PDA

View Full Version : Australian Club Event - Thursday 16 July 2015.

spidey11
13-07-2015, 11:09
Aussie racers,

Australian Club Event this Thursday 16 July 2015.

LOCATION REVEALED:
Sakitto International

Date/Time:
Thursday 16 July 2015 @ 2130 hrs AEST. (NSW Timezone)

Qualifying / Race info:
Quali will be 10 mins, starting at 2130 hrs.
Race will be 12 laps at a race track disclosed HERE 24 hours before the race event.
Dry daylight race.

2nd race will be a reverse grid with the first lap being a formation lap to get in the correct positions.

Vehicle:
Ginneta G40 Juniors.

Vehicle assist:
All assists will be allowed as it is how you want to drive, and to help out any controller people.

The 2 big rules are keep it CLEAN & have FUN.

1 mandatory pit stop will need to be taken. It will be up to you if you want to change tyres or how much fuel you put in. Please practice your own pit stop strategy before the race as you could have problems and it will cost u a lot of time.

The chat:
Please below comments about mic level as it will be game chat due to the numbers in the race. Use the chat appropriately, i.e. Let ppl know where you are to avoid collisions and be respectful.

The lobby:
It will be a private lobby and invite only. To make sure we are on time, please join the lobby 5-10 minutes prior to 9:30pm as we will start then and hope you do t get left behind

Please below about racing a clean race and if we do come thru the field on the reverse grid, take the opportunities but don't force anything. A clean race is a fun race :)

Anything that I've left off please let me know and I'll add it to the post. This is the first event we are organising so it's no big deal if any mistakes are made, using it as a trial event.

PS4 user names for event listed below:
Spidey_11
Rooz31
IronMask75
emscooter
sneekynuts11
SUBGTRACER
buggie_brain
driveclub007
EMGonzo
hkraft300
The_Yowie
Eeesteeedeee
danielson343
HazeOne68
Bunyinp_McLuvin
J0002472
(there could be more that i have forgot but there could be some ppl who don't/can't show up)

Keen but not this time:
Farmerboy
Furters44
There are more names that will join but i just haven't added them yet.

Start using this site, it was created by one of the Devs I think and is a great idea.
http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

Location revealed:
Sakitto International.

ChrisK
13-07-2015, 12:46
Good stuff mate. Make sure people are in the lobby and ready for your invite a good 5-10mins before the race.

Is there a mandatory pit ? If so, I recommend that everyone set up their pit strategy before Thursday cos it can take a while. Given the pit bugs in the game I'd also recommend that you delete everything but your chosen strategy to avoid the issue of the wrong strategy being chosen.

I take it we will be running chat in the main lobby cos there will be more than 8 people. If so can everyone pls check their mics before the race and make sure that the sensitivity is turned down. We don't want to be hearing your race thru our headphones. If you can see your mic activating on screen and youre not talking...the sensitivity is too high.

A few points on etiquette if I may mr web...

For everyone...check your mirrors, be courteous to others when exiting the pits or when re-entering the track. If your not on a hot lap in quali...get off the racing line. It's a 12 lap race, you can't and wont win at the first corner.

For the faster guys, especially in the reverse grid...don't be an asshole. Everyone wants to have fun and has a right to be on the track so don't think you can just ram people off the road cos they lap slower than you. The reason you are faster is most likely cos you play more often not cos you have some crazy God given driving gift and you're the next Lewis Hamilton.

Egos have no place in community racing. We are all there to enjoy eachothers company and have a good race. Hope we can all get it going. Good work spidey !

Ps: ffs don't pick a long circuit in these cars, we'll be ther all freakin night !

hkraft300
13-07-2015, 13:31
Oh yeah 2130 AEST right? Sounds mad.
Let's do some e-skids in our digital Ginettas ;)

Haven't driven them at all yet. Should be fun.

Furters
13-07-2015, 19:37
I'll be there. (Furters44)

buggie_brain
13-07-2015, 20:34
If there is a mandatory pit maybe we need to force a maximum starting fuel to make it worth while.

Are we going to run mechanical failures or not?

Looking forward to it guys, can't wait!!

IronMask75
13-07-2015, 20:45
Haven't even looked at pit strategy yet (beyond what was required to get the trophy). Will have a look tonight and see what's involved to set one up for Thursday. I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

jason
13-07-2015, 21:03
Hehehe this is going to be interesting :)

Oh I think Haze should be notified of this race asap.

