PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3

marco101
12-07-2015, 11:21
Hello Everybody

Short and simple: The Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3, will the Game Support the force feeback Motors on the pedals?

thanks

marco101
15-07-2015, 18:41
nobody knows?

Sankyo
15-07-2015, 18:43
They are working on it.

MikeyTT
15-07-2015, 18:50
Remco: I've never checked, but does that mean the v2 brake rumble motor isn't currently supported either?

I've tended to use fanaleds, but never thought to check if there was native support.

Ta...

mermoid
16-07-2015, 17:22
Remco: I've never checked, but does that mean the v2 brake rumble motor isn't currently supported either?

I've tended to use fanaleds, but never thought to check if there was native support.

Ta...

I get nothing without Fanaleds on the V2s

MyBailey07
17-07-2015, 03:00
Works fine for me on V2. Need to be on the latest firmware though...

SpaceGhost1911
17-07-2015, 03:15
Works fine for me on V2. Need to be on the latest firmware though...

Do you have your pedals connected to the wheel or via USB?

MikeyTT
17-07-2015, 14:09
I'm running the latest firmware (v219), but when the update happened I didn't notice if there was anything specific for the pedal base. I have mine connected to the CSW v2 base.

I've recently stopped using fanaleds to see what the pCars LCD output looks like, but it certainly didn't give me any brake rumble.

I'll try again over the weekend to make 100% sure.

MrPix
17-07-2015, 16:06
I'm running the latest firmware (v219), but when the update happened I didn't notice if there was anything specific for the pedal base. I have mine connected to the CSW v2 base.

I've recently stopped using fanaleds to see what the pCars LCD output looks like, but it certainly didn't give me any brake rumble.

I'll try again over the weekend to make 100% sure.I only get brake rumble when the pedals are connected via USB. I don't get any from the game with them connected via the base. I don't think the latter has been added to the pCARS code yet although the latest driver/firmware from Fanatec accepts the input from the game IF the game output's the right calls.

So if I'm right, the code could be added SMSoon, but is probably way down the list of priorities.

Fanapryde
17-07-2015, 16:21
They are working on it.
I ordered the V3 set, but I'm guessing the FF motors wil not work on PS 4 ?

jgaganas
17-07-2015, 16:31
Any owner-review in yet? Is it worth the upgrade from CSP v2 (with modded shock damper)?

Same goes basically also for CSW v2 (i'm still on CSW v1 here)... thanks.

MrPix
17-07-2015, 16:41
I ordered the V3 set, but I'm guessing the FF motors wil not work on PS 4 ?I'm so tempted to get the v3.... has anybody on here done a true comparison? Is the extra spend worth it after getting the v2's less than a year ago?

Mahjik
17-07-2015, 17:22
I'm so tempted to get the v3.... has anybody on here done a true comparison? Is the extra spend worth it after getting the v2's less than a year ago?

I think they are still only pre-order so I doubt there are any comparisons yet.

MrPix
17-07-2015, 17:41
I think they are still only pre-order so I doubt there are any comparisons yet.Thanks, I was hoping that a certain privileged moderator may have a set already....(not you BTW)

Mahjik
17-07-2015, 17:47
Thanks, I was hoping that a certain privileged moderator may have a set already....(not you BTW)

Nope, I know who you are referring to.. However, given there is little information out there today, that person would likely be under NDA and wouldn't be able to say anything anyway. ;)

MikeyTT
17-07-2015, 17:52
I only get brake rumble when the pedals are connected via USB. I don't get any from the game with them connected via the base. I don't think the latter has been added to the pCARS code yet although the latest driver/firmware from Fanatec accepts the input from the game IF the game output's the right calls.

So if I'm right, the code could be added SMSoon, but is probably way down the list of priorities.

I may try the USB then. If I were to guess I would suspect that as SMS add the v3 support that v2 via the base will appear then.

