PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS XBox One Patch 2.0 Release notes

Stephen Viljoen
17-07-2015, 07:44
Hi all,

With XBox One patch 2.0 approved (yay!) and rolling out very very soon, here are the release notes for the patch. :)

Project CARS – Xbox One Patch 2.0 – Release Notes

Performance Improvements
* Up to 17% frame rate improvement in extreme conditions

Online & Community Events
* Multiplayer search filter 'Skill' now finds games based upon certain lobby game configuration criteria. For example, “Pro” setting now searches for Full Damage or manual-start Engine or Forced Cockpit or Mechanical Failure, and so forth.
* Community events page – when an event cannot be entered, it will now display the reason why: ‘Coming Soon’ along with a countdown, or ‘Expired’.
* Online – Ensure that vehicle light repairs are synchronized in MP races so that repaired headlights are visible by other racers.
* Fix attempt for a hard-to-reproduce issue where the game would at times freeze or crash when 8 or more players joined a session all at once.
* Fixed an issue that at times would prevent a player from establishing full connectivity when leaving a lobby and trying to reconnect to it.

Controls
* Adjustments made to the gears system, to prevent gears being skipped under certain conditions. This addresses an issue where gears would at times jump straight down to 1st, potentially causing engine blowouts.
* Steering wheels – reduced the centering rate of the steering spring. This improves the feel of steering wheels at very low speeds.
* Added support for the use of all active controllers for menu input. You can for example now use a steering wheel to race, and a gamepad to control the menus and photo mode.
* Gear shifters – when using an H-shifter on a car that has a sequential gearbox, the gearbox will now switch through the gears until the gear selected on the H-shifter is reached.
* Fixed an issue in Force Feedback calibration that would prevent a player from setting "Soft Clipping (Half Input)" back to 0 after modifying it from the original value.
* Built in protection to prevent unsupported controller devices from crashing the game.
* Gear shifters – fixed an issue that prevented the selection of neutral when using an H-gate shifter add-on with a car that has an H-gate shifter in-game.
* Implemented accelerator vibration on the gamepad right trigger to indicate when and how much the tyres slip under acceleration.
* Madcatz wheel - fixed an issue where the switch on the wheel to change between 270 to 900 degree mode stopped functioning.

Physics & AI
* Slowed down the AI opponents in the rain when using racing tyres, to make racing against them better balanced.
* Adjusted the AI tyre wear rate to better match the player’s tyre wear rate.
* Adjusted wear of Slicks and Rain tires to more realistic levels where needed. Typically GT/LMP/Formula cars will get slightly more than a full fuel load on soft or default slicks (depending on fuel load amounts).
* Adjusted the heating of slicks and rain tyres to more realistic levels.
* Adjusted tyre temperature sensitivity on several cars.
* Adjusted rain tyres to generally be more sensitive to overheating, and less efficient in the dry.
* Improvements to AI navigation to lessen collisions during cramped race starts, improve detection of other cars during cornering, and improve clean overtaking
* Improved the AI pitting logic during practice and qualifying so that the AI cars run more realistic stints before pitting.
* Reworked the AI’s fuelling logic during qualifying sessions where no refuelling is allowed, so that they don’t always fill up the fuel tanks and negatively impact their qualifying ability. The AI will now deliver far more competitive lap times during qualifying.
* Fixed an issue where the AI would set impossible lap times during races with pit stops.
* The AI will now pit as soon as possible when low on fuel to prevent them running out of fuel and retiring from the race.
* Reduced the effect of damage to the car’s cooling system when suffering aero damage. This prevents engines from overheating and blowing at an unrealistic rate.
* Fixed an issue that prevented bump starts from working properly on some cars. An example case – with gears and clutch set to manual, take an Ariel Atom out on Brands Hatch. At the first right hander, stall the car, ignition on, 2nd gear, roll down the hill up to about 15kph and drop the clutch. The car will now bump start. Exact conditions for a successful bump start will vary slightly by car.
* Fixed an issue where at times some AI drivers in a race would use much higher skill levels than the rest of the field.
* Fixed an issue that prevented the AI from pitting within the final 3 laps of a race
* Further tweaked the AI ability in wet races to more closely match the player car’s ability in the wet
* Improved the AI’s efficiency in pit timing when needing to change tyres due to weather conditions.

Pitting, tuning, setups
* Fixed an issue where wet tyres were fitted too long before the rain starts, causing excessive overheating and wear on the tyres.
* Fixed an issue where, when running low on fuel, the Pit Board would appear to tell the player to do a scheduled pit stop when the player did not schedule a pit stop.
* Fixed an issue where flat tyres were fitted to the car during a pit stop, by ensuring that the tyres are correctly inflated.
* Fixed an issue where the car’s bump-stop value decreased after leaving a race session and joining it again.
* Reworked the brake bias display information so that changing the values is more intuitive.

Tracks
* Performance optimisation pass done on: Brands Hatch layouts, Cadwell layouts, Oulton Park layouts, Bathurst, Azure circuit, and Zolder. This helps improve the overall smoothness when racing on these tracks with large grids of cars.
* Track cutting tolerances reduced on all tracks where it was too forgiving.
* Fixed an issue where a pit crew character would at times appear floating above the race track on various tracks.
* Silverstone Stowe – fixed render issues on some tyre stacks, and addressed an issue with cars driving through certain objects.
* Road America – fixed an issue where a line of grass line appeared in the air near a concrete barrier.
* Spa Francorchamps – fixed an issue where cars under AI control would bump into the pit wall when exiting the pit lane. Fixed an issue where the AI were running too wide over the exit curb at the Bus Stop Chicane.
* Brno – fixed an issue where cars would at times start in the same grid positions, fixed garage six to prevent the AI from getting stuck on the right side wall when exiting the garage spot, fixed an issue when running more than 20 cars in a race would cause the car in 21st to slide into the pits.
* Le Mans – fixed an issue that would at times cause the car to crash while in the pit lane, leading to a disqualification. Improved the AI race line for better speed, and improved the AI behaviour on curbs.
* Laguna Seca – improved the AI performance as they were running too slow in some sections.
* Imola – Improved the pit lane AI navigation, and fixed an issue with a section of the fence at the pit entrance that appear to float.
* Bathurst - fixed a render issue with shimmering edges in parts of the track.

Career
* Added a new RUF RGT8 GT3 contract to ensure that the player can enter the RUF GT3 series on contract renewal and not just when starting a new career.
* Fixed the unlock details for the Supercar Ardennes Club Day Invitational.
* Fixed an issue where skipping the session during a race caused the player to move up in the session results.

