PDA

View Full Version : [INVESTIGATING] Seem to be losing tyre heat quickly after 2.0

sVig
09-07-2015, 14:15
Just took the Formula A car out around Monza. Quick 5 lap race, drove hard all the way around. Tyres started out green for the start of the race but they had started going blue and cool before the end of the first lap. Rear tyres were dark to light blue at the end. Can't say I've had that before, certainly not at a very high speed track with heavy braking and acceleration. Anyone else had this? Any idea why?

Umer Ahmad
09-07-2015, 14:52
Which compound did you choose?

Bealdor
09-07-2015, 15:03
Which compound did you choose?

Formula A only has one slick compound afaik.

sVig
09-07-2015, 15:43
Yeah, just slick.

cwinnbari
09-07-2015, 16:06
Just took the Formula A car out around Monza. Quick 5 lap race, drove hard all the way around. Tyres started out green for the start of the race but they had started going blue and cool before the end of the first lap. Rear tyres were dark to light blue at the end. Can't say I've had that before, certainly not at a very high speed track with heavy braking and acceleration. Anyone else had this? Any idea why?

Try dropping the tire pressures... over inflation often leads to not enough ground contact and that leads to colder tires

sVig
10-07-2015, 12:14
Well, can't understand this. Front tyres are fine, temp stays around 210-215 degrees F. Rear tyres though, just will not stay hot. Every single time they have started going blue before the end of the first lap. I've changed the pressures to multiple values and they're still cold. I've got the rear tyres at 1.1 BAR now. That's about 16psi. They're still dropping temperature to under 200 degrees F. Even at 1 BAR they still go cold driving hard around Monza. And the fact the tyre pressures are so low now it's actually making the car struggle to hit 200 mph at Monza even using DRS, KERS, and lowish downforce.

Any ideas??

jimmyb_84
10-07-2015, 16:09
Are you using traction control? If so either turn it off or add more slip to the setting (higher %)

Umer Ahmad
10-07-2015, 17:15
ok, just tested this default setting (less some fuel) against some 75% AI. Doing 1:29 and tyre temps are settling around 180F (blue). I'll make a note to Doug to prehaps review them. They seem a bit too heat insensitive.

fa-racing
10-07-2015, 22:08
ok, just tested this default setting (less some fuel) against some 75% AI. Doing 1:29 and tyre temps are settling around 180F (blue). I'll make a note to Doug to prehaps review them. They seem a bit too heat insensitive.

can confirm, can barely get my rears to 104c on monza.

TrevorAustin
10-07-2015, 23:53

Funny, ive been messing with that tonight, I've lowered the tyre pressures so much that im losing 2 seconds a lap, more grip amdxsonehow its affected top speed, almost like avfeaaring change.

Ive got the rears down to 1.19 and fromts 1.29 amd i can just keep the fronts green

Before any patches i was always getting brake temp complaints from the engineer and tyres overheated. Now brakes never and tyres blue unless ayt silly pressures.

Was doimg 1:24s at 1.50 and 1.45 with blue tyres,, could just get nearside front green. now 1.29 and 1.19 rears still blue and 1:26

IronMask75
11-07-2015, 01:04
Without major testing and analysing the Monitor, I also noticed cooling front tires on Monza and Laguna Seca in the BMW Z4 GT3 while driving a normal racing line. To compensate I started to throw the car into corners aggressively with the wheel so I exceeded the slip angle of the fronts and that helped keep them green, but it's not an ideal solution. I'm on PS4.

fa-racing
11-07-2015, 08:57
Funny, ive been messing with that tonight, I've lowered the tyre pressures so much that im losing 2 seconds a lap, more grip amdxsonehow its affected top speed, almost like avfeaaring change.

Ive got the rears down to 1.19 and fromts 1.29 amd i can just keep the fronts green

Before any patches i was always getting brake temp complaints from the engineer and tyres overheated. Now brakes never and tyres blue unless ayt silly pressures.

Was doimg 1:24s at 1.50 and 1.45 with blue tyres,, could just get nearside front green. now 1.29 and 1.19 rears still blue and 1:26

Soften your suspension to raise tire temps and stiffen your suspension to lower tire temps. Beware that this may affect your oversteer or understeer.

TrevorAustin
11-07-2015, 09:28
Soften your suspension to raise tire temps and stiffen your suspension to lower tire temps. Beware that this may affect your oversteer or understeer.

I'll try it but was quite happy with the over/under balance

sVig
11-07-2015, 10:01

Ok, cool, cheers.

As for the other dudes question, nah, not using any traction control. No assists whatsoever.

Pirategenius
11-07-2015, 10:42
The tires are fine. Had a 28 lap race earlier at silverstone with the McLaren GT3 and the softs were shot after 17 laps. They started to loose temp around lap 15. Tire wear was set at X1 and I was in career mode.

In practice for the race the hards lasted for the 30min session with no sign of loosing temp or loosing grip

I was lapping around 2.03 -04's with the softs and 2.05-06 with the hards

sVig
12-07-2015, 10:32
The tires are fine. Had a 28 lap race earlier at silverstone with the McLaren GT3 and the softs were shot after 17 laps. They started to loose temp around lap 15. Tire wear was set at X1 and I was in career mode.

In practice for the race the hards lasted for the 30min session with no sign of loosing temp or loosing grip

Yeah, it's only the Formula A I'm having the problem with.

TrevorAustin
12-07-2015, 10:52

Gt3 isn't formula a, where the problem is.

krawlx
13-07-2015, 17:15
Also been having troubles with rears in Formula A following 2.0 patch. Fronts generally stay in the 108C range, but rears just keep falling. Last night the fronts were at 108 and the rears were at about 89-90. I've tried a full range of tyre pressures, from under 1.0 bar up to 1.7, and lower pressure will slow the cooling process, but it doesn't stop it. Instead of going cold at the end of the first lap, they will go cold by the third. I tried a range of spring stiffness, but that didn't address the problem either. Also tried moving break bias towards the back (from 60/40 to 50/50) and also didn't help. The one thing that did help was losing the rear and entering a spin. That brought the rear temps up to above 100 again.

I did the above (unscientific) tests at the Nurburgring GP with full load of fuel and plenty of down force. I don't know if this is the result of an in-game issue or just being unable to find the proper setup.