PDA

View Full Version : show the trailer of DLC before the DLC out

Racer Pro
16-07-2015, 01:29
show the trailer of circuit DLC now, why all the secrets about the DLC ?

XxxMrAssassinxxX
16-07-2015, 01:42

Racer Pro
16-07-2015, 01:45

what the hell is that ? i juste dont know why the trailer for DLC not out before the DLC ? and i dont know why all the secrets about DLC ?

AdM1
16-07-2015, 01:47

I laughed.

AdM1
16-07-2015, 01:47

I don't think there was a trailer for the last DLC was there?

PeoplesChampion
16-07-2015, 01:48

Slowsley
16-07-2015, 01:54
After I read the title I thought it was another Britishism I didn't know. I figured it meant to "can it."

Deadzone
16-07-2015, 01:56

Racer Pro
16-07-2015, 01:58
ok this thread turn onto a shoe joke smh.

Nestoche
16-07-2015, 02:04
lol..

Ryzza5
16-07-2015, 02:10
If you want to see things before they're released to the public I suggest you join WMD. (In general... obviously not related to pC1 DLC)

danowat
16-07-2015, 08:26
http://www2.pictures.stylebistro.com/bg/Chasing+Mavericks+Premiere+4zJOjN7i45Ll.jpg

maurice-pascale
16-07-2015, 08:36
He makes a clear question and all other make jokes.........hmmmmm....not very good

maurice-pascale
16-07-2015, 08:39
I think it would be great with a trailer maybe 2 weeks befor release of the DLC...why not? At this time all stay in the dark when it goes about the question "what will we get" till it is released.....why is there so a big problem to show a pic of one car which will join in the DLC?.....

danowat
16-07-2015, 08:49
I think it would be great with a trailer maybe 2 weeks befor release of the DLC...why not? At this time all stay in the dark when it goes about the question "what will we get" till it is released.....why is there so a big problem to show a pic of one car which will join in the DLC?.....

Racing game DLC just doesn't seem to get trailers that early before release, I know Forza DLC normally gets a trailer on the day, or the day before.

If you really want to know what the DLC cars and track look like, there are a few videos of them on youtube.

danowat
16-07-2015, 08:50
He makes a clear question and all other make jokes.........hmmmmm....not very good

Lighten up, it's just the antithesis of seeing the same old questions trotted out daily.

maurice-pascale
16-07-2015, 09:14
No the thing is, i want info's by the devs and not by some gamers.....this site here is where i get my info's and news, ut here they dont announce news.....and with the trailers, driveclub also have DLC trailers....or just a pic of one car....but nothing?......at this ti e i always get the news from guys which are also just gamers like me.....and there i never trust, because i want to hear news by a dev...

danowat
16-07-2015, 09:17
No the thing is, i want info's by the devs and not by some gamers.....this site here is where i get my info's and news, ut here they dont announce news.....and with the trailers, driveclub also have DLC trailers....or just a pic of one car....but nothing?......at this ti e i always get the news from guys which are also just gamers like me.....and there i never trust, because i want to hear news by a dev...

Then you just have to be patient and wait until they see fit to release news, pictures or trailers then.

maurice-pascale
16-07-2015, 09:17
I can understand why this question is trotted million times, because we never get a info or news.....so i absolute can understand it....with some exact news and infos about the upcomming DLC, something like that would not happen

Slowsley
16-07-2015, 09:18

The title said "shoe the trailer..." before it was changed.
Typos make things confusing.

maurice-pascale
16-07-2015, 09:21
When it will ever happen.......we saw it with the free car.....at the LAST day of the month someone posted that the lykan was the june car and we must wait till we get the july car....but to wait that long to give us an confusing answer isnt the best way.......i can remember with the racing icons DLC.....some guy posted a pic of it here and said he buyed the DLC right now.....i was confused because i never saw news here about it 2 weeks earlier...."pooof" the DLC was there.....

maurice-pascale
16-07-2015, 09:22
But when you read his post you can see he asked.....to read just the topics clears not all

danowat
16-07-2015, 09:23
I can understand why this question is trotted million times, because we never get a info or news.....so i absolute can understand it....with some exact news and infos about the upcomming DLC, something like that would not happen

People are too used to being constantly drip fed information these days, back in the good old days we only got our information once a month in magazines.

