PDA

View Full Version : Oculus mirroring - Worked.. Now? Not.

JoelonGc
13-07-2015, 11:56
Hi Guys,

New to the forum and drawn here researching the new patch's Oculus mirroring feature.

When I installed the patch and then started the game with the Oculus, I was blown away by the new interface. So much easier. Then further blown away when I realised the Oculus image was being mirrored on my monitor! And one screen mirroring. So no more OBS and no more 2 images, great! Excited as now others can watch someone play better than ever before, and it all just happens.

Then I quit the game to fix a headset issue. Boot back in, mirroring no longer works. Get the map and hud etc, but all black screen everywhere else. Oculus still working well though BTW.p, this is only effecting the desktop monitor.

Now I have tried everything, AA on off and every type. Virtually every conbination of major and min graphical settings you can think of. In game, driver, GPU interface and optimasationpacks disabled etc. and nothing. shut down plane restarted programs and the PC so many times I am doing it in my sleep!

Anyone else have this experience? Because I cant find a similar report on the web about it, only extremely vague info on fixing a black screen with AA... Nothing that makes me think it used to work, and now doesn't.

JoelonGc
13-07-2015, 23:34
Should have mentioned I run R9 280x in SLI, have tried with one card activated only and still have the same issue

TrevorAustin
15-07-2015, 07:10
Odd, shouldn't have worked at all:) its a wip, maybe next release?

JoelonGc
19-07-2015, 02:18
Well from all the research I have done I agree it shouldn't have worked. No idea why it did and have since figured there must be a work a round but now conbo of settings etc I try being it back

JIVETRKY
24-08-2015, 22:52
Any luck with mirroring? I read something that sounded like PCars disabled mirroring to boost performance in the Rift. Seems like it should be as simple as changing a command line but I just can't find anything else about it.

Captain Vegas
12-09-2015, 05:39
Doesn't work for me either. One of the devs in the oculus setup thread seemed to claim to have it working internally, hopefully they will release it in the next patch.,

TrevorAustin
12-09-2015, 12:06
The only thing mirrored at present is menus and hud.

Be nice to have the option of gameplay mirroring, although I'm not bothered it's nice in other games like ets2.

adriansotov
23-09-2015, 20:05
Any updates on this?

cluck
23-09-2015, 20:56
Any updates on this?Yep, have a read here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21856-Oculus-rift-DK2-Setup-Guide&p=1127582&viewfull=1#post1127582)