PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] No GT4 BMW Contract offer.

NemethR
09-07-2015, 18:56
Hello guys,

A few days ago i posted a question in the general section, that after winning the GT5 Championship, I got Contracts for all cars in GT4 exept the BMW.
Since I back up the Save file, (because once I lost it), I just tought I give it another try.

So I restored my save, and did the last 2 races again, I managed to win every race in the GT5 Championship exept 1.
And guess what: Again no BMW contract.

Is that intentional, or a bug?!
If intentional, what do I need to do to get it?

NemethR
10-07-2015, 12:37
I re-tested it, with a complete restart of the Championship.
Lowered Ai to 50%, and race lenght to 1%, and won all races (obviously), but there is still no BMW contract offer.

Umer Ahmad
10-07-2015, 13:51
checking

Stephen Viljoen
13-07-2015, 09:46
Hi guys. It's not a bug. The way career works is that you have different rank contracts, and they're offered depending on if it's a new career or an ongoing career. In this example, if you start a new career and go straight to GT4 then you will get a contract offer with the BMW GT4, but you won't see any Aston Martin contracts (for example). If you first play GT5 and then move to GT4, you'll get the Aston Martin contracts, but no BMW GT4 contracts.

NemethR
22-07-2015, 12:21
Hi guys. It's not a bug. The way career works is that you have different rank contracts, and they're offered depending on if it's a new career or an ongoing career. In this example, if you start a new career and go straight to GT4 then you will get a contract offer with the BMW GT4, but you won't see any Aston Martin contracts (for example). If you first play GT5 and then move to GT4, you'll get the Aston Martin contracts, but no BMW GT4 contracts.

Thank you for the answer Stephen, but what it the point of it?

I mean, just because some people aim for the Zero to Hero achievement, why should they be punished, so they are not able to drive the car they would like? (also we are forced to drive the Superkarts)
I do agree, that starting in a higher tier should not give all the contracts, but don't see why this is the case for an ongoing career, where a driver would earn the contracts.

If its not a bug, then I have to say, that is not the best way to do it. (in my opinion).
Maybe you guys should re-consider that.

IJerichoI
22-07-2015, 12:34
Well, you won't get every contract offer you want in real life too. But I don't know if it is possible to get the BMW in a consecutive GT4 season?

The better way may have been to create contract pools where teams are randomly picked from for the seasons, hence opening the possibility to get the car you want everytime (or not, if you're unlucky). So you may end up with three possible teams including the one you've been driven for, and get also a bit variation to the career experience.

NemethR
22-07-2015, 12:40
Well, you won't get every contract offer you want in real life too.

I agree, but you know, Project Cars is a game, where you can do what you want, how you want, start in tier 8, ok, start with LMP1? Not a problem.
Because of this non-restritive system, I find it a bit strange to restrict contract offers :)