PDA

View Full Version : Australian Club Event - Thursday 23 July 2015.

spidey11
19-07-2015, 22:46
This thread is for the Thursday race event - semi enduro

Another thread will be created for the Wednesday race event - 2x races, 1 reverse grid.

Thursday race:
Imola.

Race time:
Thursday 23 July. AEST of 9pm (2100hrs) lobby will then start with 15 minute qualifying.

Car class:
Formula Golf.

Race:
Semi endurance race. Depending on the track chosen the laps will be around 30 unless majority of people want less or more. one mandatory pit stop however you a free to pit as many times as you like/need. The tyre wear will be either 2x or 4x ( I think 6x would be too much but we will see from Wednesday's race).

All driving assists allowed, if you don't use them you do t have to, but I'm not forcing the people who need them or like them to go without.

Woffu
19-07-2015, 22:59
Is there any chance the event can be one Wednesday or Friday? Thursday is the only night I can't make. If not that's ok I'm happy just racing with you lads.

jason
19-07-2015, 23:31
Count me in , I don't see why we cant change bud .... as long as everyone is good with it .

Woffu
19-07-2015, 23:58
Don't worry about changing it spidey I'll just wait till I can make it
Unless it's cool with everyone else

farmerboy
20-07-2015, 00:59
Definitely in on this one. By then my frustration will have died down and I'll be right to play.

Anyhow, you are all too good too finish last, so I'll make that my job. Glad I can help:D

ChrisK
20-07-2015, 01:15
I'd suggest we go tyre wear x3. It will open up a few more mistakes.

jason
20-07-2015, 01:18
Sounds good to me Chris , need to spice things up a little .

Maybe test it tonight if we have enough on.

spidey11
20-07-2015, 03:12
Post deleted. Wrong info.

jason
20-07-2015, 03:58
Wednesday night Wednesday night Wednesday night

2100hrs start for quali and same race formula with 2nd race reverse grid

Green green Green

NicoHulkenberg27
20-07-2015, 04:21
you guys race with the real assists? right?

Woffu
20-07-2015, 04:24
Wednesday night Wednesday night Wednesday night

2100hrs start for quali and same race formula with 2nd race reverse grid
Thanks heaps spidey and everyone else for the change. I really appreciate it ;)

jason
20-07-2015, 04:32
you guys race with the real assists? right?

You can race with what you like bud , A lot of us do but we do not force it.

buggie_brain
20-07-2015, 04:38
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works boys but I can't do Wednesday's.

spidey11
20-07-2015, 05:40
I'm keen for a Wednesday night AND Thursday night race :)

buggie_brain
20-07-2015, 06:10
I'm keen for a Wednesday night AND Thursday night race :)

Lock it in Eddie.

I may be able to make Wednesday's but I can't be certain. It depends on what time I get home. I usually get home at about 9:00pm so it will be touch and go.

spidey11
20-07-2015, 06:22
I've had a great idea (to me anyway). Let's have the normal two race event Wednesday, then on Thursday we have a special event like a semi enduro (only talking bout 20-30) depending on car class, multi class race, or something really different for a change up :)

farmerboy
20-07-2015, 07:55
Ooops, Wed no good. Still good for thurs though if you all do something.

Either way, just happy to race with you boys when you're on. The "events" might not be a regular thing for me if you move to a Wed.

Can be hard to get everyone together, may I suggest alternating nights, might give everyone a chance to participate in an event at least once a fortnight. Just a suggestion, feel free to do what you want :D

EMScooter
20-07-2015, 08:24
Are we choosing any gt4 car or being assigned a specific one?

spidey11
20-07-2015, 09:00
I think we'll open it up you choosing your own gt4 car as ppl may preference one over another. Should add a difference in some cars faster on the straights and others thru the corners.
Are all gt4's roughly equal? Or is there a vehicle that's too good for the rest of the class?

What do u guys wanna run on Thursday?

buggie_brain
20-07-2015, 11:48
Enduro sounds good. Just finished a 44 lap race with some other Aussie group in the g40 and it was good fun.

Count me in on Thursday spidey but for Wednesday if I am going to make I will Send you a message on psn, if there is room of course.

ChrisK
20-07-2015, 12:09
I think we'll open it up you choosing your own gt4 car as ppl may preference one over another. Should add a difference in some cars faster on the straights and others thru the corners.
Are all gt4's roughly equal? Or is there a vehicle that's too good for the rest of the class?

What do u guys wanna run on Thursday?

I agree. We should all be able to choose a gt4.

NicoHulkenberg27
20-07-2015, 13:13
how many laps and which track?
i will be the last one as i forgot how to drive a gt4 car

jason
20-07-2015, 21:43
I am more then happy to step aside for Thursday night to give some one else a run if needed . Let me know .

spidey11
21-07-2015, 00:36
Hi everyone, see first post :)

Two threads for the different race events.

farmerboy
21-07-2015, 11:49
Count me in for thurs, wed night set aside for boys night.

