PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS Tops PC Gamers „Best Racing Games On PC“ List

Rob Prange
19-07-2015, 18:25
The experts over at PC Gamer have spoken and their verdict is loud and clear: Project CARS is the best racing experience PC gamers can get!

The WMD-powered title tops the magazine’s brand new „Best PC Racing Games“ list, leaving the competition in the dust!

For more, check out the full story on the Project CARS website:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/-project-cars-tops-pc-gamers-best-racing-games-on-pc-list

mister dog
19-07-2015, 18:29
Well deserved. If i would have to take one racing game to a deserted island i would pick it too. Hope that island has electricity then or i'm screwed :)

Dyemonic
19-07-2015, 18:41
"...most importantly, it is always an amazing drive."

...when it works. And when it works it is great.

Slaughter
19-07-2015, 19:21
All it needs now is drag racing, autocross, and drifting. It will be the best racing game on the planet.

tyl3r99
19-07-2015, 19:38
no it just needs more variety of racing cars such as more GT series and BTCC vice versa

TMoney
19-07-2015, 19:46
Very nice! I was scared to click to number 2 since I knew only pCARS and AC were left. Well, they got it right! Same way I would rate them. :D

TrevorAustin
19-07-2015, 19:56
They don't NEED anything more, just gradual improving and development, then blow it out of the water with p cars 2.

TMoney
19-07-2015, 19:59
Typo Alert!

EDIT: Damn Rob you're fast!

Gobymage
19-07-2015, 23:38
Yep... But the commentaries in the review are very interesting...

They say "Project cars is not the greatest racing game ever made" and "Assetto Corsa might be the finest driving simulator in the world right now" !!!!

There are a lot of reviews about racing games and are often different.

Why to be proud of this article when you could find a lot of reviews where Project cars is NOT 1st ? ? ?

So, for me, it means that this type of review has not any interest in a thread in News & Annoucements.

The only thing is important, it is what you can find in a game considering your own interest.

dbo35
20-07-2015, 02:04
All it needs now is drag racing, autocross, and drifting. It will be the best racing game on the planet.

It already is the best racing game on the planet.

Drag, autocross, and drifting would make buying another racing game a waste of money.

Caveat being rally and bike racing... along with any other form of racing not covered above.

Dmitry Afanasyev
20-07-2015, 10:38
Pretty obvious statement :)

nissan4ever
20-07-2015, 11:08
That's great to hear. I feel the exact same way about this game on consoles as well.

JoeDogs
20-07-2015, 12:16
PCCars is good. But that good, no- sorry. The best PC game is rFactor and rFactor 2. Maby PCCars 2. maby..?

Alan Dallas
20-07-2015, 18:57
PCCars is good. But that good, no- sorry. The best PC game is rFactor and rFactor 2. Maby PCCars 2. maby..?

Maybe*

And the rFactor Racing games out of the box don't have a real Single player element to them. rFactor2 is just simulation software at this point. One of the major reasons it was ranked so low as a PC Racing Game.

Gobymage
21-07-2015, 19:06
Maybe*

And the rFactor Racing games out of the box don't have a real Single player element to them. rFactor2 is just simulation software at this point. One of the major reasons it was ranked so low as a PC Racing Game.

Yes, you are right because it is only the rank about "PC Racing Game" and not "PC Racing Simulator".

LogRoad
21-07-2015, 23:19
Some of the racing games on the writer's list of the 15 best are racing sims and some are arcade racers. The writer's opinion is that pCARS is the best on the list, the one he would want if he could have only one racing game. And the rest, including the other sims, didn't make the cut.

Gobymage
22-07-2015, 09:23
Yes, each ranking is depending of which criteria you are judging.
So, I agree to say that Project Cars has the best compromise regarding a lot of criteria as graphics, cars, tracks, fun, physics, FFB, online, IA...
But, if your favourite criteria is modding or simulation (as example), Project Cars would not be the first.

hoodi4cars
05-08-2015, 08:53
The experts over at PC Gamer
*cough* ;) Mainstream gaming magazines are far from "experts" when it comes to sim racing. Having said that, I'm glad they happened to rank pCARS #1, I agree with that verdict.

