PDA

View Full Version : T3PA brake pedals - no response

PureMalt77
10-07-2015, 17:16
Hi owners of the T3PA add-on pedals,

As I wanted to try out the 2.0 patch today, realized my brake pedals are pretty much dead.

Calibration noes not raise the bar. In game, as expected, no brakes.
Removed the brake-mod, but same results.
Connections seem fine, at least visually.
Don't think is a game issue, I tried on Driveclub and I have no brakes as well.

So decided to plug in the stock pedals and they work.

Is there any last software-trick I should try, or shall I go directly to TM support? (is 2 months old, so plenty of warranty!)

Cheers,

watchumacallit
10-07-2015, 18:08
you might have a loose or broken wires in the brake potentiometer. I believe there is 3 wires on there IIRC.

PureMalt77
10-07-2015, 19:09
you might have a loose or broken wires in the brake potentiometer. I believe there is 3 wires on there IIRC.

Thx dude. I also believe the problem is mechanical/wiring. But since there is a sticker with the serial number covering one of the screws, I don't want to void the warranty...

Wrote an e-mail to TM support in between. The piece is just 7 weeks old, so let's see what happens.

Fight-Test
10-07-2015, 20:15
Did you try and redo the driver? they had a new one come out a few weeks ago. Might be worth a go before you mess with opening it up. This could get it running again. I called thrustmaster last week when my brake went out and they had me up and running before I was off phone. Just follow the instructions they send you. I dont think the penentiometer is issue because gas and clutch should still work. My guess is the pedals are not talking correctly with your wheel just like mine wasn't.

Give it a go and see if it helps. My pedals are equally as old as yours and I have taken them apart at least 20 time when I was having issue and putting my load cell in it. seriously had callus's on end of fingers from the tiny screws. There isnt much inside to mess up and I think the wire that runs from wheel to pedals would be the wire that is messed up but you should be able to tell.

Feel free to pm if you still have issues after that I can try to help you find another way about it. I feel pretty confident that your issue is the pedals and wheel communicating which is related to the 2.0 patch (i have actually had quite a few random issues since I reset controls after the 2.0 patch, one in which if I stop on track the car will not accelerate).

sbtm
10-07-2015, 20:26
Hi owners of the T3PA add-on pedals,

As I wanted to try out the 2.0 patch today, realized my brake pedals are pretty much dead.

Calibration noes not raise the bar. In game, as expected, no brakes.
Removed the brake-mod, but same results.
Connections seem fine, at least visually.
Don't think is a game issue, I tried on Driveclub and I have no brakes as well.

So decided to plug in the stock pedals and they work.

Is there any last software-trick I should try, or shall I go directly to TM support? (is 2 months old, so plenty of warranty!)

Cheers,

same with my t3pa pedals.

in calibration menue i need 10 tries that the brake pedal is recognized.
In the game itself I see in the telemetry that i have only 50% brake power.

They are about 2 weeks old.

Strange thing is that they are always like this when I start pcars, but when I get them calibrated once they work fine until I close the game and start it the next day or so.

I have no problem at all at Driveclub with the Braking pedal. But that could just be a coincidence.
So I'm not sure it has sth to do with the wiring or so :chargrined:

btw i have the latest firmware on my wheel (t300)

Fight-Test
10-07-2015, 20:48
but did you redo the firmware since you had a issue?

sbtm
10-07-2015, 20:50
no, I have linux and it's a pain in the ass to get the firmware on my wheel. I always have to go and get the laptop from my girlfriend but she lives 90km away and she's really busy atm with studying.

PureMalt77
10-07-2015, 20:53
Did you try and redo the driver? they had a new one come out a few weeks ago. Might be worth a go before you mess with opening it up. This could get it running again. I called thrustmaster last week when my brake went out and they had me up and running before I was off phone. Just follow the instructions they send you. I dont think the penentiometer is issue because gas and clutch should still work. My guess is the pedals are not talking correctly with your wheel just like mine wasn't.

Give it a go and see if it helps. My pedals are equally as old as yours and I have taken them apart at least 20 time when I was having issue and putting my load cell in it. seriously had callus's on end of fingers from the tiny screws. There isnt much inside to mess up and I think the wire that runs from wheel to pedals would be the wire that is messed up but you should be able to tell.