I've actually asked for the Fanatec SDK, so I can integrate this into vrHive, but not heard back yet. Then I have control ;)

Sankyo
17-07-2015, 18:10
Thanks, I was hoping that a certain privileged moderator may have a set already....(not you BTW)

I've been using them for months already, but of course I'm biased and certainly won't tell people they shouldn't buy them ;)

Personally I think that the new brake is worth the upgrade alone, and then there's the smaller things like easier access to the sensor connectors (all RJ45 connectors now) and the fact that you can take apart all 3 pedals separately for maintenance without having to disassemble the whole set.

ZiggyUK
17-07-2015, 18:12
I'm so tempted to get the v3.... has anybody on here done a true comparison? Is the extra spend worth it after getting the v2's less than a year ago?

Yes I am waiting to hear about this to. It is such a shame they will not do an upgrade path from v2 v3.

ZiggyUK
17-07-2015, 18:14
I may try the USB then.

Mike, I have found the v2 are better via USB overall rather than going through the wheelbase, I am assuming it maybe resolution related but not got the time to look that up right now and of course I know Remco can answer that one.

Sankyo
17-07-2015, 18:23
Mike, I have found the v2 are better via USB overall rather than going through the wheelbase, I am assuming it maybe resolution related but not got the time to look that up right now and of course I know Remco can answer that one.

The resolution is 4x as high via USB, though I'm not convinced that you would really notice this (I did the math a ling time ago, the result was that you would have to be able to control the pedals with your feet with sub-mm precision to feel the difference). Maybe it's related to USB delay/lag on your particular PC?

MrPix
17-07-2015, 18:31
I've been using them for months already, but of course I'm biased and certainly won't tell people they shouldn't buy them ;)

Personally I think that the new brake is worth the upgrade alone, and then there's the smaller things like easier access to the sensor connectors (all RJ45 connectors now) and the fact that you can take apart all 3 pedals separately for maintenance without having to disassemble the whole set.Thought so ;). Yes it is the brake I'm most interested in and the more hardy load cell too. Do you have the additional brake and/or accelerator dampers installed too?

Fanapryde
17-07-2015, 18:35
I ordered the V3 set, but I'm guessing the FF motors wil not work on PS 4 ?
Someone ?

jgaganas
17-07-2015, 19:17
Personally I think that the new brake is worth the upgrade alone, and then there's the smaller things like easier access to the sensor connectors (all RJ45 connectors now) and the fact that you can take apart all 3 pedals separately for maintenance without having to disassemble the whole set.

Thanks Remco, brake is for sure most important.

Whats your opinion on the CSW v1->v2 upgrade? I like my FFB more on the soft/detailed side, and i've read v2 isn't as "detailed" as v1 (but stronger, more reliable/constant)... true?

Sankyo
17-07-2015, 19:23
Thanks Remco, brake is for sure most important.

Whats your opinion on the CSW v1->v2 upgrade? I like my FFB more on the soft/detailed side, and i've read v2 isn't as "detailed" as v1 (but stronger, more reliable/constant)... true?
Not true, the v2 is able to convey details better than the v1.

Sankyo
17-07-2015, 19:24
Thought so ;). Yes it is the brake I'm most interested in and the more hardy load cell too. Do you have the additional brake and/or accelerator dampers installed too?

Still have to install those dampers, so no experience with those yet.

Fanapryde
17-07-2015, 20:15
Still have to install those dampers, so no experience with those yet.
OK, and could you help me out here (see my two previous posts) ?

Do the FF motors of the V3 work on PS4 ?

Sankyo
17-07-2015, 20:19
OK, and could you help me out here (see my two previous posts) ?

Do the FF motors of the V3 work on PS4 ?
The game doesn't support them yet on any platform.

Fanapryde
17-07-2015, 20:20
The game doesn't support them yet on any platform.OK thanks !

MrPix
18-07-2015, 18:47
I may try the USB then. If I were to guess I would suspect that as SMS add the v3 support that v2 via the base will appear then.

