PDA

View Full Version : PC v2.0 with a Fanatec GT3RS2 wheel : the experience is far from acceptable

titou09
12-07-2015, 10:39
I'm playing PC v2.0 with a Fanatec GT3RS2 wheel and the experience is far from acceptable
After both patches (1.4, 2.0), I have deleted all saved games and files related to PC on my PS4 and restarted from scratch
First, the wheel calibration is still broken. If you calibrate the pedals you loose R2/L2 and if you save the setting wihout resetting, the wheel violentely jerks everywhere so no cars is drivable. The trick is to "reset" the wheel in the calibration menu, then calibrate the wheel not the pedals.
Then, with any car on any circuit, there is a massive clipping with the default FFB settings (global + per car)
I have apply all the different settings found by the many guys on here that spend hours to find the right FFB settings for them, usually clipping becomes ok but the FFB is so weak that you don't feel anything on how the cars behave...(yes weak, even with FFB=100+tyre=100)
This is in addition to tens of bugs already identified (land mines, ghost walls, erratic AI bahavior, online problems,etc, etc just read the list of tens of bugs still not solved in the forum), I maybe hit 30 myself
Maybe this game is OK with other hardware but not with PS4 + Fanatec GT3RS2
Also as a console user, I expect to just have to put the disc in the PS4, and all the default settings (calibration, FFB) should be acceptable to have a reasonably pleasant experience, and from there, spend some time to adjust the settings. The reality is far from this.
Up to now, I've spend a hundred more time just trying to find a setting that will render the experience "acceptable", than driving a car

So, my advice if you have PS4 + Fanatec GT3RS2, either pass your turn or pray that a day, a patch will make this game playable and enjoyable.
And IMHO, this should be priority #1 before adding contents or correcting more "cosmetic" problems

ChrisK
12-07-2015, 13:40
Also as a console user, I expect to just have to put the disc in the PS4, and all the default settings (calibration, FFB) should be acceptable to have a reasonably pleasant experience, and from there, spend some time to adjust the settings. The reality is far from this.

There's a lot wrong with pc by way of bugs, I'll grant you that and quite possibly you have done bugs with your wheel and PCars...But how do you expect developers to try and meet every users expectations and preferences for ffb feel ? This is an unreasonable request. The fact that you can tweak the ffb to such a huge degree is a massive feature of the game cos individuls can set it up how they like to drive.

As a console user you should be happy we have a genuine sim to race with instead of the arcade racing games. Yes, it takes time, yes it can be tedious to start off with but once you get it right, it's a pleasure.

stella-stig
12-07-2015, 20:34
There's a lot wrong with pc by way of bugs, I'll grant you that and quite possibly you have done bugs with your wheel and PCars...But how do you expect developers to try and meet every users expectations and preferences for ffb feel ? This is an unreasonable request. The fact that you can tweak the ffb to such a huge degree is a massive feature of the game cos individuls can set it up how they like to drive.

As a console user you should be happy we have a genuine sim to race with instead of the arcade racing games. Yes, it takes time, yes it can be tedious to start off with but once you get it right, it's a pleasure.
So your saying because it's the only sim we should be happy it's full of bugs and some times unplayable

titou09
12-07-2015, 21:35

Ddi you read my post? Did you read you twice your answer before insulting people?
What I expect is that on PS4 with the defaut settings, there is at least no massive clipping ..
I play on PS4 with a Fanatec GT3RS2 wheel, I'm quite sure I'm not alone with this hardware...(Am I?)

The fact that you can tweek FFB with a few tens of settings is great, but I would greatly prefer that default settings are OK with less slider to adjust it to your taste If I can choose.Make it OK first, then add features. This is clearly not the case (ie clipping and other problems). And even after works tens of hours on those setting and tested all the setting posted on here (even the one dedicated to the GT3RS2..), it is not acceptable

This is an unreasonable request? are you serious?

ChrisK
12-07-2015, 21:49
So your saying because it's the only sim we should be happy it's full of bugs and some times unplayable

I can get how you could have misinterpreted my post. After all, one could have lost the point where I acknowledged the game had loads of bugs. Let me go back and check...did I mention that somewhere...oh yes...I did...in the first line.

Did you go to school or did you get comprehension lessons from the back of a corn flakes packet ?

Ddi you read my post? Did you read you twice your answer before insulting people?
What I expect is that on PS4 with the defaut settings, there is at least no massive clipping ..
I play on PS4 with a Fanatec GT3RS2 wheel, I'm quite sure I'm not alone with this hardware...(Am I?)

The fact that you can tweek FFB with a few tens of settings is great, but I would greatly prefer that default settings are OK with less slider to adjust it to your taste If I can choose.Make it OK first, then add features. This is clearly not the case (ie clipping and other problems). And even after works tens of hours on those setting and tested all the setting posted on here (even the one dedicated to the GT3RS2..), it is not acceptable

This is an unreasonable request? are you serious?

now now my delicate little petal...no need to stamp your feet and have a little tantrum. Where did I insult you ? lmao go on...I dare you to point out where I insulted you without looking like a 13yo schoolgirl.