Vehicles
* Group 5 cars – adjusted the gearshift timing tolerances to fix an issue with the gearing when pausing and restarting a session.
* Gumpert Apollo – fixed an issue with the livery sets that caused the livery selection to display wrong liveries.
* Aston Martin Vantage GT3 – tuned engine lifetime and brake cooling parameters for better accuracy.
* Lotus 98T – tweaked turbo to improve AI estimation of top speed.
* McLaren F1 GTR – modified the default setup and reduced front bump steer to improve straight line stability, fixed an issue to ensure that the car’s specific HUD motec display is used
* McLaren F1 - Fixed an issue that caused the car to use the wrong default tyre compound.
* Ford GT40 MK4 – Reworked in several areas to improve handling and match the real car closer - Bump stops settings exposed in setup with better tuned setup defaults, increased wrap around stiffness of the tire carcass, rebalanced base vs tear grip, rebalanced player vs AI rain performance against the AI.
* All Formula vehicles – Stop brake light reflections appearing on cars that don’t have brake lights.

General
* Fixed an issue where the player position would at times change to last when player crosses the starting line during rolling starts.
* Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when selecting the ‘Edit Tuning Setup’ option in the ‘PIT BOX’ screen.
* Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash while watching a saved replay.
* Driver Network Profile – fixed an issue where entering Free Practice mode would count toward Races Entered.
* Audio – rebalanced the volume of skid sounds to make them a bit more audible.
* Updated the achievement "I am the 5%" to ensure that it can be achieved in non-Pro-modes as well.
* Fixed a game crash issue caused by an overflow of the email inbox when the player received above a certain amount of invitational emails.
* GUI – fixed an issue where the controls configuration arrows in Options would not respond correctly to mouse input when attempting fine adjustment.

denis74
17-07-2015, 07:50
Great news and ready to get patch :D

RoccoTTS
17-07-2015, 07:53
Thanks Stephen and the other team members !!

Racer Pro
17-07-2015, 07:54
cool for x1 player

Mittsy555
17-07-2015, 07:55
Good work guys looking forward to patch 2.0:o

Psychomatrix
17-07-2015, 08:00
Good news :) thanks for the info

FlyLastShadow
17-07-2015, 08:02
That is a long list. Thanks to the devs for there efforts to improve this game.

wOoDsTeR16
17-07-2015, 08:18
Wicked news, thanks guys

Crazy Stiggy
17-07-2015, 08:18
Awesome news. Haven't played Pcars in a few days now. Been waiting on the patch because I want to do some custom races with Ai and I hate feeling like a NooB in the rain.

jason
17-07-2015, 08:23
Great news for the Xbox lads , hope is a successful patch ...... Enjoy guys

odemode
17-07-2015, 08:53
Has anyone tried to see if the update is live?

gmspromo
17-07-2015, 09:04
Has anyone tried to see if the update is live?

I've been waiting for someone to ask this ... I think you'll find - at least in the UK - I've found with pretty much EVERY patch Microsoft approve for EVERY game, that they tend to appear sometime in the afternoon, probably due to the US being 6 or 7 hours behind us ... so you will probably find it appears this afternoon sometime!

KkDrummer
17-07-2015, 09:04
I've. Just tried, no it isn't. Thanks SMS! Can't wait to try it out. Looks promising!��

weerufus
17-07-2015, 09:12
Great news & thanks to everyone at SMS, game just keeps getting better & better

odemode
17-07-2015, 09:19
Great news & thanks to everyone at SMS, game just keeps getting better & better

Yes it does but unfortunately its rapidly decreasing my bank balance.

Azure Flare
17-07-2015, 09:41
'Bout damn time! Now we can look forward to the next DLC. :cool:

Olijke Poffer
17-07-2015, 09:53
When does the 3.0 patch will be released? ROFL.....

anyway, will fire up the console to see if it is ready to patch......
Drive safe....

KkDrummer
17-07-2015, 10:01
if I am not mistaken last patch came out between 11-12am....should not be much longer now! =]

Ixoye56
17-07-2015, 10:10
Great News, thank's for a fantastic work and support.

Olijke Poffer
17-07-2015, 10:14
How large is the complete installation after the patch. I have 19GB in total atm.. Game plus all extra DLC..

Racer Pro
17-07-2015, 10:18
How large is the complete installation after the patch. I have 19GB in total atm.. Game plus all extra DLC..
20 or 21 im on ps4

AtomicSphincter
17-07-2015, 10:23

I think that's the size after 1.4 update. I think we should have the 2.0 in less then two hours. Usually they hit 7:30-8a.m. eastern.

Elaine The Racer
17-07-2015, 10:32
Does this mean the DLC can also now drop for all users? Fingers crossed!

KkDrummer
17-07-2015, 10:37
Patch for pc and ps4 was about 1.5Gb

nissan4ever
17-07-2015, 10:39
Great news to wake up to!

KkDrummer
17-07-2015, 10:45
Great news to wake up to!

you sir!!! you can move!

Mascot
17-07-2015, 10:49
Pleased for all you Bone users, and even more pleased for all of us as a whole - the car and track DLC can now finally be released for all platforms..!

ItchyBear
17-07-2015, 10:57

...all we need now is some kind words about gamechat on Xbox One then I'll take off my top, die my hair pCARS colours & record myself running around the room naked :D

C'mon! ..we're on a roll.. great work guys! say after me: gamechat gamechat gamechat....

staer90
17-07-2015, 11:10
I hope it comes out soon either later today

Captnkuesel
17-07-2015, 11:18
Finally! Great news!

FederalHercules
17-07-2015, 11:20
* Fixed an issue where flat tyres were fitted to the car during a pit stop, by ensuring that the tyres are correctly inflated.

This issue was not fixed in 2.0. Should be removed from the patch notes.

SchnauzahPowah
17-07-2015, 11:36
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

molde
17-07-2015, 11:50
Great news!!

Im Sorry
17-07-2015, 11:54
Yeeehaaaa.At last.
Praise the lord :D

jeanbob
17-07-2015, 11:56
I'm so happy..I'm gonna jump of the roof!

The WarPig 80
17-07-2015, 11:59
Is this real or am i dreaming :D. Good work guys.

Fractured Life
17-07-2015, 12:00
Thanks guys, its nice to open a thread and get the answer to what you want and not have to read through 130 plus pages of all the trollish bullshit you could ever imagine. Now to figure out a way of escaping work...

slider916
17-07-2015, 12:02
Does this mean the DLC can also now drop for all users? Fingers crossed!

DLC release today might be pushing it. While it would be nice if the DLC was released for the weekend, the actual patch still needs to be pushed first.
Whenever that actually happens.

Robhd
17-07-2015, 12:03
So what time do we predict it will land in the UK... You can have 2 minutes leeway with your guess...

I will go with 2.31pm...no, hang on a minute i meant...

david simoni
17-07-2015, 12:09
Approved is one thing, launch is another. I just believe when the patch is available for download.

The WarPig 80
17-07-2015, 12:09
So what time do we predict it will land in the UK... You can have 2 minutes leeway with your guess...