Yowie
13-07-2015, 23:28
Add me to that list. I'm keen for this but as I've said before I have wheel issues and may pull out before race. Looking forward to finally racing with an Aussie/NZ crew instead of the rubbish from overseas!����

HazeOne68
13-07-2015, 23:54
Cheers Subby. I'm in if i can get home from work in time...

farmerboy
14-07-2015, 00:48
Hi All

farmerboy007 here, good mate of buggie_brain and got a chance to race with a couple of you last night. Hi to Rooz and Furters, also Yowie.

Would love to take part in this, hopefully a few of the guys can vouch for me. Cheers.

spidey11
14-07-2015, 04:08
I'll update the list of names once I'm home this arvo

jason
14-07-2015, 04:11
Nearly a full house.

Furters
14-07-2015, 04:24
How is the formation lap on the second race going to work?

jason
14-07-2015, 04:38
I form up on the front of the grid after having been smashed out on the first corner by rooz in the first corner of the first race ( I'm completely in the wrong but go off my tits) , then coming from last I get back into second only to be completely smashed by spidey only to be sideswiped by Haze , re entering the track I then get clipped by furters ...... I lose my mind and abuse Furters but its actually my fault so I drive up the track the wrong way in a fit of rage and smash in to Iron Mask and EMscooter.

They abuse me and they have every right to , I abuse them I have no right to do so :) But do it anyway as my blood pressure is boiling , Now back on track and in last place once again I pit , coming from the pits I side swip Sneeky nuts who runs into buggie brain ....... I come of second best once again so the only person I have left to reap some type of vindictive revenge on is Driveclub007 ............... In a vain attempt to completely wreck his car on the main straight I hit him and I end up in pit lane pitting allover again.

A complete failure of a race I start abusing Woffu because I didn't manage to upset or smash his car ( he Tells me to get a rat up me and I go Quiet ) , I have managed to wreck everyone else's race in the mean time , I get to start first in the second race WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :) That's how it works :P

Discalaimer This is a completely fictional story and any names or likeness to anyone is purely coincidental .....

Furters
14-07-2015, 04:49
But seriously, how will the formation lap work?

jason
14-07-2015, 05:00
Reversed grid after race one , we will do a formation lap and keep in formation then start after that lap with a rolling start . Person who come last in the first race will start the race . green green green

Furters
14-07-2015, 05:17
Reversed grid after race one , we will do a formation lap and keep in formation then start after that lap with a rolling start . Person who come last in the first race will start the race . green green green

Seems like that would be nigh on impossible to police effectively.

jason
14-07-2015, 05:19
It will be fine , I think we are all Mature enough to do what is right.

Furters
14-07-2015, 05:23
It will be fine , I think we are all Mature enough to do what is right.

Maybe, but I still don't feel comfortable with it so I'll respectfully decline and withdraw myself from the event.

I'm still up for our informal races each night though.

jason
14-07-2015, 05:28
Its just a event not a season bud ..... Its a bit of a trial .

Furters
14-07-2015, 05:31
Its just a event not a season bud ..... Its a bit of a trial .
I understand, it's just not the event for me, that's all.

jason
14-07-2015, 05:44
Fair enough , I will be on tonight for a run Ladies ..... cya there.

Woffu
14-07-2015, 05:50
The reversed grid shouldn't be that hard to sort out.
At the start of the race spidey can tell everyone what position they need to be in by the last corner of the formation lap.
It shouldn't be to hard to police because everyone will know what position they need to be in and if someone is in your position just ask them to get in there correct position.
And like subby said everyone that wonts to race in a good clean league should be mature enough to do the right thing.
And after a few races everyone will work it out.

EMGonzo
14-07-2015, 05:57
I'll be there, looking forward to it. :D

buggie_brain
14-07-2015, 06:20
Furters its really not that hard. Have a look at this video. these guys at TGC do it all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqVVN5mZjDk

jason
14-07-2015, 12:38
Sorry guys net playing up tonight , only for my ps4 mind you will reset it tomorrow.

hkraft300
14-07-2015, 12:57
even if the reverse grid is a monumental f* up, it'll still make for a good laugh hey? ;)
I'd love to see the replay and the concurrent conversation haha

spidey11
14-07-2015, 13:51
It was nice to race with some new people tonight, it always takes a little bit of time to get into the swing of things so firstly welcome had I hope you guys keep coming back for regular racing each nights.

