PDA

View Full Version : Best racing wheel?

GuitarInferno
12-07-2015, 11:01
I've been having my Thrustmaster T80 for like three months now and im already tired of the progressive force feedback. There's nothing realistic about it as they say on their website. So should i go for the T300?

tgrey
12-07-2015, 13:02
Buyers remorse is a bitch, but honestly I've had my t300rs for only a few weeks, and it's already starting to break so often it's getting difficult to use. I emailed support 4 days ago and still haven't received a response.

When it works, it's great... but it's like that old car that you have to start *just right*, or the juke box that the Fonz has to hit to play. And even then sometimes it decides to skip right in the middle of your favorite song =\

Pirategenius
12-07-2015, 13:07
I've had no problems with the cheaper T100. The FFB on it is good, probably not as good as the T300/500 and definitely not as good as the G25/27. But it's better than the T80 and is more reliable than the 300.

Bluedice
13-07-2015, 09:10
Well I've always had the G27, and use to love it for what it was and its price. That at least until Logitech decided to come up with a excuse to cease its support on the PS4. Now I'm between the T500 RS (which isn't officially supported on the platform either, big issue) or buying the "new" G29 which is just a G27 with two new buttons minus a shifter.

In the end I'll probably buy a gaming Windows PC, keep my old G27 and forget about car games on consoles. It's probably cheaper, more secure and future proof in terms of hardware support and investment.

Fanatec wheels look fantastic, but I'm not sure how far their support will go on the PS4 or future iterations of the PS, so I would only really consider them a viable investment if I was already on the PC.

Racer Pro
13-07-2015, 09:13
the t80 is the best because its the one i have ;)

Ally_bassman
13-07-2015, 10:00
My T300rs has been brilliant for me, not too sure where these reliability problems have come from?

Fight-Test
13-07-2015, 13:07
The t300 is amazing. Bought before game came out and now have the F1 rim which is amazing and lets you map more buttons and I have the pro pedals with load cell and its pretty amazing also. If you need customer support at any time call the hotline and they will send you what you need to test and fix right there.

I wouldnt get t100, the t80 is actually prob the fastest of them all as it has no force feedback but ruins immersion. All the guys I race with have issues with t100 or have had issues. THe biggest seems to be lack of consistency of the feel of wheel with same settings from user to user. Like every t100 is different. YOu can find plenty of post on here with issues with it and I think most come from the fact its not a true supported wheel on ps4.

Awong124
13-07-2015, 15:12
I've been really impressed with my T300 so far. Had it for about 2 months, and I play PCARS for a few hours everyday, and so far no mechanical issues.

K_Soze
14-07-2015, 00:22
It is all in my signature:)

Diablo944
14-07-2015, 01:05
No issues with my t300. Working perfectly

ralphy0502
15-07-2015, 15:48
T300 is pretty good mechanically and feel wise, although it has build quality issues, i would strongly advise buying better pedals to go with.
The pedals move side to side, causing horrible squeaking if you accidentally don't move the pedals in an arrow straight way. The pedal plates started to show signs of wear (and i'm not joking) after about 3 hours of play. Now i have had it for around 2months with 5 hours a week of play, they look terrible. Out the box the pedals had a big deadzone so i had to take them apart and realign the pedometers to get rid of it.
Also the wheel itself does not sit straight, it is angled to the right slightly.

I had to upgrade from the g27 as projectcars is impossible with a controller, otherwise i would of kept the g27. G27 build quality is amazing compared to the t300, i miss it :-(. But as i said, mechanically the t300 wheel is better. If I had found out about the G29 before buying the t300, i probably would of been very tempted to buy that even at its rather steep price.

Kingleo
15-07-2015, 16:12
Just got my G29 a few days ago. I have not tried it with the PS4 yet. Overall feel and FFB strength is much better then the DFGT (never had a G27)

the pedals are great. the break has great resistance. It feels like a Conical Rubber Brake Mod is installed. It's a better set then the T3PA for my TX that I paid $100 for.

The biggest gripe is the wheel is too close to the base. There is like a inch between the paddle shifters and the base. I have already banged the hell out of my knuckles.

