PDA

View Full Version : Project is the best game by far I don't gran Turismo was better this tops the cake

Toyotagt1
15-07-2015, 08:50
Project cars is a very great game if not the best racing sim I play this game only no other game I play. i spend hours just driving solo cause online players don't drive well specialy when you know how cars work in Motorsport when to break and corners I can admit that it take a heck a lot of energy racing a 15 lap race looking predicting corners are watching other cars seeing what's behind just like in real life I get sweaty palms sweaty face I can get nervous and lose out-of-control trying of beat lap times specially when I'm online from them the best it burn my metal state to i can't play anymore

Toyotagt1
15-07-2015, 08:53
I use the wheel by the way just for the record my driving is perfect but can drop under pressure by anything other Ai driver lap time, online players et

Iamlegion
15-07-2015, 11:49
stay in school kids..

sbtm
15-07-2015, 11:55
....,,,, <--- here, you can use them next time.

Shadowslip71
15-07-2015, 11:57
GT7 will top this game if:
more cars
more tracks
Forza Horizon 2 customisation
Driveclub Graphics

MysterG
15-07-2015, 12:00
Can we cut out the spelling/grammer critiques please.

Anyone can tell what the OP is saying.

sbtm
15-07-2015, 12:04
More cars is really not a feature that's necessary to a good racing game. You can have 500 cars but that's useless when most of them are the same and you end up with driving the same 30 cars.

Ally_bassman
15-07-2015, 12:39
GT7 will need to do A LOT to make it better than Project Cars... IMO

I've always loved the GT series, my fondest memories growing up were playing GT1 - GT4. They'll always have a place in my heart.

But for me, the Gran Turismo series has gone in the wrong direction, as other games have stepped up the standard, visually and audibly, GT have stuck to their guns and almost ignorantly expected players to be happy with 1000 cars that all pretty much sound the same. Visually, they've always been spot on, so I have no concerns that when GT7 is shown to the world, the world in turn will gasp. But I really hope they work on their audio. I don't want to hear the same tyre screech from 20 years ago, or a Toyota Supra (out 0f 50 to choose from) that sounds like a lawn mower.

KK78
15-07-2015, 12:42
More cars is really not a feature that's necessary to a good racing game. You can have 500 cars but that's useless when most of them are the same and you end up with driving the same 30 cars.

Very true, past GT games have had tons of cars but most were as boring as bat poo to drive

ChrisK
15-07-2015, 13:00
The days of endless grind to get decent cars must surely be over aswell.

kackle85
15-07-2015, 13:18
The feel of driving in Project Cars is sooo much better to me. I've been a Gran Turismo fan for a decade but I think PC takes the cake for me. The bugs and yes the limited car selection are to me the only things keeping this game from being the best racer ever. I think about 200 cars that all drive different and are accurately modeled would be the sweet spot. And for the love of god please lets get some Hondas, Ferraris, and Lambos in this game.

sbtm
15-07-2015, 13:26
The feel of driving in Project Cars is sooo much better to me. I've been a Gran Turismo fan for a decade but I think PC takes the cake for me. The bugs and yes the limited car selection are to me the only things keeping this game from being the best racer ever. I think about 200 cars that all drive different and are accurately modeled would be the sweet spot. And for the love of god please lets get some Hondas, Ferraris, and Lambos in this game.

Only if it's their Gt3 versions.

Race cars > road cars

steviraikkonen
15-07-2015, 13:29
I don't gran turismo either.

kackle85
15-07-2015, 13:42
Only if it's their Gt3 versions.

Race cars > road cars

How about both? It's good fun to drive either.

jason
15-07-2015, 13:45
As far as sound goes for gt7 , they have hired one of main guys from forza .... So I don't think that will be a issue , the rest of the game we will see.

Racer Pro
15-07-2015, 13:48
since project cars for me forza and gt is dead.

Sasquatch
15-07-2015, 13:51
I've seen some awful threads. But this thread is truly painful to read.

MysterG
15-07-2015, 13:53

Plenty of other threads to read if you don't like this one.

Sasquatch
15-07-2015, 14:01
Plenty of other threads to read if you don't like this one.

I'll look around. :rolleyes-new:

Umer Ahmad
15-07-2015, 14:07

You must have missed the Militant WiiU thread 2 weeks ago. "get cancer and die" (actual quote from that thread) #smh.

Artful_Alonso14
15-07-2015, 17:33
I'm not entirely sure if these two games are trying to sell the same type of product. Gran Turismo focuses on driving and PCARS on racing.

