PDA

View Full Version : How to pit stop with damage repair?

Lipti
12-07-2015, 20:27
I need your help, seems I'm too stupid to do a pit stop :(

Today I did an online racing and someone played destruction derby in Project CARS, causing a frontal collision to my car. I managed to drive with a loose hood/bonnet/engine cover (sorry, I don't know the correct English word) into the pit lane to get it fixed.

I opened the current pit stop strategy and made sure that everything for damage repair has been set to YES. I went back to the pit stop menu and chose the last menu item (close menu). I expected that this triggers the start of the actual pit stop works but nothing happened!

The pit crew released the damaged car and I had to drive another lap with the hood in front of the windshield, not able to see anything ;)

Next pit stop, I tried again, renamed the strategy, made sure that it has been enabled as the active pit stop strategy. I've waited in the pit stop menu to try if closing the menu is just canceling the actual pit stop, but nothing happened. So I think I have to close the pit stop menu to start the works? I closed it, again - they released my car without repairing the damage.

I had to give up because not being able to see anything (hood in front of the windshield). :(

What am I doing wrong? Please help, I didn't find a manuel how to pit stop in Project CARS.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Kruleworld
13-07-2015, 03:04
the 'repair damage' option is on the second page of the pit stop settings.

Bob_bob
13-07-2015, 03:47
It appears pit stop only repairs damage for real damage, cosmetic damaged doesn't get fixed. Like if your head lights are damaged you can't get them back. Had it twice happen to me for the Le Mans, several hour s into the race. Driving in the dark is impossible.

AdM1
13-07-2015, 03:53
It appears pit stop only repairs damage for real damage, cosmetic damaged doesn't get fixed. Like if your head lights are damaged you can't get them back. Had it twice happen to me for the Le Mans, several hour s into the race. Driving in the dark is impossible.

The headlights not being fixed is going to be fixed in an update as I think they were meant to be changed or at least enough people made a fuss for it to be changed.

Bumpers etc I believe stay broken, I had wondered if it effects aero still.

Invincible
13-07-2015, 07:44
The headlights not being fixed is going to be fixed in an update as I think they were meant to be changed or at least enough people made a fuss for it to be changed.

Broken aero gets repaired physically but not visually, unfortunately. (Is this correct with that much "ly"??)

doyley101
13-07-2015, 07:50
Pit stops in this game are really quite poor...

Roger Prynne
13-07-2015, 08:38
I've waited in the pit stop menu to try if closing the menu is just canceling the actual pit stop, but nothing happened. So I think I have to close the pit stop menu to start the works?
Yes you have to close it before any work is done.

Lipti
15-07-2015, 08:57
the 'repair damage' option is on the second page of the pit stop settings.

Everything was set to YES on that page when the problem occurred.

Like driving with the bonnet in front of the face. :)

The crash affected the FFB of my wheel. Steering got very soft. After the pit stop - if I remember it correctly - it stayed soft. So it appeared to be not repaired (in addition to the still broken visual elements).

Pit stops in this game are really quite poor...

Sadly yes :( Sad, because the rest of the game is outstanding good!

Yes you have to close it before any work is done.

Thank you for the information! Then it just didn't get repaired...

Nats
16-07-2015, 12:32
Pit stops are certainly an acquired skill in this game it seems, I dont think I have ever seen my tyres changed or damage fixed yet, and in free practice I went straight through the pits twice and the car wouldnt even pit even though the bloke was there. Helps to know that it doesnt get done if that menu is open though - dont know why that is the case when the game pauses to allow you to make changes to the strategy anyway.

By the way what does change driver do? Does the driver gradually get exhausted in long races or something?