PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer freezing

the-stig
20-07-2015, 13:21
Why does the multiplayer racers keep freezing when someone joins or leaves your lobby this needs to be fixed as it makes multiplayer unplayable

Ian Bell
20-07-2015, 13:23
Why does the multiplayer racers keep freezing when someone joins or leaves your lobby

It's a join in progress freeze and it's extremely difficult to code out entirely as we have so much variety in the game. Each user needs to load the car joining.

That's not to say we aren't working to try to improve it.

Umer Ahmad
20-07-2015, 13:33
Why does the multiplayer racers keep freezing when someone joins or leaves your lobby this needs to be fixed as it makes multiplayer unplayable

Bullshit it makes Multiplayer "unplayable". Multiayer is VERY "playable", thousands of people are successfully racing MP now on PC, PS4 and now even XB1 since patch 2.0

Yes it (the JIP freeze) is an annoyance but i have personally raced many MP sessions since launch and even some league races and it is not a "race-ending" or otherwise "unplayable" problem.

Some act as if your machines and TVs catch fire when someone joins an MP race.

Umer Ahmad
20-07-2015, 13:41
I'll go as far to say that there are NO bugs that make the game "unplayable" on the PC version. Both the MP and SP modes have zero "unplayable" bugs now.

There do exist some annoying/frustrating bugs (my vote is the locked drive and locked bumper cam bugs, which may very well be fixed on the next patch per Mike Laskey). Also i am aware of the Setup and Pit Strategy issues but personally i have nver encountered them as i usually just do a "save-all-tracks" for my setups and i am quite deliberate about what happens during pitting (meaning i dont use strategies much and never use Auto-tyre selection).

chig88
20-07-2015, 13:45

Total nonsense.

It freezes for a fraction of a second - hardly a game braking bug. I'd go as far as to say I wouldn't even be bothered if this was fixed or not if time can be spent making small improvments in other areas.

GenBrien
20-07-2015, 13:50
and it's only freezing in practice/qualification as people cant join while the main race is going....

Jakob
20-07-2015, 14:38
and it's only freezing in practice/qualification as people cant join while the main race is going....

Not for me, I still get the screen freeze up during races, it's only for a fraction of a second, it's a bit frustrating, especially if you're in a pack of 3 or 4 cars, that freezing can easily ruin a good battle.

Ian Bell
20-07-2015, 15:09
Not for me, I still get the screen freeze up during races, it's only for a fraction of a second, it's a bit frustrating, especially if you're in a pack of 3 or 4 cars, that freezing can easily ruin a good battle.

I suspect that's more of a 'new core being used' issue than MP. There are ways to mitigate this posted in the forum.

diesel97
20-07-2015, 15:50
I suspect that's more of a 'new core being used' issue than MP. There are ways to mitigate this posted in the forum.

I thought the new core was for the XBOX not PS4 ?

the-stig
20-07-2015, 17:08
Bullshit it makes Multiplayer "unplayable". Multiayer is VERY "playable", thousands of people are successfully racing MP now on PC, PS4 and now even XB1 since patch 2.0

Yes it (the JIP freeze) is an annoyance but i have personally raced many MP sessions since launch and even some league races and it is not a "race-ending" or otherwise "unplayable" problem.

Some act as if your machines and TVs catch fire when someone joins an MP race.
So when you go round a corner and it freezers and then your off track I don't call playerable

Ian Bell
20-07-2015, 17:10
I thought the new core was for the XBOX not PS4 ?

It was sorry, that's me using new posts again.

Jakob
20-07-2015, 17:19

Not sure what you mean, I'm assuming it's something to do with the most recent patch for PS4? I've never had this happen in career/TT/free practice, only online.

flatspunout
20-07-2015, 17:59
I've had the issue during qualifying in a private lobby with no one leaving or joining. Very disorienting approaching Les Combes at 280 kph.

the-stig
20-07-2015, 18:20
This bug needs to be sorted out and should be on top of the list for it to be fixed

MrFlibble81
20-07-2015, 20:29
This bug needs to be sorted out and should be on top of the list for it to be fixed

I wouldn't say it needs to be "top of the list". It's not that bad! It's made me miss a braking point maybe once but even that didn't ruin my race so it's not a big deal.

It can be annoying yes, but it's not a big deal.

the-stig
20-07-2015, 21:16
I've lost so many qualifying laps because of this

Umer Ahmad
20-07-2015, 21:47
And i have lost zero races because of this.

Sorry, you do not have the evidence to back up your top-of-the-list categorization of this problem. We've all experienced it and it is not race-ending for the majority of us (see above posts). You are in a small-but-vocal minority group who believes it is a show stopper.

the-stig
21-07-2015, 07:47
It still needs to be sorted out soon it makes the game unplayable for me as I can't qualifie sometimes because of it

the-stig
21-07-2015, 07:51
Not my video but this is what's happening
https://youtu.be/J3wTAUFaers

ChrisK
21-07-2015, 07:57
It's annoying but not a game breaker. And for me it's only in quali as people enter/exit. If it were happening in races then I would certainly agree with you.

ChrisK
21-07-2015, 07:59

I've not seen that before in a race and I don't play offline. That would be very frustrating if it were happening to me.

madmax2069
21-07-2015, 08:21

I haven't seen that offline, ive only seen it during online practice/qualifying but happens a lot more frequently.

the-stig
21-07-2015, 11:42
My video from today watch it all if any one says this is supposed to be happening then you need to go to specsavers
https://youtu.be/LhTEDil91Bw

siemens123
21-07-2015, 16:36
the problem is real Umad, so u might stop attacking him. it is very annoying and important. if u are caught in taking a corner u end up in the sand or wall. if u are caught in a group of 2-3 players u end up hitting eatchother badly. this could mean out of race , depending on the facts. i already mention this problem to Ian , who asked us in an earlier thread to make a list of bugs that should be fixed after 2.0 (+ also some future requests missing in multiplayer game). He also mentioned that the moderators do their jobs and send him the problems. i hope they did and i hope atleast it would be diminished.

the-stig
21-07-2015, 21:24
Alls quiet about this bug

the-stig
22-07-2015, 07:58
Is this going to be fixed in the next patch

the-stig
22-07-2015, 23:51

Still go no answer on this

chig88
23-07-2015, 13:32

Still go no answer on this

Here's a new drum, because the one you continue to bang is getting a little bit annoying.

We've all got issues we'd like to be addressed (95% of them are bigger problems than a split second freeze). I for instance would like the landmine bug looked at, but constantly starting threads etc. gets you nowhere.

the-stig
23-07-2015, 16:11
Here's a new drum, because the one you continue to bang is getting a little bit annoying.

We've all got issues we'd like to be addressed (95% of them are bigger problems than a split second freeze). I for instance would like the landmine bug looked at, but constantly starting threads etc. gets you nowhere.
Go band your head on it then

chig88
23-07-2015, 16:50
Go band your head on it then

Sigh.......

Oh, and *bang