I will go with 2.31pm...no, hang on a minute i meant...
I will say 4.00pm...

maurice-pascale
17-07-2015, 12:14
I think on monday.....or maybe 18 pm....i hope today, but i guess monday........i want da DLC'Ssssss ;)

X ONE ERICIUS
17-07-2015, 12:15
Patch is here in germany... unplug the console completely for 1 minute and then back in. :victorious:

golfcab93
17-07-2015, 12:16
Patch is live in Germany! 1365mb

david simoni
17-07-2015, 12:16
Project CARS - All Platforms - Patch 2.0 - Release notes - OUT NOW on PC, PS4

Andy Garton - XB1 patch 2 should be published today. Sorry again for the delay compared to other platforms, it's the last thing we wanted too.

They are clowning again , open a new post but actually has no date yet .
Approved is a launch is another thing .
Meanwhile we iqual suckers sitting and waiting esssas corrections.

ports
17-07-2015, 12:17
I will say 4.00pm...

The patch is live now in the UK

Ian Bell
17-07-2015, 12:17
When is the patch out?????? :mad:

Im Sorry
17-07-2015, 12:19

Never mind the patch.What about the dlc :mad:

amazed
17-07-2015, 12:20
Project CARS - All Platforms - Patch 2.0 - Release notes - OUT NOW on PC, PS4

Andy Garton - XB1 patch 2 should be published today. Sorry again for the delay compared to other platforms, it's the last thing we wanted too.

They are clowning again , open a new post but actually has no date yet .
Approved is a launch is another thing .
Meanwhile we iqual suckers sitting and waiting esssas corrections.

David,

SHUT UP!

staer90
patch is out in italy

jonnyyoung2013
You can please some of the people some of the time................:D

Ian Bell
Never mind the patch.What about the dlc :mad:

Agreed! Where's the DLC you wasters!!!! :mad:

(no doubt I'll get banned now for making a perfectly normal criticism of the game!!!!)

weerufus
17-07-2015, 12:21
its out now, wheres your patience :D

KkDrummer

out in the UK!! Cheers Ian and SMS!!!

jonnyyoung2013

(no doubt I'll get banned now for making a perfectly normal criticism of the game!!!!)

Is this your reply to Microsoft Ian?

KkDrummer
David,

SHUT UP!

yes!! shut da ferk up David!

NavyFlipper HUN
17-07-2015, 12:22
Patch is out in Finland! Yupppiyaaaaeeee \o/

ports
17-07-2015, 12:23

Will the DLC come today now X1 has the patch or will it be after the weekend :) i can't wait for the new track and cars you and your team are doing a great job thank you.

Didn't see that post above sorry for another .

Im Sorry
17-07-2015, 12:23
Oh no.My Xbox has to update first.I blame SMS

Ian Bell
17-07-2015, 12:25
This patch is loading, but where is the next one!!! :mad:

lourencobj
17-07-2015, 12:27
Downloading update!!! \o/

sbtm
17-07-2015, 12:27
Oh. Someone had a clown for breakfast I guess :D

golfcab93
17-07-2015, 12:28
Yes Ian!!! Now Your Team have to work all weekend to bring Patch 3.0 on Monday!!! :D

Thanks for your work!

jonnyyoung2013

I agree when is 3.0 coming? :mad:

Ian Bell
Oh. Someone had a clown for breakfast I guess :D

Seriously though, I'm so glad it's finally out. Believe me when I say we appreciate your patience (well most of you!) and we are as eager as you are to see patches released.

Im Sorry
17-07-2015, 12:29
Patch downloaded.:D Will be back on in 5 to complain!

nissan4ever
17-07-2015, 12:29

Beltoon
17-07-2015, 12:30
Seriously though, I'm so glad it's finally out. Believe me when I say we appreciate your patience (well most of you!) and we are as eager as you are to see patches released.

It's like telling a kid what he'll get for his birthday. Next year.

diesel97
17-07-2015, 12:32

LOL did somebody have a liquid lunch :cool: starting the weekend spirits early LOL

BlueFin175
Game size now = 19.9GB

baza4173
Just getting sick of waiting for this july dlc

makeurownluck87
17-07-2015, 12:33
Patch is also live in Australia for those still up :)

nissan4ever
17-07-2015, 12:34
Game size now = 19.9GB

Ian Bell
17-07-2015, 12:34
LOL did somebody have a liquid lunch :cool: starting the weekend spirits early LOL

This is me sober, maybe that's the problem :)

oscarolim
17-07-2015, 12:35

Take it up with Ian... Oh wait!

Beltoon
17-07-2015, 12:37
Game crashes the first time I return to pit box. Can't wait for patch 2.1!

diesel97
17-07-2015, 12:40
This is me sober, maybe that's the problem :)

Its time for a tall pint, the lunitac frirnge are back in their cage for now

sbtm
17-07-2015, 12:41
Game crashes the first time I return to pit box. Can't wait for patch 2.1!

Excellent!

Ian Bell
17-07-2015, 12:42
Excellent!

Microsoft tested this for a long time as we know. Hard crashes would not have passed.

Do a proper reset of the console to be safe.

sbtm
17-07-2015, 12:43
Glad I'm on ps4. Never have to do a hard reset after a patch. I think pcars only crashed one time for me (right after release)

Poulka
17-07-2015, 12:45
Thanks Stephen an already great game, gets ever greater. Will be doing some serious playing today.

FlyLastShadow
17-07-2015, 12:49
After hard reset reading is 19.9gb here also.

Roger Prynne
17-07-2015, 12:55

Any more of this and I WILL ban you.

Clean up your act!

BlueFin175
17-07-2015, 12:59
Just did a weekend at Brands Hatch in full rain, with a full AI grid. Was buttery smooth the entire time and I was actually competitive with the AI in the RAIN !! Also loving the new Acceleration vibration on the controller, very cool !

An EXCELLENT job all round SMS, thank so much for sticking with it and for all the continued hard work, very much appreciated.

staer90
17-07-2015, 13:13
when people enter the lobby keeps Lagging

Ian Bell
17-07-2015, 13:13
when people enter the lobby keeps Lagging

There will be some issues until everyone is fully patched up.

JIP stutters will still happen though.

slider916
17-07-2015, 13:17
Very cool!
Any chance of the DLC coming for all platforms for the weekend?

RoccoTTS
17-07-2015, 13:31
DLC are already in.

slider916
17-07-2015, 13:43
DLC are already in.

Let me re-phrase that.
Any chance of purchasing them from the store today to use in time for the weekend?

RoccoTTS
17-07-2015, 13:45
Am i the only one who noticed the new circuit Ruapuna Park is already in game ?

Racer Pro
17-07-2015, 13:47
Am i the only one who noticed the new circuit Ruapuna Park is already in game ?

where ?

Raven403
17-07-2015, 13:47
where ?

Logo in the load screen

RoccoTTS
17-07-2015, 13:48
In time trial.