Feel free to pm if you still have issues after that I can try to help you find another way about it. I feel pretty confident that your issue is the pedals and wheel communicating which is related to the 2.0 patch (i have actually had quite a few random issues since I reset controls after the 2.0 patch, one in which if I stop on track the car will not accelerate).

what do u mean by redo the driver? what does the windows driver has to do with the PS4? this was just a driver update, not firmware update... which "instructions" do they give you, do you have that?

PureMalt77
10-07-2015, 20:56
same with my t3pa pedals.

in calibration menue i need 10 tries that the brake pedal is recognized.
In the game itself I see in the telemetry that i have only 50% brake power.

They are about 2 weeks old.

Strange thing is that they are always like this when I start pcars, but when I get them calibrated once they work fine until I close the game and start it the next day or so.

I have no problem at all at Driveclub with the Braking pedal. But that could just be a coincidence.
So I'm not sure it has sth to do with the wiring or so :chargrined:

btw i have the latest firmware on my wheel (t300)

well, for me is like the pedal / wire to wheel is really damaged. in Driveclub I have the same issue: no brakes...
but I agree that is a bit strange, as from the the last time it worked and now, all that happened was the 2.0 patch.
I applied the patch, started the game and, probably my biggest mistake, reset the controller... since that no brakes for me...

watchumacallit
10-07-2015, 22:01
well, for me is like the pedal / wire to wheel is really damaged. in Driveclub I have the same issue: no brakes...
but I agree that is a bit strange, as from the the last time it worked and now, all that happened was the 2.0 patch.
I applied the patch, started the game and, probably my biggest mistake, reset the controller... since that no brakes for me...

Yea, I hear a lot of bad things happening when you do reset controller. My FFB is good from 1.4 so I ddnt do a reset. It seems like it took the changes tho as the centering spring is less now than it was b4 2.0 patch.

PureMalt77
11-07-2015, 08:13
but did you redo the firmware since you had a issue?

So, downloaded and reapplied latest firmware via boot loader.
Below you see a video (sorry for the quality), directly from TM Control Panel in the PC, and it looks like some sort of bad contact with the brake pedal. Around 9s I will press all pedals, you see gas & clutch responding alright, but the brake remain blinking...

http://youtu.be/kXzLImwM0iI

PureMalt77
18-07-2015, 08:47
Update: pedals are really dead, sending them back to TM.

Dropped an e-mail in their support, no response after 3 days. Got things moving after contacting them over phone! So if you need their support, get to the phone first.
As I did not wanted to wait for a reply/repair, I decided to get myself the T3PA-Pro version, and I regret so much to have bought the normal T3PA. Will sell them once I get them back.
I do have the disadvantage that they no longer "fold" into my Playseat Challenge, too bulky. But the pedals are much better, more stable, and perfect if you invert them.

Sproket
18-07-2015, 09:24
Update: pedals are really dead, sending them back to TM.

Dropped an e-mail in their support, no response after 3 days. Got things moving after contacting them over phone! So if you need their support, get to the phone first.
As I did not wanted to wait for a reply/repair, I decided to get myself the T3PA-Pro version, and I regret so much to have bought the normal T3PA. Will sell them once I get them back.
I do have the disadvantage that they no longer "fold" into my Playseat Challenge, too bulky. But the pedals are much better, more stable, and perfect if you invert them.
I had the same problem a few months ago. I saw on GT6 the brake indicator was flickering exiting corners and then when I first got PC I was struggling to stay on one page in setup menu. Fast Forward umpteen calls and emails(that they never replied to until you call again), and uploading vids, pics of serial numbers proof of purchase. They told me it was a potentiometer. Which I opted to solder myself because I lost faith in their ability to turn it around within this century!
It's been good as gold since and I haven't invalidated my warranty because of the communication log.

wyldanimal
20-07-2015, 18:17
I had the same problem a few months ago. I saw on GT6 the brake indicator was flickering exiting corners and then when I first got PC I was struggling to stay on one page in setup menu. Fast Forward umpteen calls and emails(that they never replied to until you call again), and uploading vids, pics of serial numbers proof of purchase. They told me it was a potentiometer. Which I opted to solder myself because I lost faith in their ability to turn it around within this century!
It's been good as gold since and I haven't invalidated my warranty because of the communication log.

hope they honor it if you have future problems.
Make sure you KEEP a copy of the logs yourself..