But, it's gotta be said. Racing etiquette does need to be practiced and improved on from a few races we had tonight (Monza first corner and Road America first corner I think). Mistakes will be made and that's fine, everyone's accepts they're not perfect and it is a racing game, but a little more caution into some corners to avoid the collision so everyone has a clean fun race.

Normal "real world" overtaking rules apply.
You must have the pace to get into a position to overtake.
Position the car appropriately, I.e. If ur going inside of the corner, your front of the car must be up to drivers door before going to the next step which is to make sure you control your speed, which in turn controls the corner and does not push the other driver off the track after they give you racing room.
Complete the overtake cleanly, and if it wasn't and you think you would have been hard done by if someone did the same thing to you, then give the place back.

On defending, don't give up the place unnecessarily, but also respect the one move rule of defending.

It's all fun at the end of the day and no you didn't send my real life Aston Martin into a barrier and dinged it up so no one will be mad for honest mistakes. It's a learning process and I'm happy I've found some really nice blokes to race around with on a pretty cool game.

That's enough spidey, go to bed! Peace out

IronMask75
14-07-2015, 21:29
Thanks Spidey. It was fun racing with you guys too. What started out as a practice session between a couple of mates turned into a good shakedown session with around a dozen people.

From a personal perspective, I haven't raced anything since both my PC and PS3 died about 2 years ago, since all I had to play on was the PS4 and as you guys well know, there's been a distinct lack of racing games on the platform and, although I got pCARS at launch, I didn't want to play it much until I got a proper wheel setup. So me and the guys (gonzo, scooter, fozzie) haven't done any full field racing against humans for quite some time and when we race with each other we don't take things too seriously because we're all IRL friends and there's really nothing at stake. Having said that, we're more than capable racers with pretty similar skill levels and are used to each others racing style.

As for last night, there was some give and take I think, but when someone in a non-league, non-serious, impromptu race session comes over the mic with the obligatory "It's the new guys" comment, when it's the new guys who started the lobby was a bit unnecessary and I take it personally because I'm one of the new guys. It was made worse by the fact that at the time, I had slowed successfully for the first corner at Monza and then been punted into the corner from behind and had to try to sort the corner out sideways. I don't know who hit me, so I said nothing. Apart from the people I mentioned above, I don't know who else was a new guy so once again I keep silent.

I apologise for the turn 3 incident in the Formula Gulf at Dubai, but the car in front had gone seriously wide as a result of missing the turn 2 apex and I had the racing line and a tonne of speed, so I took turn 3 at full pace and the guy who ran wide turned into me. Perhaps I should have warned that I was coming but based on his speed I thought I would have been well through the corner by the time he got back on the racing line. I was the recipient of plenty of knocks too last night as a result of other people spinning, getting caught on each other on straights and so forth. I said nothing because I know that shit happens when you don't have the benefit of full vision or highly accurate input devices, so I said nothing and just kept driving.

As I said earlier, this was not a league race, or even an organised event. It started as just a test session for my friends to get used to the Ginetta for tomorrows race and turned into a lobby. There were no sheep stations on the line, just a chance to get to know some of the guys ahead of the organised event and a helpful practice for larger grid racing against non-bots. So, remember guys, not every race is for the crown ;)

Well met Buggy, Dutchy, Smoking_85, HazeOne, Furters, Eeesteeedeee, Spidey, bundyrumdan, MAIK_HLB, GizzlyAdam and others. I look forward to settling into the program and having some fun races (with a lighter fuel load hopefully).

jason
14-07-2015, 21:34
Rash decisions in racing will cost you and someone else there current position , you need to settle in get your rhythm and see where you are faster then the other person and take them cleanly ............ Generally the first corner is not this place.

Lets have some respect for the people that are around you , we know its racing and accidents happen .......... We are trying to get the cleanest not necessarily the fastest guys around to enjoy our pastime ....... being clean will make you faster anyway.

I know some of you guys haven't raced with me before and some have , Rooz , Haze and myself were racing with a different bunch of guys and things would get fairly heated at times ..........This is the last thing I want to be apart off , I am not speaking for them but myself , I want to be involved in the best racing environment possible as I'm sure most of you do .