Synner40
15-07-2015, 16:26
Just got my G29 a few days ago. I have not tried it with the PS4 yet. Overall feel and FFB strength is much better then the DFGT (never had a G27)

the pedals are great. the break has great resistance. It feels like a Conical Rubber Brake Mod is installed. It's a better set then the T3PA for my TX that I paid $100 for.

The biggest gripe is the wheel is too close to the base. There is like a inch between the paddle shifters and the base. I have already banged the hell out of my knuckles. nice to know I owned a DFGT and I am upgrading to a G29,waiting for the ups guy now.

Ajnn
15-07-2015, 16:34
The T300 is great but this is my second T300...... https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_kiGpFcjx3VS1NGY0NMZjhNOTQ

Octane100
15-07-2015, 17:03
The T300 is great but this is my second T300...... https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_kiGpFcjx3VS1NGY0NMZjhNOTQ

What is in that link its requesting permission to access the drive

Fight-Test
15-07-2015, 20:23
hey ralphy, if you mean your wheel isnt aligned there is a way to realign it straight. I forget for sure but I think you put wheel dead center and hold Mode, PS and Start button for a few seconds and fixed.

Diablo944
15-07-2015, 22:05
Also the wheel itself does not sit straight, it is angled to the right slightly.

I had to upgrade from the g27 as projectcars is impossible with a controller, otherwise i would of kept the g27. G27 build quality is amazing compared to the t300, i miss it :-(. But as i said, mechanically the t300 wheel is better. If I had found out about the G29 before buying the t300, i probably would of been very tempted to buy that even at its rather steep price.

Also wondering about the angled to the right? Do you mean the wheel isnt straight when the calibration completes? Or that the wheel mount itself is out of whack? Either way, flight test said what to do if its the first option, if its the second then all i can say is mine is fine.

ralphy0502
16-07-2015, 07:53
Also wondering about the angled to the right? Do you mean the wheel isnt straight when the calibration completes? Or that the wheel mount itself is out of whack? Either way, flight test said what to do if its the first option, if its the second then all i can say is mine is fine.

It's the second option, the wheel mount itself. 212016

falm
16-07-2015, 09:52
Used a G27 on PS3 and switched to T300 with PCars on PS4. Wheel is fine and the price tag was O.K. (last year, increased recently here in AT). Can't say any negative things over the T300.

I'm only missing the shifter and the clutch from my G27, this would add additional cost in the T300 world.

rocafella1978
16-07-2015, 11:07
I've been having my Thrustmaster T80 for like three months now and im already tired of the progressive force feedback. There's nothing realistic about it as they say on their website. So should i go for the T300?

I think, as an owner of the latest TM T100 (you can search for my threads in the PS4 technical help forum), i can say with confidence stay away from it!!! horrible and cheaply made, prone to break (it is all over the internet, brake pedal or gas pedal, springs break!) just search here in the forum for pictures...you won't believe what people say about those pedals once u look at them closely (when taken apart, it does not get cheaper than that in regards to assembly and manufacturing) anyways, T300, seems solid choice, although personally I think if you do get the T300RS, you can't stay with the stock pedals, because very sadly those are the same as the T100 pedals (yes! indeed taken apart pictures on the internet all over!) only difference I found is, that the T100 have plastic pedal faces and the T300 has metal pedal faces.
couple of points on the Logitech G29 or Logitech: i have had the G25 and G27 in the past, my G25 sadly I sold on ebay, then my G27, i took with me to my deployments overseas! for years! and was driven and abused by many on Gran Turismo I had keeping us busy there in free time or you know relax. anyways, that same G27 is with my nephew in Germany, and he is still playing with it!!!! no issues until now!! so yes, I decided to go with the G29, old tech whatever, Logitech has quality, long lasting devices and hardware and so I decided to go with G29 ($399 for a complete, realistic feeling, sturdy, good feeling wheel, paddles and pedals. beautifully designed wheel and pedal set, even though it looks like G27, I really don't care!). (no matter what the stories are about business decision, support and what not! marketing and political decision have no impact on me as a consumer, next gen consoles (Sony, MS and "Nintendo?") will always push manufacturers to come out with new products!) so wheel, all leather wrapped, feels great, not noisy, very smooth turning and quiet, paddle shifters have smooth shift/ click, not noisy at all like other paddle shifters, pedals have some wonderful resistance, pressure and I think there is progressive resistance to the pedals if I am not mistaken. (brake at least) also little note: i am researching and will test what will be compatible in MODDING from G25/G27 to G29 and report here on the forum!

