PDA

View Full Version : Bianchi news: oh man..

xautos
13-07-2015, 18:23
Details are coming out (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33512672) that Jules father is thinking as if torture was all he see in his son who has been left comatose and possibly brain damaged from the incident.

Even today i have great respect for The Bianchi family with what Jules did in Marussia before that accident in Japan and what their family has endured to date, i dont like to see stuff like this come out, that Philippe is starting to think its hopeless. He should keep fighting the good fight, give his son the chance to see if anything miraclous comes from this. Michael Schumacher had a similar experience with a skiing accident with his son, as i understand it, he is now wheelchair bound and paralysed but his manager Sabine says that he is improving in condition despite having memory loss.

Philippe, keep fighting for your son and dont give up. Jules may still pull through.

#JB17

Edit: can a mod edit the title, get an N in the title in the family surname?

m355y
13-07-2015, 18:33
It sounds horrible and I really don't mean it that way, but realistically Jules died on impact, didn't he? He's gone. If he recovered, it would be the most amazing, emotional thing, seeing him back with us and being able to live a life and enjoy his friends, his family, enjoy the fact Marussia are still going, I dream of the day. But realistically it all went black on that horrible afternoon at Suzuka.

It's been reported over the last week or so that Michael Schumacher has started speaking again. His wife immediately kicked the paper's arse when they reported it as conjecture, but a few reports have kept filtering through and Sabine Kehm was quoted the other week as saying there was 'wonderful news' and he was 'doing much better'. Reading between the lines there, I get the impression he might actually, a few years down the line, be ok. The total media blackout has made it hard to judge what's real and what's speculation, but there are really positive signs.

xautos
13-07-2015, 18:40
It sounds horrible and I really don't mean it that way, but realistically Jules died on impact, didn't he? He's gone. If he recovered, it would be the most amazing, emotional thing, seeing him back with us and being able to live a life and enjoy his friends, his family, enjoy the fact Marussia are still going, I dream of the day. But realistically it all went black on that horrible afternoon at Suzuka.

It's been reported over the last week or so that Michael Schumacher has started speaking again. His wife immediately kicked the paper's arse when they reported it as conjecture, but a few reports have kept filtering through and Sabine Kehm was quoted the other week as saying there was 'wonderful news' and he was 'doing much better'. Reading between the lines there, I get the impression he might actually, a few years down the line, be ok. The total media blackout has made it hard to judge what's real and what's speculation, but there are really positive signs.

i can understand your feeling on the subject of Jules, to me i sometimes think its better to just pull the plug and let him go, but what about hope? its not been a year since the accident and he could still be in there somewhere. very conflicting feeling still over Jules. but most of them want to see him return to us, i agree.

m355y
13-07-2015, 19:06
There is hope. There has to be. I remember reading something a few months ago; basically that nobody has ever survived a diffuse axonal injury (I think?) so severe, for anything like as long as Jules has. His body is still fighting. It was an unsurvivable injury that he has so far, just about, survived. I dunno, Jules is probably my favourite F1 driver. He reminded me so much of my previous fave, Giancarlo Fisichella. Both in the way he looked and spoke, and in his driving style. I followed him from GP2, saw him score those points at Monaco (a shame he got a penalty because he was actually 8th that day), can pretty much recall every part of that horror watching it live on TV, the moment Martin Brundle said "there's another car in there" and the penny dropped. It will live with me for years. The worst thing I've seen live since Simoncelli in MotoGP.

MrFlibble81
13-07-2015, 19:08

Typical media only reporting the bad stuff. I'm a massive Michael Schumacher fan (he was the best F1 driver ever imo, not trying to make this into who is the best F1 driver discussion by the way so stop right now if you're about to type something of that ilk) and I really hope he pulls through and is okay.

As for Jules, I read that story this morning and I hope to God that Jules pulls through and is okay but it must be hell for his family. I pray that's something I never have to go through with my kids.

#ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael