PDA

View Full Version : Footy transfers & stuff

little fella
17-07-2015, 11:43
Lets talk about the beautiful game.
Build up to new season with exciting transfer news and general footy chat.
Favourite teams?
Favourite players?
Transfers?
Friendlies?

little fella
17-07-2015, 11:47
Boro signed Downing this is an amazing coup.
Six years to the day he left Middlesbrough he has returned.
Turned down alot of interest from premier league including staying at West Ham and other teams wanting him including Sunderland.Wanted a new challenge heping his home town club get promoted.
I am totally excited about this just whats needed this year for auto promotion
He led the assists last season after moving position from wing to number 10 roll which is where he will play at Boro.
Cant wait UP THE BORO.

jimmyb_84
17-07-2015, 11:52
Leicester City fan and have been for 20yrs. Great escape last season was epic.

Strange new manager jury is out no sign of any exciting transfer new just hope we can keep Cambiasso suburb player

little fella
17-07-2015, 12:10
What are your clubs best ever player?

My club Boro is JUNINHO. Ridiculous talent we like to call him the Little Fella or God.

I remember when we played Chelsea it was billed as the battle of Juninho vs Zola.Juninho made him look ordinary totally ran the show and megged zola twice to much amusement lol.
Defo one of the premier leagues greatest in my eyes up there talent wise with Bergkamp, Henry and Cantona. One of the first foreign players to come to the premier league and really improve it with skill.

jimmyb_84
17-07-2015, 12:21
Starting with Gordon Banks, Gary Lineker, Muzzy Izzet we've had quite a few might be adding Cambiasso and Jamie Vardy soon

little fella
17-07-2015, 12:25
Starting with Gordon Banks, Gary Lineker, Muzzy Izzet we've had quite a few might be adding Cambiasso and Jamie Vardy soon

As a boro fan I hated Heskey.It was his goal in the dying seconds cost us cup win.

jimmyb_84
17-07-2015, 12:28
As a boro fan I hated Heskey.It was his goal in the dying seconds cost us cup win.

I yes I remember that and Martin O'Neil was our best manager ;)

m355y
17-07-2015, 12:36
A reported 5m for a 31 year old Downing? It might work out well for Boro, but I wouldn't really call it a coup. A risk, definitely. I wouldn't really want my club to do that. Too much for him, too long a contract for his age, wages will be sky high. And I'm not sure he's a special enough signing to make it worthwhile. We'll see.

Coup of the summer for me is Marco Matias joining Sheffield Wed. 21 goals in the Portuguese top flight from the wing, and goes there. It looks like a bit of a signing that.

I'm a Leeds fan, so far our best summer for years. Some very solid signings across the team, and holding onto Byram, Cook, Mowatt and Taylor despite prem interest in all four.

little fella
17-07-2015, 14:51
Downing is very good business for a championship club.
5.5 million is a lot of money.He is probably playing better than ever in his new number 10 roll behind the strikers.
Steve Gibson definately the best chairman in the country.

m355y
17-07-2015, 15:45
Maybe. If we'd just spent 5.5m on him I don't think I'd be too impressed, granted he has lots of history at Boro which makes his signing more akin to us getting back, I dunno, someone like Snodgrass. Time will tell if it works out.

m355y
17-07-2015, 15:53
On the flipside though, Kalas and this striker from La Liga look like very good signings.

little fella
17-07-2015, 16:32
Maybe. If we'd just spent 5.5m on him I don't think I'd be too impressed, granted he has lots of history at Boro which makes his signing more akin to us getting back, I dunno, someone like Snodgrass. Time will tell if it works out.

You cannot compare Snodgrass to Downing haha.

ElectricBlues85
17-07-2015, 17:35
Liverpool fan here. Can't wait to see Firmino play in red, also think Milner is a great signing on a free.

Not so sure about Benteke. The lads mustard I'm just not sure he's the right type of player for us.

I can't wait for the new season to start - it's only 2 weeks now :)

m355y
17-07-2015, 17:48
You cannot compare Snodgrass to Downing haha.

I just mean in terms of signing an ex-player who means something to the clubs fans. Milner or Delph would have been going too far, he was the nearest I could think of.

Do think Boro will probably start as favourites this season. Thing is you can never tell with the Championship, Wigan started as one of the favourites 12 months ago, made some signings that looked amazing on paper (remember Andy Delort?), and bombed. It's a crazy league. I think we (Leeds) will be pushing for top six, there's something badly wrong if we're not. Chris Wood, Sol Bamba, Tom Adeyemi, strong signings and quite a bit of money spent.

little fella
17-07-2015, 18:14
Liverpool fan here. Can't wait to see Firmino play in red, also think Milner is a great signing on a free.

Not so sure about Benteke. The lads mustard I'm just not sure he's the right type of player for us.

I can't wait for the new season to start - it's only 2 weeks now :)
Whats your take on Sterling?

little fella
17-07-2015, 18:17
I just mean in terms of signing an ex-player who means something to the clubs fans. Milner or Delph would have been going too far, he was the nearest I could think of.