Racer Pro
17-07-2015, 13:48
Logo in the load screen
ok in the trophy too

RoccoTTS
17-07-2015, 13:50
I just did a lap on the new circuit in tt, i'm the only one in the leaderboards atm.

Elaine The Racer
17-07-2015, 14:07
I'm gonna check now

Elaine The Racer
17-07-2015, 14:09
The only "R" track in time trial is Road America from what I see?

beagea
17-07-2015, 14:12
Accelerator vibration superb, who ever came up with that idea needs a pay rise, totally changes how the cars are controlled & feel.

Could I ask is there a reason why Road America Logo gone?

Stephen Viljoen
17-07-2015, 14:14
Could I ask is there a reason why Road America Logo gone?

A bug that slipped through. It's been fixed in the meantime, so the logo will be back in the next patch.

oscarolim
17-07-2015, 14:16
As long as the track doesn't disappear, is just a logo :)

RoccoTTS
17-07-2015, 14:16
A bug that slipped through. It's been fixed in the meantime, so the logo will be back in the next patch.

Stephen, did we get the new circuit (Ruapuna Park) for free or is it a mistake that we (some) have it in game ?

BlueFin175
17-07-2015, 14:21
Liking being able to (test at least) run Ruapuna, excellent Kiwi track .. heh Nice to see my name up in lights, if only very temporarilly LOL :)

Thomas79
17-07-2015, 14:22
It says in the release notes that an issue with not being able to go to neutral with a H-shifter addon is now fixed...

But I still cant put it in neutral using the
the H-shifter, I have tried with 3 different cars now all of them with stick shift, after updating. I have complety rebootet and disconnectet my tx 458 italia wheel and t3pa and th8a, but it just don't work...is it just me or...

Otherwise great game and great patch, Best console sim ever

Didd31
17-07-2015, 14:28
thanks a lot for the job.

i reset my wheel calibration, redone it, i don't change anything on the default ff calibration parameters and it's work very very nice !!!, the in-cars ff parameters are now easy to done, the wheel and ff are nicely accurate, there is no saturation on the slope.

xboxone, trustmaster tx with its last firmware, main FF to 50% only.

:victorious: :applause:

Psychomatrix
17-07-2015, 15:04
Shifting problem seem to still there. For example when I shift from 5 to 3 the game shift in 2 nd. Now the shift in 3rd and ta2nd.n 2nd. Before patch 2.0 game skip the 3rd gear and goes straight from 4 th to 2 nd or from 3rd to 1st. I now other game this happen. The cars if tested for now who have this shift issue are Mercedes-Benz sls road, rwd lmp1, mc laren gt3, mercedes clk lm. Ford gt mark to skipped from 3 rd to 1st. So thats wrong as I wrote after patch 2.0 the game doesn't skip from 3rd to 1st or 4th to 2nd...... the shifting behavior on the ford gt iv is much more worse than before now it shifts in neutral which was never happen before. I play with xbox controller. That was the main thing I hoped that it will be solved.

It must hdonesomething to do with the rumble effect. Because now I drow a 5 lap trial with rumble off and I had no shift issue.

toffee
17-07-2015, 15:09
Thanks guys, this is a great patch! :o

Racinglova
17-07-2015, 15:15
FINALLY

snipeme77
17-07-2015, 15:23
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Elaine The Racer
17-07-2015, 15:38
Good work on the patch, just did a test with 16 people lobby worked! Now how about some juicy new DLC to add to this great day ;)))

dragonreborn770
17-07-2015, 16:30
Thanks guys for your hard work, looking forward to trying 2.0!

Baz Ralph
17-07-2015, 17:51
Great stuff, updating now and onto multi-player laters!

Beltoon
17-07-2015, 18:33
Good work on the patch, just did a test with 16 people lobby worked! Now how about some juicy new DLC to add to this great day ;)))

Was this a public or a private lobby?

BulletEyeDK
17-07-2015, 18:46
Great news... im actually just returned home after a week of vacation, this is just really great... can't wait to get on the tracks ;)

Elaine The Racer
17-07-2015, 19:09
Was this a public or a private lobby?

Private, for my endurance series

Nemesis X2
17-07-2015, 20:02
Great news. Not played since before previous patch, so will get stuck in now.

lapje
17-07-2015, 20:20
I did install the update, before starting the game I did shut down the XBOX (not in stand bye but complete shut down). After the xbox was started again I did start game Pcars but it says cannot load saved game, try again? Try again does not work. I am afraid I will loose my saved data. Or does anyone have a good suggestion. PCars is on an external HDD. Did not have this issue before (previous update to 1.4).

zzjorzz
17-07-2015, 21:02
Brilliant!!

Mbondracing
18-07-2015, 00:25
Ffb with my thrustmaster tx is much stronger after the update and seems more detailed loving the game even more! Thanks guys. Patience pays off in the end! Still the best game ever!

Thomas79
18-07-2015, 03:17
Ffb with my thrustmaster tx is much stronger after the update and seems more detailed loving the game even more! Thanks guys. Patience pays off in the end! Still the best game ever!

Can you, using your H-shifter, put a stick shift car in neutral? as its should have been fixed in 2.0.

I agree with you 100% best game ever. Even if there is a few hickups

General_RIMT
18-07-2015, 05:11
So, is it now all sliders move by 2 points, like ai and ffb? I hard reset my xbox but it's still adjusting ai difficulty by 10 and ffb and all that stuff by 6.

Olijke Poffer
18-07-2015, 06:15
Same for me.....

Pressure Drop
18-07-2015, 10:45
Thank you for the patch and continued support of the game !

Elaine The Racer
18-07-2015, 12:00
Why does all my wheel settings keep disappearing from my cars!? Agh! That's seriously annoying I had some great set ups on them and now they've gone and I have to keep putting the settings in everytime for each car I use :(

Elaine The Racer
18-07-2015, 12:10
It's only saved on cars wheel settings the RWD P30, but everytime I try to go put the settings on each car and I save it to all circuits once it saved I go back to check and it says "create setup" how can I when the game keeps wiping off the setting I put in :(

Elaine The Racer
18-07-2015, 14:19
Seriously what the hell has happened to saving a set up? I put the numbers in and it disappears

niceness-dk
18-07-2015, 14:20
So, is it now all sliders move by 2 points, like ai and ffb? I hard reset my xbox but it's still adjusting ai difficulty by 10 and ffb and all that stuff by 6.

It doesn't say anything about that in the change log, does it?

RoccoTTS
18-07-2015, 14:26
Seriously what the hell has happened to saving a set up? I put the numbers in and it disappears

On what circuit were you driving ?

Elaine The Racer
18-07-2015, 14:35
All circuits and the problem is there, it goes back to default settings everytime I put the ones in I had on any track

Elaine The Racer
18-07-2015, 14:37
this is so odd :(

RoccoTTS
18-07-2015, 14:59
All circuits and the problem is there, it goes back to default settings everytime I put the ones in I had on any track

Remember you can't save a setup on Ruapuna Park, because this track is not in the list of "All tracks".
If you race on Ruapuna Park and then go to garage, you see the default setup.

