PDA

View Full Version : Online is a joke

AfterAll14
14-07-2015, 20:45
Here is what happened:
Road B lobby, Zolder, 30 players. I had RUF, no assists, H-shifting. I was fighting with mighty McLarens that are 4+ sec faster, almost outqualified them.
Race:
I gained P2 on start, I was pushing on leader. But run a little wide in last chicane. I LOST time there. And I'm getting 5 sec penalty for cutting the track...
I was still P2, even with that penalty. But McLarens are so fast, guys from behind started to close on me.
On final lap between me and P3 was just 1 second. We started to pass backmakers. And on Final chicane to avoid bachmaker I run a little deep into the first corner of that chicane. And I've been given a 10 sec penalty for that. A 10 second penalty.
Its a joke. I just don't get it.
If not this penalties I could won the race. On RUF. Beating McLarens. And this stupid scripts completely spoiled it.
Every time I go online reminds me that I should not go online. It happens maybe once in a week, and I'm an idiot hoping that "something may change there". Not this time. Out for long-long time now.

I previously made some videos about cutting the track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTzQ-2DLoBg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jcanYlxY1E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30poO2vwLew
It was all about time trials/qualifying.
Of course you need penalties in race, but this...

Do you have any idea what is going on in online races?
In monza worst thing can happen to you is pole position. It's 99% you'll get smashed into your back on first corner, forced to cut first chicane and get penalty for nothing.
It's just a joke, a joke...

PS: sorry for swearing, it was such tense race, I just need some time to calm down.

MrFlibble81
14-07-2015, 20:48
Tensional? Is that a word?

Yeah it can be annoying but they are apparently going to fix the track cutting penalty stuff in the next patch.

AfterAll14
14-07-2015, 20:50
My bad english =) Sorry.

MrFlibble81
14-07-2015, 20:52
No no, you're good. I was just trying to lighten the mood! lol

Here's a delightful picture of a cat in a tortilla to cheer you up --

MrFlibble81
14-07-2015, 20:53
I'm sorry, I'm really tired and in a strange mood....lol

Ignore me. :D

RacingTopsy
14-07-2015, 21:03
Tense or not, swearing removed.

SpeedFreakDTM
15-07-2015, 18:38
I take it you never played Grid Autosport then. Many penalties for no reason.

Sankyo
15-07-2015, 18:45

Aren't those XPs?

*runs*

:p

TheReaper GT
15-07-2015, 18:47

Yep, in Grid Autosport you have a penalty for not receiving any penalties and another one for receiving too much penalties. auhauha

SpeedFreakDTM
15-07-2015, 19:16
Yep, in Grid Autosport you have a penalty for not receiving any penalties and another one for receiving too much penalties. auhauha

LOL, thats the codemasters way. :)

hostaman
16-07-2015, 11:57
The best way to play the "joke" multiplayer is to actually treat it as a joke.

I like to play survivor - here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30738-How-to-play-quot-Survivor-quot-the-default-Multiplayer-mode&highlight=survival

Maybe we could start a "Survivor" league with point for classic take downs and ram avoidance :D

Yorkie065
16-07-2015, 12:07
I believe, not 100% sure if this is true and where I saw/heard about it, the time penalties for cutting tracks is being removed. What is going to replace it I don't know but it's not a system that should belong in a sim anyway. Absolutely despise it. The penalty system does need a good rework with something solid in place to try and make the experience better. There's always going to be rammers and people who cut the track, it's something that is almost impossible to get rid of but there needs to be something that reduces it in a reasonable way.

Umer Ahmad
16-07-2015, 13:36
The off-track penalty is being removed.

The cut-corner will remain, as will the 5-sec engine cut for now though that coukd also be removed in the future and replaced with more realistic penalties used in real racing.