We have some awesome racers in here and we need to keep the standards up .
I know I wasn't on last night to see what was going on but there was obviously some type of issue.

Be respectful and be clean. You will not win every race that's not how racing works .

I look forward to getting to know " the new guys " :) .......... You are the new guys to some of us , that's not insulting is it?

Oh and just to add one more thing there are a few names in your list that I have never seen before MAIK_HLB, GizzlyAdam ,Smoking_85 if these guys are not familiar with what we are looking for then they may not have helped .

farmerboy
14-07-2015, 22:21
****FALSE START****

Sorry fellas, as far as Thurs night goes I will have to pull out as I completely forgot about a prior engagement. D'oh! Kinda spewing, cos though I am a "new guy", just reading the thread and the tiny bit of racing I've experienced with some of you, shows that you guys are the real deal. Just good clean racing with an emphasis on enjoying the whole deal. Exactly what I'm looking for! So looking forward to catching up in the days and weeks ahead, by then I'll have my wheel sorted and hopefully I'll provide some challenge to some of you.

Regarding the racing etiquette issue, I'm looking forward to learning a whole lot more, especially about the one move defence etc. For me its about awareness, keep an eye on your mirrors and whose in front and behind you and use your mic to let guys know too. (Something I need to practice).

Good example the other night for me, Dutchy was closing in and I knew he was close. From what I hear that's a common occurrence! Anyway he chose to pass on a corner leading onto the straight. As he came up on the inside he's let out a "Inside! Inside!", now if it was with strangers I may have pushed the issue cos it was lineball (in my opinion), but knowing it was Dutchy (who was lapping a solid 2 sec faster anyway) and the communication meant that we both got through the corner unscathed.

It was then that I thought, this is a group I want to race with. Cheers.

Furters
14-07-2015, 22:30
I think people generally don't mind too much when people make mistakes and apologise as shit happens. If we were all perfect racers then we'd probably be real life racers too haha. The one incident that really got me, and I won't name names other that to say that they are not someone who posted above, directly straight line rammed me and drove off, having ruined my race, and that of others from what I hear.

IronMask, I might have been that guy. Cheers for the apology. I was angry at the time but shit happens, no hard feelings mate.

To be fair, we can't get too angry about the open wheelers if people clip each other side by side as the margin for error is so damn small. I'd suggest maybe we stay away from open wheelers until we've all races with each other a while?

jason
14-07-2015, 22:59
****FALSE START****

Sorry fellas, as far as Thurs night goes I will have to pull out as I completely forgot about a prior engagement. D'oh! Kinda spewing, cos though I am a "new guy", just reading the thread and the tiny bit of racing I've experienced with some of you, shows that you guys are the real deal. Just good clean racing with an emphasis on enjoying the whole deal. Exactly what I'm looking for! So looking forward to catching up in the days and weeks ahead, by then I'll have my wheel sorted and hopefully I'll provide some challenge to some of you.

Regarding the racing etiquette issue, I'm looking forward to learning a whole lot more, especially about the one move defence etc. For me its about awareness, keep an eye on your mirrors and whose in front and behind you and use your mic to let guys know too. (Something I need to practice).

Good example the other night for me, Dutchy was closing in and I knew he was close. From what I hear that's a common occurrence! Anyway he chose to pass on a corner leading onto the straight. As he came up on the inside he's let out a "Inside! Inside!", now if it was with strangers I may have pushed the issue cos it was lineball (in my opinion), but knowing it was Dutchy (who was lapping a solid 2 sec faster anyway) and the communication meant that we both got through the corner unscathed.

It was then that I thought, this is a group I want to race with. Cheers.

This is the type of keen person I want to race with, great attitude farmboy

ChrisK
15-07-2015, 00:33
I wasn't on last night but I will call out a few of things from the comments.

1. Open wheelers are a recipe for disaster
2. I like the point furthers made about courtesy. If you make a mistake and punt someone, saying sorry goes a long way.
3. Let's be careful this doesn't get to the point where it's so serious we lose the fun factor. Anyone who thinks racing incidents don't happen is kidding themselves. There are going to be crashes and we have to try a and mitigate that risk but accept that it's a fact of racing.
4. The shakeout period is important. We do need to get to know eachother a little before we can expect the racing to be relatively incident free.