M0nKe3
18-07-2015, 15:42
Wicked mate! Cheers!

oscarolim
18-07-2015, 15:50
Yeah, last night I did a couple of setups for a few cars and it did save.
By the way, much better now. Good to see this improving this way, and thanks for the free preview on the new track, only on XBox ;)

Elaine The Racer
18-07-2015, 17:37
Ahh that's why! Thank you for clearing that up thought my game was going crazy!

Elaine The Racer
18-07-2015, 22:45
Ok so if I save a set up for all tracks it only selects certain tracks for the on all my cars? So e.g. DTM Merc for Dubai I create it save it and then go back in and it's gone? Is this because you need Ruapuna at all? Because that keeps cropping up on my set up list?

kat
18-07-2015, 23:11
Quick question, I keep my Xbox on Standby mode, so dont know if I got the patch yet, Is there a quick way to see if the patch was downloaded with out me dragging my wheel out?? I see the game is 19GB

Thomas79
18-07-2015, 23:33
Quick question, I keep my Xbox on Standby mode, so dont know if I got the patch yet, Is there a quick way to see if the patch was downloaded with out me dragging my wheel out?? I see the game is 19GB

Go to games and apps and hold the cursor over project cars, then hold both left and right triggers while pressing the view button.
Then you can see the version nr. on the top left of the window showing.

kat
19-07-2015, 04:16
Go to games and apps and hold the cursor over project cars, then hold both left and right triggers while pressing the view button.
Then you can see the version nr. on the top left of the window showing.
Thank you. I didnt know you can do that. That brought up a bunch of weird numbers, but I see the top one says "Aries 2.0.0.1" so Ill assume its 2.0 Thank you again....

Elaine The Racer
19-07-2015, 12:06
Totally off topic, but figured out how much Ruapuna will cost us UK folk, if it's $39 HK Dollars it's roughly about £3.22 which BEATS Forza pricing hands down!

transfix
19-07-2015, 12:10
Thank you SMS! Game keeps getting closer to the perfection it deserves. Patience is a virtue my friends.

Elaine The Racer
19-07-2015, 17:02
So what does this mean? This is what I mean since patch 2.0 212465

RoccoTTS
19-07-2015, 17:55
So what does this mean? This is what I mean since patch 2.0 212465

This has always been like this (with me).
This means : WARNING you have an existing setup for this track, you gonna overwrite this setup !!

Olijke Poffer
19-07-2015, 17:55
I had the same after the patch. I finally deleted my game data, from the cloud and local from Xbox. Did a complete new installation of the game Inc all the DLC. Now it works back again.
Ok I have to start all over with everything. It is just if I fire up the game for the first time. But I don't mind. It work like a charm now.

Apoc112
19-07-2015, 20:05
just wanted to express my happiness with the patch to the team... I wasn't too pleased with my TX wheel purchase (got it during pcars 1.3) and initially thought about returning it. then i played forza 5 with it (please hold all groaning for the end), and realized the wheel was great and that it was the pcars implementation that left something to be desired. 1.4 came, and it was definitely stronger - like "i felt like i was going to legitimately break the wheel" strong - but after doing a full settings reset, a re-calibration, and lots of tweaking, I found something i could live with until 2.0 arrived.

With the 2.0 update, I wanted to give the team the proper benefit of the doubt, so I did a new settings reset and re-calibration and played a Formula Rookie career race on the fully default setup. Ho. Lee. Shit. Initially it felt very heavy to me, but a few turns into the race, I jumped on the throttle too quickly and it stepped out on me just a bit. I over-corrected and the wheel gave me spot on feedback to allow me to catch it at full speed and keep pace. 12 laps later, my back was sweating and my arms were tired, and I had just earned the most rewarding 5th place finish I've ever experienced in a video game.

I will preface my final comment by saying that there are still some bugs I hope to see squashed: the stuttering/echoing audio glitch, and the random slowdowns still happen, and all too often. However, after that race and after the level of immersion I just experienced, I finally feel like this is the game I waited for. Nice job, all.

And thank you, too, to the WMD and forum community here for helping to bring it this far. Can't wait to see where we can take it from here!

Olijke Poffer
19-07-2015, 20:12
Second that. I love it. I just did some races on Zolder with 26 components. Before the patch it turned out to a slide show. Now after the 2.0 patch, no problems at all. Everything runs smooth. No frame drops.
Only during the replay I still see some jumps in frames.
Thumbs up SMS.....

SennaF1
19-07-2015, 20:24
Xbox One after patch 2.0.
qualifying No. 1, in the race grid position 32? after the first round cold rear tire. after the pit stop cold tires. each pit stop crash into the wall.

Guys, guys, what are you doing just? Priority controller vibration? I think pitstop and tires have the highest priority. I think I'll put on side half a year project cars. Let's see what is then. would be nice if it still creates it runs, but I can not believe somehow.

Umer Ahmad
19-07-2015, 21:03
Try again after patch 3.0 maybe one month

satco1066
19-07-2015, 22:01
qualifying No. 1, in the race grid position 32? after the first round cold rear tire. after the pit stop cold tires. each pit stop crash into the wall.

Guys, guys, what are you doing just? Priority controller vibration? I think pitstop and tires have the highest priority. I think I'll put on side half a year project cars. Let's see what is then. would be nice if it still creates it runs, but I can not believe somehow.

Hey SennaF1. Please if you do such a complaint please add:
1. Track
2. Car
3. Crash in the pit or after leaving
4. Controller
5. Screenshots of your telemetry hud, setup summary, etc.

This could help the developers to fix a possible bug.:rolleyes:
Just the complaint is worth nothing!

Elaine The Racer
20-07-2015, 14:00
This has always been like this (with me).
This means : WARNING you have an existing setup for this track, you gonna overwrite this setup !!

But it doesn't! I save it and it goes back to default

Ian Bell
20-07-2015, 14:06

Calm down :)

Controller vibration was a community request and was an easy addition from a member of staff not involved in pitstops or tyres. But fine, put it aside for 6 months if you must.

Elaine The Racer
20-07-2015, 14:56
Ok I've deleted all the saved it's worked and started from scratch! No biggie, was only half way through career mode anyway and mainly do online / free practice stuff!

Jezza819
20-07-2015, 22:44
The Ford GT40 is now driveable. It's still a handful but it's what I would expect a 60's race car to be. At least it's not spinning out anytime you turn the wheel like before. Everything feels better now. Things like the lower Formula feel like they have increased FFB but again I think I would expect that over more assisted GT cars and Prototypes.

The hard center spring at low speeds is still not fixed though. At least not on my TX wheel it's not. The Lotus 78 will now keep heat in the tires, at least three of them whereas before all of them stayed cold. It's still not quite as good as it was before 1.4 patch but it's much better than before.