What I want to have in a car racing game is some good racing. One of those games offer that, and that's why PCARS appeals so much more to me. In GT6, I'm chasing the rabbit, the immovable block. I don't consider it an AI, and feel the only way to truly enjoy yourself is online.

It's sort of the opposite in PCARS, offline is a thrill, while online does not click with me. I can't handle more than six cars online without it turning into a massive star wars zone with all the lag. Others experience this differently probably, but I still feel GT6 has got the edge online, especially with the lobby chat. You feel so isolated in PCARS online.

So, for offline, Project Cars is miles better, while GT6 is better online.

Toyotagt1
15-07-2015, 18:49
What do you mean stay in school I'm no kid i'm 22 years I'm English is not the best

Toyotagt1
15-07-2015, 18:52
stay in school kids..

What do you mean stay in school kids I am 22 years old my English is not that good

FS7
15-07-2015, 19:44
I seriously doubt GT7 will be better than PCars when it comes to racing.

GT6 has no actual races offline, it's mostly that stupid catch-the rabbit bs against an unbalanced grid of bad AI drivers. PD needs to include things such as free practice, qualifying, standing starts, full balanced grid (all AI opponents using competitive cars that are as close as possible to the performance limit of the event), mechanical damage, fuel/tyre wear, and flags/penalties in all game modes, as well as adjustable AI difficulty so that players from different skill levels can have a challenge. It's pointless to have cars & tracks if there's no proper racing.
Having all cars & tracks available from the start in arcade mode would be a huge step forward. Some of us have a life, we don't care about grinding, we simply want to spend our time racing cars we like at tracks we like.
Also, PD needs to focus on quality over quantity. Take the standard cars that matter, turn them into premium, and ditch the unneeded standard clones. Adding new unique cars instead of clones of cars already in the game would be great too. Just look at the most requested cars at GTP and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Track count needs to be revised too. Spa (dry) & Spa (dynamic weather) is 1 track, same goes for Suzuka & Monza. PD also needs to work on having dynamic weather & time change in all tracks.
Then there's other features that other games have done well that are either missing or done poorly in GT6: customization, career mode, online features, etc.

MrFlibble81
15-07-2015, 19:56

GT6 has no actual races offline, it's mostly that stupid catch-the rabbit bs against an unbalanced grid of bad AI drivers. PD needs to include things such as free practice, qualifying, standing starts, full balanced grid (all AI opponents using competitive cars that are as close as possible to the performance limit of the event), mechanical damage, fuel/tyre wear, and flags/penalties in all game modes, as well as adjustable AI difficulty so that players from different skill levels can have a challenge. It's pointless to have cars & tracks if there's no proper racing.
Having all cars & tracks available from the start in arcade mode would be a huge step forward. Some of us have a life, we don't care about grinding, we simply want to spend our time racing cars we like at tracks we like.
Also, PD needs to focus on quality over quantity. Take the standard cars that matter, turn them into premium, and ditch the unneeded standard clones. Adding new unique cars instead of clones of cars already in the game would be great too. Just look at the most requested cars at GTP and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Track count needs to be revised too. Spa (dry) & Spa (dynamic weather) is 1 track, same goes for Suzuka & Monza. PD also needs to work on having dynamic weather & time change in all tracks.
Then there's other features that other games have done well that are either missing or done poorly in GT6: customization, career mode, online features, etc.

Soooo. you're saying that Gran Turismo needs to be Project Cars?

There's room in the marketplace for both as they both do different things very well, for instance GT seems to more arcade-y and PCARS leans more toward being a sim so it depends what you want.

I honestly don't like GT these days. Not really had any fun with a GT game since GT3.

Iamlegion
16-07-2015, 07:40
What do you mean stay in school kids I am 22 years old my English is not that good

Didn't mean to offend. Was just pointing out that children should stay in school. Call it a general statement.

John Hargreaves
16-07-2015, 07:52

But it is getting better. Stick with it :rolleyes:

Umer Ahmad
16-07-2015, 08:46

I agree with your list, but I do not think it will be realized. You're asking Justin Beiber to suddenly put out music like Metallica. Justin Beiber can only be more Justin Beiber, not something different.

See, Kaz/PD don't really think anything is wrong. They have wonderful economic indicators to prove what they are doing is correct. They think they know better what the players want than even the players. Do they engage the community? Do they respond in their forums? Have they changed their direction in response to the players in the past few years? Then why should they start now?

