PDA

View Full Version : Can't activate on Steam?

Stiggie
12-07-2015, 21:35
I have installed and played the game (bought it in the official store). But now the game disappeared from my HDD and from my Steam Library. If I try to activate the game trough Steam it says it is an invalid code.
What to do now?

Roger Prynne
13-07-2015, 00:23
This seems strange indeed.
When you say that you 'bought it in the official store' do you mean through steam?

Morgan Henstridge
13-07-2015, 01:52
If it was installed on a second HDD, separate from the main steam install, Steam may have just dropped the information for this "Library".

Check it has all your game locations set in the Steam Settings.

Also, in Steam itself on the Store Page, does it say you already own Project Cars??

Stiggie
13-07-2015, 09:14
This seems strange indeed.
When you say that you 'bought it in the official store' do you mean through steam?

No via the project cars store. I then received a code with instructions tot activate it on Steam.

If it was installed on a second HDD, separate from the main steam install, Steam may have just dropped the information for this "Library".

Check it has all your game locations set in the Steam Settings.

Also, in Steam itself on the Store Page, does it say you already own Project Cars??

I installed Steam interely on my second HDD. It won't show up in the steamapps/common folder and it doesn't show in the library or store as purchased..

Roger Prynne
13-07-2015, 09:53
Have you tried re-installing steam?

Vittorio Rapa
13-07-2015, 09:56
Are you sure you're using the same Steam account? :) ...sometime it happen that you purchase a game (or redeem a code) with another account, if you own multiple accounts or multiple emails.

Stiggie
15-07-2015, 12:10
Have you tried re-installing steam?

Yes I did yesterday, doesn't seem to help..

Are you sure you're using the same Steam account? :) ...sometime it happen that you purchase a game (or redeem a code) with another account, if you own multiple accounts or multiple emails.

Yeah I checked every account that I know but it is nowhere to be found...

I sent an email to Steam if they could help me on this matter. Thank you guys for helping. Steam will probably take a while to respond so any suggestions are still welcome..

Mad Al
15-07-2015, 13:25
try following this before doing anything else

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638

I've had other weird steam issues and that sorted it

Stiggie
27-09-2015, 21:34
So the code looks like this: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. That isnt a steam code. Since I bought it trough the official store I assume the code is legit. But where to activate it?

Stiggie
29-09-2015, 13:19
No one has a clue?

Mad Al
29-09-2015, 15:01
No one has a clue?

So let me get this right.. you purchased the game, installed it and played it. Now you are asking if the Steam code is legit... even though you must have used the code to add the game to Steam in the first place to be able to play it ?

Have you heard back from the people at Steam yet, as they would be the people to chase if it has vanished from your Steam library... and I would hope they could tell you which account a particular key is attached to.

Stiggie
02-10-2015, 05:42
So let me get this right.. you purchased the game, installed it and played it. Now you are asking if the Steam code is legit... even though you must have used the code to add the game to Steam in the first place to be able to play it ?

Have you heard back from the people at Steam yet, as they would be the people to chase if it has vanished from your Steam library... and I would hope they could tell you which account a particular key is attached to.

That is correct. I played it once and then it disappeared.. I mailed Steam about the key and they have send me a mail with a link to check but Project Cars is not in that list. I thought I'd try to activatie it again but it said the key was not valid..