So overall I give this patch a thumbs up.

billk1
21-07-2015, 12:38
Is the Xbox patch 2 out, if it is I missed it. What size should my game show, mine shows 19.9GB.

Apoc112
21-07-2015, 12:54
The Ford GT40 is now driveable. It's still a handful but it's what I would expect a 60's race car to be. At least it's not spinning out anytime you turn the wheel like before. Everything feels better now. Things like the lower Formula feel like they have increased FFB but again I think I would expect that over more assisted GT cars and Prototypes.

The hard center spring at low speeds is still not fixed though. At least not on my TX wheel it's not. The Lotus 78 will now keep heat in the tires, at least three of them whereas before all of them stayed cold. It's still not quite as good as it was before 1.4 patch but it's much better than before.

So overall I give this patch a thumbs up.

It's not just a hard center spring at low speed... if you get stuck in the kitty litter, you're in a robot wrestling match with the wheel no matter where it is. very frustrating when your wheel is at full lock and your paddles aren't where they should be. Having to contort yourself to get down into 1st or Reverse, then having to fight the wheel while you get it rolling fast enough to center itself takes so much longer than it should. hope this gets fixed soon. until then, keeping it rolling and keeping it between the lines is the top priority

KkDrummer
21-07-2015, 13:33
Is the Xbox patch 2 out, if it is I missed it. What size should my game show, mine shows 19.9GB.

yeah...you got 2.0.

giulianbu
21-07-2015, 13:37
patch 3.0 please

billk1
21-07-2015, 16:10
Thank you KKDrummer, I wasn't sure.

Der Ambergauer
22-07-2015, 09:55
Hello,

first of all, I've to apologize for my broken English. I hope you will understand it though.

I've got some questions...

1. Is it so hard, to set the triggerrumble working in a way, it works in FM5? Braketrigger is too soft, to brake without ABS and accelerationtrigger is rumbling the whole time when accelerating ( Clio and E30 M3 tested ). Sorry. That is controller-killing, nothing else. Please fix this or give us the possibility to deactivate it!

2. Setupsaving is suboptimal. Why is it not possible to save multiple setups with different names?

3. Multiplayer is ... ähm. Naja. When will we get a lobbyexplorer? Or - if this is not possible - please give us more possibilities to search a lobby. I want to search a lobby by selecting the class of cars, damage on or off, driveassists on or off etc. At the moment I search and quit, search an quit, search...

4. Why not fixed lobbies like in FM5 for all carclasses?

This game has such a huge potential - but if you don't get the biggest issues fixed until FM6 is out, it will be dead on XBox. And that would be a real pity!

Grüße vom Ambergauer

Umer Ahmad
22-07-2015, 10:17
3. Yes, we will have more lobby searching like fm5 soon for project cars.

Bogusmorgan
23-07-2015, 11:40
Is this possible on xbox one?

Project CARS – PS4 Patch 2.0 – Release Notes
Controls
* Enable support for USB keyboards to be used for in-game controls.

Chris Sercombe
23-07-2015, 12:14
Great if it was on xbox one.

d4ninho
23-07-2015, 12:33
how many hands do you have?

you would take a hand of a controller to press a button on a keyboard, your not an octopus are you?

Chris Sercombe
23-07-2015, 12:36
When i game i use every button on controller and every key on a keyboard does something, thats on a pc, would love this option on xbox 1, you would use keyboard for stuff like seat height, seat back forward etc

Olijke Poffer
23-07-2015, 12:52
I have problems with the game after the patch. I can't save my setups. so I choose both option (just to be sure) all & tracks. Click save and done. Go back to the main game screen. Back to garage, choose load setup. No luck. All I see are red triangles, scroll down to Zolder but it won't go further than Imola. All tracks after Imola does not appear in the setup list.
I also need to start pcars twice. First time there is no data loaded, e.g. No tracks and no cars. Both lists are empty. I need to close the game. Complete exit and fire up again. Then I see the tracks and cars back in the lists.
I just deleted the save game data on my console and he is now syncing with the online data! Let's hope I don't have to start all over assign.
Any ideas here? How to prevent installing the game over and over again....

Edit: just got an error. Can not recover your online save data from the server, please play offline or try it later again. I now want to throw my wheel to the Xbox...

baz00ka
23-07-2015, 13:11
i had this few times and it does resolve itself somehow. once time i just hit try again few times and eventually it worked. another time it failed after multiple tries so i quit to dashboard, kill the game and after i have noticed there is a problem with modified car pack install so reinstalled the pack then started the game again and it synced after that.

other problems you describe looks like complete game reinstall (game, patches, addons) is in order. delete local save, delete the game install including all addons/packs, clear persistent storage, hard reboot then reinstall the game. after that install your addons, make sure they all install good then try starting the game again and syncing with cloud save. its annoying and buggy as fcuk but dont give up it will work eventually if you do these steps, it did for me.

Edit: just got an error. Can not recover your online save data from the server, please play offline or try it later again. I now want to throw my wheel to the Xbox...

Olijke Poffer
23-07-2015, 13:15
Thanks for the reply. Although I just reinstalled the game complete after the release of patch 2.0.
I even deleted my game data on console and server. Don't want to go there again.

See vid.. This really sucks so to say.

http://youtu.be/kENoZT5oltQ

oscarolim
23-07-2015, 13:25
Is this possible on xbox one?

Project CARS – PS4 Patch 2.0 – Release Notes
Controls
* Enable support for USB keyboards to be used for in-game controls.

Maybe soon. There's a few tweets going around that keyboard and mouse support will come to the xbox.

baz00ka
23-07-2015, 13:31
seen a similar problem but in a different menu. it was in garage tuning menu for one of car settings menus but cant recall which one now. it just wont show all options tho there were more for sure. i think what i did was reset tune to default, save for all tracks, killed the game from dashboard and never seen that again. i havent seen the problem you have but then i tend to stay on one track for long time then move on to another one so i tend to save all setups globally for all tracks.

Thanks for the reply. Although I just reinstalled the game complete after the release of patch 2.0.
I even deleted my game data on console and server. Don't want to go there again.

MrLiister
23-07-2015, 13:51
When i game i use every button on controller and every key on a keyboard does something, thats on a pc, would love this option on xbox 1, you would use keyboard for stuff like seat height, seat back forward etc

Couldn't agree more, the keyboard does work now with 2.0 but it only does what you can already do with the controller/wheel's buttons so are still limited. I also would love to be able to assign all options to the keyboard to use during the race.

Olijke Poffer
23-07-2015, 13:53
seen a similar problem but in a different menu. it was in garage tuning menu for one of car settings menus but cant recall which one now. it just wont show all options tho there were more for sure. i think what i did was reset tune to default, save for all tracks, killed the game from dashboard and never seen that again. i havent seen the problem you have but then i tend to stay on one track for long time then move on to another one so i tend to save all setups globally for all tracks.