Also appreciate you all being pretty patient with me as I'm pretty green when it comes to this game. Enjoying it very much (though getting quite frustrated at times), thanks a heap fellas.

spidey11
21-07-2015, 13:00
Not a worry in the world farmerboy ��

IronMask75
21-07-2015, 21:20
I'll try to make this one too. :)

Furters
21-07-2015, 21:36
I'll be keen.

jason
21-07-2015, 21:47
formula golf for Thursday , nice handling evenly paced ? medium length track.

farmerboy
21-07-2015, 23:52
For what its worth, I'll second this suggestion. I find the formula golfs pretty fun.

spidey11
22-07-2015, 07:03
We can do the formula gulfs :) that's three of us already so unless others absolutely hate them, we can run them and hope everyone remembers it's not a sprint race on Thursday

skoader
22-07-2015, 11:05
Hey fellas. If you have enough room I'd like to join in.

PSN is skoader76

spidey11
22-07-2015, 13:12

PSN is skoader76

I think there's plenty of room skoader76, send me a friend request and see you Thursday night :)

Let's run Formula Golf.

NicoHulkenberg27
22-07-2015, 13:14
Semi endurance race
i doubt if i can last that long
need to consider b4 joining this race lol

spidey11
23-07-2015, 00:51
so 30laps of the race will last around 1hr?

I never did the math but what do people think? They call it an endurance race for a reason :)
I'm happy with the 30 laps but also happy to hear from the rest of you.
We tend to do over an hour of racing each night anyways but it's just with mix of different tracks and cars.

See you tonight hkraft :)

Furters
23-07-2015, 01:47
30 laps is fine with me. 6x tyre wear might be a bit high for that length race though

jason
23-07-2015, 02:32
30 laps fine with me 2 bud , maybe a little too much for some ?

jason
23-07-2015, 02:39

PSN is skoader76

add me bud

spidey11
23-07-2015, 02:53
Is the tyre wear relevant to the laps run, as in x6 in 5 lap race ur tyres go on lap 4 where as a 30 lap race the tyres equal out to last the same percentages of laps?

Because it's a long race how bout 4 or 5x tyre wear?

jason
23-07-2015, 03:33
That's a good question , or is it also Relative to time say x 4 time sped up. hell knows , we would if there was a manual with the game .

buggie_brain
23-07-2015, 04:42
There's only one way to find out boys

jason
23-07-2015, 04:55
There's only one way to find out boys

How :rolleyes: I can see where this is going .....

buggie_brain
23-07-2015, 05:11
Haha. Let's just do it and we'll know for next time. It might go pear shaped but it might not.;)

jason
23-07-2015, 05:26
yep , I'm ok with that buggie.

hkraft300
23-07-2015, 09:44
Is the tyre wear relevant to the laps run, as in x6 in 5 lap race ur tyres go on lap 4 where as a 30 lap race the tyres equal out to last the same percentages of laps?

Because it's a long race how bout 4 or 5x tyre wear?

Don't think so.
If a tire normally lasts 50 laps, then at 2x tire wear, the tire will only last 25.
It's not dependent on how many laps the race is but the actual tire wear rate.

Time acceleration only affects day/night time. Maybe weather too.

NicoHulkenberg27
23-07-2015, 10:41
this will be my first endurance race :)

NicoHulkenberg27
23-07-2015, 12:00
first of all i need to apologize that i couldn't move in the start of race, dont know why ....
second, disappointed that had a big crash with ENGonzo
i overtook him
but suddenly my car flip over
maybe his left wheel had contact with me
i dontknow
and i thought it should be a racing incident

btw some people left during the race

cant wait to race with you guys in the next event

Furters
23-07-2015, 20:39
I had to leave after I was destroyed twice in the first lap, not necessarily on purpose or anything, but that put me waaaay back, coupled with a few b.s. Cut track penalties, it wasn't worth staying up until almost 1 am to get lapped twice with no hope of recovering. I think I'll pass on open wheeler race events for now

EMScooter
23-07-2015, 23:46
The bugs in the game are ruining it. Especially when you try to race for an hour and random bugs happen, and then you get excessive penalties for running wide etc you all know what I am talking about.

Last night I was having a blast. I am not fast, but usually consistent and I can look after tyres. I pitted in lap 18 or 19 last night. I was in the running for a podium in 4th spot on new tyres following Ironmask in the back section of the track after the chicane. Suddenly it was like I hit a brick wall without warning, there were no visual cues, not anything. The front end of the car was gone, the engine cover gone ...... race gone. I was 20 seconds in front of the person who eventually finished third with about 6 or 7 laps to go. Needless to say smoke was coming out of my ears and the tv was lucky not to get something thrown at it. Especially considering I am usually in the bottom third of the results, I thought I had managed the race really well and then bang!!!!

I do not lay the blame on any person, it was just a bug, but it is frustrating. I am loving racing with you guys and am learning stuff all the time.

