PDA

View Full Version : Questions about 24 and 25 hour invitational events

DespiteExilio
16-07-2015, 20:04
Im just curious, how long do you guys set the time for during these events? I know the minimum time for 24 hours le mans is 2 hours, but i was wondering what was the norm. I would enjoy racing all 24 hours or so but i just dont have the time. It would be great if there were an option to save mid-race.

MrFlibble81
16-07-2015, 20:06
You can put an AI driver in I think.

I can't confirm this as I haven't done that event. Sure somebody else can confirm though.

DespiteExilio
16-07-2015, 20:11
Ok, thats interesting. I just wonder if you can simulate the time once the ai takes over.

mpadula
16-07-2015, 21:07
Im just curious, how long do you guys set the time for during these events? I know the minimum time for 24 hours le mans is 2 hours, but i was wondering what was the norm. I would enjoy racing all 24 hours or so but i just dont have the time. It would be great if there were an option to save mid-race.

Haven't really had any luck doing anything I can't finish in a day (so, around 2 hrs). Going into rest mode on the PS4 causes the game to lock so...around 2 hours. I'll push it to 4 if they AI are close in terms of pace :P

Machinist90
16-07-2015, 21:21
Ok, thats interesting. I just wonder if you can simulate the time once the ai takes over.

you can pit in and let AI take over but can't accelerate time (unless till the end),if you want to take over again call him back to pits,but this has various bugs so I wouldn't recommend

MrFlibble81
16-07-2015, 21:43
Haven't really had any luck doing anything I can't finish in a day (so, around 2 hrs). Going into rest mode on the PS4 causes the game to lock so...around 2 hours. I'll push it to 4 if they AI are close in terms of pace :P

This just reminded me that the PS4 has the pause/resume function now meaning that you can start where you left off.

I think you just have to put the console into rest mode without closing the application (in this case Project Cars). So if you wanted to do it over the course of a few days then then this would be the way to go.

Machinist90
16-07-2015, 21:45
This just reminded me that the PS4 has the pause/resume function now meaning that you can start where you left off.

I think you just have to put the console into rest mode without closing the application (in this case Project Cars). So if you wanted to do it over the course of a few days then then this would be the way to go.

tried that with xbox,just froze up the game,well..the race froze up,menus etc was fine but if you resumed the race everything was static so I'd test that first before going full on with a lengthy race

DespiteExilio
17-07-2015, 11:08
Ok well that sucks that you cant accelerate time when the ai takes over. Maybe in a future update we will be able to save mid-race and come back to it later. I guess ill just stick to racing around 2-4 hours

NemethR
17-07-2015, 11:59
Does the Achievement count if you reduce the time?!

mjemec11
17-07-2015, 13:10
Does the Achievement count if you reduce the time?!

Nope, it has to be full 24 hours.

NemethR
17-07-2015, 13:15
Nope, it has to be full 24 hours.

Hoped so... :)

mpadula
17-07-2015, 13:41

Right. That's exactly what I do. On pit-entry say, pull up the pit screen (effectively paused) and then put the console into rest mode. If I leave it for a couple hours it's fine. If I leave it overnight and a work day, it freezes and I have to reboot the console.

Machinist90
17-07-2015, 19:07
Right. That's exactly what I do. On pit-entry say, pull up the pit screen (effectively paused) and then put the console into rest mode. If I leave it for a couple hours it's fine. If I leave it overnight and a work day, it freezes and I have to reboot the console.

same with xbox