Thrustmaster (TM) now:
TM T300RS, same here, $399USD, only issue I have with them is, that you pay for the set but you have to or almost will spend another $150USD on the T3PA-PRO, or you will will mod your stock pedals, in all honesty, the stock pedals just don't feel like anything on the T300RS for $399! but that is just me, hope some T300RS owners can give their feedback here and weigh in from their own experience.

now finally to FANATEC:
yes, indeed wonderful, I have the Fanatec CSW V2 on my PC with Heusinkveld-Engineering Pro Pedals! only issue I have with Fanatec...if you want to purchase, you have to get on pre-order, waiting list, or invitational BS...I find that as consumer annoying as hell and some people around the globe have made it a BUSINESS to purchase quickly on Fanatec and sell on FORUMS, EBAY and what not for a lot more $$$$! that's the beef i have with Fanatec...and so far nobody has answered if Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 is compatible with pCARS on PS4...since Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2 are NOT available anymore!!! unless you go all ebay and have either up to $700-1200 USD for the CSW V2 with V2 Pedals to spend on ebay/ forums of people who are selling theirs or making a business out of it.
hope this helps, all the above of course IMO!

Diablo944
16-07-2015, 15:30
I love the t300, but stock pedals are shite. You can make them better with a bit of tweaking, but still not quality items at all and let down the package. I switched to pros and the difference is night and day.

Awong124
16-07-2015, 16:11
I love the t300, but stock pedals are shite. You can make them better with a bit of tweaking, but still not quality items at all and let down the package. I switched to pros and the difference is night and day.

I have a G27, so I just got an adapter and use those pedals.

Ajnn
16-07-2015, 16:22
What is in that link its requesting permission to access the drive

I think that you could see it now.

Sasquatch
16-07-2015, 20:54
It's the second option, the wheel mount itself. 212016

Oh my god, It has been bothering me to why it's like this. It doesn't interfere with anything with the way the wheel works. Just bugs the crap out of me and i'm glad others noticed this too!

Mine has been like this since out of the box. Is it how the motor is secured instead the shell? Anyone called Thrustmaster on it?

Mr.Smoke
16-07-2015, 21:02
Stay away from TM products. T300 at same cost as G29 but includes same garbage pedals as the T80/T100. Totally unacceptable. People talk shit about logitech being money hungry, but look at TM. Oh, you dont like the plastic pedals included in your $400 wheel? Dont fret, we offer "better" ones, at an additional cost. Even the pro TM pedals likely arent in the same league as the G29 ones.

I broke, and repaired my T100 pedals already & am having it replaced under warranty. Im selling the replacement & buying a G29 because logitech technology is tried, tested & true. I know its going to work & last many years to come, unlike TM stuff breaking before even logging 200 hours on it. Sad really.....

spidey11
16-07-2015, 22:26
Just to throw my 2 cents in on this.

I had a g27 for PS3, didn't plan on changing it until I figured out ps4 didn't accept it.
Had to buy another wheel, at the time no news about future Logitech wheel and I was excited about the hype of the TH t300rs.
Bought the t300rs and initially loved it, the button design, the wheel feel and the ffb.
I've had it for about 2 weeks, last night after 2 hours of racing the wheel gets too hot and loses 90% of ffb.
There are massive problems with T300rs and over heating issues and right now I'm wondering if I purchased the right wheel

Anyone have ideas of fixing the heat issue without voiding the warranty cuz this thing may not last as it is. Small fan running over the top of it is all I can think of while not voiding warranty.

ralphy0502
20-07-2015, 15:38
Just to throw my 2 cents in on this.

