PDA

View Full Version : BTCC

Jakob
14-07-2015, 14:38
I just found out, about a month ago, that BTCC is being aired by an American sports station. When I found this out, I was so happy, I immediately checked to see if I got the channel, it wasn't part of the package deal, so I phoned my provider and I had it added.

The disappointing part of this.

1. The races aren't aired live, they're aired here in Canada 10 days after.

2. The 3 races are given a 1 hour time slot, so we don't see the full length of each race. So, if it's on lap 8 and they break for commercial, sometimes it will skip to lap 12 or whatever, when it comes back on.

The article I read about the BTCC striking a multi-year deal with CBSSNHD was a huge deal for BTCC as it has grown in popularity over the years.

Now, I'm happy that I can see the races, and it would be awesome if they were aired live, but to only have an hour time slot, that's, how do the English say it, BOLLOCKS!!

I'm wondering if anybody would happen to know if these races can be watched online for free anywhere?

I'm a big fan of Volkswagen, so I chose a Volkswagen driver at random after watching my first couple BTCC races and it's Jason Plato.

xautos
14-07-2015, 14:58
depends where in canada you are, but the btcc starts usually around 11:30am-12pm, another one around 2:15pm and then 5:05pm-5:30pm in the uk. the first race could be a bit early for you if your near the west side of canada.

itv4 do the race broadcasting, they have for years now, the only other solid channel outside the uk that can get to see the races is australia's fox sports channel. but direct free viewing? i dont know if you can watch it directly from itv4's main site? but i think you may need to be a uk citizen because of the tv license fee out here, damn bbc. so no, i dont know of any other place.

KK78
14-07-2015, 16:10
There is an App/Online service called ITV Player which includes ITV4, you can watch highlights/races there although I don't think it is live (but usually not long after the event took place. I think you should be ok licence wise as ITV have advertisements and don't get anything from the UK licence fee (that's the BBC who get that) Give it a try and search BTCC; https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/

Apparently an App is in the works for both the PS4 and Xbox One as there was an app for the last generation consoles

PS you need to register but I'm pretty sure it does not cost anything

Roger Prynne
14-07-2015, 16:20
From the help section at ITV Player.

I live outside the UK and cannot watch programmes, why?
We do not hold international rights to all of our programming, so video content is supplied only to users with IP addresses in the UK. Some users in the UK may be affected by such geographic blocking if their internet service provider uses servers outside the UK

TheReaper GT
14-07-2015, 16:23

We do not hold international rights to all of our programming, so video content is supplied only to users with IP addresses in the UK. Some users in the UK may be affected by such geographic blocking if their internet service provider uses servers outside the UK

Bummed :(

V8 Supercars online stream than?

Jakob
14-07-2015, 16:26

So basically what that is saying, even with an app this won't work in Canada?

Thanks for responses guys, If an app ever comes for the PS4, I will try it out.

TheReaper GT
14-07-2015, 16:27
So basically what that is saying, even with an app this won't work in Canada?

Thanks for responses guys, If an app ever comes for the PS4, I will try it out.

Maybe with a VPN, don't know how to do it, but I think it's possible.

KK78
14-07-2015, 16:41
Bummer, sorry guys, I should have read the small print :rolleyes:

Jakob
14-07-2015, 16:41

I don't even know what a VPN is, so i will stick with what i got :)

xautos
14-07-2015, 16:42

also had the thought on VPN but i dont know if its legal so never added it.

I don't even know what a VPN is, so i will stick with what i got :)

Virtual Private Networking (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network)

Roger Prynne
14-07-2015, 16:42
Ah yeah probably a VPN would work maybe, you would have to use a UK VPN IP though obviously.

Schnizz58
14-07-2015, 17:33
Check out http://www.racing4everyone.eu. Also they have a youtube channel with the same name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or9E31Y4lkY

TheReaper GT
14-07-2015, 17:34
Check out http://www.racing4everyone.eu. Also they have a youtube channel with the same name.

Can you elaborate on the description on that site, so I can decide if sign in or not?

Schnizz58
14-07-2015, 17:36
Can you elaborate on the description on that site, so I can decide if sign in or not?
It's a forum about motorsports in general and people record and post videos of races. You may not need to join as most, if not all, of the vids can also be found on youtube. See my edit above.

