PDA

View Full Version : Tires cold on training and qualify

XpDieto
18-07-2015, 16:31
Hi does anyone know how to warm the tires in pitstop? so when you start your practice or qualifying rounds the tires are warm (green)

When I start a round on practice or qualifying my tires are bleu and cold its hard to drive a slide over the road the other drivers (a.i.) don't seem to have this problem.

TheReaper GT
18-07-2015, 16:35
Hi does anyone know how to warm the tires in pitstop? so when you start your practice or qualifying rounds the tires are warm (green)

When I start a round on practice or qualifying my tires are bleu and cold its hard to drive a slide over the road the other drivers (a.i.) don't seem to have this problem.

You can't warm the tires on the boxes. Just push hard on the straights and brake a little earlier than your normal until they got green.

Roger Prynne
18-07-2015, 18:25
The cars that have tire warmers in FP are just like real life, and the ones that don't, well that like real life as well.

XpDieto
18-07-2015, 20:01
Okay but why is it that the a.i. has absolutely no issue? that doesn't seem right.

TheReaper GT
18-07-2015, 20:05
Okay but why is it that the a.i. has absolutely no issue? that doesn't seem right.

What do you mean? The first lap is a warming lap for everyone, doesn't count. The second lap your tires are at optimal temperature in almost all classes...

XpDieto
18-07-2015, 20:10
In warming up its almost like riding on ice. The a.i. is riding like they are in race mode.

TheReaper GT
18-07-2015, 20:11
In warming up its almost like riding on ice. The a.i. is riding like they are in race mode.

I understand that, but that lap doesnt count and when our tires are warm the AI behavior seems normal.

Pappa_Stig
18-07-2015, 23:50
Ai doesn't have temperature in their tyre model, which is why they aren't affected like the player is. As already pointed out, it doesn't negatively affect the player, as the tyres are easy enough to warm up on your outlap, and then when you're on your first timed lap, you'll have enough pace to keep up with the AI.

Flaw3dGenius
19-07-2015, 00:30
You can't warm the tires on the boxes. Just push hard on the straights and brake a little earlier than your normal until they got green.

I didnt thknk straights made the tires warmer more like cooled them down?

TheReaper GT
19-07-2015, 00:39
I didnt thknk straights made the tires warmer more like cooled them down?

It's not what I meant, if you are slow you need less brake, generating less heat on both tires and brakes, and we need both in goot temps.

Awong124
19-07-2015, 02:16
I made a thread about this in the Feature Suggestion section.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33686-Option-For-Tire-Warmers-Always

XpDieto
19-07-2015, 13:06
Ai doesn't have temperature in their tyre model, which is why they aren't affected like the player is. As already pointed out, it doesn't negatively affect the player, as the tyres are easy enough to warm up on your outlap, and then when you're on your first timed lap, you'll have enough pace to keep up with the AI.

Well thats not entirely true. I don't know about you but whet i am trying to warm the tires by swinging from side to side the ai cars run into me and i run of the track it really pissis my off.