PDA

View Full Version : F1 2015 - why did I do it!

TrevorAustin
18-07-2015, 21:31
Needed to take my lenses out tonight so decided to try F1 as I can't use my rift.

Looks pretty good, good frame rate, but literally unplayable.

I use a T500 with Fanatec pedals.

So if I choose the T500 preset I have no pedals, and nothing can be modified, if I choose the pedals that's all I get, and customer I get zero FFB and the pedals are reversed and no way of changing them.
And Project Cars got grief!

So I can't play it.

jgaganas
19-07-2015, 06:26
I had to edit the action-map-xml to get my CSP v2 working.

If you can't google it out, i will post you the settings as soon my computer is running again (i'm on tablet here).

Update:

Backup/Edit your "F1 2015/actionmaps/action_map_preset_win.xml"

Find <ActionMap actionMapName="Fanatec_USB_Pedals" section and change:

<Action actionName="Accelerate">
<Axis axisName="di_x_axis_rotation" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Brake">
<Axis axisName="di_y_axis_rotation" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />

Unplug your gamepad (!) as it interferes with pedal-deadzones and wheel-axis.

Pedals work now out of the box for me with the CSW-Preset (no deadzones).

If you're still having troubles, switch to the T500-Preset, make it "custom" and re-assign throttle and brake axis.

You also want to disable motion blur and DOF in your "hardware_settings_config.xml" (<postprocess motionBlur="false" godRays="true" depthOfField="false")

For reduced input-lag, you want to set "max prerendered frames" to 1 in your nvidia-profile.

Thats it :)

TrevorAustin
19-07-2015, 09:40
Thanks for the help.

How do i make the t500 preset custom though. If i select that one it won't let me change anything. If i could do that then edit the file as you've described it might work.

Robhd
19-07-2015, 10:25
... And you wonder why us console guys are bewildered by folks who game on PC's?

Way way too much piddling about...

jgaganas
19-07-2015, 10:57
Thanks for the help.

How do i make the t500 preset custom though. If i select that one it won't let me change anything. If i could do that then edit the file as you've described it might work.

Just select the T500-Preset and then F1 or F2 (as i remember) to make it custom/editable (sorry, sitting in the garden again, so PC is again off).

jgaganas
19-07-2015, 10:58
... And you wonder why us console guys are bewildered by folks who game on PC's?

Way way too much piddling about...

Yeah, but it's part of the fun... like customizing your car/bike :)

John Hargreaves
19-07-2015, 11:17
And Project Cars got grief!

In F1 2014 I spent a couple of hours editing ini files, trial and error just to get the seat position right. You know, the thing that you can alter in three seconds in pCars with wasd. In F1 2015 you can't do that as all the files are in some bespoke file type that can't even be unpacked (yet, hopefully). Monumental pain in the arse for such a small but brilliant feature.

little fella
19-07-2015, 11:31
I really want to buy this game but cannot bring myself to do it going off the mixed reviews.
Arghh desitions desitions.

Machinist90
19-07-2015, 11:45
I really want to buy this game but cannot bring myself to do it going off the mixed reviews.
Arghh desitions desitions.

console full yes,pc I'd avoid it

TrevorAustin
19-07-2015, 12:54
well got it working thanks to the help on here. Actually wish I hadn't bothered:) truly awful FFB and steering and spins out on full throttle in 3rd gear!

Other than the cut scenes and OK stationary graphics what a disappointment.

jgaganas
19-07-2015, 13:33
well got it working thanks to the help on here. Actually wish I hadn't bothered:) truly awful FFB and steering and spins out on full throttle in 3rd gear!

Other than the cut scenes and OK stationary graphics what a disappointment.

Give it a try, FFB is for sure not on pCARS level, but it's way better than 2013.

I'm running 400deg rotation, FFB 100, Environmental 75 and Wheel weight 60.

Pro Difficulty with TC only (on mid).

Besides the flaws, game is OK. Had some great/funny fights with Hamilton already (i'm Bottas)!

Personally, I absolutely don't mind the "streamlining" they did...

TrevorAustin
19-07-2015, 13:50
Maybe the ffb can be tuned, but i shouldn't need unrealistic tc to be able to drive at all, an f1 car doesn't spin out in a straight line, in now 4th!

And,what's happened to kers? Is it automatic now?

jgaganas
19-07-2015, 14:09
Maybe the ffb can be tuned, but i shouldn't need unrealistic tc to be able to drive at all, an f1 car doesn't spin out in a straight line, in now 4th!

And,what's happened to kers? Is it automatic now?

Yeah, hybrid power is now automatic (since 2014?), no more KERS push-to-pass (DRS only).

I'm gonna say TC on medium compensates for lacking physics/tire model ;)

TrevorAustin
19-07-2015, 14:13
Yeah, hybrid power is now automatic (since 2014?), no more KERS push-to-pass (DRS only).

I'm gonna say TC on medium compensates for lacking physics/tire model ;)

Ok, maybe I'll try that, thanks.

Kennytomson
30-07-2015, 14:03
don't buy if you like PCARS.

negative comparisons: less customization (which is huge), cartoon colors, FFB not as good...just a less realistic feel compared to Pcars. only positive is full licensed F1 track and drivers. other than that you will be disappointed when playing.

dvboy
30-07-2015, 14:11

negative comparisons: less customization (which is huge), cartoon colors, FFB not as good...just a less realistic feel compared to Pcars. only positive is full licensed F1 track and drivers. other than that you will be disappointed when playing.
I purchased it just for the heck of it,played for 5 min,probably never play again.After using Project Cars,F1 2015 is a massive step backwards.

TrevorAustin
30-07-2015, 14:25
I purchased it just for the heck of it,played for 5 min,probably never play again.After using Project Cars,F1 2015 is a massive step backwards.

Exactly my experience, took longer to get going than i played it and no rift support either.

bc525
30-07-2015, 19:28
I passed on F1 2015 ... but then I picked up Witcher 3 on Monday. Interesting open world RPG, and it's good enough to be stealing some of my gaming time away from PCARS. That's tough to do.

m355y
30-07-2015, 19:33

I'd think twice about buying Forza or Gran Turismo after Project Cars - but F1 2015 is completely, completely different. It's the official F1 game and its good this year. People seem very anti- F1 2015 on here, trying to slag it off any very opportunity. I don't get that. The two sit side by side happily on my PS4 home screen.

TrevorAustin
30-07-2015, 19:35
I passed on F1 2015 ... but then I picked up Witcher 3 on Monday. Interesting open world RPG, and it's good enough to be stealing some of my gaming time away from PCARS. That's tough to do.

I got witcher 2 when I started back into PC gaming, but modern games like that just leave me cold, I spent more time watching cut scenes than doing anything, then going through preset routines, just couldn't get any buzz from it. Although Tomb Raider in chase cam was quite pleasant:)