PDA

View Full Version : [NO] is there a restart race unction in multi?

stangnutlx
14-07-2015, 20:33
Am I not seeing it or is there not one?

MrFlibble81
14-07-2015, 20:38
Nope, don't think so. Not needed either imo.

MrFlibble81
14-07-2015, 20:41
Actually let me go ahead and rephrase that.

If only the host had the option of restarting the race then it would be a terrible idea (all it would take is the host to not like how their race is going and they'll restart). However, if it was down to a voting system or something similar maybe than it may be good but it's still not something that's needed imo.

xautos
14-07-2015, 20:45
it shouldnt even be discussed. ive had many terrible races and usually recover part of the way or charge through the pack and on occasion lead and win the race by being persistent. i see too frequently drivers quitting and giving up their races. if you cant stand the multiplayer aspect of racing then you should keep to single player, but after a while you may yearn to get back into the multiplayer scene as the ai's wont offer any challenge when you figure out their "personality" to a fault and how to exploit it.

stangnutlx
14-07-2015, 21:17
. if you cant stand the multiplayer aspect of racing then you should keep to single player, but after a while you may yearn to get back into the multiplayer scene as the ai's wont offer any challenge when you figure out their "personality" to a fault and how to exploit it.

.the case is usually Im racing with friends who are less experienced than I am. So when they fold there cars up its not much fun for me to just keep racing. Pretty stupid to not have a restart button/

MrFlibble81
14-07-2015, 21:20
.the case is usually Im racing with friends who are less experienced than I am. So when they fold there cars up its not much fun for me to just keep racing. Pretty stupid to not have a restart button/

So if that happens why don't you just quit the race and start again.

Still no need for a restart race button.

stangnutlx
14-07-2015, 21:22
because when you quit it goes back to the lobby, then you have to recreate a game then they have to connect again. Its a pain in the balls and totally unnecessary, why not just bypass all the lobby crap and go right back to the start line.

xautos
14-07-2015, 23:35

simple action of standing on the brakes and waiting on them to sort themselves out. would be helpful to tell them that winning the race isnt turn 1, there is a whole race a head of them.

stangnutlx
14-07-2015, 23:54
accidents happen through out the race not just turn 1 on the first lap.

Umer Ahmad
15-07-2015, 00:24
Just to directly answer the question: NO

Usually we all exit the race and recreate the lobby

Kobus Maree
15-07-2015, 01:20
Its a feature that should be in any sim.

Things go wrong for good or not so easily explained reasons, and the host (admin in leagues) should have the ability to restart.

Hand in hand with this goes the ability to kick players...

Then if you dont like it, don't use it...

stangnutlx
15-07-2015, 01:26
Its a feature that should be in any sim.

Things go wrong for good or not so easily explained reasons, and the host (admin in leagues) should have the ability to restart.

Hand in hand with this goes the ability to kick players...

Then if you dont like it, don't use it...

EXACTLY!

Stocky
15-07-2015, 04:09
I completely disagree.

You could have 10 guys in a race, and before you know it, they all want restarts.
And what about the guy who just saw you do a restart, now he goes crazy 1st turn next race, knowing that he can get a restart if he's not happy with the outcome of his gamble.
Where does it end? When you finally get a perfect start, for 10-20 drivers? Someone will always be unhappy.
Racing is unforgiven. We all get spun out, hit, or what ever that first lap, but it's the good drivers, that still come back, and get a podium, or win.
It's more fair to say "no restarts", than it is to say "everyone gets a restart". Races will never get going. And besides, you being the race host, are going to decide for everyone, what's a fair start or not.
You're dreaming.

nono782
15-07-2015, 08:34
In Assetto Corsa you can restart by voting.
If it's not always well used, it's often something good.
Pros and cons but In the end I would appreciate to have it in Project cars.

AOD_Danneskjold
16-07-2015, 12:51
Just to directly answer the question: NO

Usually we all exit the race and recreate the lobby

Have you ever seen a car spawn in backwards? Or upside down? Or literally attached to another car on the starting grid?

Having a Race Restart function most definitely is needed, at least until we can be 100% sure these bugs will never show up again.

Kobus Maree
20-07-2015, 04:03
This is a great game, but the multiplayer lacks many many useful and needed functions. Why do people not get this instead of trying to attack every request as "not needed" etc.

There is a lot of truth in comments that people are reluctant to post here cause of the immediate attacks by socalled fanboys.

People are asking time and again for

Sharing setups
restart races
kick players by host
manual start grid order
fixed setup lobbies
detailed post race lap details
etc

Whilst I agree that the game works as it is, and works well - these are features that are requested time and again by serious players for a reason. The reason is that they make logical sense to have in a racing sim. And any serious one in 2015 should have them.

Look at the competition and you will find many of them have these...

AdM1
20-07-2015, 05:28
That would be a terrible idea for public lobbies but I can see the use in private lobbies.

Kobus Maree
20-07-2015, 06:22
When u join a public or private lobby you basically agree with the conditions the admin for that lobby created...giving this person the right to restart or kick players is not too much extra to agree with. ..

321Respawn
22-07-2015, 00:24
One good point to having a restart is that most of the wreckers will have quit then you can do a restart minus them .Going back to lobby and going through the whole process again only gives time for more idiots to re-join .