Beltoon
05-08-2015, 11:05
Great job guys. Now it's up to you to get this game of the bottom of the list on consoles!

moving-target
05-08-2015, 13:09

Well, PCars made me fall in love with GTR2 again. Once you experienced the limited possibilities of PCARS, you REALLY treasure the mature sims like GTR2, NR2003 or rFactor...
No scripted/fixed weather conditions in career, REAL damage when you crash, replays that let you watch every car, no AI running into you, penalty weight, Ferraris, Porsches, Nissans... could go on for hours but have to play GTR2 now...

;-)

nikbra
05-08-2015, 13:44
It is a really good game, drive wise. Also maybe could be a good simulator. But I lacks good multiplayer support (Xbox one) and good rating systems.
There iRacing is a lot better. But to try different cars and tracks to "hot lap" it is good and graphics are amazing.

hoodi4cars
05-08-2015, 16:03
You will never beat iRacing when it comes to public multiplayer, unless you make it a likewise subscription based service. They can afford the though game design with the strict rating system etc, because they don't need the casual players as customers. The "hardcore niche" finances iRacing. But pCARS needs to cater the casuals too to be financially lucrative. For serious racing, you have to go private servers. It's like that with any sim except iRacing as far as I have experienced.

Personally, I don't care about that. For me, pCARS is all about TT. The great driving physics and FFB, and the huge amount of brilliant cars and especially tracks, I know it will entertain me for the next few years. I don't even need anything else, they could as well have sold me the game just with the TT mode. Just waiting for the new track cutting rules and leaderboard wipe, then I'll go totally nuts on pCARS! :D

Gravit8
06-08-2015, 01:09
You will never beat iRacing when it comes to public multiplayer, unless you make it a likewise subscription based service. They can afford the though game design with the strict rating system etc, because they don't need the casual players as customers. The "hardcore niche" finances iRacing. But pCARS needs to cater the casuals too to be financially lucrative. For serious racing, you have to go private servers. It's like that with any sim except iRacing as far as I have experienced.

Personally, I don't care about that. For me, pCARS is all about TT. The great driving physics and FFB, and the huge amount of brilliant cars and especially tracks, I know it will entertain me for the next few years. I don't even need anything else, they could as well have sold me the game just with the TT mode. Just waiting for the new track cutting rules and leaderboard wipe, then I'll go totally nuts on pCARS! :D

^^^. Yup yup on Iracing.
Clearly was not considered due to being subscription based. King of sims. No contest.
Maybe I could get a free steam copy to replace my ps4 copy? I'd take that trade at this point. Maybe I could swap it for a copy of Asseto Cirsa since I have an AMD card and can't play project cars on PC either. ;)
Or I'll just wait for a steam sale. Or the next run of console sim racers next cycle.
I really want a next gen sim that plays well.

hophans
06-08-2015, 17:09
there are many reviews out there. The danish version from computerworld looks like this:
computerworld.dk (http://www.computerworld.dk/art/234420/project-cars-en-digital-hyldest-til-motorsport)

6 of 6

Jake Fangio
06-08-2015, 20:19
Shift 2 at number 5:confused:.Sorry I can't take that poll seriously.

Jake Fangio
06-08-2015, 20:28
I got to say this and i'm sorry.I really enjoy pcars for what it is,it looks great sounds great and it has some wonderful cars and tracks in it.But if I want to feel what a car is doing,then I play Stock Car Extreme or Rfactor2.But I still love pcars for what it is.

UPDATE
I'm on my hands and knees in a submissive position,I spoke too soon earlier,and have now got a different take on things.I've started using Jack Spades files today,and I must say they have transformed the way the cars feel and handle.So I apologies completely for the post above,I should of tried these files a long time ago.

AB_Attack
11-08-2015, 13:42

I remember a game, I think it was a NFS like twenty years ago had street drag racing in it. It was very educational as I learned how important it was to get shifts just right for maximum acceleration. It gave you feedback on the shifts like "too early" or "perfect".