Anyhow, what is in store for next week?

ChrisK
24-07-2015, 00:02
Couple of thoughts...

Should we consider running with penalties off ? I'm not a fan of that idea but I wonder if it's the lesser of 2 evils. I'm surprised no one has copped the pit in penalty bug off the start line.
Should we consider enabling mechanical failures ?

jason
24-07-2015, 00:11
I wouldn't like to see penalties off .........................Just me but its up to you guys , I can see it getting a little out of hand with corner cutting .

Mechanical failures..... maybe ..........

Myself I need pit practice :) (dumb ass I am )
I would like us to get to a point where we have everything on including damage , I just don't think we are at that point yet ..........Tyre ware is new to me :) I like it but its still new.

As for bugs and problems , we are learning as we go guys ......... I have said it before , in every race we have something is going to happen to someone ( bug related rubbish) ... I'ts going to happen ....unavoidable :( with the way the game is .

Its unfortunate and it sucks big time when you invest time but we all know they are there .

ChrisK
24-07-2015, 00:26
Mechanical failures, if you run in cockpit view, is easy to manage cos you can see temps. If you don't run in cockpit view then it's going to be impossible and just plain frustrating. So I'm happy to leave that for the time being.

Furters
24-07-2015, 00:47
Maybe we could trial penalties off with smaller groups that we race with during the week and see how that goes before doing a full event?

farmerboy
24-07-2015, 02:49
Was talking with buggie just before. We think mechanical failures are probably the next thing we should introduce when we're ready. For example buggie went 18 laps with one set of tires that wouldn't have lasted if mech failures were on.

I reckon leave the penalties in.

jason
24-07-2015, 03:03
Was talking with buggie just before. We think mechanical failures are probably the next thing we should introduce when we're ready. For example buggie went 18 laps with one set of tires that wouldn't have lasted if mech failures were on.

I reckon leave the penalties in.

Why would they not last if mechanical failure was on? I thought tyre ware and mechanical failure were completely separate ?

hkraft300
24-07-2015, 03:20
Meh I trust the team enough to run penalties off
+1 mechanical failure for the next event

Tire wear I think is separate to mech failures, far as I've seen. Maybe it's affected more by brake temps with mech failure?

ChrisK
24-07-2015, 03:26
I thought tyre ware and mechanical failure were completely separate ?

That is correct. They are totally separate models.

farmerboy
24-07-2015, 05:45
Ok cool, we just assumed they were all covered by the same option.

Wow, 18 laps at x6 tire wear. Anyone else here reckon that's almost a miracle? Am I correct in thinking that's 108 laps of regular wear?

NicoHulkenberg27
24-07-2015, 06:05
+1 for penalties off and mechanical failure
now i think i love sprint race more than endurance race lol

jason
24-07-2015, 06:17

Wow, 18 laps at x6 tire wear. Anyone else here reckon that's almost a miracle? Am I correct in thinking that's 108 laps of regular wear?

hmmmmm interesting . question does the time e.g 4 x time come into play ?.... This is like force feed back the more I look at it the more confused I am :)

ChrisK
24-07-2015, 06:40

The way I interpret it is if a set of tyres normally lasts 50 laps then 6x tyre wear means that you will only get around 8-9 laps, (50/6), before the tyres start to go off. If you think about the gt4 race we had that's pretty much bang on.

But yeah, 18 laps is a lot on x6. Either really gentle on tyres, the cars don't have a lot of tyre wear on low fuel, or the most unlikely answer given the pristinely stable state of the game...it's a bug.

buggie_brain
24-07-2015, 07:20
On that 19 lap stint last night by about lap 14 or 15 the tyres were absolutely buggered! Wheel was shaking in my hands with any speed above 3rd gear and i couldnt even look at the brakes. it was much, much slower but i had enough of a gap to just cruise around and finish the race.
Now i think (but i am not certain and i will try and find out) that if mechanical failures was on that brake lockups will cause damage to the tyres (flat spots or increased wear) and over use of the same set of tyres will eventually cause a blowout. And without mechanical failures i was able to keep circulating to finish the race where otherwise i would have been forced to pit with a blowout ect...

I dont know if this is correct but i do remember reading something somewhere, im gonna find out.

As for penalties i really think it needs to stay on. I know some of the penalties are harsh but once you know the boundaries you know where you can and cant drive. I also think it forces you to concentrate more so you dont make those mistakes or it makes you think twice before you stick the nose of the car where it shouldnt go. :p

hkraft300
24-07-2015, 07:35
Mech failures may introduce blow outs but as far as time accel I don't think it affects wear rate. Comes down to setup and more importantly driver's tire management (19 lap stint @ 6x wear = serious TLC! Well done buggie)
Brake lock ups and wheel spin ruined rears, being too aggressive on the throttle with no LSD. At 6x I couldn't keep my car drive able (bad setup + harsh driving) for more than 4-5 laps.