PDA

View Full Version : An idea on how to clean up multiplayer

Dirtalot
16-07-2015, 18:42
We all now know the frustration we face when playing multiplayer. I refuse to play multiplayer in project cars now as it is full of people who just want to play destruction derby.

A rival online pc based racing sim employs a safety rating system which helps facilitate clean racing. The safety rating could be no fault system that penalizes drivers for incidents that can impede one's own progress or the progress of another driver.

A similar system could be used here where lobbies could be safety rating specific.

The following are examples of the type of incursions that could affect your rating

- Minimal contact with a wall or another car.
- The centerline of your car or more off of the racing surface.
- Hard car contact resulting in substantial damage.
- A loss of control occurring when your car spins to a certain angle

I'm sure we all could think of some more that could be included.

any opinions Devs,Mods and forum users?

wolfscastle
16-07-2015, 19:11
Give us a realistic and more impact Damage, and we have
same clean races like iRacing.

I bet for that!

OperatorWay
16-07-2015, 19:15
Similar concepts have been discussed at length here many times - for example:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33873

Dirtalot
16-07-2015, 19:44
Similar concepts have been discussed at length here many times - for example:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33873

Yes i agree , variations on a theme. However, the more variations we come up with, the easier it will be for the devs to come up with their own sensible plan.;)

OperatorWay
16-07-2015, 22:04
The best solutions are usually the simplest, like:

• Give public lobby hosts the ability to kick players from a lobby without a vote.

• Automatically ghost cars that are stationary or facing/moving the wrong direction on a track.

Those 2 features alone wouldn't fix everything, but combined they'd address quite a lot with a relatively minor amount of work compared to the work involved in implementing an accurate collision detection & rating/ranking system that can't be easily abused and/or circumvented.

I'm guessing that 2 key contributors to the effectiveness of iRacing's safety rating are the fact that people pay a recurring subscription fee to play it (price barrier filters out many trouble-makers), and rammers have a higher risk of being banned for unsafe/unsportsmanlike driving due to tighter enforcement. With other racing games, people only pay an initial purchase price (or someone else bought the game for them), and there's very little risk of getting banned for unsafe/unsportsmanlike driving... in which case, rammers can do as they please because there's almost nothing to stop them.

jason
17-07-2015, 01:28
Ask the developer if they plan to do anything about it first , otherwise all your ideas and suggestions are fruitless.

OperatorWay
17-07-2015, 01:38
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35054

EvoM3
17-07-2015, 01:59
I would not support a penalty system unless it worked flawlessly. I dont want penalties when someone runs up the back of me and pushes me off the track... so as it stands I dont think this is a good idea.

FoxMulder
17-07-2015, 03:23
I would not support a penalty system unless it worked flawlessly. I dont want penalties when someone runs up the back of me and pushes me off the track... so as it stands I dont think this is a good idea.

That's exactly what happens now. You get pushed wide in a chicane and off track, you will get a cut track or slow down penalty.

Dirtalot
17-07-2015, 20:31

This would be simple to resolve, the car behind would take the penalty as it is his responsibility not collide with the car in front. after all, that's how british insurance companies allocate blame!

NutsMammoth
17-07-2015, 21:50
An idea on how to clean up multiplayer

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients/04images/India/NuclearBomb.jpg

You're welcome ;)

Dirtalot
17-07-2015, 22:04
An idea on how to clean up multiplayer

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients/04images/India/NuclearBomb.jpg

You're welcome ;)

that would definitely do the trick lol

Artful_Alonso14
18-07-2015, 13:29
Better servers. Am I the only one who experiences lag whenever there's more than six cars racing? It's getting to be a bit of a joke really, although that's down to my own Internet as well (but was still able to play GT6).

smithdan78
20-07-2015, 15:37
We all now know the frustration we face when playing multiplayer. I refuse to play multiplayer in project cars now as it is full of people who just want to play destruction derby.

A rival online pc based racing sim employs a safety rating system which helps facilitate clean racing. The safety rating could be no fault system that penalizes drivers for incidents that can impede one's own progress or the progress of another driver.

A similar system could be used here where lobbies could be safety rating specific.

The following are examples of the type of incursions that could affect your rating

- Minimal contact with a wall or another car.
- The centerline of your car or more off of the racing surface.
- Hard car contact resulting in substantial damage.
- A loss of control occurring when your car spins to a certain angle

I'm sure we all could think of some more that could be included.

any opinions Devs,Mods and forum users?

The simplest way, is to pick the best from the bunch. Bit by bit, chaotic race by chaotic race, build up your friends. Then all race private and stay the hell away from the lobbies. Its what i did and works fine. add me if you want to join up; thewispo on ps4 :)

-IGN- Spinster
20-07-2015, 15:51
I think until the dedicated server is completed to make it noticeable in the lobby and give easier access for the gamers like we set up a host ordinarily in the game will be the only way as I see it. Hosting from the game we cannot blacklist gamers unless we use the dedicated server that most gamers cannot play because they have no idea how to join.

chart_e
20-07-2015, 16:45
just give the host the ability to kick And ban wreckers from his loby, and ghost or DQ cars that stays stationary or roll in wrong direction

goL ecaR v yM
20-07-2015, 19:48
i absolutely loved the rewards and badges system in both shift titles..... is it a bit hokey? or arcade y? maybe... but fun and great was to spot clean drivers from dirty ones.

Shepard2603
21-07-2015, 11:17
Better servers. Am I the only one who experiences lag whenever there's more than six cars racing? It's getting to be a bit of a joke really, although that's down to my own Internet as well (but was still able to play GT6).
As long as you don't play on a dedicated server, the host is the bottleneck...

Yorkie065
21-07-2015, 12:05
just give the host the ability to kick And ban wreckers from his loby, and ghost or DQ cars that stays stationary or roll in wrong direction

^ This. Although the ghosting of stationary cars should be an option you can turn on and off for those who race in organised groups and want to keep the realism when there are no wreckers around.

People can preach about penalty systems all they want, safety ratings etc etc. If a rammer or wrecker wants to ruin your race, they will do so regardless. With a system like that, you're only going to get more pissed off when you fall victim to the wreckers and you get awarded penalties, minus points on your safety rating etc.

Noticed someone said that if someone goes into the back of you, they get the penalty points....it's not that simple! What if the person infront brake checks you on purpose at a time when you have little to no time to react. There's too many variables to program it properly and get it working fairly and the way people would like. That's why iRacing have done the system they have, give the penalty points to both drivers.

Simple kicks and bans from lobbies should suffice, with options to ghost car options when setting up lobbies.

Raf Nix
21-07-2015, 20:36
You guys might not know as its been years ago when it was possible to force full simulation settings as a host. Most important was mandarory cockpit view which kept the crash kids away.
Just now coming from pcars mp servers, 49 rooms - not one with full sim sets...
Also mandatoried incar view still doesn't work when entering an already running room.