells me I should set FOV to 35... I normally use 74/80 at 1920x 1200/1080 respectively!!!11!!!1

Edit: Just tried 55 and while the default seat position makes cars feel very twitchy (like they rotate somewhere around the centre of the bonnet), I played with seat position for the first time ever (I will put my hand up and admit I did not test anything like every single aspect of pCARS during development) and by moving the seat fully back, it did help.
The only downside is the sense of speed is now much lower with a lower FOV, but on the flipside, the only time I've been been driven around a real track (Suburu Impreza around Castle Combe) the sense of speed was low... Castle Coombe was surprisingly wide and with no lane markings like on a motorway, it is difficult to sense that speed of going ~100mph+ on the straights.

Erwan960
13-07-2015, 06:35
I normally use 110..115 at 5900x1080 (triplescreen) and the FOV calculator tells me to set it to 164 !

Racer Pro
13-07-2015, 06:45
i use 85 helmet view without helmet its perfect for me

TAGS Battfink
13-07-2015, 06:53
I explain... I´ve driven along Nordshleife and so I did along Catalunya real tracks, A value of 65 at Camera PCARS in cockpit remember me the real view of that traks, but not the view of the cockpit itself, I was triyng to discuss about this point because many camera values give a false perspective of real tracks and for instance straights look longer and turns far then reality, all because I try to play PCARS as a simulator as far as it is possible

If a value of 65 f.o.v gives you a perfect view of the track itself but not the cockpit, you simply have to slide the seat back or forward in cockpit view.

This should give you the perfectfov of the track, and perfect view of the cockpit.

Personally i use max fov on all cameras except cockpit which i widen a few notches, the added sense of speed and extra vision allow me to see the apexes better and judge my corner entry speed better

robnkel
13-07-2015, 07:31
yeah here we go again with fov, correct mathematical fov etc etc etc.
if i use the above fov calculator and input my triple monitors, 3x27 @ a distance of 23 inches from eyeball to center monitor, (40 degrees on side monitors) i get a fov of 161. unfortunately the game stops at 159. and at 159 with my seat fully forward i can see the pedals.... not gonna happen to drive like this.
i use a combination of 141 and seat forward enough so my lhs mirror appears on my left monitor in the ruf gt3. i think i probably should be using a lower fov of around 125 to 130 but i prefer a little extra sense of speed when racing.
i use a bezel corrected res of 5960x1080.
an earlier post of 110-115 for triples is probably where i should be, but i find the lack of sense of speed to be too much for me to get used to, my feeling of steering point is also way off when i run a fov so low.
oh and by the way i use cockpit view only, any other view makes my feeling of steering center point off, bit like speeding in a forklift.
anyhow this is all IMO, so goodluck all.

Roger Prynne
13-07-2015, 08:45
I plugged my figures into the above FOV calculator (24" monitor, ~40" from screen) and it tells me I should set FOV to 35... I normally use 74/80 at 1920x 1200/1080 respectively!!!11!!!1

Edit: Just tried 55 and while the default seat position makes cars feel very twitchy (like they rotate somewhere around the centre of the bonnet), I played with seat position for the first time ever (I will put my hand up and admit I did not test anything like every single aspect of pCARS during development) and by moving the seat fully back, it did help.
The only downside is the sense of speed is now much lower with a lower FOV, but on the flipside, the only time I've been been driven around a real track (Suburu Impreza around Castle Combe) the sense of speed was low... Castle Coombe was surprisingly wide and with no lane markings like on a motorway, it is difficult to sense that speed of going ~100mph+ on the straights.
Very often when travelling on motorways and going well over the speed limit (70mph) it doesn't feel like you are going that fast, so it can be very deceiving.
Try doing that on narrow country roads and you can really see/feel the sense of speed.

Mahjik
13-07-2015, 13:21
I think the online FOV calculators are good for getting a decent ballpark start. However, folks just need to play and use the in-game keys to adjust to their liking. Remember, the track time is free inside of pCARS. ;)

Racer Pro
13-07-2015, 13:34
you know where i can find a fov calculator who not using flash ?

Bealdor
13-07-2015, 13:42
you know where i can find a fov calculator who not using flash ?

http://carsfov.moritzlawitschka.de/

Racer Pro
13-07-2015, 13:50
http://carsfov.moritzlawitschka.de/

thanks but its say fov 35 its not good i hate that.

Bealdor
13-07-2015, 13:53
thanks but its say fov 35 its not good i hate that.

You'll always have to make compromises regarding FOV on single screen. IMO 100% realistic FOV is only usable for players with triple screens or very large screens directly in front of their nose.

Racer Pro
13-07-2015, 13:57
You'll always have to make compromises regarding FOV on single screen. IMO 100% realistic FOV is only usable for players with triple screens or very large screens directly in front of their nose.

i have a 60" tv 1080p im sit at 8' of the tv now i use fov at 83 for helmet view without helmet, i use helmet view without helmet because i like the blur effect.

Roger Prynne
13-07-2015, 14:02
i have a 60" tv 1080p im sit at 8' of the tv now i use fov at 83 for helmet view without helmet, i use helmet view without helmet because i like the blur effect.

8' from the TV? I don't think any FOV is going to help you there.

I sit about 18" in front of mine.

Racer Pro
13-07-2015, 14:10

I sit about 18" in front of mine.18" its not good for your eyes ;)

Roger Prynne
13-07-2015, 14:30
Not with LCD TV's these days.... I've been doing this for years and years and no probs with my eyesight.

Mad Al
13-07-2015, 14:34
Not with LCD TV's these days.... I've been doing this for years and years and no probs with my eyesight.

The rest of him is falling apart at the seams...

;)

Roger Prynne
13-07-2015, 15:07
Trust you to come in with that Al.... :rolleyes:

robnkel
17-07-2015, 11:36

I sit about 18" in front of mine.

18 inches? I sit 23 inches from my triple 27's, eyeball to screen, I could probably move my screens 2 to 3 inches closer but my knuckles would probably touch the screen. I have a 90 degree bend in my elbows when comfortably holding the wheel. What size screen/screens do you use, or have you got short arms?
Oh OK 50 TV just needed to read.

Roger Prynne
17-07-2015, 12:02
lol did I realy type 18", I meant 28"... :confusion:

I normally pre proof my posts as well.