PDA

View Full Version : project morpheus

finndog
20-07-2015, 18:40
Just wondering if the development kit for morpheus has arrived and how the development is coming along. I've heard they've been sent out to other companies and I'm looking forward to trying it out?

chase66down
20-07-2015, 18:50
Just wondering if the development kit for morpheus has arrived and how the development is coming along. I've heard they've been sent out to other companies and I'm looking forward to trying it out?

me too

amazed
20-07-2015, 18:51
Morpheus is not available to the public yet, probably not before 2016.

pwshaw10
20-07-2015, 20:39
I was wondering since the final version of the Morpheus has two screens (one for each eye...duh), does this mean it will allow Project Cars to be shown in 3D? Because there no sense of trying to capture true immersion without having the game in 3D. Playing this game with the Morpheus while in helmet cam, is gonna be sick!

chase66down
20-07-2015, 20:39
K
Morpheus is not available to the public yet, probably not before 2016.

yes as per 1st post, asking for any development info.

Iamlegion
21-07-2015, 10:00
I was wondering since the final version of the Morpheus has two screens (one for each eye...duh), does this mean it will allow Project Cars to be shown in 3D? Because there no sense of trying to capture true immersion without having the game in 3D. Playing this game with the Morpheus while in helmet cam, is gonna be sick!

No, you will just wear a 500 bucks ski goggle on your head so your friends can have a laugh at ya.

Redslayer
23-07-2015, 17:18
I really hope this comes along nicely. Really have decently high hopes for morpheus.

Flaw3dGenius
23-07-2015, 18:05
I really cannot see the PS4 being powerful enough to give us the results we all want judging by the specs needed for OC

BistoKid
23-07-2015, 18:09
Truly stoked about Morpheus and PCars IF they can get it right.

Redslayer
23-07-2015, 18:41
I really cannot see the PS4 being powerful enough to give us the results we all want judging by the specs needed for OC

Morpheus apparently has built in hardware that's going to help out. But only time will tell.

Flaw3dGenius
23-07-2015, 18:45
Morpheus apparently has built in hardware that's going to help out. But only time will tell.

Ahh did not know that! Do you guys think gaving the headaet on will effect ability with wheel and pedal? Or just a case of getting used to it.

Zenzic
23-07-2015, 19:02
I don't think the goggles will have a big influence on being able to operate the wheel or pedals. You don't look at any of these peripherals when racing now either. You know where all the buttons are by heart.

I do expect other things to become more cumbersome: inputting settings like FFB while having to switch between papers/smartphone/laptop and having to lift the goggles, using keyboards for extra button assignments where the buttons can't be recognized by touch alone, finding your beer without removing the goggles...

Pappa_Stig
24-07-2015, 03:56
Reaching for a swig of beer pre-race would be my biggest hurdle lol

yusupov
24-07-2015, 03:58
if it has the hardware to help out itll prob cost about a grand unless sony just sells it for a huge loss. seriously i dont see how ps4 is going to get VR as more than a gimmick.

Diablo944
24-07-2015, 05:44
I would be more inclined to think sony would release a new ps for morpheus. Something with a dedicated port. Either as a stopgap machine between four and five, or as part of a new ps unit. Then again, sony havent been able to keep secrets like apple used to do, so the lack of info on any new hardware seems to refute that being the case.

It would seem odd though for sony to throw so much weight behind such a project as morpheus and not try to use it on their primary in house platform.

jgaganas
24-07-2015, 05:54
if it has the hardware to help out itll prob cost about a grand unless sony just sells it for a huge loss. seriously i dont see how ps4 is going to get VR as more than a gimmick.

I also don't see how AAA titles will be capable of reaching 120FPS (morpheus spec)... unless sony is counting 2x 60FPS = 120 :P

Bluedice
24-07-2015, 06:23
I do expect other things to become more cumbersome: inputting settings like FFB while having to switch between papers/smartphone/laptop and having to lift the goggles, using keyboards for extra button assignments where the buttons can't be recognized by touch alone, finding your beer without removing the goggles...

From what I know the final version of Morpheus will have some sort of a "push and pull" system where you won't have to lift it, remove it or mess with its adjustments in order to be able to momentarily visualize the real world to some extent.

Hardware wise I believe we can expect a loss in per eye image quality along the lines of the loss GT5/6 had when being run in 3D mode. As for the external box we see today on the prototypes I'm not sure if it will end up on the final consumer version. Also I've read somewhere that it's final price won't be superior to the price of the console, so they might match or beat Oculus Rift price.

But no matter what, this should be a pretty cool piece of hardware for car games in general and I have a feeling that GT7 will be launched close to Morpheus release.

Katilla
24-07-2015, 06:46
....... I have a feeling that GT7 will be launched close to Morpheus release.

I do not think so!!
GT7 = The end of the year 2017 or 2018!
before....
no way

DozUK
24-07-2015, 06:54
GT7 will have to change dramatically if its to get any attention from me. I've enjoyed the series before but its a very lazy series due to no serious competition.

Project cars has raised the bar significantly, I've never experienced such thrilling races as I've had with this game with either the GT or Forza serious. Not by a long stretch.

Zenzic
24-07-2015, 07:39
I also don't see how AAA titles will be capable of reaching 120FPS (morpheus spec)... unless sony is counting 2x 60FPS = 120 :P

This article contains info on the FPS. Apparently it's upscaled through interpolation. link (http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/21/sonys-morpheus-vr-headset-for-ps4-has-three-different-processors-could-still-get-an-oled-screen/)