TheReaper GT
14-07-2015, 17:37
It's a forum about motorsports in general and people record and post videos of races. You may not need to join as most, if not all, of the vids can also be found on youtube. See my edit above.

Nice , thank you, bro.

Schnizz58
14-07-2015, 17:40
I still record the broadcasts from CBSSN but as the OP said, they're abbreviated. Also there was a goof on the one for Croft where they broke for commercial mid-race, came back and we were watching the start of the race from Oulton Park! After the next commercial, we were back at Croft again.

xautos
14-07-2015, 19:37
Robb Holland is back (http://www.btcc.net/2015/07/14/hollands-btcc-return-with-handy-motorsport/) in the BTCC for a few rounds. i hope he can do better then last time.

Jakob
15-07-2015, 00:16
I still record the broadcasts from CBSSN but as the OP said, they're abbreviated. Also there was a goof on the one for Croft where they broke for commercial mid-race, came back and we were watching the start of the race from Oulton Park! After the next commercial, we were back at Croft again.

Yeah, I was like WTF is this!!

Thanks for the recommendations, gonna check out that YouTube channel.

Exocet
15-07-2015, 09:31
If you use chrome and don't mind watching on a laptop, try the zenmate extension.

Jakob
15-07-2015, 16:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or9E31Y4lkY

Are you a member on this site? Just wondering if it's worth asking for access...

Schnizz58
15-07-2015, 16:52
Are you a member on this site? Just wondering if it's worth asking for access...
Yes, I'm a member. All I did was sign up and then my membership was approved by one of the admins, same as any other forum. It seems worth it to me because all the videos are in one place and are organized by racing series. For example, there's a thread for BTCC, for WTCC, for F1, GP2, GP3, WEC, etc. So I don't need to search through youtube and also there may be races I'm not aware of and wouldn't know to search youtube for in the first place. I'll probably donate some money to them from time to time to help keep things going.

I've actually been catching up on the USSC series because not all of the races were aired on TV or if they were, I failed to record them on my TiVo. Last night I watched the 1st half of the race from Laguna Seca, one of my favorite tracks. I love the touring car series but I think multi-class racing adds an extra dimension. In this race they have Daytona prototypes, prototype challenge, GT Le Mans and GT Daytona all racing on the same track (something like 30 cars total) so it's a bit cramped on that smallish track.

Jakob
15-07-2015, 17:08
Sounds awesome!! I'm gonna sign up, I hope they accept me.

KGRacing
17-07-2015, 18:33
Hope you get it sorted to watch us :)

Jakob
20-07-2015, 03:17
Hope you get it sorted to watch us :)

I sent a request for an access code to that forum about 4 days ago and still haven't heard back, so I'm assuming I won't get in.

Hopefully their YouTube channel stays going.

xRG
22-07-2015, 22:39
I sent a request for an access code to that forum about 4 days ago and still haven't heard back, so I'm assuming I won't get in.

Hopefully their YouTube channel stays going.

Just signed up here to help you out :p. Are you sure you have gotten no response? We haven't denied anyone yet, but we noticed some of our mails went straight to the spam folder of some mail providers. So if you could give me your e-mail, I can check if it's still pending. I check the mails from the date you said you've sent an access request but I couldnt find anyone with the name "jakob" in its mail (assuming its not your actual name or its not in your mail address) :P

Jakob
23-07-2015, 01:14
Just signed up here to help you out :p. Are you sure you have gotten no response? We haven't denied anyone yet, but we noticed some of our mails went straight to the spam folder of some mail providers. So if you could give me your e-mail, I can check if it's still pending. I check the mails from the date you said you've sent an access request but I couldnt find anyone with the name "jakob" in its mail (assuming its not your actual name or its not in your mail address) :P

I sent you a private message with my email, thanks a lot!!!

Jakob
23-07-2015, 01:17
Nothing in my email, also checked my spam folder and nothing, just to let you know :)

xRG
23-07-2015, 09:26
Nothing in my email, also checked my spam folder and nothing, just to let you know :)

I've sent another mail and an invitation code. (also responded to your PM.)