I'm sure if the devs had something they wanted to show or tell, they would, I don't think people understand the complexity of marketing, there are lots of things involved, things like licensing, that have to be taken into consideration.

Like most things, it's not as simple as people like to make out.

maurice-pascale
16-07-2015, 09:32
I just want to say, to look everyday almost 2 times at the PS store and look if a new DLC is out for Pcars, is annoying, but i must do it because i dont know how and whe it will be released, i do it because the racing icons pack done it the same way.......so i look everyday at the store and hope it will be there.....we have now the middle of july and at june/end of june they told us in july we get news......i just got the feeling it will be like the june free car....means at the last day of july they will answer us.......i know there are days left for this month, but to handle it that way isnot a good idea.....all the topics and 10000 posts of it show it....

Yorkie065
16-07-2015, 09:32
People are too used to being constantly drip fed information these days, back in the good old days we only got our information once a month in magazines.

I'm sure if the devs had something they wanted to show or tell, they would, I don't think people understand the complexity of marketing, there are lots of things involved, things like licensing, that have to be taken into consideration.

Like most things, it's not as simple as people like to make out.

Pretty much the above. The devs can't show anything until they have something worth showing, and there can be a lot of complications that hold up an announcement of what cars or tracks are in a DLC. We can speculate all day long about what we think might be in judging from a number of sources, but at the end of the day we don't know the true content that will be coming. Devs can change a car for a different one last minute due to it not being finished, it still being worked on and having it's physics finalised, bug tested etc.

I know it's a pain in the ass being left in the dark, and we'd all like to get the information as early as possible, but if that information from a trailer that was released early turns out to be false, there will be an even bigger back lash against the devs than if they released a trailer a day before or on the day of the DLC release.

danowat
16-07-2015, 09:37
I just want to say, to look everyday almost 2 times at the PS store and look if a new DLC is out for Pcars, is annoying

Why on earth would you do this?, any DLC release would be announced in the announcements section of the forum, and also on the PCars / WMD web page.

Religiously checking the store on a daily basis to see if the DLC has been released is not only a waste of time, but also a little bit OCD!

Paulo Ribeiro
16-07-2015, 10:05
I just want to say, to look everyday almost 2 times at the PS store and look if a new DLC is out for Pcars, is annoying

LOL, what???? :confused:

The title said "shoe the trailer..." before it was changed.
Typos make things confusing.

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahha, good one.

show the trailer of circuit DLC now, why all the secrets about the DLC ?

Or else...
http://www.costumebasement.com/images_550/909877_c.jpg

UMadBro
16-07-2015, 10:09
Snip

Irreverent. Peeps, stop derailing all the threads, I'm surprised a mod or admin hasn't told you all about this. Also, when you're in a topic, I'd suggest ya'll limit it to that one little box of a thread, 'k?

Scuderia Paul
16-07-2015, 11:23
SMS may have a trailer good to go but are keeping it under wraps until they know when the Audi Ruapuna Pack can be released because of the XBOX One update delay.

Evolution Studios have a good approach to DRIVECLUB DLC in that they release a mini trailer for each new car, usually 5, each day of the week before they launch then splice a main trailer for the entire pack. It will start again from next Monday too.

maurice-pascale
16-07-2015, 11:30
Haha oh yeah we could see how nice the news site's here are....."pcars on demand" is useless becauee there is no info, just a info about track expansion/july.....nothing about what should be in there.....and i thought you all knkw what will be in the next DLC....some people tell us it is a audi pack+ tack...so i thought they know allready what is in there....but to show nothing means just they didnt know what to bring as dlc....i hear just thing about 3 corners from guys which just play the game....so the idea about a trailer was just an idea by him....so why you go another way now?....no one knows what is comming till the day it gets released.....so i can understand 2hy they are not patient and confused....and i look at the PS store because with the raci g icons pack it was the same....it was release and there wasnt any news on the "news and announcement" topic......thats why i look at the store, because it gets released without an info.....or do you have seen any info about the next DLC or free car?...and to ask is no shame when there is no answer......i dont understand why you always discuss about it...

and always 5o say patient is annoying, the word SMSoon had changed the word soon for ever here.....
i hate it to see always people cry about others who ask....ok they do it million times, but SMS could change all of that with just a bit more infosthen just "SMSoon" or absolute nothing

with the patches they do it perfect, 1-2 weeks earlier they post the patch notes and then we know "ok the patch is comming and we know what will be in there"....why not with DLC?

danowat
16-07-2015, 11:49
What difference would it make if you knew what was coming?, like I said, people are too used to being drip fed information.

