PDA

View Full Version : Session limitations for kart tracks?

Lessen
10-07-2015, 13:13
I notice I cannot add practices, qualifying and warm-up to a session if a kart track is selected. Now I admit I have not tried them all, but this seems the case. Is anybody else having this issue and is this something that can be fixed in a future patch? I'd love to be able to practice with friends and have more options for race formats.

Bealdor
10-07-2015, 13:28
All tracks that don't have pit boxes can't be used by AI in practice and qualy sessions. You can drive alone on the track in FP but you can't put AI cars there because of the missing pits.

Lessen
10-07-2015, 21:41
Ahhh.. I see now. That's a minor bummer, but oh well. Thanks for clarifying the reason for the change in options.

fa-racing
10-07-2015, 21:51
All tracks that don't have pit boxes can't be used by AI in practice and qualy sessions. You can drive alone on the track in FP but you can't put AI cars there because of the missing pits.

ummmmmmmm. horse thief has pits?????? but no practice or qualify...

Bealdor
10-07-2015, 22:14
ummmmmmmm. horse thief has pits?????? but no practice or qualify...

They're not active though. The devs realised during development that the pit system doesn't work on this track for the AI.

Lessen
10-07-2015, 22:23
They're not active though. The devs realised during development that the pit system doesn't work on this track for the AI.

I take it back, this is more than a minor bummer. Even if the game won't let me add AI cars at tracks w/o pit lanes, I still cannot add any session options if I remove the AI "field fillers". That makes me think this is a detail lost in translation. There's no reason to think that gamers would not want to enjoy practices or qualifying at those tracks before the racing commences. I'm trying to put together a karting league, but this issue is a major one for me.

Lessen
15-07-2015, 20:25
Are there any other kart racers out there that find this to be a problem?

Lessen
17-08-2015, 22:58
Does nobody else recognize this as an issue? I don't see how AI cars have anything to do with this problem. Even if I do not want AI cars in the session, the setup screen still locks out the practice/qually options. I am astounded that nobody else seems annoyed by this. So my annoyance aside... do the powers that be think this is something that is fixable via a patch or am I waiting for PCARS2 to be able to practice karting with friends?... maybe.