I think you'll see GT7 is more in the direction they have been going in recent years. A beautiful game and probably you'll get 5.000 cars (and the quality you can already predict, which team can do a great job for that many cars?). Race weekend, pit stops? pfft. Come on man, probably they will recommend to play some other game for those features. He will come up with some reason why it is not important to have these features in GT7. But 5.000 cars! Did you forget already?

chig88
16-07-2015, 11:42
You must have missed the Militant WiiU thread 2 weeks ago. "get cancer and die" (actual quote from that thread) #smh.

Ahh the memories....

I wonder what happened to good old the_randomizer? I'm guessing some sort of hate-fuelled rampage followed by impending jail time without parole. :)

MrFlibble81
16-07-2015, 11:58
Ahh the memories....

I wonder what happened to good old the_randomizer? I'm guessing some sort of hate-fuelled rampage followed by impending jail time without parole. :)

Probably a lifetime of being told to "pick up the soap"......

remekboy
16-07-2015, 20:26
drive club is realy bad game with low fps

remekboy
16-07-2015, 20:27
i raly miss pssibilyty sharing time/ghost with friends

Sasquatch
16-07-2015, 20:32

I absolutely disagree with it being a "really bad game." It's probably one of the better racers on the market at it's core. But it's not comparable to PCARS or GT at all. Driveclub even at locked 30FPS feels like it runs fast and smooth. Besides the silly server issues, it's an incredible and fun game. It's just not your cup of tea, and you should probably say that instead.

Im Sorry
16-07-2015, 20:35

Yes but to have a full field of GTs would be epic!

sbtm
16-07-2015, 20:47
Yes but to have a full field of GTs would be epic!

Yepp but there are only 15 different gt3 cars or so. What I mean is 20 different Toyota supra, 15 Honda NSX etc. That's how the car counter explodes and that's a shame. I have nothing against plenty of different authentic racing cars

DozUK
16-07-2015, 20:54

Driveclub is a great game, I'm well pleased to own both of these superb games.

I've never got Gran turismo, apart from hotlapping the gameplay and especially the career races are awful. Grab a car, stick some parts on it to make it faster than the opposition and nurse it round the track. Wash rinse repeat.

With pcars, the AI is great and offers a great challenge on a sliding scale. The cars don't get go faster parts but can be tuned to give you the edge. And full race weekends, not a Sunday cup in sight!

Titzon Toast
17-07-2015, 11:44
I had the best racing ever all day and night yesterday racing online and testing.
This game is simply fantastic.

dbol986
17-07-2015, 18:50

As a recent GT divorce child I like your summary. As a console only gamer my whole life pCars is the greatest racing simulator I've played by far. I played my cousin's iRacing with a G27 and fell in love, even though I couldn't do the simple things like downshifting into a corner, it was an education I needed.

At least one, if not a couple of the earlier GT's had at least a qualifying mode. With the seasonal events now they've made it tougher in a sense, but the ai logic is mind boggling sometimes.

Before pCars I loved the authenticity of the various race cars in GT (love the authentic liveries we get on here), but the class/group immersion is what I hope will be further developed and optimized on pCars. The GT3 class is the best example, multiple makes all with their own pros/cons, that's what made IMSA, Blancpain, WEC, and national LeMans so cool to me.

Having grown up, and helping my dad with vintage SCCA, HSR, VSCDA racing and seeing the spectrum of car classes over the decades, and how the older cars are able to dice with the newer ones is why I love this game

sbtm
17-07-2015, 18:52
When I look at pcars 2 development atm not even a forza 7 or GT8 could top it in any way. :cool:

FS7
17-07-2015, 20:38
Soooo. you're saying that Gran Turismo needs to be Project Cars?
Not really, all I'm saying is that the GT series can be more appealing to a wider audience if PD did the smart thing and included some options as opposed to forcing everybody to play in the same way.

GT6 has standing starts but only online and in a few career races. Why not have it as an option in all career races and in arcade offline races?
Some career races have 16-car grid, why are arcade races limited to 10 cars only?
Qualifying, mechanical damage, fuel/tyre wear, penalties are all in the game but only online. Why not make all of those options available in career and arcade mode as well? GT5's arcade mode had 16-car grids, damage & fuel/tyre wear, but only normal rolling starts, it also had custom one-make races with standing starts, damage & fuel/tyre wear but only 8-car grid. Why was that stuff removed in GT6?
There's career mode for people who enjoy grinding and collecting cars, start from the bottom and work their way up. Why not make all cars available from the start in arcade mode for people who simply want to drive their favorite cars in the weekend? That would make the game fun to more people.

Ideally all options should be available in all game modes, it makes no sense to make certain options available only in certain modes.

