PDA

View Full Version : I have just had the most retarded convo with EVGA support about Project Cars

TrevorAustin
10-07-2015, 18:34
While still trying to find out why my 980Ti is performing so badly I found using Nvidia Inspector that my shader clock isn't running! i.e. zero.

So I called their tech support in Germany and got transferred to the US.

He told me it is because Project Cars have lots of problems and they can't get the cards working properly so they are just about to release Project Cars 2.

When I said the problem was equally evident in iRacing and AC he asked my framerate in those games he said it probably didn't need it (as frame rate is OK). I explained again, to the manufacturer that I understood it should be running at about 1700 he again said it's probably going to be OK in Project Cars 2 as that's why they've given up on Project Cars 1.

What an absolute ******* ******. How do these cretins get jobs!

SO a wasted phone call and I appear to have a 980Ti with over 2000 shaders that don't shade. I didn't even bother going into the issue with it running at PCI3.0x8 maximum. And now I really want to punch somebody.

Edit. Think this is just Nvidia inspector being out of date.

SeeNoWeevil
10-07-2015, 18:40
While still trying to find out why my 980Ti is performing so badly I found using Nvidia Inspector that my shader clock isn't running! i.e. zero.

So I called their tech support in Germany and got transferred to the US.

He told me it is because Project Cars have lots of problems and they can't get the cards working properly so they are just about to release Project Cars 2.

When I said the problem was equally evident in iRacing and AC he asked my framerate in those games he said it probably didn't need it (as frame rate is OK). I explained again, to the manufacturer that I understood it should be running at about 1700 he again said it's probably going to be OK in Project Cars 2 as that's why they've given up on Project Cars 1.

What an absolute ******* ******. How do these cretins get jobs!

SO a wasted phone call and I appear to have a 980Ti with over 2000 shaders that don't shade. I didn't even bother going into the issue with it running at PCI3.0x8 maximum. And now I really want to punch somebody.

Yeah, something's not right there with the card. I have the exact same system but with 16GB and get an almost constant 60fps at 1080p with most things on Ultra.

Ian Bell
10-07-2015, 19:25
We have zero problems on normal cards. I'd like that guy's name.

Hoopdriver
10-07-2015, 19:35
Don't tell him Pike!

protie
10-07-2015, 20:01
Don't tell him Pike!

"Don't tell him your name Alfred!"

TrevorAustin
10-07-2015, 20:19
We have zero problems on normal cards. I'd like that guy's name.

I'm well aware of that. Idiot that he is.

He's currently on duty, as of 30 seconds before my first post, on the US EVGA helpline (I called Germany and got forwarded automatically as they were closed)

ANd I only get the problem when using the rift, the game in 2D can easily hit 100% with all on ultra, 50 cars and a thunderstorm, and still give me a LOT of FPS.

But didn't get his name, I'm afraid I cut him off rather abruptly after putting him right on PCARS 2.

lollygag
10-07-2015, 20:30
I'd be willing to bet you've already dealt with him here complaining on the forum Ian.

stephenb
10-07-2015, 20:47
Trevor - you do know that there isn't a shader clock on your GPU? At least not one that is distinct from the rest of the core. Nvidia used to have GPU's where the shaders ran at a higher frequency than the rest of the core but not for a few years now.

TrevorAustin
10-07-2015, 22:48
Trevor - you do know that there isn't a shader clock on your GPU? At least not one that is distinct from the rest of the core. Nvidia used to have GPU's where the shaders ran at a higher frequency than the rest of the core but not for a few years now.

Nope, i absolutely didn't, until about an hours research later, might have expected the manufacturers to know that, was just clutching at straws to explain the performance woth the dk2 just for p cars. But its not that lol

thepharcyde
11-07-2015, 06:43
Egg face