PDA

View Full Version : Photo mode question

Bluedice
13-07-2015, 23:43
Hi,

I'm wondering what's the reasoning for using non-photographic language to approach the photo mode?

And why there is no option for a free camera in it?

I know Project Cars is a racing simulator and that there are more important fishes to fry, but since it's there and it's something that became part of every car game and it's fun I believe it deserves a good revamp.

Also worths noting that adding some dithering to the final processing of photos or simply respecting the sRGB gamut would enhance the final images quite a bit.

Cheers,

Praggia
14-07-2015, 19:49
it clearly was an afterthought

Bluedice
14-07-2015, 20:10
It sure looks like it was, and by the lack of responses it will probably remain that way. Which is a shame because that feature if explored correctly would boost the game "social marketing" a lot.

chig88
16-07-2015, 10:08
I used this for the first time a few days ago & was a bit disappointed to be honest. I probably won't use it again unless it is updated.

It's not as user friendly as the one in Driveclub & a few of the sliders seem to make very little difference to the resulting image. Hopefully it can be improved in the future because the game can produce some truly stunning images with patience.

Bluedice
18-07-2015, 04:32
I used this for the first time a few days ago & was a bit disappointed to be honest. I probably won't use it again unless it is updated.

It's not as user friendly as the one in Driveclub & a few of the sliders seem to make very little difference to the resulting image. Hopefully it can be improved in the future because the game can produce some truly stunning images with patience.

Is not only not as friendly but also produces inferior results. Not to mention that the camera controls are limited and the parameters don't make any sense whatsoever. I hope they replace for a near future.

Deltawave371
18-07-2015, 10:16

Chairman7w
19-08-2015, 16:36
Is not only not as friendly but also produces inferior results. Not to mention that the camera controls are limited and the parameters don't make any sense whatsoever. I hope they replace for a near future.

Agreed. The movement of the sliders on PS4 is all but unusable. They move SO SLOW. It's baffling. I'm no programmer, but it doesn't seem like it would be that big of an issue to make them move faster... does it?

After getting spoiled with The Last of Us, Shadow of Mordor, and Drive Club, I'm very disappointed in the Photo Mode on Project Cars. (shrug) Oh well.

graveltrap
19-08-2015, 18:37
It's such a shame something like a free camera has been over looked :( without it's difficult to make a really good image, I am also missing shutter speed so I can create a sense of movement and speed in my shoots.

I agree that the sliders can be painful to use, I can hold down the button and have a decent power nap in the time it takes to move from one end to the other.

I think I have been spoiled by GT in this area of racing games and what it offers in photomode...

and I forgot about some images getting corrupted along the top edge :(

Machinist90
19-08-2015, 18:48
I just use the replay and steam hotkey for screenshots...

Bluedice
25-08-2015, 22:49
I just use the replay and steam hotkey for screenshots...

That's ok, but you're stuck with the replay camera and it defeats the propose of having a photo mode. PCars could definitely profit from a decent properly implemented Photo Mode.

medse87
26-08-2015, 00:06
Agreed. Tried it once and don't really liked it. Some photos were even corrupted on the top.