A quick comment about the "new guy" thing. There are 4 "new guys" I've raced with regularly in the last week. Spidey, buggy, furters and Sneeky. They are all very clean and very courteous. It ain't the "new guys". Hazey and eestedee are almost too courteous so it ain't them. That leaves subby I guess....typical...the bloke runs riot If I'm not there. :cool:

jason
15-07-2015, 00:40
I wasn't on last night but I will call out a few of things from the comments.

1. Open wheelers are a recipe for disaster
2. I like the point furthers made about courtesy. If you make a mistake and punt someone, saying sorry goes a long way.
3. Let's be careful this doesn't get to the point where it's so serious we lose the fun factor. Anyone who thinks racing incidents don't happen is kidding themselves. There are going to be crashes and we have to try a and mitigate that risk but accept that it's a fact of racing.
4. The shakeout period is important. We do need to get to know eachother a little before we can expect the racing to be relatively incident free.

A quick comment about the "new guy" thing. There are 4 "new guys" I've raced with regularly in the last week. Spidey, buggy, furters and Sneeky. They are all very clean and very courteous. It ain't the "new guys". Hazey and eestedee are almost too courteous so it ain't them. That leaves subby I guess....typical...the bloke runs riot If I'm not there. :cool:

hahaha another scathing attack from rooz on myself , this is the type of attitude we don't need :)

ChrisK
15-07-2015, 00:50
lol c u tonite mate

jason
15-07-2015, 00:52
Will do buddy , I will be on after fixing my internet late last night.

hkraft300
15-07-2015, 02:38
How many of you race with the HUD? Or at least stay aware of your track position?
Lot of the times its too late by the time I see someone's PSN so I'll call out the position instead like "P5 watch out" or "p5 slow car on the right" if I'm in P4 and spin. It's an awesome idea how Dutchy called out "inside inside" making a pass - a lot of times we can't see or hear a car right next to us.

jason
15-07-2015, 03:03
I play with hud and warn people if im passing them, or attempting to make a tight pass , also if I'm catching up to someone with a fair bit of pace , I will also generally let them know that i'm coming.

Its worth a mention when gaining on someone so they know that you are on the hunt and or if you are slower then someone behind you and its a clean pass let them know ( go go go get passed me now)

Accidents will happen that part is inevitable it's just if they are avoidable accidents and or plane stupid ones

We will be fine we will work it all out guys.211841

buggie_brain
15-07-2015, 03:14
I must admit I called it a night early last not because I wasn't enjoying the racing. There is always going to be accidents but that is not what was happening last night. Ironmask it was not you or your 3 mates that we started the lobby with. I had quite a few races with you guys with no problems, you guys aren't slow and I look forward racing with you again.

There was one name in particular who was causing problems who I'd never seen before. I don't even know who's friend he is or how he got invited.

Anyway to keep up the good race etiquette and courteous driving you should all move over kindly for me when I come around to lap you guys tomorrow.:cool:

Furters
15-07-2015, 03:17
I must admit I called it a night early last not because I wasn't enjoying the racing. There is always going to be accidents but that is not what was happening last night. Ironmask it was not you or your 3 mates that we started the lobby with. I had quite a few races with you guys with no problems, you guys aren't slow and I look forward racing with you again.

There was one name in particular who was causing problems who I'd never seen before. I don't even know who's friend he is or how he got invited.

Anyway to keep up the good race etiquette and courteous driving you should all move over kindly for me when I come around to lap you guys tomorrow.:cool:

Yeah I suspect it's the same name I'm thinking of. Lets hope we see an improvement tonight/tomorrow or whenever we race again

jason
15-07-2015, 03:32
LOL buggie I will move for you bud :)

I'm planning on being on at around 5:30 cya tonight furters

ChrisK
15-07-2015, 03:46
Geez, I'm away for one night and everything goes to shit. :p
Too many queenslanders in the race I reckon. Tuck that second head in boys, it's confusing you.

jason
15-07-2015, 04:09
My peripheral vision is fantastic
211842 211843 You cant talk :) turn left , no turn right

farmerboy
15-07-2015, 04:19

Now I'm even more spewing I won't be there tomorrow night. Just so I could hear is excuse when I lapped him!