See, Kaz/PD don't really think anything is wrong. They have wonderful economic indicators to prove what they are doing is correct.
Iirc GT5 sold 10 million copies while GT6 sold around 3 million copies, that should be an indicator that maybe they should improve certain portions of the game, maybe take a look at the good features that other developers are including in their games, but I'm not really getting my hopes up for GT7.

ImStylinOnYaBro
17-07-2015, 20:57
i myself hate driveclub. i find myself having a bit of fun on it, but i far more often have frustration. i prefer a more sim racing game, so my hatred for dc is purely down to preference, not because its a "bad" game. if i was an arcade racing fan, dc would be at the top of my list for sure. as for the fps, if you o from pcars to dc, its hideous. so choppy. however if you play dc and watch film a lot (like i was doing the last few weeks) the 30 fps isn't bad. its just horrible when swapping between 30 and 60 fps racers.

Sasquatch
17-07-2015, 21:53
Not really, all I'm saying is that the GT series can be more appealing to a wider audience if PD did the smart thing and included some options as opposed to forcing everybody to play in the same way.

IMO with GT6 they really abandoned why GT was GT, and that was taking out every single "Racing-RPG" roots it had. I pretty much only played GT for the license tests, and with GT6 they were completely irrelevant, and easy to ace. Hell, I mean "ace" as in you could obliterate most of them easily.

I swear if they took GT2's UI and put car-make dealer regions into Menu-Cities again. Inject a random used car program in each dealer. Make license tests relevant as in demanding a Silver or higher completion to enter events. GT would be itself again.

ImStylinOnYaBro
17-07-2015, 22:12
i played gt6 earlier this year..surely you don't mean they are irrelevant? i thought for sure you HAD to do them ot progress in the B, A, iB, iA S ranks? but yes, they were piss easy. i hadn't played a game since 2011 f1 game and i hopped on gt6 and only had an isue w/ that bugatti at ascari. gt5 though i think the licenses were hard, but on there if memory serves, they were irrelevant.

FS7
17-07-2015, 23:53
IMO with GT6 they really abandoned why GT was GT, and that was taking out every single "Racing-RPG" roots it had. I pretty much only played GT for the license tests, and with GT6 they were completely irrelevant, and easy to ace. Hell, I mean "ace" as in you could obliterate most of them easily.
In GT5 license tests were optional, which was good imo since I find it pointless to play baby-step tutorials of stuff I already know. If license tests return and are mandatory in future GT games I think PD needs to figure out a way to make them useful, maybe take a hint from Shift 2's corner master feature or FM4's race feats, in both cases I'm rewarded for driving properly while using cars I actually enjoy driving. Maybe for each driving technique have multiple tests covering a wide range of car classes as opposed to having 1 test for each technique in cars I'll never use, maybe have a series of time trials at each track in each car class, and require license only for the car class I wish to race at (eg: if I want to enter a GT3 event it would require GT3 license only not any of the road car licenses, same goes for LMP, supercars, muscle, hothatch, etc).

The xp system in GT5 was bad but it could be bypassed by playing seasonals, it got replaced in GT6 by the stupid star system that cannot be bypassed. Personally I think a xp system can be a good thing if done properly; GT5's xp system was bad because it felt like its only function was to prevent me from accessing certain portions of the game; FM4's xp system was good because it rewarded me for doing stuff I like, FM4 also had a much better credit system that rewarded my for increasing overall difficulty as well as affinity bonuses that rewarded me for replaying career events with different cars.

Also PD needs to do some work on the career mode structure. PCars' career is fairly well-structured with events listed in a logical way from slower to faster classes. FM4's career event list is well-structured too with events being list in a logical way. GAS has different career tiers, each one representing a motorsport discipline with events within them being listed in a logical way. GT6's career events seem sort of randomly placed, National B section features events with PP limit ranging between 400-580PP, National A ranges between 400-600PP, International B ranges between 500-750PP, International A ranges between 550-750PP, with events within each section being listed in sort of a random order as opposed to being listed from slower to faster. Then there's the issue of AI opponents using cars that are well below the PP limit of the event, and since the game gives a list of possible AI opponents without listing their PP it can be a hassle figuring out the best car to use in each event in order to have a challenging race. Certain cars are useless in career mode since there are no events for them.

Even if PD were to make improvements in the areas mentioned above I'd still want to have all cars & tracks available from the start in arcade mode, I think providing multiple ways to access the game content is the best way to make the game fun to as many people as possible.