In terms of the release date, now, if SMS had said the DLC would be out when the 2.0 patch was released (which has the required files for the DLC), they'd be in trouble, why?, simply because the Xbox one patch, for whatever reason, has been held up in certification.

So, to save the problem of people screaming "you said, you said", they keep quiet until they know everything is ready for release (which it isn't).

Yorkie065
16-07-2015, 11:51
with the patches they do it perfect, 1-2 weeks earlier they post the patch notes and then we know "ok the patch is comming and we know what will be in there"....why not with DLC?

You kind of answered your question with that right there. They might not know whats actually going to be in the DLC because things could still be decided upon, especially DLC's further down the line in the future. You can plan ahead easily enough, but executing that to certain time frames is a different thing especially as there's a lot of unforeseen circumstances that can pop up and either prevent or delay things from happening.

NemethR
16-07-2015, 11:58
If you actually read similar topics you would already know what is coming...

Audi A1 quattro (2014) - free car

Audi R18 e-tron quattro (2014)
Audi 90 IMSA GTO (1989)
Audi R8 LMR (2000)
Ruapuna Raceway (New-Zealand)

Patch2K
16-07-2015, 12:04
English is clearly not your first language but 1 full stop is all that's needed to end a sentence.

If you want to check twice a day then fine, you do that but then do not use that as a slight against SMS, they have given you a schedule which says it will be out this month, all that is required is a modicum of patience.

There are lots of complications about making any kind of announcement when so many parties who each have their own requirements are involved, that would just lead to 50 more threads for the hard of reading saying they missed a deadline followed by the usual 10 year old foot stomping when Sony or Microsoft have an issue and things gt pushed back.

Why does everything have to be now, just wait and relax and when there is something to announce they will.

If I had teenagers telling me how to my job on a daily basis then I wouldn't post anything either.

poet
16-07-2015, 13:00
English is clearly not your first language but 1 full stop is all that's needed to end a sentence.

If you want to check twice a day then fine, you do that but then do not use that as a slight against SMS, they have given you a schedule which says it will be out this month, all that is required is a modicum of patience.

Not good enough.

We need the exact Day Hour Minute and Second of release, every release.
We need to see every line of code that every dev is writing right now so we can correct them when they make an error or change something we don't like.
We need every beta tester to stream to twitch so we can tell them how to test correctly to our standards.
We need to be consulted on every company decision SMS make.

This is not impatience, this is our right as gamers!

Toxic
16-07-2015, 13:04
what the hell is that ? i juste dont know why the trailer for DLC not out before the DLC ? and i dont know why all the secrets about DLC ?

That there, that be a shoe.

XxxMrAssassinxxX
16-07-2015, 13:09
Well he did ask about a shoe so I sent him a lovely picture of a shoe

Pr3t3nd3r
16-07-2015, 13:21
What difference would it make if you knew what was coming?, like I said, people are too used to being drip fed information.

In terms of the release date, now, if SMS had said the DLC would be out when the 2.0 patch was released (which has the required files for the DLC), they'd be in trouble, why?, simply because the Xbox one patch, for whatever reason, has been held up in certification.

So, to save the problem of people screaming "you said, you said", they keep quiet until they know everything is ready for release (which it isn't).

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z_Qqnq8pI8

Hope you enjoyed it ;)

Dutchmountains
16-07-2015, 13:23
Racerpro i find it a good question.
All i now is that they dont do that because they not sure if they can make it, and if they make a trailer its their duty to come with the things in it, and then they cannot work on the bugs etc etc.
Its bad that there is no answer from a wmd member.
By the way they aint always serious about things.