I had a g27 for PS3, didn't plan on changing it until I figured out ps4 didn't accept it.
Had to buy another wheel, at the time no news about future Logitech wheel and I was excited about the hype of the TH t300rs.
Bought the t300rs and initially loved it, the button design, the wheel feel and the ffb.
I've had it for about 2 weeks, last night after 2 hours of racing the wheel gets too hot and loses 90% of ffb.
There are massive problems with T300rs and over heating issues and right now I'm wondering if I purchased the right wheel

Anyone have ideas of fixing the heat issue without voiding the warranty cuz this thing may not last as it is. Small fan running over the top of it is all I can think of while not voiding warranty.

I don't actually have this issue, maybe i don't have FFB strong enough for it to cause an issue.... My fans do go mental though. The only thing i would suggest is turn down the ffb maybe.

Another annoying quality issue with the t300, the small rubber patch behind the paddles on the wheel, It is to sticky giving you the sense that the paddles are clicking twice, it has been driving me mad. Fixed it at the weekend by covering the patch with paper. Now it no longer sticks and feels lovely :-)

Logitech build quality with thrust master internals would be a perfect wheel.

TrevorAustin
20-07-2015, 15:47
I've had no problems with the cheaper T100. The FFB on it is good, probably not as good as the T300/500 and definitely not as good as the G25/27. But it's better than the T80 and is more reliable than the 300.

What a strange comparison, t300 and certainly 500 are a league ahead of the geared 25/27 and now 29.

Even the fanatec founder, not that long ago said the best combo was t500 and csw pedals. Although doubt he'd say that now:)

rocafella1978
20-07-2015, 16:13
What a strange comparison, t300 and certainly 500 are a league ahead of the geared 25/27 and now 29.

Even the fanatec founder, not that long ago said the best combo was t500 and csw pedals. Although doubt he'd say that now:)

FANATEC founder, said T500 and CSW Pedals are best? A companies founder, dismissed his own products and stating another manufacturers wheel is better than his combined only with his pedals??? aha...hmm...okay....would you happen to have that statement from the founders? (since owned by ENDOR AG) would love to see their statement on the above claim.
Dipl. Kfm. Thomas Jackermeier andDipl. BW (FH) Andrįs Semsey

Fight-Test
20-07-2015, 16:45
spidey, that is how it is built. I cant find the specs of it but the wheel cuts out if it gets too hot. It can take some time to come back on. I found the thrustmaster notes on this the other day but cannot find. Seen around the forum. What you are experiencing is what is supposed to happen so you wheel doesnt burn up. I havent experienced it but I run normal ffb settings. Sound like you have yours way to high. Also make sure you reset your controls since the patch. This will allow the patch to take effect for the ffb.

daddyboosive
21-07-2015, 07:24
Fanatec all the way if you can afford it. I've had mine for 5 years now and it's still going strong. Support is good for consoles too.

Azure Flare
21-07-2015, 08:32
Speaking for PS4 only here:

Logitech - The G29 is nothing more than the G27 with a new rim and is PS4 compatible. If it was sold for $350 with the shifter, it would be a steal. But no, they sell it for over $400 without the shifter. Since this new wheel (and the identical G920) are essentially G27s, these can be modded to within an inch of their lives.

Thrustmaster - They have 4 compatible wheels, the T80, T100, T500 RS, and T300. IMO, the T80 and T100 are not even on the level of the G29. If you can find a T500 RS for a good price, it's worth looking at.* The T300 is much better though. FFB strength feels roughly the same, but the delivery is so much smoother. It's a fair bit quieter too. However, they will nickel and dime the hell out you. You want 3 pedals? $80 (Or whatever the T3PA goes for). You want a shifter? $250! They reuse old shit far too much as well. The crappy 2 pedals are from an old Ferrari wheel that dates back to early PS3 days. They even have the audacity to resell the T500 RS pedals as "T3PA Pro". Probably for more than $100 at least.

Fanatec - Yes, the Germans do better than the Swiss and French companies. True quality hardware, nothing gets piano black plastic and gets rehashed as a "new". You have to be willing to shell out some serious $$$ to have it too. A CSW V2, 918 RSR rim, Clubsport sequential shifter, and the new Clubsport V3 pedals coming next month would push initial purchase to over well over $1,000.