Hmm no luck with save default for all tracks. I'll reinstall again and hope it will help to fix the nasty error.
This will be the 3rd time I need to reinstall. The fun of play Pcars is below zero atm. I just want to be able to save my setups etc..

baz00ka
23-07-2015, 14:15
yeah i know sux to reinstall especially if you dont know if its gonna solve the problem or not, only did it once so far and it took ages like more than 12 hours for me probably bc my internet connection isnt that great. what you gonna do, its the only game in town on xbox right now and while i will be checking out Forza 6 when it lands something tells me its likely to be another arcady style iteration. this game definitely skipped its QA cycle or just couldnt deal with it to meet its release deadlines but i just try to find niche gameplay areas that are relatively bug/glitch free and enjoy that hoping the vast majority of issues would get addressed eventually with upcoming patches.

Hmm no luck with save default for all tracks. I'll reinstall again and hope it will help to fix the nasty error.
This will be the 3rd time I need to reinstall. The fun of play Pcars is below zero atm. I just want to be able to save my setups etc..

nissan4ever
23-07-2015, 14:21

Patch 3.0 on consoles will fix that. Couple weeks out. Looks like fix was on Patch 2.5 for PC.

Olijke Poffer
23-07-2015, 14:28
Ah. Nice to read. Let's hope it will fix my problems with saving as well. Atm I'm installing the game again. Although it is a lengthy process.

Bavarian Turbo
23-07-2015, 15:19

http://youtu.be/kENoZT5oltQ

I have the same problem here. I will now delete my profile and hope that it goes again.
Another suggestion would be that the savegame over 500 MB in size, so there are apparently also problems. But since I'm really far away

Olijke Poffer
23-07-2015, 15:40
That sucks indeed. I don't want to delete my profile again. The setup of FFB, sound, view settings etc. Don't want to go through that again. Would be the 3rd time.. :livid:

Olijke Poffer
23-07-2015, 19:35
Well re-installed the game recovered the profile and guess what...... Still not able to save the setup. I still see the red triangles in the saved setup menu and I can save what I want, it won't be stored anymore. Do I really have to delete my profile again complete and start all over... This is getting very annoying......
Don't get me wrong, I love the game but this is really not funny anymore...

Roger Prynne
23-07-2015, 22:44
The red triangles are supposed to be saying that you have already saved a setup to this location and are you sure you want to overwrite it.

The best way I find is to make a base setup and save to all tracks, then when in the pit box at a track, make your changes and save, it will then be saved for just that track.

BlueFin175
23-07-2015, 23:58
The best way I find is to make a base setup and save to all tracks, then when in the pit box at a track, make your changes and save, it will then be saved for just that track.

Roger that is the same way that I used to be able to do it as well, however that no longer works post 2.0 I am afraid. Even having created a base setup for pretty much all cars, when in career, there is no setup available in the garage for either practice nor qualifying.

Even in Free Practice is has a bug as well, as the setup only seems to save for certain tracks now. Loading a setup from a different track works, but again saving it in My Garage no longer works for ALL tracks for some reason, for me at least, not sure if it is a global issue.

Schnizz58
24-07-2015, 03:30
* Slowed down the AI opponents in the rain when using racing tyres, to make racing against them better balanced.
This is still not right. I just ran a wet race in the Ford Focus at Sonoma and the AI were almost a minute faster than me in a 6 lap race. I was sliding all over the place and they just whizzed on by like it was a sunny day where they were.

Olijke Poffer
24-07-2015, 06:00
The red triangles are supposed to be saying that you have already saved a setup to this location and are you sure you want to overwrite it.

Ok forget my triangels.. But I still not able to save setups. I can go to my garage, setup a car save it for a track it can be saved with. (The most I can't save setups for/ on) then to race weekend, and there....... No setup, just the standard. Bit annoying to have to setup the FFB every time I want to race. Once setup if can use it the whole race, even when I go back to the pit and tweak the setup but as soon as I leave the race, the setup is lost... :culpability:

Yesterday I have deleted my profile again on console and cloud. Will start fresh today. For the 3rd time. If it goes back to a non save state I'll wait on a new patch which hopefully fix this nasty bug...

Bavarian Turbo
24-07-2015, 06:11
Ok forget my triangels.. But I still not able to save setups. I can go to my garage, setup a car save it for a track it can be saved with. (The most I can't save setups for/ on) then to race weekend, and there....... No setup, just the standard. Bit annoying to have to setup the FFB every time I want to race. Once setup if can use it the whole race, even when I go back to the pit and tweak the setup but as soon as I leave the race, the setup is lost... :culpability:

Yesterday I have deleted my profile again on console and cloud. Will start fresh today. For the 3rd time. If it goes back to a non save state I'll wait on a new patch which hopefully fix this nasty bug...

Yesterday I have deleted my profile on console and cloud and the problem is solved für me.
the game I have not reinstalled. Only the modified carpack I uninstalled and then installed again, which has also made problems
Although this is not an optimal solution, but the main thing it works again all

Apoc112
24-07-2015, 06:26
Not possible yet, but phil spencer himself tweeted that they were "close to" adding KB and mouse support to the Xbox One. when they do, I would imagine we can get the expanded key assignments

Olijke Poffer
24-07-2015, 08:02
Yesterday I have deleted my profile on console and cloud and the problem is solved für me.
the game I have not reinstalled. Only the modified carpack I uninstalled and then installed again, which has also made problems
Although this is not an optimal solution, but the main thing it works again all

Yeah I did that once before as well. And it worked, but a couple of days later it was broken again....

Roger Prynne
24-07-2015, 09:16
OK guys, duly noted.... thanks for the reports.

Olijke Poffer
24-07-2015, 12:52
Better stop with this game until this bug is solved. After deleting my profile and setup all again, I could save two times a car setup before it went berserk again. Nothing will be saved anymore. I can browse the setups but all below Hockenheim GP is missing. And I can't save anymore. I have the feeling that I have to shout very loud now....
Please SMS fix this asap...

Can it be something with the location of the game and profile store place? I use an external hard drive. Although with no other game I see problems with a profile stored on the external drive..

Edit: just stopped playing until there is a solution. Every new race I have to set up the FFB.. sorry SMS but this way I loose the joy of play Pcars.. As said, I hope the new patch will bring a solution....

Olijke Poffer
25-07-2015, 05:24
Will this bug solved in patch 2.5 by the way?

BlueFin175
25-07-2015, 14:31
It's an interesting problem as the old setups that I created in My Garage and saved for all tracks are apparently still there somehow, just not visible. I loaded up my BWM M3 GT that I had created a default save for and went to Dubai GP in Free Practice, while I wasn't able to see the save in my garage nor load it, when in the garage in Free Practice, the save settings were indeed active.

Bavarian Turbo
25-07-2015, 19:40
Yeah I did that once before as well. And it worked, but a couple of days later it was broken again....