Fildataeast
16-07-2015, 13:37
https://youtu.be/1WrTtyA_uCg this dlc...

Scuderia Paul
16-07-2015, 13:43
... this DLC ...

That's the one. However, your post will be deleted shortly as the game was hacked to access it. SMS do not allow such links to be shared as a result.

Racer Pro
16-07-2015, 13:45
https://youtu.be/1WrTtyA_uCg this dlc...its not official its only a rumor

Paulo Ribeiro
16-07-2015, 14:10

There are lots of complications about making any kind of announcement when so many parties who each have their own requirements are involved, that would just lead to 50 more threads for the hard of reading saying they missed a deadline followed by the usual 10 year old foot stomping when Sony or Microsoft have an issue and things gt pushed back.

Why does everything have to be now, just wait and relax and when there is something to announce they will.

If I had teenagers telling me how to my job on a daily basis then I wouldn't post anything either.

Wise words.

Not good enough.

We need the exact Day Hour Minute and Second of release, every release.
We need to see every line of code that every dev is writing right now so we can correct them when they make an error or change something we don't like.
We need every beta tester to stream to twitch so we can tell them how to test correctly to our standards.
We need to be consulted on every company decision SMS make.

This is not impatience, this is our right as gamers!

http://static.commentcamarche.net/es.ccm.net/pictures/Ud6krzOUaQiVrbx4IWkuzUrMD8vWr4qbG1wMtmWKQ94r7Doi6fybXXnACJoLFtKR-lol.png

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z_Qqnq8pI8

Hope you enjoyed it ;)

Ohhhh nooooo... :biggrin-new:

FS7
16-07-2015, 16:34
I don't really care about a DLC trailer, contents of the next DLC have already been revealed, all I want is for MS to hurry up and release the X1 patch so that SMS can go ahead and release the DLC.
I'd prefer if SMS had released PC/PS4 DLC last week and release X1 later, but I'm guessing there's some sort of agreement that requires SMS to release DLC on all platforms at the same time.

Racer Pro
16-07-2015, 16:42
i dont know why ps4 and pc need to wait the 2.0 come on xbox 1 before release a DLC ? the ps4 and pc have already the 2.0 give the DLC for ps4 and pc and give the DLC for xbox 1 when the 2.0 out on xbox 1.

DECATUR PLAYA
16-07-2015, 16:54
i dont know why ps4 and pc need to wait the 2.0 come on xbox 1 before release a DLC ? the ps4 and pc have already the 2.0 give the DLC for ps4 and pc and give the DLC for xbox 1 when the 2.0 out on xbox 1.

I could be wrong but look at the Jon Z 600 to 1000 video it looks like a sneak peek at some oval racing. The 2 shots of the stock cars in the video seem to be riding on high banking could be wrong. If I'm right at least it's a sneak peek.

TAGS Battfink
16-07-2015, 16:58

Why are you in such a rush? You honestly bored with the vast amount of tracks.all ready on offer?

If so, a change of game genre might be in order. ;)

Yorkie065
16-07-2015, 17:01
I could be wrong but look at the Jon Z 600 to 1000 video it looks like a sneak peek at some oval racing. The 2 shots of the stock cars in the video seem to be riding on high banking could be wrong. If I'm right at least it's a sneak peek.

The footage that are used in his videos are from back in the development of the game. Thats how he gets his shots as he can't get the same ones anymore, or at least not as easily.

And as for not releasing the DLC on PC and PS4 whilst XOne is still waiting on the patch, XOne players will kick off at SMS for it asking why they haven't got it when everyone else has. There'd be a good reason for it and it is out of SMS's control with the patch which most will understand, but there are always some people who just won't want to absorb the information and blame them regardless.

Bouyo
17-07-2015, 03:24
Why are you in such a rush? You honestly bored with the vast amount of tracks.all ready on offer?

If so, a change of game genre might be in order. ;)

No one's in a rush, it's quite true. However it doesn't hurt to have a little hype; I mean what's wrong with a few tasty screenshots of new upcoming cars and a little teaser? Now everyone has seen the content of 'DLC Audi' via a leak and correct me if I'm wrong but we're all looking forward to it more than ever!