I've actually asked for the Fanatec SDK, so I can integrate this into vrHive, but not heard back yet. Then I have control ;)Patch 2.5 gives me brake vibration on slip when CSPv2 pedals are attached to the CSWv2 base with ABS = OFF on wheel settings and Driving Assists = Real in game... woohoo.. thanks SMS!

afroguy
20-07-2015, 20:55
@ Remco.

Hi. I just took delivery of my V3 pedals and Pcars doesn't recognise them at all. I tried them on AC and they work fine. I'm running the latest drivers and firmware from Fanatec. How are you getting your pedals to work as the in game calibration does nothing when I depress the pedals and nothing happens in free practice either.

I just assumed because they are literally brand new that PCars doesn't support them yet, but if you are running them i'm at a loss. I'm using them via USB and my wheel is the GT3RSv2.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

marco101
20-07-2015, 20:58
what a pity so I guess I wait a little longer....

dresified
20-07-2015, 21:29
You have to go to controls then the far right tab to edit button mapping.
set the clutch brake and gas here then back out and calibrate pedals.

@ Remco.

Hi. I just took delivery of my V3 pedals and Pcars doesn't recognise them at all. I tried them on AC and they work fine. I'm running the latest drivers and firmware from Fanatec. How are you getting your pedals to work as the in game calibration does nothing when I depress the pedals and nothing happens in free practice either.

I just assumed because they are literally brand new that PCars doesn't support them yet, but if you are running them i'm at a loss. I'm using them via USB and my wheel is the GT3RSv2.

heatseeker
29-07-2015, 13:14
Is there a easy way to remove clutch pedal? I would like to switch clutch / brake positions 'cause CSL Stand is very uncomfortable for braking:

http://i.imgur.com/78wZIxgh.jpg

Sankyo
29-07-2015, 13:18
@ Remco.

As dresified already answered above, you first have to assign the pedals.

Sankyo
29-07-2015, 13:22
Is there a easy way to remove clutch pedal? I would like to switch clutch / brake positions 'cause CSL Stand is very uncomfortable for braking:

http://i.imgur.com/78wZIxgh.jpg
I haven't studied the construction of the CSP v3 closely yet, but if it's similar to the v2s then you'd need to take the pedals apart by removing the left side of the frame completely, then slide off the clutch and brake pedals and then put them on in reversed order again.

heatseeker
30-07-2015, 15:30
I haven't studied the construction of the CSP v3 closely yet, but if it's similar to the v2s then you'd need to take the pedals apart by removing the left side of the frame completely, then slide off the clutch and brake pedals and then put them on in reversed order again.

You're right. It's a little bit complex but... it works!! Now, I can brake well!

http://i.imgur.com/83gNa43l.jpg

bububu75
20-08-2015, 13:43
Hi,
My brand new Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 are not recognized by P Cars. I use a T500RS wheel. In command panel, when I set to "T500RS and separate pedals", I cannot calibrate the pedals by pressing them : 0.
( In Assetto C, pedals name appeared and calibration worked perfectly)

I tried with "Fanatec wheel", with "single wheel"....

Can anyone help ?
Many thks

bububu75
20-08-2015, 13:53
....I am on PC, Windows 10, 64 bits..

Intruder59
20-08-2015, 14:16
Same here ... Win 7/64 bit ... driver 219, Firmware 1.8 separate on CSP V1.

Bealdor
20-08-2015, 14:21
Threads merged.

Solution in post #32 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34746-Fanatec-Clubsport-Pedals-V3&p=1056025&viewfull=1#post1056025)

Loney
07-03-2017, 19:56
You're right. It's a little bit complex but... it works!! Now, I can brake well!

I have the same problem with my Playseat F1.
Can you tell me which components you had to change and how? I would like trying to reconstruct my pedals as yours.. Did you add some wires, too?
Nice regards

RomKnight
07-03-2017, 21:00
Just as a side note, seperate pedals does not mean "other set of pedals" or "pedals not connected to a base".

It means that the brake and throttle pedals are not on the same axis where you could only either brake or accelerate IIRC. I don't have anything like that since one MS wheel that connected to a joystick port... or whatever :D