PDA

View Full Version : AI driver in control of car after pitstop without choosing swap driver

commanderr
13-07-2015, 14:49
I'm at the moment in a very rough formula A season (season 6 in career) (90% AI and 100% race length). I have had absolutely no problems before in any of my other seasons (including Formula B with the mandatory pitstops) but this season I have encountered a lot of strange things. This is my season so far:

Race 1: Dubai (disqualified after 40 laps for track cutting while most cuts were caused by ai drivers pushing me off the track)
Race 2: Hockenheim (Out of fuel after 55 laps of 67 because default settings do not give you enough fuel for a full race)
Race 3: Brands hatch: (Won the race without problems)
Race 4: Zhuhai (Thunderstorms made car undriveable on track I didn't knew while ai flew over the track. Rage quit after a few restarts)
Race 5: Monaco (Could not find a setup to be compatitive with a.i which also constantly rammed me off track. Rage quit)
Race 6: Spain (Led till lap 40 after pitstop AI is suddenly in control (didnt swap driver) and DQs himself after 3 laps for trackcutting trying to lap a car... No pit button mapped so could not pull him back in...)
Race 7: Brno (Won race without problems)
Race 8: Silverstone (Lead the race, starts raining at lap 10 switch to raintires which are burned up by lap 30. Switch to inters after finding the ai much quicker than me on raintires. Problem during the pitstop which put me back in 11th. Track suddenly bonedry so have to pit again for slicks (ai still blasting trough on inters I think). Back in 20th position. Finally gaining back places due to AI finally pitting and then DQed 5 laps from the end for cutting the track).
Race 9: Nurburgring (led for 40 laps when pitting. AI takes over again!! Having the pit button mapped I schedule a pitstop but the AI refused to come in. DQ-ed himself on lap 55 of 60!!)

I can live with me being disqualified if I cut the track myself even if the warnings are a bit harsh sometimes. The main problem are the two instances where the AI took control over my car and refused to come back in (first time I didnt have the pit button mapped so I couldnt do anything). The AI driver was also DQ-ed after a feq laps for repeatingly cutting the track while trying to lap backmarkers which left me with no points. The first time I thought I clicked the wrong button in the pit menu but second time I was extra carefull and it happened again. It has not occured in the other races or in previous seasons. I have set tire wear to real after Monaco so I did not need to pit in the previous races. Tire wear and fuel were set to slow when I checked after I ran out of fuel in Hockenheim. I also think the times the problem occured I did not receive a message to pit from the engineer but I went in on my own decision. Don't know if this has got anything to to with it.

Hope this can be fixed because I love the game.

blowfishrulez
14-07-2015, 00:57
That is really strange, never happened to me. The DQs and wrecks can be avoided by turning off damage/flags ofc...

Bluedice
15-07-2015, 04:56
For the "Race 4" scenario may I suggest setting the AI level to a big fat zero? It's the only way I've found to make them drop the monorail act.

commanderr
16-07-2015, 09:59
Got the same bug for the third time on race 12 Monza. Luckely the AI was able to finish the race in first without dq-ing himself this time :). I have made 2 ps4share video's to show the bug(s). First video shows the AI driver taking control even when I select close in the pit menu and the second video shows me trying to get the ai to pit and it refusing to come in.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHJAs-lX9Bw
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsy7jNJI2e0

Hope this can be looked in to by the devs.

commanderr
23-07-2015, 15:48
Guess I'm the only one experiencing this issue...

cmch15
27-07-2015, 22:39
Got the same bug for the third time on race 12 Monza. Luckely the AI was able to finish the race in first without dq-ing himself this time :). I have made 2 ps4share video's to show the bug(s). First video shows the AI driver taking control even when I select close in the pit menu and the second video shows me trying to get the ai to pit and it refusing to come in.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHJAs-lX9Bw
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsy7jNJI2e0

Hope this can be looked in to by the devs.

I'm a bit behind here but just watched your first video and noticed you seemed to be editing the strategy for the BMW 320?! I can't look now and can't remember if its possible, but does it have "swap driver" pre saved by any chance?

commanderr
28-07-2015, 22:32
I'm a bit behind here but just watched your first video and noticed you seemed to be editing the strategy for the BMW 320?! I can't look now and can't remember if its possible, but does it have "swap driver" pre saved by any chance?

I'm not sure that is even possible? The game always brings up that bmw setup even though i've set my f1 one as default several times. I have never activly used setups. I only used the screen to change to wet tires. It also never saves my settings in the car setup screen for the next race. It also worked perfectly for some other races in the season. It has only happened 3 times so far.

cmch15
29-07-2015, 21:28
Checked today and you're right, you can't set it to save a driver swap. The pit strategies save for the track so if you have one setup called BMW and one Formula A, both strategies will be available at that track to use with any car but I guess "BMW" is first in the list. Like you I tend to set strategies per race rather than the same for all cars.