I actively go out of my way to 'follow' certain things pre-release just because it makes their release more special. It amuses me to see that most of the mods are treating us eager fans as hecklers and feel the need to shut us up. Bring on the DLC trailers, the last one was jaw dropping ...

Also, in answer to your other point: of course I'm not bored with all the cars, in fact I only race with a handful of the cars in PCars. Doesn't mean to say that I'm not excited for more! I think the R8 looks awesome.

Deadzone
17-07-2015, 03:29
According to the offical Pcars Twitter it is coming this week, so I'm expecting it to drop today because DLC isn't usually released on a Saturday.

resmania
17-07-2015, 04:07
According to the offical Pcars Twitter it is coming this week, so I'm expecting it to drop today because DLC isn't usually released on a Saturday.

:cool::cool::biggrin-new:

hitmanvega
17-07-2015, 07:06
Think that is subject to the Xbox1 patch being released....?:confused:

T0MMY
17-07-2015, 07:13
Hopefully the DLC comes next week along with the Xbox patch, that is the only thing stopping us from getting the DLC.

Invincible
17-07-2015, 09:49
Hopefully the DLC comes next week along with the Xbox patch, that is the only thing stopping us from getting the DLC.

XBOX1 patch is out today (well, it should be ready for download during the day, depending on your timezone).

TrevorAustin
17-07-2015, 09:54

And I don't know why you and so many others are so bothered about the DLC, just play the game you've got and enjoy the DLCs as they are released.

Racer Pro
17-07-2015, 09:55
i hope the DLC come tomorrow if the x1 patch out today.

danowat
17-07-2015, 09:58
i hope the DLC come tomorrow if the x1 patch out today.

Probably next tuesday, not sure I've ever seen DLC (or a game for that matter) being released at the weekend.

sVig
17-07-2015, 09:58
What about the PS4 patch? Or have we had that? I lose where we're upto now with patches.

Racer Pro
17-07-2015, 09:59
What about the PS4 patch? Or have we had that? I lose where we're upto now with patches.ok the DLC today

danowat
17-07-2015, 10:01
What about the PS4 patch? Or have we had that? I lose where we're upto now with patches.

It's been out for a while

sVig
17-07-2015, 10:03
Why are we having to wait for the Xbox One patch for dlc anyway? A delay on one format for a patch shouldn't affect the release of dlc for patched other formats...

What dlc anyway btw?

Racer Pro
17-07-2015, 10:06
Why are we having to wait for the Xbox One patch for dlc anyway? A delay on one format for a patch shouldn't affect the release of dlc for patched other formats...
the wait is for making everyone happy its fair play

danowat
17-07-2015, 10:09

What dlc anyway btw?

Parity.

sVig
17-07-2015, 10:12
****ing parity. For who though? MS or the devs lol.

DozUK
17-07-2015, 10:14
Xbox patch due out today, so DLC won't be too far behind :)

Racer Pro
17-07-2015, 10:17
maybe the DLC out today

DozUK
17-07-2015, 10:23
maybe the DLC out today

I think next week is more likely, but who knows?

Invincible
17-07-2015, 10:24
maybe the DLC out today

Probably not. But the wait for the patch being released on all platform prior to the DLC announcement wasn't only due to parity reasons, but also a few file for possible DLC were distributed with the patch. So you'll have to get the patch before the DLC to make it work in the first place.

sVig
17-07-2015, 10:24
What dlc are we talking about...? Or is this just the usual speculation?

sbtm
17-07-2015, 10:25
Track DLC

Racer Pro
17-07-2015, 10:30
yes in the patch have trophy for Ruapuna i think the track DLC is Ruapuna

Marrrfooo
17-07-2015, 10:39
If you actually read similar topics you would already know what is coming...

Audi A1 quattro (2014) - free car

Audi R18 e-tron quattro (2014)
Audi 90 IMSA GTO (1989)
Audi R8 LMR (2000)
Ruapuna Raceway (New-Zealand)

As per previous posts pasted above FYI

sVig
17-07-2015, 10:43
Well then that I am psyched for.

MrEllawood
17-07-2015, 16:05
I've tried the new track in time trial (xbox)... Not bad, but I hope for different style of tracks in the future...