Do think Boro will probably start as favourites this season. Thing is you can never tell with the Championship, Wigan started as one of the favourites 12 months ago, made some signings that looked amazing on paper (remember Andy Delort?), and bombed. It's a crazy league. I think we (Leeds) will be pushing for top six, there's something badly wrong if we're not. Chris Wood, Sol Bamba, Tom Adeyemi, strong signings and quite a bit of money spent.

New striker we are signing from Espanyol looks very good indeed
Hasn't Ross Turnbul just signed for Leeds?

ElectricBlues85
17-07-2015, 18:58
Whats your take on Sterling?

Loads of fans are glad to see the back of the greed little ****, as they would say. I'm quietly disappointed. I'm not one to be interested in transfer fees ect, it's not as if the money ends up in my pocket - nor does it make my match tickets any cheaper! Having seen a lot of him in the flesh over the last 2 years I'm convinced he's going to be world class. His touch and close control while running at pace is Ronaldo-esque - you can't teach that. He needs to work on his finishing but that can be coached.

I loved seeing the lad develop as a player and it pains me to think I'm going to have to see him reach the next level in a sky blue shirt. Urgh.

m355y
17-07-2015, 19:05
Yeah Turnbull's in, only as backup though, Silvestri is the best keeper we've had in years. Maybe since Martyn.

The La Liga guy looks like a proper coup, he score double figures in the top flight didn't he? That said, I thought Vossen would tear the Championship apart last year too, you can never tell. Who'd have thought Darryl ****ing Murphy would get the golden boot?

little fella
17-07-2015, 19:38
Yeah Turnbull's in, only as backup though, Silvestri is the best keeper we've had in years. Maybe since Martyn.

The La Liga guy looks like a proper coup, he score double figures in the top flight didn't he? That said, I thought Vossen would tear the Championship apart last year too, you can never tell. Who'd have thought Darryl ****ing Murphy would get the golden boot?

Christian Stuani is his name Uruguay internastional from Espanyol.
He scored 12 goals in 15 appearances last sason.Looks brill on you tube but then again so did Alfonso Alves haha.

BCFCBristolRed
18-07-2015, 06:39
Lifelong Bristol City fan and season ticket holder for most of the seasons from the age of 16 (I'm 30 now!). I'm genuinely worried for the upcoming Championship season. After absolutely smashing League One last season with a small but incredibly talented group of players, we have been non existent in the transfer market this far.

As for our records against some of the teams in the Championship, we have a terrible record against Leeds so am really not looking forward to playing them. Indifferent about Boro, some we win, some we lose.

Hope you guys may be able to make a trip down to Ashton Gate (I've been to both the Riverside, in that FA cup replay in..... 2007? and Elland Road, when Kilkenny scored a beauty against you). Our stadium is undergoing some very interesting changes and is starting to look a little bit modern. Lol

m355y
18-07-2015, 10:37
Lifelong Bristol City fan and season ticket holder for most of the seasons from the age of 16 (I'm 30 now!). I'm genuinely worried for the upcoming Championship season. After absolutely smashing League One last season with a small but incredibly talented group of players, we have been non existent in the transfer market this far.

As for our records against some of the teams in the Championship, we have a terrible record against Leeds so am really not looking forward to playing them. Indifferent about Boro, some we win, some we lose.

Hope you guys may be able to make a trip down to Ashton Gate (I've been to both the Riverside, in that FA cup replay in..... 2007? and Elland Road, when Kilkenny scored a beauty against you). Our stadium is undergoing some very interesting changes and is starting to look a little bit modern. Lol

Was that where Kilkenny scored then ran (well, this is Kilkenny we're talking about so waddled) over to the directors box and gestured at Ken Bates? I liked Killa. A Champions League footballer trapped in the lumbering body of a chubby toddler.

You guys will do ok this season I think. Saw you play a couple of times last season, Aidan Flint looks like an absolute beast of a centre half.

BCFCBristolRed
18-07-2015, 10:45
Was that where Kilkenny scored then ran (well, this is Kilkenny we're talking about so waddled) over to the directors box and gestured at Ken Bates? I liked Killa. A Champions League footballer trapped in the lumbering body of a chubby toddler.

You guys will do ok this season I think. Saw you play a couple of times last season, Aidan Flint looks like an absolute beast of a centre half.

Killa did really poorly with us. Was almost non existent most games. Just standing, pointing and shouting. You're right about Aden Flint though, genuinely good centre back with an eye for goal too. 15 goals last season!!!!! Including a hat trick (& a cheeky rabona) against Walsall in the 8-2 thrashing!!

m355y
18-07-2015, 10:48
I remember Kilkenny's pointing very, very well!! He could pick a pass though.

BCFCBristolRed
18-07-2015, 11:43
I remember Kilkenny's pointing very, very well!! He could pick a pass though.

Oh he could definitely pick a pass if it was 5 yards sideways or backwards. In our relegation season, he was at fault for so many conceded goals.

I know he isn't a bad player though, by all accounts he is doing well at PNE now and was decent for Leeds too. Just came to City at a bad time for the club I guess.

jimmyb_84
18-07-2015, 13:30
Only just seen Delph has gone man city are they going to waste more young british talent? for 8m too considering Stuart Downing was 5.5m I'd consider Delph a bargain

chig88
20-07-2015, 13:30
SCHWEINSTEIGER!!!!

:)