Bealdor
11-08-2015, 14:04
I remember a game, I think it was a NFS like twenty years ago had street drag racing in it. It was very educational as I learned how important it was to get shifts just right for maximum acceleration. It gave you feedback on the shifts like "too early" or "perfect".

NFSU 2

(That's far from 20 years ago though ;))

AB_Attack
11-08-2015, 14:05
Well, PCars made me fall in love with GTR2 again. Once you experienced the limited possibilities of PCARS, you REALLY treasure the mature sims like GTR2, NR2003 or rFactor...
No scripted/fixed weather conditions in career, REAL damage when you crash, replays that let you watch every car, no AI running into you, penalty weight, Ferraris, Porsches, Nissans... could go on for hours but have to play GTR2 now...

;-)
It's a great game for sure. I remember that tracks got faster the more rubber went into it and therefore trying to time a late fast qualify lap was meaningful. The ambiance was so good too. And complete telemetry.

Graphics goes a long way though and Project Cars has some insane good looking cars, it's hard to go back. And the Formula A is super exciting to drive. But I probably love modern DTM the most that combines the Lovely touring cars with formula stability and downforce. I only wish there were more cars in that class and that it had liveries like the gorgeous RUF GT3 liveries. Hopefully that is upcoming. Race Series (07, On, STCC e t c) has cool DTM otherwise. Might reinstall that.

mister dog
11-08-2015, 16:24
I think it would be better to start comparing PCARS to its competition a year after release. The game is continuously improved through patches, so it's not fair to compare it to what has been out there for years yet. Things like the online rep system and hosts being able to kick disruptive players will be a major impovement for online, and other sought after features for offline will come along too.

If this trend continues, PCARS has a good shot to be the best/most complete racing game ever.

fahadj2003
17-09-2015, 02:03

no drag racing or drifting is the reason why i love this game >.>
seriously, wheres the skill in drag racing? drifting still makes slight sense.

ps. only thing it lacks is the gtr. and them being more specific about controller settings.. showing the sensitivty curve would be nice. and 50% to be the most gradual would be better. and fixing tthe stuttering issues..

another thing, am i the only one who feels that the crash physics isnt realistic enough? cars seem to never flip or anything even at crashes at great speeds.. like someone try flipping a p1 on le mans at 300 or anything.. i dunno if its jus me (i never crashed my car that hard to know)

rocafella1978
17-09-2015, 22:34
also that DTM vehicle in the screenshots non existant...at least in my copies PC and PS4...otherwise pCARS really has the potential to be the best sim racing game out there. PC experience is night and day better than console version!

kemo
19-09-2015, 15:33
This list was extremely subjective. How it beat iRacing on their list is beyond me since game breaking issues are addressed almost immediately with iRacing (vs being pushed off to whenever they plan the next patch). Interesting, I guess. Would be more interested in seeing a list exclusive to racing simulators rather than just games. Something tells me the person compiling the list isn't a big sim guy (after seeing so many arcade racers end so high on the list).

Mahjik
19-09-2015, 16:31
How it beat iRacing on their list is beyond me since game breaking issues are addressed almost immediately with iRacing (vs being pushed off to whenever they plan the next patch).

You obviously haven't been part of iRacing that long. It took them months to deal with landmine issues. Not to mention how long it goes between tire model updates... You might not have noticed some of the issues, but they were not any faster fixing issues than any other developer in the market today. They have their release schedules as well and typically will not do any major updates while in the middle of a "season". The Acura LMP is a great example of that.. When it was introduced, it handled like anything but a proper prototype. They did not change it until the first season was over (and I know, I ran it the first season).

Remove the blinders..

Racer Pro
20-09-2015, 15:58
also that DTM vehicle in the screenshots non existant...at least in my copies PC and PS4...otherwise pCARS really has the potential to be the best sim racing game out there. PC experience is night and day better than console version!

night and day lol pc and ps4 version its realy close stop with your pc snob.