*Speaking of that, mine is sitting collecting dust. Start a conversation with me if you're interested.

rocafella1978
21-07-2015, 10:54
Speaking for PS4 only here:

Logitech - The G29 is nothing more than the G27 with a new rim and is PS4 compatible. If it was sold for $350 with the shifter, it would be a steal. But no, they sell it for over $400 without the shifter. Since this new wheel (and the identical G920) are essentially G27s, these can be modded to within an inch of their lives.

Thrustmaster - They have 4 compatible wheels, the T80, T100, T500 RS, and T300. IMO, the T80 and T100 are not even on the level of the G29. If you can find a T500 RS for a good price, it's worth looking at.* The T300 is much better though. FFB strength feels roughly the same, but the delivery is so much smoother. It's a fair bit quieter too. However, they will nickel and dime the hell out you. You want 3 pedals? $80 (Or whatever the T3PA goes for). You want a shifter? $250! They reuse old shit far too much as well. The crappy 2 pedals are from an old Ferrari wheel that dates back to early PS3 days. They even have the audacity to resell the T500 RS pedals as "T3PA Pro". Probably for more than $100 at least.

Fanatec - Yes, the Germans do better than the Swiss and French companies. True quality hardware, nothing gets piano black plastic and gets rehashed as a "new". You have to be willing to shell out some serious $$$ to have it too. A CSW V2, 918 RSR rim, Clubsport sequential shifter, and the new Clubsport V3 pedals coming next month would push initial purchase to over well over $1,000.

*Speaking of that, mine is sitting collecting dust. Start a conversation with me if you're interested.

still have not gotten a reply from Fanatec, nor any forum...are the Clubsport V3 Pedals + CSW V2 compatible with PS4? (since the Clubsport Pedals V2 are NOT available anymore unless you find them on ebay or such)

Marrrfooo
21-07-2015, 11:20
I love my T300. I didn't have any of the wear problems one or two people have talked about (use mine wearing socks - not shoes - maybe that was contributing to their wear?). The base pedals are fine - they look far more plasticy and cheap than they actually are. I had no problems with them whatsoever, no deviation of movements, no dodgy deadzones or anything. A friend of mine bought one too - had no issues thus far either.

I have bought the T3PA-Pro's and they're excellent. Really hefty (about 4x times the weight @ ~8kgs). Excellent ability to hang or hoist them. More adjustments for both pedal position and angle than the standard. The rubber brake mod is really good. They're £150 but they make a massive difference and, for me, are worth it.

I think I'm going to invest in the TM 28 GT wheel for the extra buttons and feel against the stock wheel - but it's a great wheel by default - it's mostly the extra button usage (as I use Astro A50's I can't plug a keyboard in as my USB slots are all used up and at present don't own a bluetooth keyboard but might well invest).

I rarely tend to have the FFB set to higher than about 80% as the force at maximum is really strong and doesn't feel necessary. This might well aid the lifespan of the wheel - but the motors reduce power when they overheat to prevent burnout. The fans are usually active but they're not very loud at all - although it has severl automatic levels of cooling output and at max of course it's louder than it normally is.

Given the choice even now I'd go T300 for the customisation and the general consensus that it's a more modern wheel - arguments regarding build quality aside (as they are all have merits against both TM and Logitech manufacturing).

I know that Fanatec wheels are good - my friend had one - but his broke twice. But again that isn't necessarily representative of the average quality of their wheels - I think the same can be said of TM...

Flaw3dGenius
21-07-2015, 12:21
If purely for Pcars i would not go with the T300 as for me the wheel does not feel great at all with this game and also has centre spring issues. If i were to buy a wheel now it would be Fanatec all the way.

Diablo944
21-07-2015, 12:51
Fanatec all the way if you can afford it. I've had mine for 5 years now and it's still going strong. Support is good for consoles too.