FULL DISCLAIMER: I pretty much race just to beat buggie, everything else is a bonus.

spidey11
15-07-2015, 11:30
Location revealed - see post #1.

:)

Scav3nger
15-07-2015, 12:06
Posted a link to this on the Project CARS Oceania Facebook page. Not sure how many PS4 players there are that have liked it, but, seems like you guys are doing okay for numbers at the moment anyway :D

jason
15-07-2015, 21:09
Thanks scavenger much appreciated bud , we are starting to get a core group together ..........That may grow as I'm not exactly sure how big we are going.

Bundyrumdan
15-07-2015, 22:19
If there are any spots left tonight I would be keen.

jason
15-07-2015, 22:49
Hey bundy :) how are you bud.

Current list of players for tonight

Spidey_11
Rooz31
IronMask75
emscooter
sneekynuts11
SUBGTRACER
buggie_brain
driveclub007
EMGonzo
hkraft300
The_Yowie
Eeesteeedeee
danielson343
HazeOne68
Bunyinp_McLuvin
J0002472

That's a full house at the moment bundy , you know how these things go , some people cant make it or something pops up ...................... Be online tonight bud if someone doesn't show then we will let you know .

This will be the first of many mate.

spidey11
15-07-2015, 23:09
Hey bundy, as subby wrote. Jump online at the time as the numbers might change :)

Qualifying for first race WILL determine starting position.
There will be qualifying time for second reverse grid race but this is just to allow setup changes and qualifying result will not matter. Second race is rolling start, once close to the start/finish straight everyone bunch up, stay at 70kmh and the lead car has the voice to start the race by saying yelling " green green green!"

Bundyrumdan
15-07-2015, 23:21
All good, I will be online from around 9pm if anyone drops out.

Woffu
16-07-2015, 01:11
Bundyrumdan can take my spot in tonight's event I will be working still so can't make it.
Spewing I gotta work.

jason
16-07-2015, 01:31
There you go Bundy you are on. Thanks sneeky :(

Yowie
16-07-2015, 07:03
Hi all, I'll be pulling out tonight and for the next week/s until my wheel issue is fixed. I've been in contact with Pagnian Imports and they have agreed to clean swap my T300 for a new one. Hopefully this won't take long and I'll get to see you all on track for some racing.
An extra free spot anyway!
Can someone post the results aswel? Cheers:cool:

ChrisK
16-07-2015, 07:14
Just jumped on to get my fuel worked out. It runs about 1.2L per lap. We wouldn't normally give any tips like that away but it may help some of the new guys. Make sure you have your pit stop strategy worked out !!

Bundyrumdan
16-07-2015, 07:24
Thanks guys, see you tonight.

Looking forward to another Queensland victory

ChrisK
16-07-2015, 07:41
lol you just had to go there !!

spidey11
16-07-2015, 11:04
Anyone else experiencing the pit problem with this track?
I drive in, no matter what speed, but drive past my pit box before i can select anything...

If that's happening with others we might just change the pit stop for a drive thru of the pits. I don't want to scrap it entirely, so maybe a drive thru, no fuel, no tyre change might have to be the day to go.

That means fuel your car to the full laps PLUS one extra lap for the parade lap, otherwise all your good work will result in a big fat 0.

spidey11
16-07-2015, 11:22
Anyone who's on and is going this race, add me on PSN then i can send you an invite

ChrisK
16-07-2015, 13:01
Great job everyone !

Thanks spidey for pulling it together man. Looking forward to the next one. And the ginettas weren't as bad as I thought when raced in a big group. Was a good call racing in some slower cars.

spidey11
16-07-2015, 13:06
Thanks to everyone turning up, hope you had fun :)

The inaugural round goes to Rooz31 with what I believe was a first place in both races. Next time you'll have to start with three tyres.... lol

hkraft300
16-07-2015, 13:07
Thanks spider
Good race everyone
That was fun
Aside from a few freaks in the 1:15s I think the rest of the pack was pretty tight.

jason
16-07-2015, 13:09
Was good fun gentlemen , thank you spidey and well done rooz

ChrisK
16-07-2015, 13:11
Ha ha ! Consistency is key huh ? You and subby were faster than me in both races by a fair margin too. Here I was cheering I pulled a 15.8 and you 2 f@ckers were ripping 15.1's !

I was surprised how well the reverse grid organized itself. I thought it would be a debacle.

jason
16-07-2015, 13:27
Reverse grid worked a treat , I was as surprised as you roozy ...... Now only if I can get my fuel loads right 1.2 + 1.2 ah forget it :rolleyes:

Sorry guys when I left last nite , if I come across rude just leaving , I forget we were on the in game chat so when I come back from having a cigarette to say good game and thanks for the evening I wasn't on chat as I had left the game.

Thank all that showed up it was a great turn out and a good attitude had by all , we do need to make sure players don't enter halfway through the game as Dean did (nothing against Dean for that).
As roozy said consistency is key , I made too many mistakes in the first race and pretty much blew it as I seem to do a lot sitting on the limit of the tyre threshold as the race gets longer. Lesson learnt I think not :)

I had a look at the replay of the second race with the rolling start it was pretty impressive until the first corner :) seeing that a couple of people shot of the track , but as a hole with that particular track with a couple of very tight corners and a tricky down hill section it was a great performance by all ( well done guys I look forward to a lot more of this , slower cars next please :D )

buggie_brain
16-07-2015, 20:54
Had a ball last night boys. Here is race 1 from my driving view.
http://youtu.be/4oQL1FzAnTY

And here is race 2, which was an absolute mess of a race for me due to my crappy driving. I'd prefer if you watched race 1 over and over again, haha.
http://youtu.be/UxtMw_zoG0E

Thanks again spidey and to all the guys that participated.

jason
16-07-2015, 21:10
Sweet thanks buggie going to watch them now .......Champion +1

IronMask75
16-07-2015, 21:14
Another Project Cars disappointment. After complaining that I'd just spent over $2K on hardware to still NOT be able to feel the tires lock up or scrub when I corner hard or brake, and paying my friend in beer to enter the FFB settings for all of the cars because I don't have time for that crap; just as Spidey was about to start the lobby my PS4 decided to spontaneously go into rest mode then shut down. When I rebooted it it had to check the System Storage for errors and I eventually got back into the game. However, when I got back in the lobby, qualifying was locked and it wouldn't let me drive. I resigned to the fact I would just start from the back of the grid and maybe it would help me for the reverse grid, but no. When the race started it locked me into Bumper Cam and no amount of button pressing would get me out, deleted my fuel strategy, giving me max fuel load, and resetting all of my FFB settings to default with an uncalibrated wheel. I tried to persevere but it was clear that bumper cam with pCARS default FFB and a full fuel tank is basically undriveable. Nearly lost it at the start of turn 1, then put a wheel in the grass on the exit and the car went all over the place. So I ragequit and played some Destiny.

I'm pretty disappointed. Been waiting all week for this event and despite having no time for setup and testing due to working full time, I managed a 1.15:999 on default settings with a qualifying fuel load in the practice session I had with Gonzo, scooter, buggy and Esssteeedeee. Wouldn't have won the race based on the times posted above because I was at my limit, but I might have had a shot at a podium, but let down by hardware and software that just should never happen on console.

Now I guess I have to try to forget about it and get drunk on Saturday night as Gonzo, scooter and I are LAN'ing pCARS at my place. Hopefully there will be no hardware errors or software bugs then, and at the next event.

jason
16-07-2015, 22:16
Another Project Cars disappointment. After complaining that I'd just spent over $2K on hardware to still NOT be able to feel the tires lock up or scrub when I corner hard or brake, and paying my friend in beer to enter the FFB settings for all of the cars because I don't have time for that crap; just as Spidey was about to start the lobby my PS4 decided to spontaneously go into rest mode then shut down. When I rebooted it it had to check the System Storage for errors and I eventually got back into the game. However, when I got back in the lobby, qualifying was locked and it wouldn't let me drive. I resigned to the fact I would just start from the back of the grid and maybe it would help me for the reverse grid, but no. When the race started it locked me into Bumper Cam and no amount of button pressing would get me out, deleted my fuel strategy, giving me max fuel load, and resetting all of my FFB settings to default with an uncalibrated wheel. I tried to persevere but it was clear that bumper cam with pCARS default FFB and a full fuel tank is basically undriveable. Nearly lost it at the start of turn 1, then put a wheel in the grass on the exit and the car went all over the place. So I ragequit and played some Destiny.