Sasquatch
18-07-2015, 02:26
i played gt6 earlier this year..surely you don't mean they are irrelevant? i thought for sure you HAD to do them ot progress in the B, A, iB, iA S ranks? but yes, they were piss easy. i hadn't played a game since 2011 f1 game and i hopped on gt6 and only had an isue w/ that bugatti at ascari. gt5 though i think the licenses were hard, but on there if memory serves, they were irrelevant.

Doh! I was thinking GT5. GT6 kind of made it blurred because the license tests were at the end of the tier.

Some of GT5's tests were hard, 3 or 4 were noteable. But they weren't GT1 hard.

FS7 I do agree with your points, but I don't think GT ever needed an XP system at all. Going to content - I still think going back to the original formula of GT1-GT2, hell even GT3 would be hyper positive. There was events that would reward you content that wasn't even buyable from the go. Which honestly was a plus. It forced the player to have some reason to do an event or championship besides increasing credits. Adding the random-award-cycle between 3 cars of GT3 gave you a reason do the event multiple times to get the content. Even more so if you got a color of it you didn't exactly like. Those were good times.

Shadowslip71
19-07-2015, 08:53
i myself hate driveclub. i find myself having a bit of fun on it, but i far more often have frustration. i prefer a more sim racing game, so my hatred for dc is purely down to preference, not because its a "bad" game. if i was an arcade racing fan, dc would be at the top of my list for sure. as for the fps, if you o from pcars to dc, its hideous. so choppy. however if you play dc and watch film a lot (like i was doing the last few weeks) the 30 fps isn't bad. its just horrible when swapping between 30 and 60 fps racers.
It's hardly choppy! I play both games and, yes Pcars has a slightly better fps but nothing that spoils the game.

thegt500
19-07-2015, 20:24
I've just realised my PS3 hasn't been used in about a month !!
I am a console only player, having had every iteration of PlayStation, an Xbox and Xbox360 plus various Nintendo and Sega systems over the years. My preferred games are racing games, predominantly car racing games and for years, the GT series was, for me, the pinnacle of the genre.
IMHO, GT6 was a disappointment given what the earlier GT's brought to the table, but I persevered with it as there was nothing out there for the PS3 that held my attention. When I heard about pCARS (admittedly, late on in its development), I knew this was the game for me. I initially pre ordered the standard disc version from Amazon three weeks before I bought my PS4 which was cancelled once the digital edition became available on PS store so I could get both the pre order and LE car packs.
I further showed my commitment to pCARS by buying the Thrustmaster T300RS, T3PA's plus the TH8A, all before the [delayed] release which was agony for me as I was stuck with only DriveClub on the PS4 for driving, don't get me wrong, I think DC looks stunning, but for me, the experience is just too 'arcadey' with too much emphasis on social media for me.
The past month I've been hammering the poor PS4 with only pCARS, apart from a brief comparison of the Bentley Speed 8 on Le Sarthe between GT6 and pCARS, which the SMS version comprehensively trounced PD's effort in every single way (obviously not from a graphics point as it's unfair to compare previous gen console graphics with current gen). The thing that struck me was the way the cars in GT in general, all feel very 'samey' and mostly, difficult when compared to pCARS.
On GT6's Bentley run, there was masses of understeer followed by snap oversteer in the corners, the FFB feel was vague and lifeless on the straights, and just generally felt 'wrong' to me after playing pCARS for a couple of months. The Bentley on pCARS felt alive in the corners with very nuanced feel so I could actually tell what the tyres and suspension were doing, and therefore, drive faster and more confidently than I ever could in GT. In fact, in GT6, I usually needed TC set to 1 or sometimes 2 with maybe in some circumstances, a bit of SRF for powerful RWD cars to stop me spinning out, in pCARS though, the only driving aid I use is ABS. Such is the immensely better handling physics of pCARS, I don't feel the need for any other assist other than the previously mentioned ABS.
I'm not saying the handling / physics in GT6 is wrong, no no no, I've played from GT4 with a FFB wheel of some kind, and enjoyed every single moment. Its just that comparing GT6 and pCARS with the same wheel, on the same track using the same car, it is clear to me that SMS has nailed the handling.
If GT7 wants to compete, PD needs to look long and hard at what SMS has done, and is continuing to do not only in physics and immersion, but also in structure with everything unlocked (even if it is just with arcade / online modes) so it gives the player options to play how they want to.
Things will get even more difficult for PD when Assetto Corsa is released on console so Kaz really better take notice of what the sim racer expects in a game, and act upon the comments on various forums, instead of bullishly ignoring the voice of the gamers and doing things his way only.
On, and if it's not clear in my rambling post, I absolutely, 100%, categorically LOVE pCARS !!!!