I thought pcars was the only thing that worked with fanatec on ps4. Original reason i went for t300 was because i wasnt sure what else the fanatec worked with. Not complaining, i actually like the t300 and so far its working fine for my needs. Love the look of the fanatec pedals. I bouggt the pro tm pedals and have no complaints there, but the new fanatecs look awesome

rocafella1978
21-07-2015, 13:48
I thought pcars was the only thing that worked with fanatec on ps4. Original reason i went for t300 was because i wasnt sure what else the fanatec worked with. Not complaining, i actually like the t300 and so far its working fine for my needs. Love the look of the fanatec pedals. I bouggt the pro tm pedals and have no complaints there, but the new fanatecs look awesome

Fanatec problem, waiting time, limited supplies and nothing in stock...and $$$$$$ expensive! also reading and following Fanatec threads PC and PS4, also seem to be massive problems across platforms and various differences in hardware on identical systems with unexplained/ "able" problems.

but have the Fanatec for my PC too. and really great, if I had the $$$ would go for Le Bodnar wheel setup for PC. (already have H-Eng Pro Pedals, love them!)

Awong124
21-07-2015, 15:01
I love my T300. I didn't have any of the wear problems one or two people have talked about (use mine wearing socks - not shoes - maybe that was contributing to their wear?). The base pedals are fine - they look far more plasticy and cheap than they actually are. I had no problems with them whatsoever, no deviation of movements, no dodgy deadzones or anything. A friend of mine bought one too - had no issues thus far either.

I have bought the T3PA-Pro's and they're excellent. Really hefty (about 4x times the weight @ ~8kgs). Excellent ability to hang or hoist them. More adjustments for both pedal position and angle than the standard. The rubber brake mod is really good. They're £150 but they make a massive difference and, for me, are worth it.

I think I'm going to invest in the TM 28 GT wheel for the extra buttons and feel against the stock wheel - but it's a great wheel by default - it's mostly the extra button usage (as I use Astro A50's I can't plug a keyboard in as my USB slots are all used up and at present don't own a bluetooth keyboard but might well invest).

I rarely tend to have the FFB set to higher than about 80% as the force at maximum is really strong and doesn't feel necessary. This might well aid the lifespan of the wheel - but the motors reduce power when they overheat to prevent burnout. The fans are usually active but they're not very loud at all - although it has severl automatic levels of cooling output and at max of course it's louder than it normally is.

Given the choice even now I'd go T300 for the customisation and the general consensus that it's a more modern wheel - arguments regarding build quality aside (as they are all have merits against both TM and Logitech manufacturing).

I know that Fanatec wheels are good - my friend had one - but his broke twice. But again that isn't necessarily representative of the average quality of their wheels - I think the same can be said of TM...

I don't know where you got that idea, but the TM 28 doesn't have any extra buttons. It has exactly the same amount. The leather does feel a lot better though.

Fight-Test
21-07-2015, 15:20
marrrfooo, you need to look at f1 addon. A few more buttons and better feel. The tm 28 is the same size as what you have now.

Diablo, check out the load cell for pedals from ricmotech. Awesome mod.

Fanatest
21-07-2015, 15:22

The Fanatec wheels work on any/all games that include the drivers ;)

F1 2015/PCars work fine with the CSWv2 CSPv2/v3 and any rim + CSS-SQ on PS4.
Additionally EVO stated that they are looking into adding more wheel support (especially fanatec in the coming months) and most upcoming games, such as GT7 etc will very likely support the wheel too.

Turn 10 are using the Fanatic CSWv2 and XBOHUB during the development of FM6 (as did ACon PC) so it's very well supported hardware on all platforms ;)

I'm sure that most (if not all developers/studios) that add wheel support in one way or another to their PS4 game, will add fanatec support at the same time.

Also the v3 pedals work on PS4/XBO/PC with the latest firmware ;)

The greatest thing about the Fanatec CSWv2 (and its rims) is that it (and the peripherals attached to it such as pedals / shifter etc) can be used on all 3 platforms at the touch of a button.

1 wheel base, 1 XBOHUB + GT Rim (and whatever peripherals you have plugged into to) can be used on PC/XBO/PS4 at the touch of a button ;)

rocafella1978
21-07-2015, 16:07
The Fanatec wheels work on any/all games that include the drivers ;)

F1 2015/PCars work fine with the CSWv2 CSPv2/v3 and any rim + CSS-SQ on PS4.
Additionally EVO stated that they are looking into adding more wheel support (especially fanatec in the coming months) and most upcoming games, such as GT7 etc will very likely support the wheel too.