I'm pretty disappointed. Been waiting all week for this event and despite having no time for setup and testing due to working full time, I managed a 1.15:999 on default settings with a qualifying fuel load in the practice session I had with Gonzo, scooter, buggy and Esssteeedeee. Wouldn't have won the race based on the times posted above because I was at my limit, but I might have had a shot at a podium, but let down by hardware and software that just should never happen on console.

Now I guess I have to try to forget about it and get drunk on Saturday night as Gonzo, scooter and I are LAN'ing pCARS at my place. Hopefully there will be no hardware errors or software bugs then, and at the next event.

iron mask I feel for you buddy , I think we should of perhaps waited for you ....... I do believe with the current state of the game I can see this happening to one person every time we do this (unfortunately )

Soz bud I know that frustration .

ChrisK
16-07-2015, 23:28
In the reverse grid, there was an accident into turn 1 or 2 in the first lap. Pretty sure spidey went off there somehow. What happened ?

spidey11
16-07-2015, 23:47
Haha I had a good adventure on that first lap of the second race.

First off, it was 100% my fault.
Got a blinder of a start of the reverse grid, picked my way thru a few cars in turns one and two (if I did something wrong/questionable please tell me, it's the only way I'll learn) then on the fast left hander just before that dip down the hill I put two wheels on the grass and slid myself off the track :)

Alright, I'll close this thread down in a few days but before that I wanted to hear from people on how the race went, if there were any incidents that happened and if anyone wants to point out any driving problems/ niggles that will help everyone improve.
Constructive feedback is welcome, if you don't discuss it And tell someone they have may cut u off then there's no improvement :)

jason
17-07-2015, 00:28
The only niggle I have is with myself no one else.

ChrisK
17-07-2015, 01:55
Funny moment was when I was following jason and he got a bit loose, I had to back off to make sure I didn't knock him off and the predator spidey saw his opportunity and pulled a verstappen on me ! lol great stuff.

spidey11
17-07-2015, 02:28
I remember that one. Big smile from me when I took that opportunity:)

Very happy I didn't hit anyone lol

Furters
17-07-2015, 02:46
The only niggle I have is with myself no one else.

You probably shouldn't niggle with yourself in public; this is a family forum...:)

jason
17-07-2015, 03:16
I jiggle not niggle :)

ChrisK
17-07-2015, 04:45
So next event I would propose...
Same overarching rules.
Reverse grid continues with the formation lap
Mandatory pit stop.
Spidey announces track day before.

Some suggestions:
Maybe use gt4's this time ?
15 laps
Use increased tire wear rule to make it more interesting at the end of the race. 2x or 5x wear ?

jason
17-07-2015, 04:48
Sounds good .

To early for damage :D Ohhhh the carnage

Giantslayer
17-07-2015, 06:47
G'day guys spewing I missed out on this it seen like a would've been interesting
Quick question how did you guys go with the pitstops was there any glitches with tyre pressure,compound change or also on the reason I ask is that I'm running my own 5 race series with the same car on the RaceOnOz website and I just want to know how smoothly your race went when it comes to the glitches

As well any of you guys are interested in a fun run series on a Monday night you all are welcome to come
http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/monday-night-ginetta-junior-fun-run-series-ps4.1778/

ChrisK
17-07-2015, 07:08
G'day guys spewing I missed out on this it seen like a would've been interesting
Quick question how did you guys go with the pitstops was there any glitches with tyre pressure,compound change or also on the reason I ask is that I'm running my own 5 race series with the same car on the RaceOnOz website and I just want to know how smoothly your race went when it comes to the glitches

As well any of you guys are interested in a fun run series on a Monday night you all are welcome to come
http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/monday-night-ginetta-junior-fun-run-series-ps4.1778/

We don't do tyre changes in pit stops for specifically that reason.

farmerboy
17-07-2015, 08:29
Congrats on the event guys. Watched buggies vids, and looked like it turned out alright. He's coming around tonight to help set up my wheel. Might see some of you online tonight. :-)

hkraft300
17-07-2015, 08:39
Since we're doing confessions...
Someone lost it front of me at the slow right hairpin (that double apex thing with a crest mid corner) and I T-boned him. May have been Bundy. Sorry mate. I slowed up through the chicane to let him recover and pass me but he didn't so I kept going.