I can now confirm, unfortunately.
I do not want every day to delete my profile ...

The jackel
25-07-2015, 21:02
I have lots of framedrops when i drive at the azure circuit in career. I thought there was an performance improvement of max 17%...

Olijke Poffer
25-07-2015, 21:51
I can now confirm, unfortunately.
I do not want every day to delete my profile ...

I feel sorry for you m8....

Benja190782
26-07-2015, 21:29
Hello SMS!

Could you please change the button that Starts Up this beautiful game, from "Start/Menu" button to "A" button on Xbox One - just like the PS4 owners have their "X" button to Start Up the game.

Roger Prynne
26-07-2015, 22:02
^^^ No need to post the same thing twice mate, you have already made a thread for this.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36021-Request-SMS-please-change-the-START-UP-button-to-A

Der Ambergauer
27-07-2015, 07:14
There are thousands of bugs with higher priority than that, i think!

MP is still broken. Setupsaving is a joke!

Grüße vom Ambergauer

LordDRIFT
27-07-2015, 14:17
Patch 3.0 on consoles will fix that. Couple weeks out. Looks like fix was on Patch 2.5 for PC.

May be 3rd time the charm for this one. Tire selection does not save for me at all.

Beltoon
27-07-2015, 14:33
Let's hope so. But we're still a long way from patch 3.0... It usually takes up to a month for the patch to be released after the patch notes are posted in this forum (faster on PC & PS4). The game is getting better after each patch but there is still a lot of work to be done.

Bavarian Turbo
27-07-2015, 18:22
I still can not save setups, it's become crazy
to delete my profile solve the problem only for one day.

Are there any info what is the problem and why it only some have again and others do not?

Olijke Poffer
27-07-2015, 18:45
Perhaps it is the career which causes a glitch in the saving. I deleted my profile and started over again (third time). I now won't start the career and see if this will prevent the save bug to kick in...

Benja190782
27-07-2015, 18:58
Perhaps it is the career which causes a glitch in the saving. I deleted my profile and started over again (third time). I now won't start the career and see if this will prevent the save bug to kick in...

I can honestly tell you that I have NEVER touch the Career in PCARS - not once! From day one I have been playing practice and Quick Race - and I've never experienced the bug - infact many of the bugs has never showed up in my game!

And that's a fact! ;)

RoccoTTS
27-07-2015, 19:31
I'm in my 6th season in career mode and since patch 2.0 i've not seen the setup bug.
I've even tried to replicate the bug and can't find it.
I changed my setup on several cars and saved it to all track, saved it to only one track and in all modes the correct setups are loaded.

Ps : i never play online.

Olijke Poffer
27-07-2015, 19:33
Strange it is. I really don't know what triggers this bug..

mkstatto
28-07-2015, 12:37
This: * Fixed an issue where at times some AI drivers in a race would use much higher skill levels than the rest of the field.

I don't know whether it was supposed to be like this but here goes, had a FR career race round Donnington last night and got a poor start resulting in me being in the back. After a couple of laps I had carved my way back into 2nd and found the lead AI (Richard Haslam) to be 7 seconds ahead of the chasing pack. I am raising this here in case the above still needs tweaking as I am perfectly aware that it is possible to be that good, just some feedback.

Roger Prynne
28-07-2015, 13:10
This: * Fixed an issue where at times some AI drivers in a race would use much higher skill levels than the rest of the field.

I don't know whether it was supposed to be like this but here goes, had a FR career race round Donnington last night and got a poor start resulting in me being in the back. After a couple of laps I had carved my way back into 2nd and found the lead AI (Richard Haslam) to be 7 seconds ahead of the chasing pack. I am raising this here in case the above still needs tweaking as I am perfectly aware that it is possible to be that good, just some feedback.

But to be fair you get exactly this in real life racing as well.

Flaw3dGenius
28-07-2015, 13:15
But to be fair you get exactly this in real life racing as well.

7 second lead after just 2 laps seems a bit extreme.

Roger Prynne
28-07-2015, 13:16
Ah sorry didn't read it was only after 2 laps.
Maybe there was an accident up ahead and you didn't see it? so the lead driver got away maybe.

mkstatto
28-07-2015, 13:35
I will continue to monitor it to see if similar behavior happens again, was just providing some feedback after they have tweaked it.

Racefreak
28-07-2015, 14:55
Am i the only one still having problems were it locks me in for qualifying?

transfix
31-07-2015, 14:03
Sling Shot effect. Does anyone know if this is a known issue or is there something that can be changed to eliminate it? I notice it more on tracks like Brno and Hockenheim where the frame rate is like a sling shot where the car just pulses backward/forward. Sometimes letting go of the gas into a corner throws the car ahead making you overshoot the corner. Hope I'm explaining this correctly.

AdM1
31-07-2015, 16:32
Sling Shot effect. Does anyone know if this is a known issue or is there something that can be changed to eliminate it? I notice it more on tracks like Brno and Hockenheim where the frame rate is like a sling shot where the car just pulses backward/forward. Sometimes letting go of the gas into a corner throws the car ahead making you overshoot the corner. Hope I'm explaining this correctly.

No I understand I noticed this recently on first chicane of zolder really threw me off until I got used to it.

Mr Akina
01-08-2015, 16:22
Just did a GT3 Career race at Watkins Glen. It started heavily raining 5 laps towards the end and I was the only asshole that pitted. The AI continue to lap (presumably on slicks as it was dry prior to the rain) at identical pace to my rain laps. I finished last despite setting the fastest lap and sectors prior to the rain. I'm sure if I had stayed on dry tyres, the result would have been the same.

Im Sorry
01-08-2015, 19:28

Yip its called warping I'm sure.And it is known but unsure if it will ever be fixed.:(

Lars Rosenquist
01-08-2015, 20:46
And it is known but unsure if it will ever be fixed.:(Couldn't find it in the known issues thread in the Xbox subforum?

The Monk
04-08-2015, 01:51
Found this by: Iamcdm33.

AMD FX 8350
Asus GTX 960
8 GIGS RAM
LOGITECH DRIVING FORCE WHEEL

After trying many fixes. I think I have found the problem. I have tried many different settings in the game, computer power management,and bios settings. I can run pCars with most settings on ultra and get a pretty steady 60 FPS. The problem is with the controller.

Every time I want to play the game, I have to shut down my computer, unplug my wheel. Once the computer has booted, plug my controller back in, let it reinstall the driver, and it works without the time warping. I hope this helps others with this issue. It has been very time consuming for me, i hope there is a fix soon.

Good Luck.

AdM1
07-08-2015, 05:10
I noticed the warping quite a bit lately on azure coast.. Its been so bad I let off the throttle because it feels like I've just gained a load more power.

Only does it on occasion, can definitely mess me up mid corner though.

CopperySinger5
21-08-2015, 19:58
oops. I thought this was 3.0. sry.