Turn 10 are using the Fanatic CSWv2 and XBOHUB during the development of FM6 (as did ACon PC) so it's very well supported hardware on all platforms ;)

I'm sure that most (if not all developers/studios) that add wheel support in one way or another to their PS4 game, will add fanatec support at the same time.

Also the v3 pedals work on PS4/XBO/PC with the latest firmware ;)

The greatest thing about the Fanatec CSWv2 (and its rims) is that it (and the peripherals attached to it such as pedals / shifter etc) can be used on all 3 platforms at the touch of a button.

1 wheel base, 1 XBOHUB + GT Rim (and whatever peripherals you have plugged into to) can be used on PC/XBO/PS4 at the touch of a button ;)

problemnis though, looon waiting time, out of stock, almost $700-1000 USD price tag and if you order today might get it in 2-3 months if lucky...I have to say I found it annoying, in a market like today they should step up production (and please do not say quality or quality control...have had mine already replaced before i opened the box and plenty of friends with malfunctions and mechanical issues out of the box) BUT regardsless, I do own CSW V2 fanatec gear and do think they are very good!!!

TrevorAustin
21-07-2015, 17:16
FANATEC founder, said T500 and CSW Pedals are best? A companies founder, dismissed his own products and stating another manufacturers wheel is better than his combined only with his pedals??? aha...hmm...okay....would you happen to have that statement from the founders? (since owned by ENDOR AG) would love to see their statement on the above claim.
Dipl. Kfm. Thomas Jackermeier andDipl. BW (FH) Andrįs Semsey

Its on fanatecs own forum stated by Thomas, yes, not very hard to find, how about you go and look instead if trying to be clever and name drop people you don't really know.

Azure Flare
21-07-2015, 17:20
still have not gotten a reply from Fanatec, nor any forum...are the Clubsport V3 Pedals + CSW V2 compatible with PS4? (since the Clubsport Pedals V2 are NOT available anymore unless you find them on ebay or such)

Yes, will be very compatible. You'll just have to update the drivers for the base.

They also mention it on their damn site.

Gaz B 007
21-07-2015, 17:38

There's no right or wrong wheel to get. It depends on what type of experience you want to get I guess. I've used a DFGT. a G27 and now a T500. All have been great in their own ways. Obviously you're limited on compatibilty for the PS4 but I'd vouch for the T500. I also use my buddys T300 when I visit and I can also say it's a good wheel. Do you want a clutch? are you planning to get a shifter? If not save yourself some cash and go for the T300. A lot of it is personal preference really. Just go with what makes you happy.

rocafella1978
21-07-2015, 17:57
Its on fanatecs own forum stated by Thomas, yes, not very hard to find, how about you go and look instead if trying to be clever and name drop people you don't really know.

yes I am registered there, could not find it. anyways glad your reply to mine is productive and would appreciate the link to the post inside Fanatec Forum.

rocafella1978
21-07-2015, 17:59
Yes, will be very compatible. You'll just have to update the drivers for the base.

They also mention it on their damn site.
thanks for mentioning and pointing out, in their support email it said to me that for other platforms I should contact game publisher or devs. but thank you and also got confirmation from WMD members.

rocafella1978
21-07-2015, 17:59
There's no right or wrong wheel to get. It depends on what type of experience you want to get I guess. I've used a DFGT. a G27 and now a T500. All have been great in their own ways. Obviously your limited on compatibilty for the PS4 but I'd vouch for the T500. I also use my buddys T300 when I visit and I can also say it's a good wheel. Do you want a clutch? are you planning to get a shifter? If not save yourself some cash and go for the T300. A lot of it is personal preference really. Just go with what makes you happy.

very well said! personal preference indeed.

Fanatest
21-07-2015, 18:06

Could you link to that?
I work for/with fanatec and I'm very curious to see the post, I'd assume he was joking as Thomas (Mr T) is known for his antics ;)

Marrrfooo
22-07-2015, 07:54
I don't know where you got that idea, but the TM 28 doesn't have any extra buttons. It has exactly the same amount. The leather does feel a lot better though.

Sorry, I misled there somewhat. What I meant was the three way switch actually works like 3x extra buttons on top of the standard wheel. So click left, click right and a click in - so it has extra potential use as buttons (though they are not strictly buttons in the common sense, to be fair). It's not much but it's actually just about spot on for adding just the few extra functions that I think could be really useful.

Marrrfooo
22-07-2015, 07:56
marrrfooo, you need to look at f1 addon. A few more buttons and better feel. The tm 28 is the same size as what you have now.

Diablo, check out the load cell for pedals from ricmotech. Awesome mod.

I flirted with the idea of the F1 wheel - but overall a circular wheel is more useful for me. As I prefer the full turn of a normal wheel, using the F1 wheel like that would be a waste. Plus I'm not really one for changing the wheel front on and off - hence my lean towards the TM28GT - as I can essentially replace the default wheel.

It doesn't take long to replace the wheel in all fairness, but I just don't like the idea of constantly (un)screwing it as I flit between formulas quite a lot.

:)

rocafella1978
22-07-2015, 13:18

I guess no updates anymore? (I am still hoping and waiting for your link to the Fanatec post you mentioned here)

Fight-Test
22-07-2015, 14:48
I flirted with the idea of the F1 wheel - but overall a circular wheel is more useful for me. As I prefer the full turn of a normal wheel, using the F1 wheel like that would be a waste. Plus I'm not really one for changing the wheel front on and off - hence my lean towards the TM28GT - as I can essentially replace the default wheel.

It doesn't take long to replace the wheel in all fairness, but I just don't like the idea of constantly (un)screwing it as I flit between formulas quite a lot.

:)

You wouldnt take it off! Its that good. The original rim that is the same size as leather rim is sitting collecting dust. I get what you saying if you drive alot of road cars but if you drive, GT3, LMP or open wheel you will want a short steering ratio anyway so you will never go hand over hand. In a hairpin im about 100 to 110 degrees of turn at 6.9.1 ratio. This would be on par with real race cars. If your a big old car or road car driver I can see having the round wheel as being better suited so you can leave the ratio high. I felt like the stock rim is just to small in diameter. Its smaller than my go kart rim and just didn't feel natural to me.

Awong124
22-07-2015, 15:39
Sorry, I misled there somewhat. What I meant was the three way switch actually works like 3x extra buttons on top of the standard wheel. So click left, click right and a click in - so it has extra potential use as buttons (though they are not strictly buttons in the common sense, to be fair). It's not much but it's actually just about spot on for adding just the few extra functions that I think could be really useful.

Even with that it has the same amount of overall functions as the stock T300RS rim. Turning the knob to the left is Share, turning it right is Options, and pressing it in is PS. The stock rim just has actual buttons for those functions. If you don't count the knob functions as buttons, the TM 28 wheel actually has less buttons as than the stock rim. I have both rims, and I am pretty sure it is exactly the same. So don't expect the TM 28 rim to give you more functions.

Fight-Test
22-07-2015, 16:09
just like the F1 rim that has Share, Opitons and Home as the 3 toggle switches and you cannot remap those on ps4.

VBR
22-07-2015, 18:14
I have a Fanatec GT2 wheel, which mostly works fine on Gran Turismo, but is as buggy as can be on Project CARS. I can't recommend any wheel for this game.

rocafella1978
23-07-2015, 00:07
I have a Fanatec GT2 wheel, which mostly works fine on Gran Turismo, but is as buggy as can be on Project CARS. I can't recommend any wheel for this game.

sorry to hear that VBR! are you planning to change to another Fanatec setup?

VBR
23-07-2015, 13:26
sorry to hear that VBR! are you planning to change to another Fanatec setup?

I'm actually planning on getting a cheap second hand Xbox 360 & trying Forza 4 out, that & going back to GT6 on PS3. If money was no option I'd get a gaming PC & try Project CARS on that, but I'm on a very tight budget & cannot afford it.